• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

GringoJB

Wish I could have played with you guys! Those are some awesome scores... good job you guys!

Hey, they actually just announced the Hatsune Miku panel at New York Comic Con (with Hiroyuki Ito from Crypton) if anyone's here's going next month... I definitely want to check it out! I'd post a link but I'm on mobile and my phone is being weird... it's Saturday from 4:00-5:00, though.

Bombless

Beat all the songs on normal. Just 1 perfect, will have to get back at them later. I'm enjoying this very much and given how much I suck at it I guess the replayability of this will be huuuuuuuuge.

I hope the sales are good enough to show SEGA that these localisations are very much sought after. Just tweak the prices a bit, I ended up getting the disk version from North America because of the silly digital version price in Europe and it was a couple € cheaper!

Last night was a night of horros (lol) I was getting one or two safes on every song I played and it was driving me insane. On a positive note I decided to skip normal and go straight to hard which I find so much easier.

Tonight I shall try again..and again...and again...

Does anyone have a link to a good trophy guide for this game? All of the others ones I've found seem to suck.

Also for the video one do you have to watch every single video in full duration?

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
The producer here at SOA and I have decided to have a little competition to bring you guys some cool home-made Edit Mode stuff. :)

Sam (our Producer for Miku) just finished his PV today for one of his favorite Vocaloid songs. The Upload ID is 2172 - he also translated the lyrics for the song, so be sure to download the data, plug in the MP3, and see if you like it!

Again, this is all home-made and not officially SEGA created. As part of the bet, I'll now be putting together an Edit Mode version of "Angels with Burning Hearts" from one of my favorite Saturn games, Burning Rangers.

Anyone else want to join us in creating some cool Edit Mode content? :)

Is there an issue with the calligraphy event for Len? Even when I get the rare Kanji it doesnt unlock the event in the list and its preventing me from getting the last trophy in the game... I have the listing for all of the 5 other vocaloids so i know it's his i need but what gives?

Edit: NVM, the calligraphy doesnt match up with the character in the album, stupid sexy kaito

OMG Aero

I finished all the songs on normal today so I started playing through on hard and have made an important discovery: Kaito's weird gas mask suit is the greatest module in the game.
It literally makes every song like 10 times better.

oV17fIf.gif

The DLC section of the OP was updated this morning. Let me know if I have anything wrong:
  • The Extra Character Modules DLC has only materialized in NA and is a no-show in EU so far;
  • The Two Snow Miku 2013 Costumes DLC has only been made available for purchase in EU and is still only available as a pre-order bonus at GameStop/EB in NA.
Also, does the Two Snow Miku 2013 Costumes DLC in EU also come with the XMB premium theme/wallpapers?

My god, was the Diva Room stuff so tiring to go through.

It isn't all that bad, but everything just felt clunky and going through menus of menus made it quite a pain to max affections with everybody.

But, woo plat'd Project DIVA F!

Was pretty fun and had a real blast with it. Man, I played Cat Food so many times to grind Diva Points.

When can i get official RYO dlc track packs... Thats all I really want T_T

I have almost every song on hard perfected, i have only one perfect in extreme. How do people get perfects in extreme? I dont think the dual shock can handle some of those sections...

I bought the dlc in the end >_> tonight I will go back to trying to get those perfects in hard. I got one on my favourite song, I was pretty chuffed by that.

macklelol

I have almost every song on hard perfected, i have only one perfect in extreme. How do people get perfects in extreme? I dont think the dual shock can handle some of those sections...

Dualshock can handle it fine, lol. I get a lot of perfects on extreme because I play this game a lot, I think I have like 120 hours played between this PS3 version and the Vita version. I do play a lot of stepmania as well, and I guess experience in that does help somewhat in this game.

Wow. Very impressive =) Did you check out that site with all of the high scores?

You mind linking to the site or send it to me via PM?

rpmurphy

Got to try out the fancy Hori controller at AWA this evening... pretty neat, although the TV setup had terrible lag. :(

Thinking of getting the mini-controller now...

akaoni

Banned
Unlocked all the songs on normal, some of which were quite difficult as someone who has little to no history with the genre.
Do you get anything for your score during the credits? I didn't realise it was interactive for a while.
Was worth importing for the physical release. One of the best games I've played that released this year, next to Fire Emblem.

Can't stress the importance of getting the calibration right, I tried to find info about my monitor and at best I knew it had 1 frame of lag which would be 16ms (I set +16) if a game ran at 60fps or something - whatever the math, it felt perfect.

rpmurphy

Caved in and got the mini Hori controller (black color) for $130. I'll have to get used to it, but so far it works like a charm, and very comfortable!

EDIT: One downside is the analog stick control doesn't seem to respond well to "flicks" compared to the DS3. Easy to register multiple flicks. :(

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
My god, was the Diva Room stuff so tiring to go through.

It isn't all that bad, but everything just felt clunky and going through menus of menus made it quite a pain to max affections with everybody.

But, woo plat'd Project DIVA F!

Was pretty fun and had a real blast with it. Man, I played Cat Food so many times to grind Diva Points.

Congrats! :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wish I could have played with you guys! Those are some awesome scores... good job you guys!

Hey, they actually just announced the Hatsune Miku panel at New York Comic Con (with Hiroyuki Ito from Crypton) if anyone's here's going next month... I definitely want to check it out! I'd post a link but I'm on mobile and my phone is being weird... it's Saturday from 4:00-5:00, though.

Really upset I'm unable to make Comic Con this year... friend got me a ticket for Saturday but turned out I had a wedding to go to that day. Last year I went to the Yu Asakawa (Luka's voice actress) panel and that was amazing!

So is this game officially OOP amazon has it for $55( and climbing) from third party sellers...

Online: try Frys.com or Newegg.com - I'm adding links to the OP now. Otherwise, if you're still looking for copies, your best bet is probably checking GameStop's website for store availability. What copies they have left are spread out pretty thin at this point, but you might be lucky if you can get yourself to a store that still has it.

Also, if you're willing to reimport copies that have already left the US, Video Games Plus seems to still have copies in stock. Play-Asia does too, but they're charging a markup.

Wonko_C

My city's Blockbuster hasn't sold any of the 5 copies they got. Mixup has 2 and another store has 1. If I had enough money I would buy them all and ebay them later. (evil grin)

Anyone else find it locks up their console when you select retry? It's doing it pretty consistently now and my PS3 needs to do a sanity check after each time. Driving me nuts.

rpmurphy

Anyone else find it locks up their console when you select retry? It's doing it pretty consistently now and my PS3 needs to do a sanity check after each time. Driving me nuts.
At first, I had it happen every time I tried loading one of the songs. I deleted the install data and then recreated it and it was fine afterwards.

Ibuki

Banned

I haven't had this happen at all yet. I also didn't install the optional data to my HD if that matters.

Top Bottom