• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Original | The Last of Us | Part 1 OT | Endure & Survive

Eiknarf

Banned
People.

The reason this show is only 9 episodes, and stuff feels rushed, is because its Season 1 of a brand new series.

On a brand new show, you don't know if it's going to be successful. So Networks always order minimal amount of episodes for a shows first season. This is just how it works for cable.

Walking Dead Season 1 was 6 fucking episodes. Season 2 was 13. Then the rest were 16. We are lucky we got 9. That shows faith.

You have to earn more episodes. The fact that S2 was confirmed so early, means we are practically guaranteed 13+ for Season 2. Bet on it. The shows earned it.

Im just gonna post this again. Race swapping ain't new. People just have to get used to it. Tons of fictional characters have been turned from one race to another. From black to white. White to black. Brown to Yellow. Green to Orange.

Actually no, because don’t you remember HBO’s The Outsider? That was ten long grueling episodes. Anyone who watched it remembers that there were two or three episodes that went by and the narrative never got pushed forward.

After the series ran its course, the creators admitted they padded the episodes to make it “a cool sounding 10 episodes”

They could have told the exact story in seven episodes

Like an 8 year old who thinks “10” must be the coolest number

Last edited:

Katajx

I knew people jumped the gun way too early on Bella. Every single episode she's gotten better and better, which is funny because that's exactly how I felt about game Ellie, the character kept getting better and better right up until the final "Okay". Huh, it's almost like...intentional and that comparing the fully fleshed out Ellie to Bella's based on early episodes was fucking stupid.
Ellie in the game grew on me as it went on too. I think Naughty Dog deserves more credit than I had previously given them. The way a lot of the Ellie scenes are presented in the game just seemed more real to me than the series which absolutely blows me away.

This is her Ellie and she is going to bring some differences with that and different things are going to be emphasized. Just as Mark Hamill, Heath Ledger, and Jack Nicholson’s Jokers are different.

Last edited:
I kept telling people that games can tell this kind of story better because of the gameplay. Its during gameplay where that connection between Ellie and Joel builds. None of that is there when it's a tv show or movie. They're doing a good job though. Enjoying the show but it was never gonna top the game
Yep. They need the full 24 episode a season like the old days of network tv to build the relationship.

Woggleman

The only thing I wasn't that crazy about during the whole show was Kathleen. I know she was supposed to be incompetent but how could somebody that stupid survive twenty years in an apocalypse? Maybe her brother carried her and left to her own devices she doomed an entire city in two weeks.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Here I'll make the episode better.

The episode should've opened up with Ellie hunting in the woods, all by her lonesome. Joel is nowhere in sight. The audience wonders if he's dead or not. The episode occasionally cuts back and forth between the Left Behind flashback, and her in the present day. At one point she crosses paths with David. Cue them cutting a deal and waiting by the fire. Ellie stares into the fire and reminisces about Riley. More flashbacks. David's man returns with the antibiotics. About the 45 minute mark of the episode Ellie returns to the house, and the show reveals Joel is still alive. She administers the antibiotics. She falls asleep and dreams about Riley. The Left Behind side story is wrapped up. Ellie wakes up to the sound of men outside. She leads them away from the house and gets captured. Cliffhanger. End of episode.

All in all, 20 minutes dedicated to the present, 40 minutes to Left Behind. All of Left Behind and portions of the David plotline are moved forward in one episode, allowing you more time for the next episode to focus on David's group and Joel's rescue mission.

Having flashbacks with David would be a bad idea. It would be better to just dedicate Left Behind to just one episode.

It does take a long for the audience to know that Joel was alive in the game because Ellie asked for antibiotics shortly after killing the deer. This typically takes around 10 minutes of game time to get to this point because the player has to chase the deer and then kill it. On a TV show, Ellie doesn't have to chase the deer for over 5 minutes, you just go from finding the deer, killing it, and then meeting up with David.

Now, if we go with your idea, then that would mean the next episode would be shorter and they will have to figure out how to fill the episode.

In the game:

1. Ellie would have to escape
2. Joel would wake up to find Ellie
3. Joel interrogates
4. Joel looks for Ellie
5. Ellie fights and Kills David
6. Joel finds Ellie

This will probably take 25-30 minutes on the show and Episode 8 is about an hour long.

Unless you want to go into a LONG backstory of David, then it's going to be difficult to fill in those extra 20-30 minutes.

Ar¢tos

This is what pisses me off, episode 3 and 7 were great but an hour+ each and here we have 40 minutes for the finale...
If you cut down the number of encounters in the hospital and the lengthy stealth parts, the hospital part can be told in 10-20min, leaving enough for the epilogue.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This is what pisses me off, episode 3 and 7 were great but an hour+ each and here we have 40 minutes for the finale...
A lot doesn't really happen in the final part of the game.

Game Time
CPR to Joel killing the guard = 5 minutes
Joel finding the room to the end = 8 minutes

That leaves 27 minutes for the giraffe scene, the talk with Ellie on the rooftop, getting knocked unconscious, and the shootout scene.

I think that's enough time

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
51 minutes is pretty short for the winter arc. It is odd they chose to make that shorter than the DLC episode. I'm hoping they have good reason, it's not like they were mandated to make it short.
Winter is almost all action setpieces. They have been cutting action all season long. Dont know if its a budget issue or a narrative choice by Mazin and Druckmann.

If you cut down the number of encounters in the hospital and the lengthy stealth parts, the hospital part can be told in 10-20min, leaving enough for the epilogue.

A lot doesn't really happen in the final part of the game.

Game Time
CPR to Joel killing the guard = 5 minutes
Joel finding the room to the end = 8 minutes

That leaves 27 minutes for the giraffe scene, the talk with Ellie on the rooftop, getting knocked unconscious, and the shootout scene.

I think that's enough time
Look, the show is good, really good and like I said episode 3 and 7 were great but stop with these shitty made up excuses. Theyve spent more time in the mall and on romances than the actually MAIN stoyline.

Let's make the finale 20 minutes then 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Look, the show is good, really good and like I said episode 3 and 7 were great but stop with these shitty made up excuses. Theyve spent more time in the mall and on romances than the actually MAIN stoyline.

Fine, I'll tell them to add 5min of Joel looking deeply into Ellie's eyes during the giraffe scene, then Ellie goes to the toilet for 10 min, then Joel eats a steak for 5min in the epilogue just to stretch the episode to 60min.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Instead of saying shitty excuse then try to dispute anything that I just said.

And who is talking about other episodes?

I literally gave you the runtime of the cutscenes in the game. Do you expect them to have a 10-minute shootout with the Fireflies?

Let's see you dispute anything I said about the final episode if you can't then you're complaining for no reason.

ByWatterson

This is the best version of the game that a show could be....

But it still feels rushed and is showing the strengths of games over other narrative media. Ellie going for about an hour on her own before the player even knows for sure that Joel is alive is top-tier narrative design, as it makes us worry immensely about her security, her future, and the dramatic tension is thick as a block of wood. And, potentially alone, the player has to summon some new strength and sense of purpose. I have to save Joel, and I can take the time with the character to fully assume that paradigm shift.

The show has done this several times now, particularly in the last two episodes. Long gameplay stretches that give space for the player's character development and inner monologue are reduced to a quick scene of dialogue. It's not about length, it's about pace, and I have said for years that games can be much, much more powerful because of the time we must spend playing them.

What this is showing is that The Last of Us wasn't a brilliant game because of some cutscenes, but because it married a perfect narrative with the inherent strengths of games, which it also pulled off incredibly well.

I like the show. But it remains just a good show, and that's not what The Last of Us ever was.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Having flashbacks with David would be a bad idea. It would be better to just dedicate Left Behind to just one episode.

It does take a long for the audience to know that Joel was alive in the game because Ellie asked for antibiotics shortly after killing the deer. This typically takes around 10 minutes of game time to get to this point because the player has to chase the deer and then kill it. On a TV show, Ellie doesn't have to chase the deer for over 5 minutes, you just go from finding the deer, killing it, and then meeting up with David.

It's not a bad idea, it's the optimal approach. Even the Bill and Frank episode moved the main plot forward and got Joel and Ellie from Point A B and C.

Now, if we go with your idea, then that would mean the next episode would be shorter and they will have to figure out how to fill the episode.

In the game:

1. Ellie would have to escape
2. Joel would wake up to find Ellie
3. Joel interrogates
4. Joel looks for Ellie
5. Ellie fights and Kills David
6. Joel finds Ellie

This will probably take 25-30 minutes on the show and Episode 8 is about an hour long.

No it would mean they can take their time with dialogue between Ellie and David, learning more about David's group, Joel waking up and looking for Ellie, interrogating David's men, and sneaking into their camp. Then Ellie escaping and running from David. There's plenty going on in there to fit into a 60 minute timeframe. Your argument is trying to draw parallels to how long these sections are in the game, when we've already seen the show take liberties with the timeframe of certain sections, not to mention adding new story beats. Some things get drawn out in the show, and some things get shortened. I'm just presenting the best way to have your Left Behind story, while pushing the main plot forward. Left behind didn't need to be 55 minutes long. It could've easily been 30 minutes. 40 minutes is me being generous. We didn't need long drawn out moments of Ellie and Riley taking photos, playing Mortal Kombat, and showing every step of the way to the mall. There was so much fat they could've trimmed in that episode, and still got to the point.

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but a lot of people have been coming out of the woodwork complaining about the pacing of the show, so it's not just me. You can argue that the show did it better, but it all boils down to opinions, and so far it seems a good amount of people weren't entirely happy with Episode 7.

Unless you want to go into a LONG backstory of David, then it's going to be difficult to fill in those extra 20-30 minutes.

I mean that's pretty much what we just got with Ellie and Riley. The difference would be that the section with David actually moves the main plot forward and focuses on the two main characters.

Last edited:

Shakka43

The way the show has been doing things it wouldn't surprise me if Joel only kills the guy showing him the way out, the doctor and Marlene. It could all take 5 minutes.

Fine, I'll tell them to add 5min of Joel looking deeply into Ellie's eyes during the giraffe scene, then Ellie goes to the toilet for 10 min, then Joel eats a steak for 5min in the epilogue just to stretch the episode to 60min.

And who is talking about other episodes?

I literally gave you the runtime of the cutscenes in the game. Do you expect them to have a 10-minute shootout with the Fireflies?

Let's see you dispute anything I said about the final episode if you can't then you're complaining for no reason.
Fine, I'll tell them to keep making episodes of an hour long on romances involving secondary characters instead of Ellie/Joel relationship

I mentioned that having episodes like the final one 40 minutes long and episode 4 as well really disappointing when they spent so much time on secondary characters. I also mentioned that the episodes were also great but here you are, fanboying and refuting all negative comments in this thread.

There's just no point discussing it with you, the amount of shill is absolutely cringeworthy

Enough time lost with these fanboys. On one side there's these folks taking every negative comments as personal and the other side who absolutely hates everything for absolutely no reason other than not being exactly like the show.

God this is annoying

Last edited:

Madflavor

This is the best version of the game that a show could be....

But it still feels rushed and is showing the strengths of games over other narrative media. Ellie going for about an hour on her own before the player even knows for sure that Joel is alive is top-tier narrative design, as it makes us worry immensely about her security, her future, and the dramatic tension is thick as a block of wood. And, potentially alone, the player has to summon some new strength and sense of purpose. I have to save Joel, and I can take the time with the character to fully assume that paradigm shift.

The show has done this several times now, particularly in the last two episodes. Long gameplay stretches that give space for the player's character development and inner monologue are reduced to a quick scene of dialogue. It's not about length, it's about pace, and I have said for years that games can be much, much more powerful because of the time we must spend playing them.

What this is showing is that The Last of Us wasn't a brilliant game because of some cutscenes, but because it married a perfect narrative with the inherent strengths of games, which it also pulled off incredibly well.

I like the show. But it remains just a good show, and that's not what The Last of Us ever was.

Yeah I don't know about that. I think this absolutely could've been done better. They definitely spend far too much time on side characters and stories instead of Joel and Ellie, that the finale where Joel goes Defcon 1 on the Fireflies isn't going to feel as earned as it was in the game. But that boils down to pacing, which I know you and others have brought up.

Yeah I don't know about that. I think this absolutely could've been done better. They definitely spend far too much time on side characters and stories instead of Joel and Ellie, that the finale where Joel goes Defcon 1 on the Fireflies isn't going to feel as earned as it was in the game. But that boils down to pacing, which I know you and others have brought up.
Pacing is only better in the show when it serves them well, then they'll use the pacing in the game is: hospital to try and prove us the pacing is on point

Shills, the lot of them

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
No it would mean they can take their time with dialogue between Ellie and David, learning more about David's group, Joel waking up and looking for Ellie, interrogating David's men, and sneaking into their camp. Then Ellie escaping and running from David. There's plenty going on in there to fit into a 60 minute timeframe.
They can take their time with the dialog? But you just complained about scenes being drawn out. lol You're talking about the same issues but just in another episode.

Why should be so much time dedicated to sneaking into their camp?

Remember, you have more than 30 minutes to fill. That's A LOT of time for such small portions of the story. The reason why the segments with Riley were long is that they needed to make the relationship between the two believable.
Your argument is trying to draw parallels to how long these sections are in the game, when we've already seen the show take liberties with the timeframe of certain sections, not to mention adding new story beats.

Some things get drawn out in the show, and some things get shortened. I'm just presenting the best way to have your Left Behind story, while pushing the main plot forward. Left behind didn't need to be 55 minutes long. It could've easily been 30 minutes. 40 minutes is me being generous. We didn't need long drawn out moments of Ellie and Riley taking photos, playing Mortal Kombat, and showing every step of the way to the mall. There was so much fat they could've trimmed in that episode, and still got to the point.

My argument is story based. And this is the main issue with people's arguments.

"We don't need drawn-out moments with taking photos, playing mortal kombat etc."

In stories, you need enough time to introduce a character and develop a relationship so that the audience will care about the character.

You already played the game, but millions of people haven't. So how many people are going to care about a character or even believe their friendship is real if these segments are either cut out or short?

You're someone who has played the game, not someone who is being introduced to these characters on screen.

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but a lot of people have been coming out of the woodwork complaining about the pacing of the show, so it's not just me. You can argue that the show did it better, but it all boils down to opinions, and so far it seems a good amount of people weren't entirely happy with Episode 7.
I have paid attention and I believe there are some pacing issues, but I also believe that some arguments are rather weak.

"We don't need Henry's back story"
"We don't need to know about FEDRA"
"Too much time was dedicated to Sarah."

Some arguments are weak and just because they're complaining, doesn't mean they're right. Some people just complain because it's not like the game.

I mean that's pretty much what we just got with Ellie and Riley. The difference would be that the section with David actually moves the main plot forward and focuses on the two main characters.

Every story in this game thus far has moved the plot forward.

Everything you just said can be held off until Episode 8.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Fine, I'll tell them to keep making episodes of an hour long on romances involving secondary characters instead of Ellie/Joel relationship

I mentioned that having episodes like the final one 40 minutes long and episode 4 as well really disappointing when they spent so much time on secondary characters. I also mentioned that the episodes were also great but here you are, fanboying and refuting all negative comments in this thread.

There's just no point discussing it with you, the amount of shill is absolutely cringeworthy

Enough time lost with these fanboys. On one side there's these folks taking every negative comments as personal and the other side who absolutely hates everything for absolutely no reason other than not being exactly like the show.

God this is annoying
Basically, you're just spouting BS. You can't even dispute anything I just said and your entire reply is just talking about how I'm a fanboy. lol

I thought the pacing at the end of Episode 1 was off.
I thought the flashback with Bill and Frank was too long and I preferred Bill's version in the game better.
I thought the shootout scene in Episode 4 was too short and it should have been a bit longer.
I think there should have been more infected in episode 7.

I know some sections feel like the pacing is a bit off because 1) we're not playing the game and 2) they're trying to fit an entire chapter into a game in just an hour.

Complaining and being upset about pacing is like being upset that a low-budget movie's VFX is not up to par or an indie game doesn't have the graphics or cutscenes as a triple a budget title.

Nydius

With a lot of the game still fresh in my mind, I was expecting this episode to follow the base game where Ellie was trying to survive while finding supplies to aid in Joel's recovery. I didn't expect they'd take the DLC and turn it into a second episode of hour long exposition filler.

That they kept it (mostly) true to the DLC doesn't really change my disappointment with the series thus far which is the fact that for a show based off a zombie apocalypse game, there's precious few actual, you know, zombies. They've been little more than a plot contrivance to move the group along, whether it was to push them out of Boston or to get them out of Kansas City. Here's yet another episode where the existential threat is almost entirely absent in order to focus character backstory. In a 9 episode "season". It's hard to care about Ellie supposedly being the possible savior of humankind from this fungal threat when the entire threat is treated like an afterthought.

They could just make every episode 80 mins long and no one would complain at all.
I think they just underestimated the show, thought episode too long may make the audience bored. But the true is it's not enough and they skipped too many good parts.
Pacing feels really rushed toward the end. The first half was almost perfect.
Hope next episode doesn't feel rushed but I really doubt that.

I think I could enjoy this episode more if I haven't played the game. But in the end Ellie found way to save Joel too easy make Riley quote feel less impact than the game version for me. Other moment except the infected fight is great though.

Last edited:

Majmun

I'm sure two episodes are more than enough to cover the rest of the story. After David there's only the hospital thing.

They will never be able to do a 1:1 with the game. You're a fool if you're expecting that. It would als be the most boring tv show ever. No one wants to see a shootout after a shootout.

They covered the most importan events of the game and focused on the characters instead of action set piece after another. And I'm sure ep 8 and 9 will be the same. Which I'm fine with.

E-Cat

With a lot of the game still fresh in my mind, I was expecting this episode to follow the base game where Ellie was trying to survive while finding supplies to aid in Joel's recovery. I didn't expect they'd take the DLC and turn it into a second episode of hour long exposition filler.

That they kept it (mostly) true to the DLC doesn't really change my disappointment with the series thus far which is the fact that for a show based off a zombie apocalypse game, there's precious few actual, you know, zombies. They've been little more than a plot contrivance to move the group along, whether it was to push them out of Boston or to get them out of Kansas City. Here's yet another episode where the existential threat is almost entirely absent in order to focus character backstory. In a 9 episode "season". It's hard to care about Ellie supposedly being the possible savior of humankind from this fungal threat when the entire threat is treated like an afterthought.
Zombies are boring as shit. I'd take character development over that any day, DLC or not.

Nydius

Zombies are boring as shit. I'd take character development over that any day, DLC or not.

The entire premise of this is about mushroom zombies and Ellie being a potential savior due to her immunity. In this TV rendition, the zombies are relegated to useless set pieces that have only felt "threatening" to the main characters once, in episode two. The stakes of the Joel's mission are made meaningless because the zombies don't feel like a threat.

You're watching a show about a zombie apocalypse but think zombies are boring. Maybe you should go watch something else if you don't like the original subject matter. If you want to watch endless episodes of character exposition, may I suggest This is Us. Might be more your speed.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Geez they even failed to recreate the arcade scene and had to have a working one lol. All of the scenes from the games were smaller or bigger disappointments compared to the original material and it's not just because you know what will happen. You can play the game again and enjoyed them more.
Plus almost zero action again, why do they bother finding the cure if encountering the infected is so rare?

Madflavor

They can take their time with the dialog? But you just complained about scenes being drawn out. lol You're talking about the same issues but just in another episode.

Why should be so much time dedicated to sneaking into their camp?

Remember, you have more than 30 minutes to fill. That's A LOT of time for such small portions of the story. The reason why the segments with Riley were long is that they needed to make the relationship between the two believable.

My argument is story based. And this is the main issue with people's arguments.

"We don't need drawn-out moments with taking photos, playing mortal kombat etc."

In stories, you need enough time to introduce a character and develop a relationship so that the audience will care about the character.

You already played the game, but millions of people haven't. So how many people are going to care about a character or even believe their friendship is real if these segments are either cut out or short?

You're someone who has played the game, not someone who is being introduced to these characters on screen.

I have paid attention and I believe there are some pacing issues, but I also believe that some arguments are rather weak.

"We don't need Henry's back story"
"We don't need to know about FEDRA"
"Too much time was dedicated to Sarah."

Some arguments are weak and just because they're complaining, doesn't mean they're right. Some people just complain because it's not like the game.

Every story in this game thus far has moved the plot forward.

Everything you just said can be held off until Episode 8.

Dude okay, you can have your opinion but I'm not doing this. 10 years ago I was enough of a no-lifer to engage in wall of text battles with people but now I've got better shit to do. Let's agree to disagree. I'm far from the only one who's complained about the shows pacing. I've seen complaints here, all over reddit, and other places. My wife for one hasn't played the games, and she's loved every episode so far except this one. If an episode is this divisive, then perhaps it wasn't the optimal way to tell this part of the story. I still like it a lot, but I feel secure enough in my enjoyment of the show to point out it's flaws.

E-Cat

The entire premise of this is about mushroom zombies and Ellie being a potential savior due to her immunity. In this TV rendition, the zombies are relegated to useless set pieces that have only felt "threatening" to the main characters once, in episode two. The stakes of the Joel's mission are made meaningless because the zombies don't feel like a threat.

You're watching a show about a zombie apocalypse but think zombies are boring. Maybe you should go watch something else if you don't like the original subject matter. If you want to watch endless episodes of character exposition, may I suggest This is Us. Might be more your speed.
I'm liking the show just fine, thank you. Probably precisely due to the sparsity of zombies as lamented by you. They're just a necessary backdrop, not the main focus which is the relationship between Joel and Ellie.

Also, the narrative clearly demonstrates that zombies = bad and an existential threat to humanity. I don't think anyone's gonna be confused about the stakes of Joel's mission, even if we don't get a dozen action sequences showing that zombies = bad.

Last edited:

Neff

Man it sucks that there are only two episodes left.

There's not much left to tell honestly. Ellie meets David, David reveals he's a nutjob, Ellie kills David, giraffes, Joel murders the Fireflies, the end. They'll probably shove some of the action sequences from the game in there for one last hurrah of horror spectacle, but as far as all the major character events go they're nearly done.

And hey, we're getting at least another season to come.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Dude okay, you can have your opinion but I'm not doing this. 10 years ago I was enough of a no-lifer to engage in wall of text battles with people but now I've got better shit to do. Let's agree to disagree. I'm far from the only one who's complained about the shows pacing. I've seen complaints here, all over reddit, and other places. My wife for one hasn't played the games, and she's loved every episode so far except this one. If an episode is this divisive, then perhaps it wasn't the optimal way to tell this part of the story. I still like it a lot, but I feel secure enough in my enjoyment of the show to point out it's flaws.

Just because people have issues with pacing (including myself) doesn't mean you're right when it comes to how episode 7 should've been directed/produced. It's like you wanted to validate your opinion by bringing up the fact that other people have issues with pacing.

I just thought the way episode 7 was structured in your version wasn't good. That's it. That doesn't mean I'm ignoring everyone who has issues with pacing.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
The only thing I wasn't that crazy about during the whole show was Kathleen. I know she was supposed to be incompetent but how could somebody that stupid survive twenty years in an apocalypse? Maybe her brother carried her and left to her own devices she doomed an entire city in two weeks.

You still don't get it.

#1 She wasn't incompetent, she was just driven by grief and anger
#2 She not only had her brother but Fedra KC had kept the QZ safe despite their atrocities
#3 She was blinded from focusing on their real threat due to her situation, a theme that the Last of Us has touched on the in the past with military spending focused on the wrong enemy. These themes will continue to be explored in season 2 exploring the cycle of hatred and violence.

Loved it. The last ten minutes where masterful.

The switching between timelines showing Ellie's panic in each was perfect.

I just wish there was more than 2 episodes left.
Loved the single tear running from Joel's left eye when Ellie was leaving. A small thing that meant so much. That scene was done brilliantly and perfectly timed with Ellie feeling abandoned by Riley.. directing is top notch

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Show ellie is better than game ellie.

Bella is fucking killing this shit.

And she seems more like a KID here. My only gripe with TLOU the game was Ellie talked and acted too much like an adult. Here, she is a 14 year old kid.

We'll see how she is for Part II/Season 2.

My favorite game of all time with nothing else in the same galaxy.

Yoboman

Finale is very short in the game too. You meet the girafe then fight one set of bloaters then end up at the hospital where Joel quickly takes care of the fireflies. If i had to guess, they will probably do away with the zombies for the finale.

but Winter? that is a big 2 hour setpiece that will now be reduced to just an hour long episode. i dont know what they were thinking giving David just one episode.
Winter is an hour ingame. You hunt the deer, find David, fight off infected with David, get imprisoned. Jump forward to Joel torture scene. Jump back to Ellie escaping and fight with David

Trilobit

I think this 7th episode is my favourite so far. I was so tense throughout waiting for the inevitable tragedy and jump scare. "Noo, don't go on the eacalator! Nooo, don't go on the carousel!! Noooooo, not the arcade!!!" Phew!

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

I absolutely love this game/TV show tells stories about relationships between people and doesn't just focus on a movies. They did the left behind dlc justice.

One thing they haven't done well though... Is Ellie and Joel's relationship. Which is odd, as they are the main protagonists. I just don't feel the connection between them two. And it's weird because those two have had more screen time

Woggleman

You still don't get it.

#1 She wasn't incompetent, she was just driven by grief and anger
#2 She not only had her brother but Fedra KC had kept the QZ safe despite their atrocities
#3 She was blinded from focusing on their real threat due to her situation, a theme that the Last of Us has touched on the in the past with military spending focused on the wrong enemy. These themes will continue to be explored in season 2 exploring the cycle of hatred and violence.
TLOU2 is one of my favorite games but it showed those themes much better than Kathleen. Isaac was also a war monger who punished those he felt went against the WLF but he was competent enough to at least keep Seattle running for a few years. Invading the island was dumb but he had his priorities in order for a long time.

Kathleen has been around long enough to know how dangerous the infected are and she literally ignores a ticking time bomb under city to chase a guy who probably would have never survived on the outside anyway.

She also kills a doctor in a time when they are more valuable than ever.

Top Bottom