• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miletius

Just thoughtstole 2 Grom's and a Carine from a warrior. I'd be pretty flabbergasted if that happened to me. The priest didn't have an easy way to enrage Grom though, so he was less effective than usual.

Card Boy

Banned
Finally got Fireside Gatherings cover. Eliminating the ipad and replacing it with another PC got it for me. I checked the IP of all machines aswell before attempting it again.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Make account, install client and the network adapter, log in, click that link to join the party, boot up hearthstone, scroll to bottom of friends list to see "local" players, challenge and concede 3 times, get card backs, uninstall client.

Special C

2e3vLWD.png

Yes! A Wisp!! Sweet.

Ghost23

Leeroy is perfect for my hunter deck. Finished a guy off with 12 health with Leeroy and Unleash the Hounds with 6 enemies (including Leeroy's two minions).

zam

Make account, install client and the network adapter, log in, click that link to join the party, boot up hearthstone, scroll to bottom of friends list to see "local" players, challenge and concede 3 times, get card backs, uninstall client.
Tried joining, played like 6 games against Breadsmasher, didn't get my card back. Restarted evolve and now it says "You cannot enter parties because the party system is currently unavailable. Try again later."

arimanius

Tried joining, played like 6 games against Breadsmasher, didn't get my card back. Restarted evolve and now it says "You cannot enter parties because the party system is currently unavailable. Try again later."

I'm still in the room but no one has joined in a bit. They may be having issues.

zam

I'm still in the room but no one has joined in a bit. They may be having issues.
Yeah, I checked their homepage and it appears they are getting hit hard by all the people trying to get the Hearthstone card backs, will try again tomorrow.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think i beat all the Expert AIs and didnt get 100 Gold.

Is there anyway to check which AI im missing?

Majine

Banned
Ihihihihi a hunter started off strong, put me down to 10 health (him 30), but I swung the match into 17 (him 0). Get rekt.

Sothpaw

Haven't played in a few months. 12-2 as mage. I honestly can't believe Blizzard hasn't nerfed them yet. So damn easy to win.

And yes the 2 losses were to mages.

DrLazy

Haven't played in a few months. 12-2 as mage. I honestly can't believe Blizzard hasn't nerfed them yet. So damn easy to win.

And yes the 2 losses were to mages.

Huh. Are mages considered OP? I've noticed I'm having lots of trouble with them. Fireball deaths suck. If we make it to turn 10, I know I'm done.

jinutsu

Neo Member
Huh. Are mages considered OP? I've noticed I'm having lots of trouble with them. Fireball deaths suck. If we make it to turn 10, I know I'm done.

In Arena their board clears are dominant and they are generally viewed as the best class.

In Constructed they are crap because they have poor minions and expensive board clears that don't allow you to take board control.

cackhyena

Does the player have a certain amount of time before the game just starts when choosing cards? I waited five or six minutes for this guy to choose. After about a minute, I decided the guy is just a piece of shit trying to get a win out of me conceding or the game weirdly hung up in the card select screen.

Hero

I've only done Arena twice, first time as a class I never really played and the second time as a Rogue and got terrible cards in my pool.

Any good tips on doing well in Arena?

Does the player have a certain amount of time before the game just starts when choosing cards? I waited five or six minutes for this guy to choose. After about a minute, I decided the guy is just a piece of shit trying to get a win out of me conceding or the game weirdly hung up in the card select screen.

If it takes that long then the game disconnected/bugged out.

johnsmith

remember me
I've only done Arena twice, first time as a class I never really played and the second time as a Rogue and got terrible cards in my pool.

Read up on which cards are good, and why.
http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/arena-strategy/513-trumps-arena-tier-list-neutral-commons

And use guides to help you pick cards if you're not sure on what's good
http://www.arenavalue.com/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AifXEOqTcGcLdFVvWk1GRjVJTHJUaTVLcGViR1RRTFE&gid=24

johnsmith

remember me
Game froze while casting a spell during arena. I close it out and log back in, and instead of letting me continue is gives me a loss. Fix your shit, blizzard.

old

Choose Mage or Paladin if able. Focus on a mana curve that peaks at 2 with a solid number of 3's and 4's. Choose cards that have good stat value and can stand on their own if necessary (no ancient watchers). Take as many high value AOEs (Swipe, Consecrate, Firestorm) as you can. Mulligan towards having a handful of 1 and 2 drops.

From there it's about learning matchups and the nuance of when to trade and when to go face.

Hero

I use http://www.arenavalue.com/ to help build my deck. You can compare different cards and their relative values. That said, I still suck at Arena D:

Thanks. I'm an experienced Magic player so while I am pretty good at evaluating card strengths I didn't bother doing any research on the classes I didn't play previously. Will use these resources now!

Choose Mage or Paladin if able. Focus on a mana curve that peaks at 2 with a solid number of 3's and 4's. Choose cards that have good stat value and can stand on their own if necessary (no ancient watchers). Take as many high value AOEs (Swipe, Consecrate, Firestorm) as you can. Mulligan towards having a handful of 1 and 2 drops.

From there it's about learning matchups and the nuance of when to trade and when to go face.

Yeah, removal seems key in this game. Yesterday I was in a match against a Paladin where he topdeck this card, maybe Avenging Wrath? Dealt 8 damage randomly to my board and of course it dealt enough to wipe my three minions.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
In Arena their board clears are dominant and they are generally viewed as the best class.

In Constructed they are crap because they have poor minions and expensive board clears that don't allow you to take board control.

whoooo i play mage. no wonder i see so few in ranked. made it to level 11 which is probably crap but i've won like 10 matches in a row so i can retire this season feeling good about that at least. :)

Bii

whoooo i play mage. no wonder i see so few in ranked. made it to level 11 which is probably crap but i've won like 10 matches in a row so i can retire this season feeling good about that at least. :)

I play Mage and I'm current rank 9. Not bad for a deck that doesn't use any epic or legendary cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom