• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made it to rank 8 on the back of Druid having really good matchups vs aggro hunter and zoolock, I think I won't play ranked til the season ends. Having an awful matchup vs Priest and a sort of bad one vs Shaman is sort of a non-issue in the current meta.

Card Boy

Banned
I know this had 10 million accounts before Fireside Gatherings but i can see Blizzard bragging about some inflated numbers here.

"We got 5 million more Hearthstone signups in the last week!"

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I play Mage and I'm current rank 9. Not bad for a deck that doesn't use any epic or legendary cards.
I have some legendaries but don't think they are critical. More situational. Black Knight is nice in certain scenarios to keep you alive through the midgame but I'm sure lots of other cards do the trick. Then again what do I know I literally started playing this for real like four days ago and need to get back to netrunner before regionals season but this game is just too damn distracting :p

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
So I played a game on my sister's iPad to get my iPack yesterday. Touch controls felt a little wonky. I ended up accidentally fire elementaling myself in the face in a match against somebody named FlirtyFairy. Totally embarrassing.

I can't believe everybody in here saying they got legendaries in their iPacks. I just got a rare and four commons. Same as usual. Fuck my luck.

Anyways, can anyone tell me what decks are being played in Legend rank? I've been grinding out my golden warrior in ladder using a variant of the Reynad deck and stalled out at rank 5. (Don't have all the legendaries for Control Warrior.) Since I was fairly close, I'd like to to see if I can make it the rest of the way with a more competitive deck. Any thoughts?

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
One legendary in twenty packs on average. Variance is a bitch.

I was hoping it was some kind of super duper special pack with everyone saying how they got legendaries in theirs. Same old, same old though.

I guess it would be expected one in every 20-something gaffers reading this thread would get a legendary with it though.

CoolOff

So, when do we get to see the Dreamhack decklists?

Ancient of Lore (2)
Ancient of War (2)
Big Game Hunter
Cenarius
Chillwind Yeti
Druid of the Claw (2)
Faceless Manipulator (2)
Healing Touch
Innervate (2)
Keeper of the Grove (2)
Mark of the Wild (2)
Nourish
Starfall
Sunwalker (2)
Swipe (2)
Sylvanas
The Black Knight
Wild Growth (2)
Wrath (2)

Gaaras ramp-Druid at least.

http://i.imgur.com/FfrJS4m.png

Danielctin14's Shaman.

Kosma

Banned
6 months of playing only 2 legendaries and then I get a pack like this :/

Really makes me hate this game

Fuck this shit

QHombOr.jpg

So All I need to do for the fireside back is play my 3 buddies at work over the day as long as we are all on the same wifi at our office I should be ok?

edit: yeesh that pack above me stinks.

So All I need to do for the fireside back is play my 3 buddies at work over the day as long as we are all on the same wifi at our office I should be ok?

Yep, but everyone has to be logged in at the same time and throughout. If 3 or more people aren't logged into the game (not just the b.net program, in hearthstone itself) the games won't count.

Thats not Karma

Karma would give me some good cards for dealing with dorks

And yet that reply....

Yep, but everyone has to be logged in at the same time and throughout. If 3 or more people aren't logged into the game (not just the b.net program, in hearthstone itself) the games won't count.

well that is a lot harder since we are all at work. You can just concede out though right?

ACE 1991

Want to give the arena another go after playing a ton of constructed, I feel like I have much better handle on how hearthstone is played. What is the best arena deck construction guide?

Phreaker

Grio

Neo Member
6 months of playing only 2 legendaries and then I get a pack like this :/

Really makes me hate this game

Fuck this shit

QHombOr.jpg

I've opened over 50 packs and I currently have no legendary cards. Calm down. That IMG is typically what I see from pack to pack. If you're getting any better consider yourself spoiled.

zoukka

I pyroblasted a silver hand recruit on iPad. Yes a silver hand recruit. There has never been a silver hand recruit so dead as that poor guy.

suikoden352

Neo Member
i feel like and am pretty sure i am in the minority with this thinking, but i feel like i have to speak out before i go mad. i do not see how mages are so OP as most people are saying. i honestly think that priests are more OP than mages. probably not a lot of people who will follow me on that, but i just had to speak my mind on that. maybe i am just not versed enough with the game yet. maybe mages are OP but so are priests IMHO.

FStop7

Banned
I think he's talking about arena.

O. I had preparation come up in Arena and I drafted it. Maybe that's why I lost. :(

i feel like and am pretty sure i am in the minority with this thinking, but i feel like i have to speak out before i go mad. i do not see how mages are so OP as most people are saying. i honestly think that priests are more OP than mages. probably not a lot of people who will follow me on that, but i just had to speak my mind on that. maybe i am just not versed enough with the game yet. maybe mages are OP but so are priests IMHO.

Mages are my achilles heel in both arena and constructed. Fuck Mages. >:O

the issue is that flamestrike and fireball are basic cards so they're very likely to come up in a draft. which means it's a lot easier to get an above average mage deck than any other class. if you get a really good draft with paladin or druid or rogue you're probably going to be able to beat even the best mage decks. but, on average, that does not happen.

cackhyena

I've opened over 50 packs and I currently have no legendary cards. Calm down. That IMG is typically what I see from pack to pack. If you're getting any better consider yourself spoiled.

Jeez, really? Were most of those packs from Arena wins, real money spent, or in game currency? I have 1 legendary and I've maybe opened 10 packs, total? Only bought two with coins.

scy

Priests are really easy to play around as they offer at-best 1-for-1s in the early game. They have no answer to a lot of 4/X cards. Once they establish board control / hit the late game fatties, they really shine but it's usually not hard to deal with them until that point.

If this is about Constructed, Mages are pretty far from OP there as they're fairly low on the totem pole. Though, Priests are down there too besides super specific builds to counter certain decks.

Alric

Priests are really easy to play around as they offer at-best 1-for-1s in the early game. They have no answer to a lot of 4/X cards. Once they establish board control / hit the late game fatties, they really shine but it's usually not hard to deal with them until that point.

If this is about Constructed, Mages are pretty far from OP there as they're fairly low on the totem pole. Though, Priests are down there too besides super specific builds to counter certain decks.

I definitely agree with priests. If I don't kill them by a certain point its near impossible to kill them. Early game is where it is at taking them down.

Grio

Neo Member
Jeez, really? Were most of those packs from Arena wins, real money spent, or in game currency? I have 1 legendary and I've maybe opened 10 packs, total? Only bought two with coins.

The packs are split between arena and constructed. If I'm on an arena streak and gain more gold than the next arena admission (250 gold or more) through quests and constructed, I will buy a pack.

I've never spent money on the game and strongly believe that you don't need to for a winning deck.

I honestly think the odds are stacked against me at this point to have so many packs and so few epics and legendaries.

The packs are split between arena and constructed. If I'm on an arena streak and gain more gold than the next arena admission (250 gold or more) through quests and constructed, I will buy a pack.

I've never spent money on the game and strongly believe that you don't need to for a winning deck.

I honestly think the odds are stacked against me at this point to have so many packs and so few epics and legendaries.

I got 2 Legendaries out of my first 80 packs, but then got about 3-4 more in my next 20, two of which were golden. I mean, this is statistics, and it can be shitty for a while, but it really should average out to about 1 Legendary every 20 (or is it 40? I forget) packs given enough replicates.

FStop7

Banned
I've had really good luck with getting legendaries out of random packs. I've spent around $60 on boosters and got gold tink, pagle, and the beast.

From "free" packs purchased through earned gold I've gotten Sylvanas, VanCleef, Al-Akhir (twice), Malygos.

Everything else I've gotten by dusting other cards.

I'm still hunting for a gold Jaraxxus (Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion), gold Cabal Shadow Priest, regular Cairne, regular Alexstraza.

I was watching Hafu stream and she's got all gold everything. She is the Trinidad James of Hearthstone.

Kosma

Banned
I wish I could like your post Minsc.

I'm trying to think of a scenario where this card would be useful.

Edit: I counted and I'm still missing 79 cards.

Maybe good to add this to show how much I played:

cIK2b59l.jpg

Grio

Neo Member
I've had really good luck with getting legendaries out of random packs. I've spent around $60 on boosters and got gold tink, pagle, and the beast.

From "free" packs purchased through earned gold I've gotten Sylvanas, VanCleef, Al-Akhir (twice), Malygos.

Everything else I've gotten by dusting other cards.

I'm still hunting for a gold Jaraxxus (Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion), gold Cabal Shadow Priest, regular Cairne, regular Alexstraza.

I was watching Hafu stream and she's got all gold everything. She is the Trinidad James of Hearthstone.

Random question, how many games do you have played? Sounds like you've gone through hundreds of packs.

I like to see the legendary card back now. Cause now I know when I steamroll someone with a legendary back, it isn't because they are a noob.

edit:
Even in casual I am playing legendary players very often, more often than not in fact. And I am too lazy atm to grind for legend this season.

FStop7

Banned
Random question, how many games do you have played? Sounds like you've gone through hundreds of packs.

446 wins in NA spread across all classes. My win % sucks, so probably 1000 - 1200 total games. I've probably opened 150-ish packs.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member

Not everything. I was watching her play Control Warrior in ranked last night and she had several regular cards. However, I was actually more impressed by her 17,000 gold.

Speaking of gold cards, I noticed after you get all your gold class cards you start getting gold cards from the non-class basic set. I saw next up on my warrior was a golden silverback patriarch. I was like WTF? Yay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom