• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the fireside card backs, some useful information:

-The third "player" does NOT have to complete the tutorial... they simply have to be logged in.
-You don't have to play any matches, you can simple concede immediately (I waited till after mulligan, but you can probably just concede out right away

dorkimoe

Wow..

i started up a game... me rogue versus a druid. I got side tracked playing on the computer and watching a tv show...(playing on ipad) and realized after 5 minutes i forgot i was playing. Unlocked my ipad and it reconnected me, i figured it would have just been ended. He had 30 health, i had 13. ....i just won... lol i was going to conceded because what was the point..but i decided to just play cuz i felt bad i d/c

Wow..

i started up a game... me rogue versus a druid. I got side tracked playing on the computer and watching a tv show...(playing on ipad) and realized after 5 minutes i forgot i was playing. Unlocked my ipad and it reconnected me, i figured it would have just been ended. He had 30 health, i had 13. ....i just won... lol

Meanwhile on the Hearthstone forums....

"Blizzard you HAVE to do something about the people who are timer abusing!!!"

Shame they can't show any more tonight. Are the semis and finals on tomorrow so?

There seems to be a lot of humour around the commentary. abs here and there but seems light hearted. But fuck me the production is hilarious hahaaha.

is that really an abuse?

it really was an accident :(

Sorry, I'll explain :)

There are a ton of people on the hearthstone forums who are convinced if you aren't dropping cards the moment your turn begins and ending your turn the moment you can't play any more, you're "timer abusing"... There are probably 30+ threads a day on the subject and how those people should be punished.

There are no rules against using every second of the timer and there is no way you can be "punished" for it.

I was just saying you zoning out on the game means another thread has surely popped up.

(edit) The legendary card backs aren't awarded immediately I don't think are they? Thought they were going to be given out at the end of the season with the Pandaria backs.

JesseZao

I'm surprised people weren't familiar with the rhino / highmane combo. I haven't seen it in a while, but it's not an innovation by any means, besides rhino being an under-represented card atm.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What Rhino Highmane combo?

It's like, 11 mana!

johnsmith

remember me
Really want to try this midrange hunter on the ladder but I'm at 0 stars. I don't want to drop down. I'll definitely be trying it next season though.

Really want to try this midrange hunter on the ladder but I'm at 0 stars. I don't want to drop down. I'll definitely be trying it next season though.

Come on man, live a little. What's that one star mean in the long run? One less star when the season resets. Not a big deal!

Minsc

Gold Member
(edit) The legendary card backs aren't awarded immediately I don't think are they? Thought they were going to be given out at the end of the season with the Pandaria backs.

Yup, legendary card backs have been out in the wild for a few weeks now, they're awarded to you instantly for hitting legendary rank.

Some people here have reported encountering them in their Arena matches...

I don't think I've seen anyone say they've encountered golden heroes yet though, but I'm sure some have.

-The third "player" does NOT have to complete the tutorial... they simply have to be logged in.
I can't seem to be able to start a match without completing the tutorial.
I do see the Friends nearby thing though.

Something i'm missing, or do I just complete it ?

I can't seem to be able to start a match without completing the tutorial.
I do see the Friends nearby thing though.

Something i'm missing, or do I just complete it ?

If you want the back on all 3 accounts, then yes all three are going to have to complete the tutorial. I was only saying that if you only have 2 accounts you want the backs on, you don't have to make the third 'person' finish the tutorial.

To be clear the requirements for the card back are thus:

-3 people have to be logged into hearthstone on the same network (same sub-net) at the same time
-The players who want the card back have to play 3 matches amongst themselves.

That's it.

So...

Anyone have a good rogue fatigue deck build?

Just got wrecked by some insane rogue deck that abused Cold Seer Murlocs and Brewmaster cards along with Muukla to fill my hand and Lorewalker Cho (but that didn't do anything to me) and shadowsteps..

It was amazing.

cackhyena

Trying my hand at Druid for the daily quest. Is Wild Growth a card I should be using? I guess I don't know what an empty mana crystal does for me.

FStop7

Banned
Holy shit still LMAO over this, it finally happened.

iOlnIgsyq0U3l.png

i4n0fdtSzM1th.png

-You don't have to play any matches, you can simple concede immediately (I waited till after mulligan, but you can probably just concede out right away
I was hoping that you could just concede, but I'll probably go down to my local gathering and still play a few games with people, should be fun.

Trying my hand at Druid for the daily quest. Is Wild Growth a card I should be using? I guess I don't know what an empty mana crystal does for me.

It gives you an extra mana for every turn going forward. It's a slow card that's an investment in the future, letting you play more (or bigger) cards later in the game at the expense of doing nothing the turn it's dropped.

I'm not a big fan, because sometimes that extra mana doesn't do anything anyway, it's pointless late game, and it costs a lot of tempo to be used. That being said, some are big fans of it, and if used correctly it can give you a big advantage.

FStop7

Banned
Oh I also got the Fireside card backs. Sitting at my desk with a desktop, laptop, and iPad running Hearthstone, simultaneously playing 3 games. I felt like the retarded version of Bobby Fischer when he used to take on 30 opponents at once in chess.

Yup, legendary card backs have been out in the wild for a few weeks now, they're awarded to you instantly for hitting legendary rank.

I don't think I've seen anyone say they've encountered golden heroes yet though, but I'm sure some have.

I went up against someone with legendary card backs in the Arena.

And I saw someone with golden Warrior on Zilea's stream the other night. The fire animation surrounding Garrosh looks sick.

Brak

It can work in some druid decks. What they call a "Ramp Druid", in that you are ramping up to the endgame faster than your opponent. Generally played with Innervates, and sometimes Nourishes. Essentially you sacrifice your early turns to guarantee much more potent plays than your opponent by turn 4-5.

I came across a golden Priest of all things, I was in shock

Is there anyplace online to watch the Dreamhack games from today?

Card Boy

Banned
Is fire stone gatherings up? I'm making my 3rd Blizzard account as we speak.

They need to add some (not all) of the Hogger, Lore Master Cho, Hemet Nesingwary, King Mukla and Illidan Stormrage cards to the base game.

cackhyena

It gives you an extra mana for every turn going forward. It's a slow card that's an investment in the future, letting you play more (or bigger) cards later in the game at the expense of doing nothing the turn it's dropped.

I'm not a big fan, because sometimes that extra mana doesn't do anything anyway, it's pointless late game, and it costs a lot of tempo to be used. That being said, some are big fans of it, and if used correctly it can give you a big advantage.

It can work in some druid decks. What they call a "Ramp Druid", in that you are ramping up to the endgame faster than your opponent. Generally played with Innervates, and sometimes Nourishes. Essentially you sacrifice your early turns to guarantee much more potent plays than your opponent by turn 4-5.

Thanks, guys.

He Thoughtstole Jaraxxus (Warlock-only Legendary which replaces your hero) then Alarm-o-bot it into play.

Couldn't have alarm'ed it into play. Jaraxxus replacing your hero is a battlecry, and alarm o bot plays cards without activating their battle cry (putting a 3/15 minion on the field). He had to have actually played it.

Better ending, priest stole Jaraxxus, plays it, gets sacrificial pact'ed.

Card Boy

Banned
I tried getting Fireside Gatherings. Did like 10 matches at least across my PC, Laptop and iPad still nothing. I challenged both my accounts and did 3 matches each against both of them, made the dummy accounts play each other, tried challenging my main account with the dummies, still nothing. This was all from the same subnet.

Some people on the Blizzard forums have got it while alot of others are getting the same issue as me.

CoolOff

Water Elemental is so annoying in Arena. I get that it's not really "as OP as Fire Elemental", but I think it fits much better with the overall playstyle of the class with the heropower + removals that I hate it so much more.

I mean, when a Mage has two out on turn 5, what the fuck am I supposed to do?

I think it's the 6 hp that makes it so insanely strong, it always seems to be "just out of range to kill", and then it freezes everything for removals/pinging later on.

JesseZao

I tried getting Fireside Gatherings. Did like 10 matches at least across my PC, Laptop and iPad still nothing. I challenged both my accounts and did 3 matches each against both of them, made the dummy accounts play each other, tried challenging my main account with the dummies, still nothing. This was all from the same subnet.

Some people on the Blizzard forums have got it while alot of others are getting the same issue as me.

I played my brother while a third was logged in on an ipad. All of us on same wifi. He got it after three matches. Me: nothing. Even tried playing him again, playing the ipad account, still nothing. Guess I'll submit a ticket later at home.

FStop7

Banned
Couldn't have alarm'ed it into play. Jaraxxus replacing your hero is a battlecry, and alarm o bot plays cards without activating their battle cry (putting a 3/15 minion on the field). He had to have actually played it.

Yeah I didn't AOB it into play, I just happened to have AOB out when Thoughtsteal grabbed Jaraxxus from my opponent. My opponent killed the AOB before the end of the turn, which was lucky for me!

I was such a dick, too. I sat there using all of the Jaraxxus emotes over and over because I'd never heard them before. :D

OBLIVION! OBLIVION! OBLIVION!

Also, on the topic of stealing cards. I made a cool discovery - when you use golden Mind Vision the cards you steal from your opponent become golden. I pulled Rag on one turn and Cairne on the next and both showed up as golds in my hand.

Mik2121

I started playing this game online and while I know I'm still terrible at it, it seems like my opponents are just leagues above me. Does this game have some sort of matchmaking system where it pairs you with someone of your skill or it's just random?
I just finished fighting some guy that seemed to have infinite cards to destroy my minions wether they had more than 5 attack or less than 3. It didn't help that every time I tried to kill one of his minions he'd heal it and get an extra card. It was so bad I just quit mid game (conceded). Also my hero attack is just 1dmg when I've seen other heroes' do 2dmg or healing... what's the deal with that? I'm a Mage, btw.

I started playing this game online and while I know I'm still terrible at it, it seems like my opponents are just leagues above me. Does this game have some sort of matchmaking system where it pairs you with someone of your skill or it's just random?
I just finished fighting some guy that seemed to have infinite cards to destroy my minions wether they had more than 5 attack or less than 3. It didn't help that every time I tried to kill one of his minions he'd heal it and get an extra card. It was so bad I just quit mid game (conceded). Also my hero attack is just 1dmg when I've seen other heroes' do 2dmg or healing... what's the deal with that? I'm a Mage, btw.

The different classes all have varying degrees of reach with their offensive/defensive powers. Hunter does 2 damage but it can only target enemy heroes. Mage can only do 1 but has the freedom to choose any target. They each have their own variation on that. The weaker ones having more utility generally.

There is a matchmaking system in place for both casual and ranked. If you lose many matches, you should expect to eventually paired with similarly skilled opponents. Ranked has number rankings to further differentiate player skill levels.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Even better ending.

Alarm-o-bot -> Jaraxxus -> Divine Spirit - Inner Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom