• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

depths20XX

The meta is really boring right now.

Zoo and hunter are kinda boring to play.
Good druid or warrior decks cost too much for me to make.
Priest is fun but complete ass.
Mage is kinda fun lately but eh.

I think I've just been playing too much.

zoukka

The meta is really boring right now.

Zoo and hunter are kinda boring to play.
Good druid or warrior decks cost too much for me to make.
Priest is fun but complete ass.
Mage is kinda fun lately but eh.

I think I've just been playing too much.

Suicide and frost mage are pretty fun from what I've seen. Too bad I don't have the cards to build them :7

Bizazedo

Suicide and frost mage are pretty fun from what I've seen. Too bad I don't have the cards to build them :7

I have spent .... some cash and a lot of gold. I have through packs and crafting probably 12ish Legendaries.

Zero Ice Blocks, zero hungry crabs. The injustice of it :(.

Story time: My Warrior Control versus a druid deck. Going back and forth. I was playing piss-poor and decidedly non-awesome last night, screwing up left and right, but still managed to hold on as our decks depleted.

He has taken two fatigue and plays his final card, Deathwing. Even after armoring up, I'm at 11, so I know when it goes back to him I am screwed.

Fortunately, I wasn't the only one playing like shit last night. He failed to remember that fatigue damage happens first. He had 3 life left and took 3 fatigue damage before Deathwing could come in and land the deathblow.

I imagined a Day 9 reaction after he killed himself by using a weapon in that youtube vid.

Cystm

After bending over backwards to get the Fireside Gathering card back, I realized that the card backs primarily benefit your opponent, aesthetically. Not sure how they could make them more "visible" to the owning player, but my motivation for earning new backs is zilch as a result.

What exactly did you do to get the card backs? I just joined a few games via evolve and it took about five minutes.

The only way to see the card backs is by looking at your deck pile. Maybe they can make it to where your pile is face down.

I think the main draw to the card backs is to show off your accomplishments.

Permanently A

After bending over backwards to get the Fireside Gathering card back, I realized that the card backs primarily benefit your opponent, aesthetically. Not sure how they could make them more "visible" to the owning player, but my motivation for earning new backs is zilch as a result.

Card backs are like hats in TF2, you can't see them yourself, its for showing off to others. Some people find that lame (they aren't wrong) but most people like to show off (including me!)

Blu10

What exactly did you do to get the card backs? I just joined a few games via evolve and it took about five minutes.

The only way to see the card backs is by looking at your deck pile. Maybe they can make it to where your pile is face down.

I think the main draw to the card backs is to show off your accomplishments.

Besides the one for playing locally and for reaching rank 20, are there other card backs you can get?

Getting the one for hitting 20 was laughably easy.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
WTF, did not get the Panda back. Is this because I started the season ahead of rank 20? Or how are you supposed to collect it?

Edit: Wait, is the season not over yet? I thought it was rolling over into a new one today?

de1irium

WTF, did not get the Panda back. Is this because I started the season ahead of rank 20? Or how are you supposed to collect it?

Edit: Wait, is the season not over yet? I thought it was rolling over into a new one today?

Rank 20 reward will be issued on May 1. The season ends tomorrow.

You can see your card backs pretty easily in game, just check where your deck is "stored" on the right side of the board and when you draw a card.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Having fun smashing stuff up in Casual with this hilarious deck at the moment. Not consistent enough for Ranked due to all the Hunters and Druids, but immensely fun in Casual.
dgoUlTU.png

While I agree its cooler for your opponent if you have card backs its neat to see them in the stack on the right. Also something else to collect in a FTP game keeps me coming back.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
The ol' Ragnaros Murloc Surprise!
Hilarious to have people blow all their removal on Murlocs thinking you don't have anything else (or the taunters just so they can hit you), then hitting them in the face with Ragnaros for the win. Great insurance for when you get to turn 8.

Man playing murlocks in casual smh.

I ran across one of these guys in casual the other day. He played the tidecaller on the first turn, so I back-stabbed that murloc, played the coin then the Defias Ringleader, then I shadow stepped the ringleader and played him again all on the first turn. He conceded immediately.

About the ranking Backsides, do you have to stay under 20 rank?
Or is it fine if you've reached 16 and have since gone back up above 20?

I think you're confused, ranks go from high numbers to low. Rank 20 is the lowest rank you can drop to (though you can START in rank 25, you can't drop ranks til you at least hit rank 19).

Since you can't drop below rank 20, as long as you reach that rank you can't "lose" the card backs.

Man, Faceless Manipulator really is a ridiculous card.

Just copied a guy's Onyxia and then Hex'd it. He instantly conceded. Just seems like such an unfair card.

Cystm

Man, Faceless Manipulator really is a ridiculous card.

Just copied a guy's Onyxia and then Hex'd it. He instantly conceded. Just seems like such an unfair card.

Faceless on priest can be really dumb. MC -> faceless. Even better if you already have that card in your hand.

I had three Yolo Rag's at once.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Faceless is only as good as the best card on the board.

If that's your opponent's card, you're already behind, if it's your card, it just makes another copy of your best threat.

Obviously combined with removal like Hex or Poly, it can be nasty but you're still talking about multiple cards and 8-10 mana.

it's good in control decks because it makes your threat inventory flexible and you're almost always going to have something worth copying.

edit: but it's not worth having more than 1 in your deck in most cases

TimeKillr

God damn, I just had my closest game ever.

I'm playing my Miracle Rogue (but I don't have prep, so it sucks a bit), against a control warrior (who was missing most of the huge legendaries but was still a complete pain in the ass).

He's at 40 life (30 HP + 10 armor). I'm down to my last cards - I have 2x Cold Blood, Leeroy, 2x Shadowstep, 1 Conceal, 1 Blade Flurry and a 5/3 weapon. I'm at 28 HP, but it doesn't matter, as I'm completely out of cards and he's got plenty + an almost full hand. He also just dropped a Frothing Berserker the turn just before.

So I go... wait... I can do something kinda... weird here. Here's how shit unfolded -
Weapon attack - 35 hp
Leeroy - 29
Shadowstep Leeroy - 23
Shadowstep Leeroy - 17
I'm down to 2 mana at this point. I choose to Conceal.

So he has, on his board, a Frothing Berserker and 6 Whelps. He made a mistake there - he starts with a Whirlwind, killing all the Whelps and doing 1 damage to my Leeroy, buffing up the Frothing to 12/4 or something, and hits the face. He also hits my face with his weapon - I'm dying next turn.

But now... hey.....
Attack with weapon: 12
Blade Flurry: 7
Cold Blood x2 on Leeroy: 0.

Wow... I still can't believe I won a stupid crazy clutch victory like that. I added him as a friend and talked with him, and he did the math and figured it was impossible for me to kill him so he didn't play his Brawl he had in hand (lol crazy mistake there, as that would've won him the game).

It's really, by far, the tightest game I've ever had with in HS. Just crazy. I should've been recording that stuff :)

ACE 1991

Oops, didn't link properly. I'm hiding two backstabs and a deadly poison from this picture. Thoughts? Changes? The goal is lots of early aggression

fuDqKmG.png

ViviOggi

What's up with these aggro Mages I keep seeing (around rank 10, didn't play much this season), is that another shitty Reynad deck?

Card Boy

Banned
This game needs a fuckload more cards, effects and gimmicks so we don't have the same discussions about everything or see the same thing in game all the time.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yessss I decked someone to make it to level 11.

Aggro mage? Boooo. I have the slowest damn Mage in the game probably, but if I can survive she does alright. :p

Protecting serve can be tough but all the board clears can usually get me through the brutal midgame. Several Bigs, 2x Spellbender, 2x Ice Block, and Alexstraza serving double duty as a health restorer often enough pushes me to the finish.

I'm terrible at Arena though -- yikes. When I play that I realize I barely know the cards outside of Mage and the common neutrals you see.

FStop7

Banned
This game needs a fuckload more cards, effects and gimmicks so we don't have the same discussions about everything or see the same thing in game all the time.

It needs to get rid of the RNG effect cards like multi-shot and arcane missiles. Especially when they work against stealth, which is "holy shit" levels of dumb.

At least Mad Bomber's RNGtardedness has a chance of backfiring on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom