• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

de1irium

Sure, but you have to realize the cost you're paying.

Amani Berseker + Fireball = 5/2 for 4
Chilldwind Yeti = 4/5 for 4

On the flip side, you have a very good chance to hit face for 5 on turn 2 (w/ coin) and trade (or even face again) on 3/4. Whereas Yeti gets played on turn 3 at best. A worthwhile tradeoff if you're going aggro.

Kosma

Banned
I use a worgen in my mage aggro deck, i think so far ive triggered it once with my own fireball. People like to kill it I think.

It won me the game though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I never had much luck activating minions using mage fireball. I never feel like I get the value out of the cards. Even with something like Gurubashi Berserker which has a ton of health. Many times it makes more sense to use the 2 mana elsewhere in response to an opponents drop so it gets activated late or not at all.

Zakalwe

Banned

Raging Worgen + Fireball = 4/2 Windfury for 5
Wildspeaker = 3/3 Windfury for 4 (although he can't target himself)

Triggering Enrage with your own Fireballs is great for Arena because of the flexibility it offers, but in Constructed you're just overpaying.

The only way over paying is an issue is if you had better ways to spend your mana. And as there are plenty of times you're left with 2+, self-enrage with fireball can be extremely effective.

Kosma

Banned
True but with worgen you might want to squeeze the most out of him before an aoe or something.

Doing 8dmg for 5 mana is not too bad.

You could also kill two small mobs or a golem.

Special C

Raging Worgen + Fireball = 4/2 Windfury for 5
Wildspeaker = 3/3 Windfury for 4 (although he can't target himself)

Triggering Enrage with your own Fireballs is great for Arena because of the flexibility it offers, but in Constructed you're just overpaying.

Yea, but the ability to spread the mana cost over 2 rounds is very useful in early game. And in late game it makes that 2 or 3 drop not as terrible to topdeck.

Yeah, when I play mages, if I don't have removal, I always get messed up by Enrage minions. I like how it works though, most class hero powers interact with their cards pretty well. Mages, Warriors, Hunter, and Shaman and Druid to a lesser extent, really don't.

Don't take this as me saying they're bad / a problem. I'm just saying there is low class card synergy compared to other classes. They only have one or two cards that work with their hero power directly. As an example, Warriors only have Shield Slam, witch is the only card that directly uses armor, but armor is really good. Same with Shaman, they only have what, Totemic Might? (You can argue Blood Lust of course) That being said each totem is pretty good for what it does.

So it's cool that Mages can find some extra work with Enrage cards, because I can't think of a card that directly works with Fire Blast that's a class card.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Saw this for the first time yesterday with a silenced Lightwell played turn 2.

I was pretty god damn upset. Damn thing hit me for 24 damage. I didn't see it coming at all because I had never seen that god damn card before.
:lol :lol it's a bit of a shock the first time it happens but it's pretty easy to spot from there on out. They usually try it on the Lightwell or that card that is 4/5 but can't attack. I just make sure I destroy those minions before they can buff them.

ZealousD

So it's cool that Mages can find some extra work with Enrage cards, because I can't think of a card that directly works with Fire Blast that's a class card.

I always wished it worked with spellpower or counted as a spell.

ZealousD

Oh god that'd be so busted.

Ha, in some cases, sure. Mana Wyrm on Turn 1 suddenly becomes even worse.

Lots of classes can use other cards with their hero powers, though. Druids with Claw/Bite. Warriors with shield slam. Deadly Poison with Rogues. Priest is built almost entirely around their ability. Warlock is popular simply because of card draw. Even Paladins can buff their knights. Mages ain't got shit. Its just 1 damage for 2 mana.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I always wished it worked with spellpower or counted as a spell.
Yeah, no. With only +1 spell damage on the board it would make it into the Hunter power but without the drawback of only being able to hit the enemy hero. With Malygos on the board it would be a 2 mana Fireball. That's a big nope.

Fireblast is fine as is.

ultron87

Malygos --> Coin --> Fireblast for 6 damage, basically a 2-mana Fireball but no card used.

Well if we're all the way in Hearthstone Christmas Land you might as well have Antonidas in play. Then you could go Fireblast -> Fireball -> Fireball for all the damage.

All I know is that I play Rogue and been having some issues. I switch between Miracle and Tempo. I probably just need to switch a few cards around. But yes, mostly Hunters.

Kosh

I knew I had a good feeling about that Rogue. First 12 win in Arena.

You can see the deck list here.

http://imgur.com/a/EGPYm

QiCLIQRl.png

zv9LgmSl.png

ySuJT8ql.png

Midrange is supposed to be good against the midrange hunters, or so I've heard. I have noticed it does better but not great.

Probably wouldn't hurt to have a third deck I suppose. I'll check it out, thanks.

Edit: I love Miracle Rogue, and if you can set it up, you win, but it's so easy to throw a wrench in the works. I guess that's why it's called that.

Double Edit: Maybe I'll try working another that isn't directly focused on one single play. AKA Mana Addict / Leeroy.

Special C

Any advice on this Shaman deck? I don't play super high in the rankings and usually play casual. I don't have Leroy. Mostly torn on the Pyromancers because I needed a 2 drop minion and they seemed the best choice.

e2X3MOo.png

FStop7

Banned
No earth shock?

Not a fan of windfury or windspeaker

Also, I really like flametongue. You can really wreck shit with 2 of them and some other totems or low cost minions.

Special C

No earth shock?

Not a fan of windfury or windspeaker

Also, I really like flametongue. You can really wreck shit with 2 of them and some other totems or low cost minions.

Well I've one all 4 of my games so far, the point is to finish with windfury/speaker combos with Commanders and Racketeers. The combos are expensive but the deck stalls very well until the later round. Haven't played against a true rush deck yet though.

Probably wouldn't hurt to have a third deck I suppose. I'll check it out, thanks.

Edit: I love Miracle Rogue, and if you can set it up, you win, but it's so easy to throw a wrench in the works. I guess that's why it's called that.

Double Edit: Maybe I'll try working another that isn't directly focused on one single play. AKA Mana Addict / Leeroy.

I just beat one of those sunshine hunters with my midrange deck. He even got 5 cards out of his UTHs.

I am experimenting with sprint though, which did net me 3 cards. I also put a shieldmasta back in my deck. Only one though.

I basically won by having 1 minion out the entire time. 1 point I did decide to say fuck it and played 2 minions alongside another and that is when he double UTH with buzzard, lmao... ofc. I still won though :)

I wish rogue had a better low cost cycle card than shiv. If shiv was back to 1 it would be excellent. At 2 I don't think I've ever seen it used much outside of miracle decks. Rogue had a card called adrenaline rush in alpha, draw 1 card, combo draw 2 cards. That would've been awesome to have, I think it was like 1 or 2 cost.

I've tried acolyte but I wasn't feeling it.

I wish rogue had a better low cost cycle card than shiv. If shiv was back to 1 it would be excellent. At 2 I don't think I've ever seen it used much outside of miracle decks. Rogue had a card called adrenaline rush in alpha, draw 1 card, combo draw 2 cards. That would've been awesome to have, I think it was like 1 or 2 cost.

I've tried acolyte but I wasn't feeling it.

That would be pretty sweet, I actually made a dumb aggro deck with rogue to see if it would work, and getting cards is the big problem.

Mik2121

I got a few friends to play Hearthstone with me and I just run into this weird Blizzard decision... we can't play against people in other regions unless we make an account for said region? For a card game that sounds incredibly... weird.

I tried searching online and there seems to be no way around it, but do we know if Blizzard is going to do something about it, or they'll just tell you to suck it up and change your region and start from zero again if you want to play with other regions? :(

JesseZao

Yikes... that's really bad.

Eh. At least you can just switch regions on your account easily. You used to need a separate account. It's a very minor deal for their customers as a whole, but I understand it seems like it would be simple enough to not have regions at all. Just have your group of friends magma accounts in the same region.

oakenhild

3 of my 4 ranked matches so far have been against players w/ Legendary card backs. How are these guys falling to level 20?

I was going to say you're playing them again due to the reset today, but they'd start much higher than level 20 if they were legendary, I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom