• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

I mean, if a single Legendary is turning the entire game around, there's probably some other problem here. Especially if it's their win condition that they've been setting up for the entire time anyway (e.g., Warrior Groms you for 12, Rogue Leeroy + Shadowsteps for 6-18, etc.).

"I'm in complete control of the game and then these warriors keep busting out epic cards to clear my stuff! It's not fair!"

scy

I think a lot of it just comes down to not knowing what their opponent's game plan is so it's hard to read which side is ahead at certain times. Compared to Arena where it's almost always just "which side has dudes."

Can People Please tell me how shit my deck is? I'm pretty new to hearthstone, don't have a ton of amazing cards but I do alright for myself. I'm open to any suggestions. I've noticed that the deck does well in certain rush circumstances and it can hold out in much longer games due to how many potential taunts I have. I just find that If I don't pull any monsters out early i'm boned, and because I don't have starfall my sweeping options are limited. That's why I currently have - in my deck as a sort of nuke option.

Malfurion - Level 29

Level 0: Innervate

Level 1: Naturalize - Elven Archer - Young Dragonhawk

Level 2: Mark of the wild, Power of the Wild, Wrath, Doomsayer, Faerie Dragon

Level 3: Healing touch, Mark of nature, Savage Roar, Magma Rager, Tauren Warrior, Wolf Rider

Level 4: Bite, Soul of the Forest, Swipe, Defender of Argus, Keeper of the Grove, TAZ'DINGO

Level 5: Druid of the claw (2), Stanglethorn Tiger,

Level 6: Starfire, Archmage, Reckless Rocketeer

Level 7: Ancient of Lore, Ancient of War

Level 8: Ironbark Protector

I've experimented with the imp summoner woman, knife thrower and other things trying to summon a veritable "zoo" but it doesn't seem to work well with the Druid style. Any advice is appreciated

br3wnor

New players probably expect unleash. Brawl, not as much.

Brawl is the best. It's bailed me out so many times.

One highlight I had today however was making a Mage deck w/ ONLY spells to get the "Use 40 Spells" daily quest as quickly as possible, ended up winning my first match which was really funny. Got spanked my second match but got the 40 spell mark in those 2 matches so it was worth it.

That being said, I'm still horrid at Arena. I dunno if it's because I primarily use Warrior in constructed and always pick Mage/Pally when given the option (Which is like 80% of Arenas it seems like I can pick one of those 2) but I can get 3-0 runs going, and without fail I never crack 4. The best run I've ever had was months ago when I went to 6 wins, but the past month I haven't sniffed anything past 4, usually in the 2-3 range.

It's still worth playing for me because I always get excited doing the draft, and I'd rather play Arena instead of buying a pack outright, but man I wish I was more skilled.

"little" is putting it nice. Your curve is really bad. Hopefully your mulligans work nice and you don't get overrun.

Would be nice to hear the results.
So far I'm 7-0. The curve really hasn't been bad. Totems and lightning bolts easily take me through the first rounds, but I haven't really had trouble drawing 3s early either.

Cystm

Can we discuss King Mukla for a bit?

I can think of nothing really solid to play this in other than Hunter decks and decks with card draw to try and force your opponent to have a full hand early and miss out on cards.

Neither of which seem too particularly compelling to me.

Can this card be effective in another way?

scy

I can think of nothing really solid to play this in other than Hunter decks and decks with card draw to try and force your opponent to have a full hand early and miss out on cards.

Mukla was a pretty big Legendary in Board Control Warlock and Tempo Rogue decks. They basically just kill your ability to have a minion to use Bananas on and coast on Mukla's body.

Can People Please tell me how shit my deck is? I'm pretty new to hearthstone, don't have a ton of amazing cards but I do alright for myself. I'm open to any suggestions. I've noticed that the deck does well in certain rush circumstances and it can hold out in much longer games due to how many potential taunts I have. I just find that If I don't pull any monsters out early i'm boned, and because I don't have starfall my sweeping options are limited. That's why I currently have - in my deck as a sort of nuke option.

Malfurion - Level 29

Level 0: Innervate

Level 1: Naturalize - Elven Archer - Young Dragonhawk

Level 2: Mark of the wild, Power of the Wild, Wrath, Doomsayer, Faerie Dragon

Level 3: Healing touch, Mark of nature, Savage Roar, Magma Rager, Tauren Warrior, Wolf Rider

Level 4: Bite, Soul of the Forest, Swipe, Defender of Argus, Keeper of the Grove, TAZ'DINGO

Level 5: Druid of the claw (2), Stanglethorn Tiger,

Level 6: Starfire, Archmage, Reckless Rocketeer

Level 7: Ancient of Lore, Ancient of War

Level 8: Ironbark Protector

I've experimented with the imp summoner woman, knife thrower and other things trying to summon a veritable "zoo" but it doesn't seem to work well with the Druid style. Any advice is appreciated

I think you should definitely be running two swipes and two innervate. Innervate is almost always a useful card, letting you get high cost minions out earlier. Swipe is an excellent board clear and is even better when comboed with spell power. I see you have an archmage, but that's quite expensive for spell damage. I would recommend kobold geomancer for that.

You also have some really useless cards in your deck, specifically elven archer, young dragonhawk, and magma rager. Elven archer can be used to enrage or ping, but you can already ping with the druid hero power and you only have one potential minion to enrage. Young Dragonhawk is bad because it only has one health and its windfury is almost useless. Magma rager is useless because it dies to almost anything. You could probably throw in another power of the wild, wrath, or faerie dragon to replace these.

I also have to wonder why tauren warrior is in this deck. It will probably not survive long enough to enrage, given its 3 health, and ironfur grizzly pretty much trades better because it has 3 instead of 2 attack. If you want another taunt I would just throw in another Senjin.

And why do you have Bite? As far as removals go, it's quite pricy, and won't even kill the most popular four drop, the Chillwind Yeti. Soul of the forest is also not an optimal card, as it requires a heavy minion presence to be useful. I might replace those two cards with chillwind yetis or another keeper of the grove. Reckless rocketeer also doesn't do much in this deck. It's a card that's more often seen in aggro, something which your deck is not given its lack of low drops.

Also, you might consider another ancient of lore if you have one, as it's an awesome card. You might also want consider some more big minions for the late game.

Rockk

Can People Please tell me how shit my deck is?

To put it bluntly, it's really shit.

Basically, the first thing to do is to stop putting only 1 card of each type. It sort of messes up your draws, and makes it so some cards you'll never see. Also, you'll never see any Druid deck without 2 Swipes, gotta get that in there.

Minions with 1 health are generally considered to be terrible. 3 of the classes take it out with ease and they are far too fragile to do anything significant. Young Dragonhawk is probably bottom 5 cards in the game tbh. Magma Rager is pretty close too.

If you really want to fight against rush decks then you should put in minions like Harvest Golem, Argent Squire, Earthen Ring Farseer, Mad Bomber, sunfury protector, etc.

You might want to look at this deck just to see how another Druid deck is conscucted. Token Druid is verry aggressive and requires a good amount of dust but should give a decent starting point. (You can also look up Anchient Watcher Druid and Ramp Up Druid)

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/constructed-strategy/1765-deck-guide-token-druid#four

jacobs34

Been playing this game on and off for a couple of months now and I just don't have the patience to grind gold to get into Arenas. Need to be more vigilant about completing quests everyday so I can get a couple of Arena's in per week. Only Legendary I've unlocked in the past couple of months is Deathwing, who is basically useless in the current Metagame. I really don't want to have to dump a bunch of money into the game just so I can be competitive in ranked. How many Arena runs do most people get in per week?

Cystm

That's what it's for.
Mukla was a pretty big Legendary in Board Control Warlock and Tempo Rogue decks. They basically just kill your ability to have a minion to use Bananas on and coast on Mukla's body.

My curiosity piqued when I opened a Golden Mukla, but as I clearly despise Hunters I will likely just dust it and get something else.

It is sorta nice seeing mages on the ranked ladder again but I still hate playin aggro/burn mages lol

But I just played an odd one that was using ancient watcher/silence. Seemed pretty bad tbh.

It looks like many decks iare going pretty low curve more aggressive/tempo again kinda reminds me of the meta just before midrange hunter without the control shift, which I assume is around just higher rank than me atm since I haven't bothered to play much. I think control would rise over some of these aggro decks, maybe not mage though cause at least in my experience mage is very good against control warrior/druid.

I'll have to rank back up to see how it is at higher ranks. My deck should do well assuming I get backstabs, si7agents, and perdition blades early on.

My curiosity piqued when I opened a Golden Mukla, but as I clearly despise Hunters I will likely just dust it and get something else.

Mukla is a pretty good card imo. I wouldn't dust him unless you really want something else.

Ironically I hate him the most in my hunter deck which I don't play often. I only get solid use out of him with tundra rhino for the charge.

edit:

Just for example from my last match vs ramp druid.

They love to give away tempo with turn 2 wild growth.

I respond with turn 3 mukla.

What can he do? Nothing! lol, almost. I think the worst case scenario is that he uses both bananas on mukla and then uses innervate + BGH. Maybe I get the card advantage in that since he played 2 cards to remove 1 card. Maybe I have backstab and I get tempo back right away.

This particular time he didn't do that. Later he used the bananas on a gadgetzan auctioneer. Big card value out of those. But he also used mark on it giving it taunt so I could black knight it. There is a certain point where card advantage won't help you much, especially because he plays a lot of big cards taking up an entire turn. Anyway, my point is that you can negate the impact of the bananas. And when you do it well, you are actually getting a tempo advantage out of them simply using the bananas since that is 2 less mana they can use on other cards. So you get tempo out of dropping a big minion, if mukla goes 2:1, great. If you get damage out of him, you are much closer to lethal. I just love this card. Certain match ups and scenarios really vary though and dropping him late vs some classes is bad (usually argent commander x2 double banana bad). Also sap is a great counter.

Mukla is definitely worthy of holding on to. But like I said earlier, I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to get other cards. Just get the cards you want to play with first imo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Miracle Rogue beats Control Warrior?

This is news to me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Feels the same in the other direction. They have the best "heals" in the game, being able to go above 30 is... disheartening.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Realizing your only chance of winning a game is to top deck an Azure Drake, play it, and have it draw a Swipe which will clear a Gadze and four treants.... and then do it.

I felt so bad

(0-2 Druid deck ended up 8-3... not bad!)

It's a really good play against classes besides priest or mage if they don't have a minion on the board during turn 2, because most classes don't have a good removal card on turn 4 to get rid of it. I think it compares favorably to other early large body plays like blademaster/circle or ancestral healing, or innervate yeti/dotc, and is probably a better play on that turn than animal companion unless you're against zoo or something.

zoukka

Mukla + Divine Favour = epic ass whupping.

Control Warrior can do nothing vs Miracle Rogue except hope they don't draw well.

Just faceless your Armorer and climb to 50 life or something ;)

scy

Feels the same in the other direction. They have the best "heals" in the game, being able to go above 30 is... disheartening.

It's more that once Miracle Rogue gets going, it doesn't matter that I spike that high. They can deal ~40-50 damage in a few turns without too much trouble. Control Warrior just doesn't have the Taunts to stop the Leeroy burn so it's pretty much a case of "I hope I get Frothing online and kill you first."

Edit: I guess that's really just the best way to put it: Once a Miracle Rogue starts doing it's thing, Control Warrior typically can't do anything at all to stop it so it just has to hope to win before the Rogue beats them. The Rogue is in the driver's seat the entire time.

Om3ga

Getting really tired of outplaying guys and then losing in the final moments because they bust out a legendary card =/
You're not outplaying someone until you are at a point when no matter what they dish out you can handle it. Adjust your deck, or change your play style.

There are no game changing legendaries that I have faced yet. Even in arena...(except maybe Lord Jaraxxus) Multiple Legendaries on the other hand I have more of a problem dealing with. If you're worried about Legendaries end game, keep a card destruction or silence always in your hand.

zoukka

Why, WHY does Hearthstone rulings have to be so dumb. Take control of a minion is a different keyword than gain control even though Shadow Madness has to specifcally state that the minion is taken for one turn...

Made an Enrage Warrior just for kicks but, man, that deck style is garbage.

I guess people have just seen it too much by this point. The second you lay down any of your key cards they're trading as fast as possible and the low health of all the Warrior and Enrage minions makes for a lot of unfavorable trades.

Deck is pretty fun just because it's so unique but yeah, no way it's going to have a remotely respectable win rate.

zoukka

SIcghJL.jpg

I am sorry everyone who I happened to play against.

Q8D3vil

Miracle Rogue beats Control Warrior?

This is news to me.

Miracle rogue really shine vs 2 things
1-Slow start since there is no way he can pressure you into using spells.
2-No taunts/Silence which control warrior dont run usually.

Of course warrior can win if he get really good cards like shield/armorsmith/task

Kosh

Another reason that Miracle Rogue is all over, this article points out that most of the top players are playing it.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/h...-season-1-final-rankings-and-what-they-played

The Season 1 Final Rankings for the Americas region have been released. The top 16 players this season will qualify for the Qualifying tournament for Blizzcon. I asked many of the players in the top 16 to find out what they played to get there and I'll be updating as I find out more.

Imamurgl-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
hyp3d-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
hyped-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
Admirable-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
mitjdw-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
Alchemixt-Malygos Miracle Rogue
Failfellow-Tempo Shaman
BoLiN-Control Warrior
BwaMu-Aggro Hunter
Abaporu-Token Druid
prodigy-Midrange Hunter/Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
backspace-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
LuigEzz-Midrange Shaman
Realz-Watcher Druid/Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
Firebat-Control Warrior/Malygos Miracle Rogue
Freshca-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
Akogare-Midrange Hunter

Note that the 17th ranked player is included because hyped obviously has two accounts in the top 16. For those of you who are curious, I also talked to players ranked slightly lower:
18. bma-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
19. puffin-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)
20. Strelzik-Aggro Hunter
21. Chakki-Aggro Hunter
22. kitkatz-Control Warrior
23. Kolento-Midrange Hunter
24. Hafu-Malygos Miracle Rogue/Control Warrior
25. Xixo-Miracle Rogue(Leeroy)

zoukka

Not surprising at all. In a game where player interaction is limited, a combo deck should be very powerful by default.

I'm away from my computer this weekend so I can't share my Shaman deck, but can someone link me a common Midrange Shaman? I feel like my Shaman is a bit slow and am looking for ideas to speed it up. Running Ysera right now which I think really has to go, it just isn't fast enough and often feels like a dead weight.

Panthers

Brawl is the best. It's bailed me out so many times.

One highlight I had today however was making a Mage deck w/ ONLY spells to get the "Use 40 Spells" daily quest as quickly as possible, ended up winning my first match which was really funny. Got spanked my second match but got the 40 spell mark in those 2 matches so it was worth it.

That being said, I'm still horrid at Arena. I dunno if it's because I primarily use Warrior in constructed and always pick Mage/Pally when given the option (Which is like 80% of Arenas it seems like I can pick one of those 2) but I can get 3-0 runs going, and without fail I never crack 4. The best run I've ever had was months ago when I went to 6 wins, but the past month I haven't sniffed anything past 4, usually in the 2-3 range.

It's still worth playing for me because I always get excited doing the draft, and I'd rather play Arena instead of buying a pack outright, but man I wish I was more skilled.

80% of the time you can pick Mage/Pally?? I have played over a dozen Arenas and NOT ONCE have I seen Mage and maybe pally twice :(

I had the same luck as you in arena until I drafted an amazing Priest deck that had great mana spread and lots of good dudes. Went 7 wins but could have done better. Lost one game to stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom