• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to pay for 3 packs after playing for a while and I got Lord Jaraxxus on the third one, which people seem to find very useful. I can only imagine how bad the people I've tried using it against must've felt seeing such a good card wasted on a new, unskilled player like me.

Card Boy

Banned
So on that very topic: Favorite art? I really like Cabal Shadow Priest.

Elite Tuaren Chieftain

PRO_001.png

Or Harrison Jones

EX1_558.png

FStop7

Banned
That's the first PA strip in years that's made me think of the good old days of PA and Homestar Runner, circa 2002 - 2004.

Also, Harrison Jones has creepy pervert eyes, never fails to crack me up.

That's the first PA strip in years that's made me think of the good old days of PA and Homestar Runner, circa 2002 - 2004.

Also, Harrison Jones has creepy pervert eyes, never fails to crack me up.

Pretty sure you could crop/zoom into his Harrison's face and put "BUENO" underneath and it'd make a great meme.

Playing favorites?
Favorite Art: Mind Games;
EX1_345.png

I just like how it looks like HearthStone could be played with tiny figurines instead of cards. This is also great because of the Shadow Word and Mind Control cards Priests have and makes me think of little kid breaking toys or taking it away yelling, "It's mine!"

Favorite Gold: Sap;
EX1_581_premium.gif

There are probably better animations out there, but I just like how the stars move, the guy's face, and the circles moving in.

Overall Favorite: Venture Co. Mercenary;
CS2_227_premium.gif

I just love this guy. From all of his audio bits, to his effect. Makes me thing he take the extra mana crystals for payment while still alive.

arimanius

Man every time I get stomped(which is a ton) I'm tempted to spend money to buy packs. I still don't have half the cards and zero legendarys.

The spoils of a 2-3 Arena run. The funny thing is that I went 2-3 a couple days ago and got a golden Leeroy Jenkins. I think I need to start going 2-3 more often...

mt0em5b.jpg

CoolOff

I just faced a Druid in arena that played 3 Naturalize in the first 7 turns. At 4-1. :|

He lost.

Edit: 4th on turn 10, what the fuck...

krossj

Just got to rank 17 and really enjoying the Shaman class. Started off with Mage and Priest but finding the Shamans cards to be a lot more fun.

One Rouge completely destroyed me and I didn't have a fucking clue what was happening on the screen just cards and throwing knives everywhere.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Can you explain how to play this deck?

Control war with a bit more aggro than the other flavors. It's all about keeping their board clear and making them use their removal on your stuff until you can just drop a finisher. You drag out the game with all of the armor and shield slam is the best 1 mana removal in the game if you played the armor game right. I play a more passive control war as my main deck. Control war is seriously the best deck out there to play in terms of skill.. that and secrets deck.

Alrus

Got into this recently, it's really fun. But I feel like there's really zero advantage for starting first, while starting second is almost always more advantageous, I get getting the coin card, but getting another card on top of that is a bit much.

Also just had a pretty intense arena battle where I lasted 5 turns with 1 hp and eventually managed to beat the guy after a few lucky draws (I had a really shitty hand for 75% of the game), feels good.

manhack

So I'm watching the OGN_Hearthstone Invitational on twitch.

I'm pretty sure this chat is the most awful, yet entertaining thing ever.

Man every time I get stomped(which is a ton) I'm tempted to spend money to buy packs. I still don't have half the cards and zero legendarys.

There's nothing wrong with buying packs. I've done plenty of that and feel the game deserves it..Any game that can get me to play it every day for nearly 1.5 months deserves the positive feedback...

Hasn't made me a better player, but I have more options to have fun w/different deck options.

Heel

I am new to Hearthstone and have a question. How does one use the emote system without being perceived as a sarcastic asshole, like everyone else I've run across using the emote system? Thank you.

JesseZao

I am new to Hearthstone and have a question. How does one use the emote system without being perceived as a sarcastic asshole, like everyone else I've run across using the emote system? Thank you.

I think the only safe emote is "greetings" at the very start of the game. Absolutely everything else may be perceived as sarcastic.

I think the only safe emote is "greetings" at the very start of the game. Absolutely everything else may be perceived as sarcastic.

Yup, I just do Greetings at the end. And a Well Played at the end, since it's the closest to a GG. Of course, I just taunt if it's a Huntard or Priest.

Zeliard

Yup, I just do Greetings at the end. And a Well Played at the end, since it's the closest to a GG. Of course, I just taunt if it's a Huntard or Priest.

Greetings at the start, Well Played at the end, Thanks if they genuinely give me props for a good play. Oops if I personally did something dumb.

I use "Well Played" even at the end of a blowout because I basically look at it as gg, which in other games is stated by both parties regardless of the disparity of the outcome. If someone blows me out and does the same, I take it in good faith unless they taunted earlier on. If they're being sarcastic with it, oh well. Not like I'd really know.

Oh yeah, I also give a Well Played if the opponent did something really clever, like card combos I haven't seen before/see rarely. Such combos would be pinging a minion with Enrage: any skill or Acolyte of Pain combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom