• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fuck miracle rogue leeroy version.
Sooo annyoing. I really don't want to play a go-facetard deck just because of them, but ....

Gadgetzan is so broken with Rogue ...

FStop7

Banned
Just fuck miracle rogue leeroy version.
Sooo annyoing. I really don't want to play a go-facetard deck just because of them, but ....

Gadgetzan is so broken with Rogue ...

M. Rogue is not even close to broken. It's a very high risk deck.

Also, if you think the Leeroy version is bad - try Leeroy + 2 Mana Addicts. It's awesome when it goes off. But like I said, it's risky as fuck.

I highly recommend if you hate miracle rogues to try and play one... They are both the most fun and frustrating deck I've ever played. Especially the traditional miracle Rogue.

So I've cobbled together enough dust for a Legendary. I'm torn between Leeroy and Cairne, though I'm open to suggestions.

I already have:
Ragnaros (actually pulled a second one, which lead to the dust)
Edwin Van Cleef (I'm keeping this in case I want to play Miracle Rogue, although I am missing some of the needed cards)
Tinkmaster Overspark
Lorewalker Cho
Illidan Stormrage

I play pretty much all the classes except Paladin and Priest.

TimeKillr

I highly recommend if you hate miracle rogues to try and play one... They are both the most fun and frustrating deck I've ever played. Especially the traditional miracle Rogue.

I wonder if you could use a Miracle Rogue with setups similar to Miracle Mage where they use Doomsayers + frost nova to clear the board when things get too hairy. You could technically use Doomsayers + conceal or master of disguise (although I wonder why you'd run Master of Disguise with Doomsayer, but hey).

Could help a bit with the incoming damage before setting up a Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

Miletius

I think I'm going to make a miracle rouge deck. I don't have the staple legendaries for it though, so I guess I'm going with questing dude.

I wonder if you could use a Miracle Rogue with setups similar to Miracle Mage where they use Doomsayers + frost nova to clear the board when things get too hairy. You could technically use Doomsayers + conceal or master of disguise (although I wonder why you'd run Master of Disguise with Doomsayer, but hey).

Could help a bit with the incoming damage before setting up a Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

No point to run that, you'd be better off just using conceal, you only ever want it invisble for a single turn.

My miracle rogue is pretty heavily modified, marrying a traditional miracle with a more "to the face!" kind of mentality with wolf riders and arcane golems to supplement Leeroy.

JesseZao

Got matched with a guy who is legendary rank 20.
I am normal rank 6 :/
stahp ranking system. you are drunk.

Sounds like he's abusing the system. I'd like to think blizzard would have a way to stop this short of griefing. Maybe if you concede a large amount of games in a small amount of time it would flag the account and give it a matchmaking ban.

Sounds like he's abusing the system. I'd like to think blizzard would have a way to stop this short of griefing. Maybe if you concede a large amount of games in a small amount of time it would flag the account and give it a matchmaking ban.

I think he meant he is rank 6 and playing vs someone who is legendary already with rank 20 amongst legendary players which happens but is very rare. Probably happens only during this early in the season.

f0lken

I just did my first 10 win arena, with a rogue, and previously had 2 with 7 wins with a warrior, and I got to say: Weapons are pretty OP in arena mode damn, Fiery War Axe is fabulous for the cost, and Assassin´s Blade with Deadly Posion is almost a guarantee win.

All of my other arena incursions have been a max of 4 wins lol, so yeah, rogue and warrior for me from now on

_Legacy_

I just did my first 10 win arena, with a rogue, and previously had 2 with 7 wins with a warrior, and I got to say: Weapons are pretty OP in arena mode damn, Fiery War Axe is fabulous for the cost, and Assassin´s Blade with Deadly Posion is almost a guarantee win.

All of my other arena incursions have been a max of 4 wins lol, so yeah, rogue and warrior for me from now on

I converted to Warrior recently as well, I used to run a decent Druid deck but it was geared more to endgame and I was getting screwed early on. Fiery War Axe and Gorehould ftw! Now I just need Grommash to complete my deck!

You say that til you get yours hit by acidic ooze and then it is like an automatic loss :)

Cause 2 mana minion taking out a 6 mana 2 card play is a huge tempo/card gain for the other player.

f0lken

You say that til you get yours hit by acidic ooze and then it is like an automatic loss :)

Cause 2 mana minion taking out a 6 mana 2 card play is a huge tempo/card gain for the other player.

1-funny-dog-pictures-i-cants-hear-you-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.jpg

Unfortunately Acidic Ooze are plentiful in arena :(

sibarraz

Banned
I've seen people use it properly... the problem is that the voice itself comes off sarcastic.

For example: If someone went away from their computer for a minute between turns and thus accidently burned down a lot of the timer, I've had people use "sorry" before making their play.

Oh yeah, in those case is right

But normally I see it as a way of "I'm so sorry for paying tons of money to make this combo with this legendary card and 2 epics"

Oh yeah, in those case is right

But normally I see it as a way of "I'm so sorry for paying tons of money to make this combo with this legendary card and 2 epics"

Sounds like more "p2w" whining.

I usually say sorry if I top deck a win or I do some stupid combo to win even if I was outplayed because I am actually sorry.

I usually do "greetings" if someone else uses it, but that's about it.

I'll use "oops", if I Mindgames some junk minion..Because it definitely was "not quite what I had planned." I wanted a turn 4 Ysera and got a turn 4 murloc.

If my opponent is being a douche, I usually mute them, and then just obnoxiously return the favor of being a douche.

I'll use "sorry" if I accidentally forget to hit next turn...

"Well played" after a game..same as "good game." I won't do it before my turn though..That's just cocky.

I normally just do my normal arena thing and not post any cool things that happen but earlier today I had the dream Shadow Madness.

Loot Hoarder - Keeper of the Grove - Raging Worgen

Bash, bam - boop! 3 for 1.

Also, I had the choice of legendaries on this Priest deck, I went with Lorewalker Cho - it makes people choke SO hard in arena and at a minimum I'm getting a great spell instead of mediocre legendary. More often than not I've got 2-3 spell from it.

Minsc

Gold Member
I use "well played" as good game too, always right before I win (or when I lose)... like if I have 3 spells in hand to get lethal in addition to attacking with the 4 creatures on the board, I'll just "well played" prior to doing anything, so they know they've lost and can concede, rather than watch 7 animations play out.

Quick question about Sylvannas..I just crafted one.

Any reason it wouldn't have activated deathrattle (take control of enemy minion) when killed with a soulfire?

My opponent had 3 minions on the board, soulfired sylvannas (which killed it), but I didn't take over any minion...

It showed on the play by play Soulfire killing Sylvannas, then a picture of a stampeding kodo, but the kodo was still on my opponent's side...It seemed like it didn't activate..Wasn't silenced..

So what happened?

Fighting a rank 20 Rogue with a miracle deck (all gold) when you're using a basic deck isn't really fun.

This why I run im one of those AggroHunter noobs. I don't have all these high end cards yet. My only legendary is Cairne. AggroHunter is my only only option where I stand a chance against all the Miracle Rouges out now.

For thre record, I'm fine with the UTH drop bump, makes sense, doesn't hurt the combo at all. I was worried they would take away his beast or something far worse

Rockyrock

So I've cobbled together enough dust for a Legendary. I'm torn between Leeroy and Cairne, though I'm open to suggestions.

I already have:
Ragnaros (actually pulled a second one, which lead to the dust)
Edwin Van Cleef (I'm keeping this in case I want to play Miracle Rogue, although I am missing some of the needed cards)
Tinkmaster Overspark
Lorewalker Cho
Illidan Stormrage

I play pretty much all the classes except Paladin and Priest.
just depends what you play more tbh.

Leeroy for aggro
Cairne for control

Quick question about Sylvannas..I just crafted one.

Any reason it wouldn't have activated deathrattle (take control of enemy minion) when killed with a soulfire?

My opponent had 3 minions on the board, soulfired sylvannas (which killed it), but I didn't take over any minion...

It showed on the play by play Soulfire killing Sylvannas, then a picture of a stampeding kodo, but the kodo was still on my opponent's side...It seemed like it didn't activate..Wasn't silenced..

So what happened?

Silence?

-

nice... I just got hit with a frostbolt, icelancex2, fireball on like turn freaking 6. Followed up with another frostbolt to finish me off. I've always found burn mages the least fun to play against.

I'm curious how much money people have spent on HS so far?

I don't care if you haven't spent anything...I want to know who's spent the most..

I love HS and have dropped a total of 250 on booster packs...I feel like Blizzard should reward people more who actually spend money on the game..I mean, isn't that the whole point (making money). I want a greater advantage for spending money...P2W HS is not.

I don't care if you haven't spent anything...I want to know who's spent the most..

I love HS and have dropped a total of 250 on booster packs...I feel like Blizzard should reward people more who actually spend money on the game..I mean, isn't that the whole point (making money). I want a greater advantage for spending money...P2W HS is not.

Probably around $20 and got jack shit from it. 4 commons and 1 rare almost every time.

And thank god, this game would really suck if paying gave a real advantage.

I only paid 20 bucks. I was sorta annoyed that they did not disclose I would in fact be paying tax on a prepaid card so I decided to not spend any more. And no regrets cause I have almost all the cards I want anyway.

FStop7

Banned
I'm up to $100 in packs and another ~$30 in the arena. But I've stopped paying for Arena because I don't like the randomness of it. Now I just do arena runs when I accumulate enough gold through quests and wins. I can rack up wins pretty fast in casual.

I'll keep buying packs, I want to get a full set. But you really don't need to spend anything to get a strong set of cards.

Probably around $20 and got jack shit from it. 4 commons and 1 rare almost every time.

Yeah..that's been a lot of my packs..I get burnt up when I see people getting two legendaries in two packs..From the 40 packs I've bought (on 5 occasions) I've received an average of 1 per 40 packs...Last night I got two legendaries (Barron G and Gromash Hellscream), and crafted Sylvanas...

I just played the worst ramp druid I ever have.... he got an amazing start with a 6/7 yeti and got me down to like 12 hp by like turn 5. And still lost and he used wild growth on like turn 8 wtf... lol.

sibarraz

Banned
Sounds like more "p2w" whining.

I usually say sorry if I top deck a win or I do some stupid combo to win even if I was outplayed because I am actually sorry.

Oh yeah, I know that is P2W whining, but at the same time, can't feel otherwise since normally that's how happen

Triz

About $200.

$4-6 , when I was just starting out, didn't have enough gold to constantly play arena.

As for a reward, you got that crappy legendary in beta if you spent money. The one that makes machines that makes you lose 90% of the time.

$4-6 , when I was just starting out, didn't have enough gold to constantly play arena.

As for a reward, you got that crappy legendary in beta if you spent money. The one that makes machines that makes you lose 90% of the time.

I'd like something like that to encourage spending of money. Such as spend over 100 dollars and get a random legendary type of prize...I get the importance of balance, but also it's a business looking to make money. They can't allow people to coast for free indefinitely..That's a crappy business model and we know Blizzard is a smart business.

dorkimoe

Lol OK priests. Guy had a 2/7 minion. Then played a card to add 3 health. Then played a card to double it. Then one last card to match his attack to his health. Ended up 18/18 minion after the 4th turn

It wouldn't be F2P if you had to pay...

Well typically aren't most F2P games, technically free but they highly encourage paying to play. they kind of make it a pain in the ass to play for free, so you just end up paying. That's all I'm saying. I don't think Blizzard has done enough to make it a pain the ass to play for free and the rewards for paying aren't great enough in comparison to playing for free.

JesseZao

Well typically aren't most F2P games, technically free but they highly encourage paying to play. they kind of make it a pain in the ass to play for free, so you just end up paying. That's all I'm saying. I don't think Blizzard has done enough to make it a pain the ass to play for free and the rewards for paying aren't great enough in comparison to playing for free.

And I'm loving the game because of it. :)

Just accept your inner whale tendencies! Us freebies thank you!

inky

Fuck that. Sounds like you suck and want to pay your way towards getting better :p

I've spent $10, and have almost 3k gold saved up. I probably won't spend another cent and that is how I like it.

And I'm loving the game because of it. :)

So do you like the game as much as any game you've paid for, or do you like simply because it's free? I don't think the fact that it's free makes it any better..It's just a great game.

I think HS stands on it's own against any game I've paid for. It's much better than 90% of what's out there. Simple to learn, hard to master, addresses the collection monster in everyone, updated support..

JesseZao

So do you like the game as much as any game you've paid for, or do you like simply because it's free? I don't think the fact that it's free makes it any better..It's just a great game.

I think HS stands on it's own against any game I've paid for. It's much better than 90% of what's out there. Simple to learn, hard to master, addresses the collection monster in everyone, updated support..

How bout both. Great game. It's free. Bonus. I don't approach games like they're a charity. I don't owe them money to enjoy their product.

I've spent money on a F2p game before, but it was because I made a second account and wanted to catch up to my primary. I haven't spent money on this game and it may just stay that way.

Fuck that. Sounds like you suck and want to pay your way towards getting better :p

Sounds like you're poor and spending 20 bucks might wipe out your EBT card. ;P

How good could I be if I used a hunter? I'll never know because playing an op'ed class isn't appealing. Got to rank 11 w/aggro pally first month...rank 11 second month w/a variation of a miracle rogue...this month trying a priest that's fun to play but not necessarily that great...at rank 17 w/that...So I'm not the best, but not the worst..I win more than 50% of my according to HT...But that's not enough to make real progress. I hit a wall based on the time of the month..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom