• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

de1irium

Friendly (and smug) reminder not to play with your food.

Just fought a warlock that had a full board with lethal++, but gets me down to 1HP and plays Twisting Nether. I play Farseer. He Taps and plays Hellfire. I topdeck Swipe and an Ancient of War ftw.

"Sorry about that."

slayn

needs to show more effort.
New warrior card announced looks pretty cool. A weapon with deathrattle? I never would have considered that.

Grio

Neo Member
If you had a good 1 drop, 2 drop, 3 drop and 4 drop as your first 4 cards, I think it'd probably be more a blessing.

Agreed, I actually prefer first turn for most of my decks because the coin only helps turn 1 for p2.

Minsc

Gold Member
New warrior card announced looks pretty cool. A weapon with deathrattle? I never would have considered that.

Going to have some crazy synergy in rush warrior decks with berserkers and worgen. Also will play nice in control warrior with those 1/3 guys that draw a card when damaged, as well as well armor smith and with that 2/4 +1/+0 when a minion is damage guy.

Seems like a significantly better card than the paladin secret or druid one to me.

slayn

haha, we keep posting, editing, seeing the other person upload it and re-editing =P
I nominate you to post the image.

Minsc

Gold Member
haha, we keep posting, editing, seeing the other person upload it and re-editing =P
I nominate you to post the image.

sv6s4BU.jpg

Ok lol.

Will also work great with execute. Hit for 4 to the face on the 2nd swing, weapon breaks, deals 1 to everything, then execute their damaged Ysera/Rag for "free."

slayn

Ok lol.

Will also work great with execute. Hit for 4 to the face on the 2nd swing, weapon breaks, deals 1 to everything, then execute their damaged Ysera/Rag for "free."
Not to mention it's a 0 mana grommash activation.

TimeKillr

How do warriors get a Fiery War Axe in their opening hand EVERY SINGLE GAME?!?!?

If you go first, you have a ~46% chance of getting one. If you go second, you have a 60% chance of getting one. (that's if you mulligan your entire hand and you have 2 of them in your deck, and if my math is correct - basically, if you mulligan your entire hand as first player, you went through 7 cards, which is 23% of your deck. If you have 2, you have twice the chance of getting one, pumping that to 46%. Same for going second - 9 cards, so 30%).

Those are pretty high percentages, especially if you go second.

Grind 150 gold just to get into Arena
Get a measly 3 wins if i'm lucky
Get a garbage 4 common 1 rare pack 99% of the time
Rinse and Repeat

The struggle is real

Minsc

Gold Member
If you go first, you have a ~46% chance of getting one. If you go second, you have a 60% chance of getting one. (that's if you mulligan your entire hand and you have 2 of them in your deck, and if my math is correct - basically, if you mulligan your entire hand as first player, you went through 7 cards, which is 23% of your deck. If you have 2, you have twice the chance of getting one, pumping that to 46%. Same for going second - 9 cards, so 30%).

Those are pretty high percentages, especially if you go second.

Actually you are seeing 8 cards going first (6 from mulligan, 2 from draw), and 10 cards going second (8 from mulligan and 2 from draw). So it'd be even higher in both cases. 53% for going first, and ~67% for going second, to get any card you have 2 of from your deck in your game by turn 2.

Edit: Though I guess it'd be slightly lower than 53% and 67%, because it's possible the 2 cards you draw are the same as the cards you mulligan.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Ok lol.

Death's Bite looks nice. I always wanted a swipe for my warrior. Plus I always thought a 2/2 weapon on turn 4 from Arathi Weaponsmith was a bit weak. Nice to have an option for something with a little more punch.

I wonder how the Naxx class challenges for class cards work. Will specific classes be in certain wings and not others? Will some classes luck out and get in the free wing?

TimeKillr

Actually you are seeing 8 cards going first (6 from mulligan, 2 from draw), and 10 cards going second (8 from mulligan and 2 from draw). So it'd be even higher in both cases. 53% for going first, and ~67% for going second, to get any card you have 2 of from your deck in your game by turn 2.

Edit: Though I guess it'd be slightly lower than 53% and 67%, because it's possible the 2 cards you draw are the same as the cards you mulligan.

You're right - I simply took into account the probability of getting a Fiery War Axe turn 1.

bjaelke

General
Improved friends list sorting based on player status.
Breaking News will now properly be shown when Hearthstone is undergoing maintenance.
Reconnect functionality has been enabled for Practice Mode.
Games in Friendly Play now have a turn timer.
[iPad] Deck Rename and Deck Delete is now easier to find.

Card Changes
Unleash the Hounds (Hunter) now costs 3 (up from 2).
After much consideration, we have decided to increase the mana cost of Unleash the Hounds to 3. Unleash the Hounds has been dominating all levels of play for quite some time. This change should make the card more fun to play against while still allowing for some big plays when combined with other Hunter cards.

Bug Fixes
Winning a game as Lord Jaraxxus will now properly grant credit towards unlocking the Warlock golden hero. You win... BUT YOUR WORLD IS STILL DOOMED!
Returning an opponent’s minion to their hand will no longer occasionally leave behind a facedown card on the game board.
Resolved issues that prevented the Fireside Friends card back from being properly unlocked under certain conditions.
[iPad] Resolved an issue that was causing a client crash when choosing between two options of certain Druid cards.
[iPad] Resolved an issue where new chat notification bubbles would appear behind the keyboard when in the chat window interface.
[iPad] Adjusted the location of where enlarged versions of cards appear so that they are easier to see when selected.
[iPad] Resolved an issue where the client may sometimes use the incorrect default language.
Other bug fixes and UI improvements.
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/14070049/

blackflag

Drafted a Druid deck that seemed sick but had a high curve. I knew I'd have problems but how many times do you get this in 1 draft

Ancient of War
Ancient of Lore
Faceless Manipulator

Ysera
Baron Geddon

Minsc

Gold Member
You say that now, but wait until I buff the damn thing with a Rockbiter.

That could actually be pretty brutal... Coin out egg turn 1, FTT turn 2 & trade 2/2 egg for 3/2 minion, get 6/4 thing back. windfury + rockbiter turn 3 for 18 damage to face. Win turn four if not removed.

A turn 1 egg may shut down and early drops (much like a turn 1 squire could prevent you from wanting to use a 3/2), simply for fear of them trading a buffed egg with your 2-drop, and getting a 4/4 out of it.

That could actually be pretty brutal... Coin out egg turn 1, FTT turn 2 & trade 2/2 egg for 3/2 minion, get 6/4 thing back. windfury + rockbiter turn 3 for 18 damage to face. Win turn four if not removed.

Yes. I'm looking to all kinds of Nerubian Egg shenanigans with my Shaman deck... and vs. Shaman, Nerubian Egg becomes another great +Spell Power Totem and Earth Shock target. Hell, throw a Sunfury Protector and/or Defender of Argus on the Nerubian Egg, and it's a decent counter/stall vs rush decks.

I only just noticed that minions have an oval picture, spells have a "box" shape that fills the top of the card, and weapons have a circle.

Ok lol.

I really wouldn't mind if they added another rogue weapon as well. It would be sick to get a 7 mana rogue weapon omg.

"7cc, 5 damage, 3 swings, deathrattle: draw a card (or 2)"!

or

"When this weapon kills a minion draw a card"!

inky

I only just noticed that minions have an oval picture, spells have a "box" shape that fills the top of the card, and weapons have a circle.

Yup. There are many things I dislike aesthetically about this (and other Blizzard games), but they really are unmatched at easily communicating all their information visually, particularly in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom