• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cystm

UTH Nerf!

lVc1u.gif

inky

I got dc'd my first game. It counted as a "draw" according to the message, so no loss.

Third game now no problems.

bjaelke

Hearthstone @PlayHearthstone
We are currently bringing Hearthstone down for emergency maintenance! Thank you for your patience as we attack pesky sprites with bazookas.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
I draft four Defias Ringleaders in Arena and in six matches I don't get the coin even once for the turn one combo. There's only a 1/64 (1.56%) chance of that happening. RNGesus hates me.

I don't know how Hafu does it, but I always seem like I'm on the wrong side of the odds in Arena. Fuck my luck.

I draft four Defias Ringleaders in Arena and in six matches I don't get the coin even once for the turn one combo. There's only a 1/64 (1.56%) chance of that happening. RNGesus hates me.

I don't know how Hafu does it, but I always seem like I'm on the wrong side of the odds in Arena. Fuck my luck.

Turn 1 ringleader is overrated imo. But it is possible people have completely forgotten about it enough that they screw up their mulligan or something.

CoolOff

Apologies if this has been asked before, is it better to buy a pack with 100g or enter the arena with 150g?

If you average 3 wins or more, arena is more value/gold. If you average less but think arena is fun then you have to decide for yourself if it's worth it.

3 wins is usually 50 gold + a pack, so that gets you your 150 invested back.

FStop7

Banned
I never play Warlock, should I dust non golden Jaraxxus?

I would keep Jaraxxus unless there's another card you badly want. I mean 400 dust vs. 1600 cost to create another legendary - not a good value.

If only Hearthstone let players trade cards, I'd offer to trade you something for it. :/

Sandwich

Neo Member
Finally the dogs got nerfed. Whenever I play in the single-digit ranks like 9-6 or so, I run into this brick wall of hunters that all play the exact same decks.

Arrow, arrow, arrow, bird+wolf+dogs, arrow, arrow, pig+bite+bite death.

I'm not sure upping the cost from 2 to 3 is the correct nerf. Because the combo-cards like birds and wolfs cost 1-2 so having the combos cost a total of 1 more, means almost nothing. It just means the nonsense starts 1 turn later.

Jerkson

Banned
Finally the dogs got nerfed. Whenever I play in the single-digit ranks like 9-6 or so, I run into this brick wall of hunters that all play the exact same decks.

Arrow, arrow, arrow, bird+wolf+dogs, arrow, arrow, pig+bite+bite death.

I'm not sure upping the cost from 2 to 3 is the correct nerf. Because the combo-cards like birds and wolfs cost 1-2 so having the combos cost a total of 1 more, means almost nothing. It just means the nonsense starts 1 turn later.

It should prevent some the double hounds, buzzard, double hyneas shit I see people do.

JesseZao

So they've stuck to a weekly reveal for class cards which will be complete in 6 weeks. I say they give a minimum two week buffer for release of adventure mode. Puts release at July 11 for a friday at earliest.

Bizazedo

Okay, I was wrong. I like that new Warrior weapon.

Arena. It's easy to make the 50g difference. 2-3 wins and you'll make 50g, some dust, and get a pack. You get a pack for 0 wins.

I've gotten zero wins before and gotten no pack. It was when Arena first went to 12 wins, though, so maybe it was a bug.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
thanks to Unleash the Hounds, got a nice 400 dust from my golden copy.

time for another legendary. thoughts on the list?

King Crush
Archmage Antonidas
Prophet
Lorewalker Cho
Tinkmaster
Greenskin
Hogger
Ilidan
Malygos

there's some other legendaries I need, but those are the only ones I think might be useful

JesseZao

King Crush
Archmage Antonidas
Prophet
Lorewalker Cho
Tinkmaster
Greenskin
Hogger
Ilidan
Malygos

there's some other legendaries I need, but those are the only ones I think might be useful

Maly

inky

Malygos is good, and kinda popular atm in Rogue decks, tho he can be used in others.

Hogger is solid I think, but it is not commonly used. Class specific I don't know as don't own either of them.

I'd go with King Krush, just for the hilarity. No-one expects King Krush. Archmage might be good if you're playing Miracle Mage.

I'm glad I did my dailies just before the patch (2 wins Hunter/Druid, 2 wins Hunter/Mage, 3 wins any class), met my first Miracle Rogue in ranked as well, though they didn't seem to have all the cards needed. They never drew an Auctioneer, in fact I think they played one minion the whole game.

King Crush
Archmage Antonidas
Prophet
Lorewalker Cho
Tinkmaster
Greenskin
Hogger
Ilidan
Malygos

I like Hogger and hate facing him. Faceless a Hogger of your own is twice the fun! He's one of my favorite legendaries i have...He seems to always be useful.

Cho is really cool...I don't think there's ever been a turn I've played him that it didn't just make my opponent pause...But the same problem he causes for your opponent he also causes for you.

Archmage-Played against one recently in late game and he worked really well for my opponent..

These would be my three choices...Not Illidian..He sucks.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member

King Crush
Archmage Antonidas
Prophet
Lorewalker Cho
Tinkmaster
Greenskin
Hogger
Ilidan
Malygos

So I assume you already have Cairne, Ragnaros, Leeroy, VanCleef, Ysera, Grommash and Sylvanas? Illidan isn't worth it. Cho is a gimmick legendary that is only particularly great in minion-heavy decks. Tinkmaster is too inconsistent. Greenskin is only truly great in weapon-heavy decks. Prophet limits you to Priest and Priest at the moment isn't doing that well oustide of some top players. Antonidas can be fun, but you have to build a deck around him (or always keep 1-mana spells in your hand) to truly get consistent value out of him.

Cairne, Rag, Leeroy and Sylvanas are great neutral legendaries that can fit in any deck without specifically needing to build around them. VanCleef is great in Miracle Rogue, a deck that is doing pretty great right now. Grommash beats out Krush because with the UTH nerf Hunter is less viable and Control Warrior is doing great right now. Ysera can offer insane late-game power by just playing her; she doesn't need to survive a turn to do anything.

It'd help to know what you plan on using your legendary for.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
So I assume you already have Cairne, Ragnaros, Leeroy, VanCleef, Ysera, Grommash and Sylvanas? Illidan isn't worth it. Cho is a gimmick legendary that is only particularly great in minion-heavy decks. Tinkmaster is too inconsistent. Greenskin is only truly great in weapon-heavy decks. Prophet limits you to Priest and Priest at the moment isn't doing that well oustide of some top players. Antonidas can be fun, but you have to build a deck around him (or always keep 1-mana spells in your hand) to truly get consistent value out of him.

Cairne, Rag, Leeroy and Sylvanas are great neutral legendaries that can fit in any deck without specifically needing to build around them. VanCleef is great in Miracle Rogue, a deck that is doing pretty great right now. Grommash beats out Krush because with the UTH nerf Hunter is less viable and Control Warrior is doing great right now. Ysera can offer insane late-game power by just playing her; she doesn't need to survive a turn to do anything.

It'd help to know what you plan on using your legendary for.

yeah I have all the good ones, which is why I'm now torn.

half the time I get a new card and then figure out how to do something with it. Could Miracle Maly, or Miracle Mage, probably the two most likely.

Hogger is tempting tho for sure amusement factor

Vio-Lence

Banned

King Crush
Archmage Antonidas
Prophet
Lorewalker Cho
Tinkmaster
Greenskin
Hogger
Ilidan
Malygos

Malygod

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
yeah I have all the good ones, which is why I'm now torn.

half the time I get a new card and then figure out how to do something with it. Could Miracle Maly, or Miracle Mage, probably the two most likely.

Hogger is tempting tho for sure amusement factor
Then I'd go with either Malygos, Hogger or Krush, with preference to Hogger or Krush. Malygos can be insane, but he is also a 9-mana play which makes him late-game and there is a possibility of just not getting to play any spells with him. Hogger has instant effect and can be really powerful when played on an empty board (or just empty on the opponent's side) Faceless him next turn and hilarity ensues. Krush is a 9-mana play, like Malygos, but contrary to Maly, he has an instant effect on the game due to Charge. That makes him a great finisher.

I say Krush as a finisher if you plan on playing a lot of Hunter, Malygos if you can put it in a deck in which you can very consistently get value out of him and Hogger for more general utility.

Card Boy

Banned

King Crush
Archmage Antonidas
Prophet
Lorewalker Cho
Tinkmaster
Greenskin
Hogger
Ilidan
Malygos

Greenskin for the Parrots.

I was thinking today about cards I've never seen anyone play.

I know only once I've seen a Wisp played.

I've never seen a Hungry Crab played.

I've seen ETC played once, and I got to Thoughtsteal a copy too in the same game..That has a great animation.

I've only once seen that legendary gnome card played where you the invention.

Are there any cards you've never seen played, or played only 1 time??

Jerkson

Banned
Is Tinkmaster Overspark a viable card in any decks? He's the only legendary I've gotten so far and frankly his ability scares me a bit.

Card Boy

Banned
Are there any cards you've never seen played, or played only 1 time??

Never seen

Wisp
Elite Tauren Warrior Chieftain
Lorewalker Cho
Angry Chicken
Baron Geddon
Captain Greenskin
Deathwing
Headcrack
Hungrey Crab
Millhouse Manastorm
Nozdormu
Pit Lord
The Beast

I only once ever saw a Glebin.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Never seen

Wisp
Elite Tauren Warrior
Lorewalker Cho
Angry Chicken
Baron Geddon
Captain Greenskin
Deathwing
Headcrack
Hungrey Crab
Millhouse Manastorm
Nozdormu
Pit Lord
The Beast

I have seen every one of these cards. I used to run a Nozdormu deck actually. People freak out.

Never seen

Wisp
Elite Tauren Warrior
Lorewalker Cho
Angry Chicken
Baron Geddon
Captain Greenskin
Deathwing
Headcrack
Hungrey Crab
Millhouse Manastorm
Nozdormu
Pit Lord
The Beast

Oh...yeah, forgot about a few you've listed there.

Same for me:
-No Manastorm
-No Angry Chicken
and No Pit Lord...

I've seen Headcrack a number of times and while I like the idea behind it, it's never a viable card to use...Cool getting a direct dmg card back if you combo it, but 3 mana for 2 dmg isn't really worth it unless it's late game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom