• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaji

Don't forget Zilea

Kappa

I really enjoy watching MaSsan he's been extremely helpful and fun to watch as well.

Zilea I've watched a bunch and both times I've had to switch off because all he seems to do is bitch and moan (maybe that's the appeal?)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Please Blizzard, don't nerf Miracle rogues.

PLEASE.

Alrus

Unfuckingbelievable. I build a deck with so much promise, pulling out moves that should easily win the game and even still my opponents are pulling the biggest comebacks in the history of anything ever. It's like all the Earth's forces are against me.

I lost two games in a row to a mage which had 1 health left, it's so frustrating when it happens (but then again when you pull a huge comeback it feels so great).

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
They are going to nerf Gadgetzan, the coin, or both. In the long term Gadgetzan is just too strong of a card and needs to limit draw. Miracle rouge abuses that.

I don't see why, miracle is super easy to identify and counter, assuming you pull your deck's right cards. If anything, I think Conceal is too cheap.

Haly

Fuck, it's a combo deck. Of course it's "abusing" card draw.

But that doesn't mean it needs to be "fixed". It's not unbalancing the game, yet. You'd have an argument if, in the next major HS tournament, everyone ran Miracle Rogue as one of their decks. Until then, any cries for nerf are woefully premature.

The fact that degenerate combos can be achieved through clever assembly of legal game mechanics is the mark of a flexible game system, not a problematic one. Unless your ideal metagame has every deck playing out the same way (e.g. 2 drop, 3 drop, 4 drop, get control of the board then face).

My god, it's like you guys want to turn Hearthstone into the League of Legends of card games more than it already is. Aggro decks? Too fast! Burn? Too uninteractive! Control? Too expensive! All midrange, all the fucking time.

Absolutely disgusting.

Raxus

Fuck, it's a combo deck. Of course it's "abusing" card draw.
LOL. I am sorry, I am not terribly concerned about it NOW as many have pointed out it is typically easy to counter but with new cards coming and new sets in the future I am just saying most cards that abuse card draw like Gadgetzan and Northshire will be looked at.

Relax. Haly. Breathe.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
If anything, I wish there were way more combo possibilities for more of the classes. It's the type of deck I like playing most. Armorsmith/berserker is about as close as it gets. I threw some spiteful smiths in for fun.. hitting someone with an 11 gorehowl.. yes....

LOL. I am sorry, I am not terribly concerned about it NOW as many have pointed out it is typically easy to counter but with new cards coming and new sets in the future I am just saying most cards that abuse card draw like Gadgetzan and Northshire will be looked at.

Relax. Haly. Breathe.

They'll most likely become obsolete with new cards.

Haly

Gadgetzan will never become obsolete, nor Northshire, or Innervate, unless Blizzard prints strictly better cards. Raxus is right in that these cards are, in terms of mechanics, timeless. Reusable card draw and Dark Ritual will never not be good unless they get even better.

But, if Gadgetzan ever gets "broken", it'll be because of a new combo, and Blizzard can always nerf that, instead of Gadgetzan itself.

inky

Man, it's getting harder and harder to succeed with my Druid deck. I guess it's time to try one of the aggro Warrior/Pallys or something. I have the most success with Zoo but I flat out don't enjoy playing it and my Shammy makes me cry of rage.

Picked up Cenarius today. So far I think he is a pretty great card. Other people online don't seem to like him so much but every time i've used him he has come through for me. He is a total card sink, the other player has to spend way too many resources to get rid of him and and his friends. Helps to buy time for other legendaries and heaters.

Also venture co mercenary is fucking OP. He is just like a knife juggler, a taunt without taunt. The other player has no choice but to waste time and resources killing a card i don't care about at all, and when he dies, his debuff goes away and out come the heaters. Just goes to show you, don't count a card out because it may look bad.

Minsc

Gold Member
Also venture co mercenary is fucking OP. He is just like a knife juggler, a taunt without taunt. The other player has no choice but to waste time and resources killing a card i don't care about at all, and when he dies, his debuff goes away and out come the heaters. Just goes to show you, don't count a card out because it may look bad.

Follow de rules.

Play a few Paladins and you'll be removing him from your decks fast.

Vio-Lence

Banned
If people want to play some friendlies or practice new decks for fun on NA, add me for some games polishmoves#1333. would be fun to play some games.

Neki

qlMSGkg.jpg

hdHbjVX.jpg

mNI8Epl.jpg

the one time ancient of war in attack mode is the right play! ;)

Yondy604

Banned
I did it guys, It took me forever, but I finally earned enough gold, arena wins, and some of my own money, and tourny wins. To finally complete my fucking GIANT WARLOCK DECK.

Cost like 21000 dust LOL

Neki

That double innervate.

I could have innervated a hero power to kill his baron geddon after playing sunwalker + swipe, but I wasn't sure it was going to be worth it. I also could have swiped his face and let sunwalker trade with his geddon, but I was just worried about not dying from fatigue. My last card in the deck was innervate, great times!

I also forgot to mention I used a wild growth to draw a BGH to kill his grommash two turns before. 65 health versus 14 health, no problem!

I2amza

Arena match against a Shaman. I mulligan my whole hand and I get 2 Mind Control Techs. I am like shit it's over.

Turn 4 he has 2/1 creature that gives hp to others, 0/5 taunt, healing totem, 1/1 totem VS. 2 1/1 pally soldiers.

I play MCT and get the taunt and clear his board.

2 Turns later his board: 5/5 Questing Adv. Sen'jin, healing totem, 1/1 VS. 2/2 and a 1/1

I play MCT again and I grab his 5/5 Questing Adv. I bet he was really pissed.

After that I just kept the tempo going and snowballed out of his reach.

JesseZao

Just yolo wrath'd for 20 twice in tbe same game. I was down to 3hp and then I had alex and two guardians. Second wrath for lethal. Such a fun deck.

Top deckin' and wreckin'

Wish I was home recording it.

After playing some miracle rogue, I don't think they'll get nerfed, outside of some fringe thing like cold blood costing more or something. The deck is very fragile and needs a good number of pieces to properly execute a combo, unlike the other popular decks like aggro hunter, zoo, or ramp druid which are all very resilient. I think once a new card comes into the meta, or some aggro setup that means you can't afford to just give up board control for 6 turns, or people get better at identifying the different flavors of miracle and countering them, we'll see it fade out a bit like it has in the past.

I actually think leeroy might be changed somehow, because the combos with him in miracle and hunter decks are stupid as all fuck.

inky

Just came back from being down to 1 life against a Shaman. I top decked Starfall to clear his board... twice. Healing Touch is a wonder too. I went too long without it.

I'm sad I didn't take a screenie now. Edit: HT says it was 46 turns long :O

I had a hilarious arena run. Was down 1-2 as is commonplace and managed to pull out a 6 win run. I had a mage deck with 2 Pyroblasts, 2 flamestrikes and 2 Ice blocks. I feel no guilt. It was glorious. Sunwalker, Mirror Image, the bodyguard dude and my flamestrikes ust clearing the board of problems. I even had the Ethereal Arcanist as heavy presence to buy time while I eventually Pyroblasted. I mostly had to use only 1 but the second one wsa never far behind.

It was awesome.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I wanted to buy a few packs on the ipad, but all it ended up doing was time out AFTER I made my itunes password entry/purchase. I'm still waiting for the packs to appear. Pretty annoying.

When I play against Miracle Rouge, I just mulligan hard into a strong early game and then proceed to flood the board worse than the Yellow River.

Wins about 80% of the time, and I'm playing Control Warrior. If I can do it, you can tooooooooo!

JesseZao

Arena is about randomness! I love learning new cards and playing outside my comfort zone.

I've never played in any magic events/drafts, but I think whats called a tournament draft mode would be fun. Could even make a custom program to run it if not officially supported. If only I knew how to program.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Alright, some of you guys in this thread that do really well in Arena said you'd throw out some suggestions for those of us not doing so well if you could see some vids of our play. So I did some arena today. Picked Rogue and went 3 - 3. Recorded the whole bit and I'm posting the relevant parts below:

Draft

First Loss

Second Loss

Third Loss

What's my major malfunction here? Drafting? Plays? Give me some advice and maybe we can make this instructional for everyone!

Bizazedo

Starting to use Blood Knight and Abomination more due to certain decks. It has driven me that far.

Seems to be working, though

Also had a Zoo Warlock flood the board after I played Sylvanas, including TINKMASTER OVERSPARK in a vain attempt to transform Sylvanas. Turned his own 3/2 into a 5/5.

I played Brawl and stole the 5/5 Devilsaur. He conceded immediately. My grin looked like The Grinch's.

Starting to use Blood Knight and Abomination more due to certain decks. It has driven me that far.

Fun story that I've been meaning to share: I was playing against a Mage in Arena who had just played a secret, and after attacking into them, I decided it had to be either a Counterspell or Mirror Entity. Assuming the ME, I played an Argent Squire, which they copied, and then I played a turn 4 9/9 Blood Knight.

It was a beautiful day.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Every fucking time I decide to play Rag or Ysera, instead of a smaller creature plus defender of argus, I get burst down from like 20 hp. so damn frustrating.

Haly

That's what you get for trying to hardcast Rag/Ysera against combo.

Alright, some of you guys in this thread that do really well in Arena said you'd throw out some suggestions for those of us not doing so well if you could see some vids of our play. So I did some arena today. Picked Rogue and went 3 - 3. Recorded the whole bit and I'm posting the relevant parts below:

Draft

First Loss

Second Loss

Third Loss

What's my major malfunction here? Drafting? Plays? Give me some advice and maybe we can make this instructional for everyone!

Well, in your first loss, you played cards that had good abilities (Shattered Sun Cleric, Ancient Brewmaster) onto an empty board. You could used the Defias bandit to attack, then have used Brewmaster to call back the Defias Leader to play again and bring back another bandit.

Haly

Why not? I mean, if you've reached turn 9 then you should have a pretty good idea of what deck you're up against and what they can or cannot do by analyzing what cards they've played and the size of their hand.

There's maybe 2-3 decks that can pull off 20 damage in a turn on an empty board.

mcfrank

qEe4owt.jpg

Finally opened a deck that had better than 1 rare in it. I promptly used Alexstraza to turn the tide on a guy who was beating me 28-10 taking him from 28 to 3 in a single turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom