• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Don't mind if I do.

Z4uUQsb.png

GeoGonzo

I just watched the credits for the first time. They're worth checking out, if only for the fake cards of developers scrolling by, some with jokes, some with new crazy stats (like super taunt).

YlO6xDhl.png

zoukka

Embrace the RNG and don't take the game serious. That's what I have done and it's what makes the game fun again.

There are not many cards I feel are badly designed in HS. As a matter of fact only MCT and Mad Bomber have felt unfair if the stars align. Like in a way that's just not fully though out and balanced, but obviously those moments are rare. Still there's a reason why coin flip cards or "kill random stuff" cards were toned out or banned in other card games.

Lol..from a game right now. This one is for Zoukka.

You play casual with your control warrior? :b

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Lol im not gonna take another pic but dude just played another MCT.. there ya go.

Er, I cut out the names/ranks, but what would be wrong with playing casual with any deck.. lol.. good try though.

johnsmith

remember me
What's the best midrange rogue deck? I'm seeing one with a lot of good value creatures, yetis, harvest golems, defenders of argus, etc? I'm seeing a lot of variations, and looks like it might be a solid cheap deck to try.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Hm, I don't ever have anyone quit on me in the beginning..least not frequently enough to assume that. If they do quit turn 1 I usually think they just had to go. I quit all the time because I thought I could fit a game in and then something comes up. Your theory might be more plausible though haha.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
will be interesting to see which class gets the most out of the new deathrattle cards but it'll probably just be Warlocks again

Priests, maybe? Rivendale is a 1/7 and eggs have no attack. Inner Fire makes it easier to proc an egg, and you'll have a beefier Rivendale that stays alive longer.

What's the best midrange rogue deck? I'm seeing one with a lot of good value creatures, yetis, harvest golems, defenders of argus, etc? I'm seeing a lot of variations, and looks like it might be a solid cheap deck to try.

it's not super cheap because you really need leeroy for reach. and bloodmage thalnos is almost as important to combo out backstab and eviscerate.

this is what mine looks like right now:

eTJutyi.png

but what you're using really depends on what you're going up against. like perdition's blade was amazing back a few seasons ago when there were a ton of aggro decks. but now it's more control warrior and ramp druid.

also i'd probably want a couple of earthen ring farseers in there at this point.

no, like if there is a deathrattle, it does 2 damage to the owner of the card that just died.

Even if deathrattle is all the rage, I dont' think I would use silence. An owl would be better

Special C

I feel like Nerubian Eggs are more about AoE protection than clever combos. Opponent plays Concecration, Lightning Storm, Blizzard or Flamestrike, and you still have a board presence after the AoE.

Sandwich

Neo Member
I tried a few rounds with a gimmick deck. I tried a variant of this a long time ago but I got many more cards now so I could do it better.

A Paladin taunt/shield deck. Designed to be.. really annoying to play against. Take all reasonable minions with taunt. Take all reasonable minions with shields. Take cards and minions that can give shields and taunts.

Sounds a bit ineffective, and it can be. But I won 3/4 rounds with it (in casual mode). Not saying it's going to get you legendary rank or anything but it's.. FUN. Because I can just see the opponent ripping his hair out at all the taunts he has to get past somehow. They waste so many resources trying to do that and they run out of cards really fast :D

ZealousD

Even if deathrattle is all the rage, I dont' think I would use silence. An owl would be better

Mass Dispel would be very useful, though. If somebody is playing Rivendale, they're probably going to want to play multiple deathrattle cards.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
UGH. Decided to make some gimmicky deck and try it out in Casual and ran into this Warlock running standard Zoolock, but waited every single fucking turn to the fullest only to throw out all his cards at once at the very last second. Really, there's no reason to do this. He was playing the most brain-dead net-deck there is, why would anyone (besides some sad evil assholes) feel the need to not only play it in Casual, but also waste everybody's time by just not giving a fuck and intentionally stalling to the fullest with just the intent of annoying the fuck out of your opponent. And why the fuck in casual? Even if you get your opponent to concede by being a complete asshole to him, you just won nothing. You didn't gain rank, you didn't learn anything about the game, you didn't gain nothing. Ugh.

Sometimes I wish I could just punch people in the face through the internet.

I'm an expert

UGH. Decided to make some gimmicky deck and try it out in Casual and ran into this Warlock running standard Zoolock, but waited every single fucking turn to the fullest only to throw out all his cards at once at the very last second. Really, there's no reason to do this. He was playing the most brain-dead net-deck there is, why would anyone (besides some sad evil assholes) feel the need to not only play it in Casual, but also waste everybody's time by just not giving a fuck and intentionally stalling to the fullest with just the intent of annoying the fuck out of your opponent. And why the fuck in casual? Even if you get your opponent to concede by being a complete asshole to him, you just won nothing. You didn't gain rank, you didn't learn anything about the game, you didn't gain nothing. Ugh.

He probably did it for this exact reaction lol. People play casual for quests/gold.

Sandwich

Neo Member

Oh jeez, I ran into one of those guys shortly after I started playing Hearthstone. Thankfully I haven't run into one since then.

I turned it against him though. Because at turn 5, I started doing the same thing to him. Longest match ever but he was probably equally bored at least. I was watching youtube on the second monitor so I was OK with waiting :D

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
He probably did it for this exact reaction lol. People play casual for quests/gold.
But here's the point; The guy doesn't even know my reaction. He can't see me and he probably won't ever see that post. If he enjoys thinking about how he thinks he might have pissed someone of by being an asshole on the internet, he can already do that without actually being an asshole on the internet. I mean, there's trolling and there's 'trolling' as in 'HAHA LOOLOL I'M AN ASSHOLE, I SO FUNNY LOLZ'. The people that do the latter type of 'trolling' and think that that is enjoyable are very probably assholes in real life and probably need some form of mental help.

inky

3 games in a row Malygos and both Auctioneers at the bottom of the deck. Had a terrible match against a priest who got 3 fucking Auctioneers by thought-stealing. Yes game, give them to they guy who has circle of healing and shadow words.

I hate this game!!!!!

I'm an expert

But here's the point; The guy doesn't even know my reaction. He can't see me and he probably won't ever see that post. If he enjoys thinking about how he thinks he might have pissed someone of by being an asshole on the internet, he can already do that without actually being an asshole on the internet. I mean, there's trolling and there's 'trolling' as in 'HAHA LOOLOL I'M AN ASSHOLE, I SO FUNNY LOLZ'. The people that do the latter type of 'trolling' and think that that is enjoyable are very probably assholes in real life and probably need some form of mental help.

It's online gaming.. welcome..? Why can't people do dumb shit for the sake of it? Why does everything need a logical reason? I'm sure you do dumb shit in your life too that others would scratch their heads at. In this case, it actually is completely meaningless dumb shit. You can always quit the game. Sometimes I just quit when someone is playing earnestly but I can see them taking too long to think.. like mouse over my card.. over theirs.. play a card.. wait.. think..mousing around. I'm just like fuck it lol.

FStop7

Banned
Holy shit. I just got Tirion from an arena pack. That's the second legendary I've gotten out of an arena pack in the past few days.

ZealousD

Every time I play Alexstraza against the enemy hero who has 30 hp and then I win the game.

Feels so wrong, and yet feels so right.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
It's online gaming.. welcome..? Why can't people do dumb shit for the sake of it? Why does everything need a logical reason? I'm sure you do dumb shit in your life too that others would scratch their heads at. In this case, it actually is completely meaningless dumb shit. You can always quit the game. Sometimes I just quit when someone is playing earnestly but I can see them taking too long to think.. like mouse over my card.. over theirs.. play a card.. wait.. think..mousing around. I'm just like fuck it lol.
Oh, people can do dumb shit for the sake of it, that's fine. Like building a nonsensical gimmick-deck and testing it in Casual, despite knowing that it isn't really viable at all. Or pulling of a dumb combo and then do the 'Sorry' emote. That's all fine. Intentionally stalling in the Casual mode of a game with the most annoying net-deck in the game with the sole intention to piss other players off isn't 'doing dumb shit', it's 'being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole' and I generally consider such behavior toxic to my enjoyment of a game. I don't want to sit there the whole time, but I also want to be the better man and not concede to people like that. If I concede, they'll only be more of an asshole, because they know it works. It's just all-round toxic behaviour by toxic players and I'd hate to see it grow out of control.

Ashodin

Oh, people can do dumb shit for the sake of it, that's fine. Like building a nonsensical gimmick-deck and testing it in Casual, despite knowing that it isn't really viable at all. Or pulling of a dumb combo and then do the 'Sorry' emote. That's all fine. Intentionally stalling in the Casual mode of a game with the most annoying net-deck in the game with the sole intention to piss other players off isn't 'doing dumb shit', it's 'being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole' and I generally consider such behavior toxic to my enjoyment of a game. I don't want to sit there the whole time, but I also want to be the better man and not concede to people like that. If I concede, they'll only be more of an asshole, because they know it works. It's just all-round toxic behaviour by toxic players and I'd hate to see it grow out of control.

So... are you martyring yourself by playing the entire match?

Oh how I hate the zero skill zoo deck.
I respect losing against someone playing well. But zoo ist just mindless. It shouldn't be that strong.

I'm an expert

Yes but you need to spend cards to gain more cards in other TCG's, whereas Warlock has this ability inherently.

And you need to spend 2 life AND 2 mana in Hearth.. it's totally normal..

bodine1231

I had probably the worst Arena RNG of all time on this Mage. Out of all 30 picks the ONLY creature removal that pops up is 1 frostbolt and 1 flamestrike,thats it. Of course I get dominated 1-3 with the losses not even being close as I play another mage and 2 rogues. Fucking pissed right now.

I'm an expert

Jesus christ you just want to oppose everything do you :b

No it's not the same thing at all.

Dude you are the king of hyperbole. This card is DA MOST BROKEN, this card is OUT OF THIS WORLD FOR A TCG GAME.. is this your first card game? All I'm doing is commenting on what you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom