• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I wish ranked was like that for me. I could use the easy wins.

They take fucking forever every turn tho.

Also, thanks for the weapon. Tirion so OP.

PZIlZYW.png

Man, I was 1 star from 9 and back to 11 now. Time to sleep.

its good to know that my druid deck makes a better deck for the priest than the priest already is.

Can't even play 8/8 taunts without them saving up a mind control and then stealing cards in my deck

Lyng

its good to know that my druid deck makes a better deck for the priest than the priest already is.

Can't even play 8/8 taunts without them saving up a mind control and then stealing cards in my deck

Yeah you really need to bait/force out the MC and shadow word: death before using your biggest guys. Clever trades and som rush on their health is usually the answer.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Been running this (+ Alexstracza at the bottom). Feel free to critique.

The Brawls I jumped up to two because I was running into a ridiculous amount of Handlocks / Zoo decks / works well against midgame Hunters sometimes, but it's probably the card I'm swapping in and out the most.

RnbtdQG.jpg

I know! I just want Hogger to be a hero, is all.
I dunno man, but Brawl is a dead card in a lot of match-ups and when it isn't it can still spectacularly backfire. You could make an argument for running one in your deck (Though I have removed it from my deck entirely due to it backfiring too much), but two is just too much. You really don't want to run out of cards and then draw two Brawls in the next turns. Also; where's the Whirlwinds? They're just so useful in this deck. Use it to buff up Berserker, Execute any enemy, destroy Divine Shields or just to get more value out of your Acolyte. You're probably tempted to keep Blood Knight in your hand just so you can have a counter against one Divine Shield, so it's a dead card in your hand for quite some time. I also can't imagine running Warrior without any Armorsmiths. I run 2, and they have turned the game around for me from 5 health to 5 health 30+ armor a few times now. A Faceless Manipulator might also be worth considering (Copy their Rag, then Slam + Execute, Copy your own Armorsmith + Whirlwind for more armor and more Berserker buff, etc.).

Just got my 3rd 12 win arena run. Got such incredible value cards that all wins were pretty easy bar 2 loses where I drew shockingly and the opponent was super fast.

3 Yetis
2 Water Elementals
3 Fireballs
An Ogre
Flamestrike
a clutch counter-spell
other assorted average to good cards (per AntiGravity's list which I base choices off). It's probably massively olut of date by now though isn't it?

Was too hard to trade well with me (had 2 or 3 heals as well). Makes me feel better about getting rolled 0-3 as a Rogue.

Auskeek

My Hearthstone just crashed while I was playing a game. Sorry guy! I'm a bit ashamed that my iPad runs the game better than my PC.

Kosma

Banned
Feels good to play against someone that had lethal on the board and decided to go for my decoy totem to clear the board, then I top decked lava burst and won the game.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
What class are you playing?
Warrior, which makes it pretty hard to efficiently deal with turn 1 Argent Squire since I pretty much never have something on turn 1 outside of Coin + Armorsmith. I always need to waste two cards on a Squire and pretty much lose my first two or three turns.

dk_

I asked this a couple of pages ago. What can I do with a miracle rogue against zoo? If I'm clearing the board with my spells I don't have anything left for my auctioneer. If I don't I'm dead before I can play my auctioneer.

UGH. Decided to make some gimmicky deck and try it out in Casual and ran into this Warlock running standard Zoolock, but waited every single fucking turn to the fullest only to throw out all his cards at once at the very last second. Really, there's no reason to do this. He was playing the most brain-dead net-deck there is, why would anyone (besides some sad evil assholes) feel the need to not only play it in Casual, but also waste everybody's time by just not giving a fuck and intentionally stalling to the fullest with just the intent of annoying the fuck out of your opponent. And why the fuck in casual? Even if you get your opponent to concede by being a complete asshole to him, you just won nothing. You didn't gain rank, you didn't learn anything about the game, you didn't gain nothing. Ugh.

Sometimes I wish I could just punch people in the face through the internet.

If it makes you feel better, yesterday I turned a 2-23 against a Rogue, who was behaving the same way as the person you're talking about, into an 8-0 after I drew Jaraxxus and other lucky cards.

Close to the end they were ending the turns more quickly.

On casual too.

Minsc

Gold Member
This gal is very, very rapidly becoming the most annoying card in Hearthstone. For the last 10+ games, all of my opponents had this in their starting hand, no matter the class.

Put in some Blood Knights? If I knew ~100% of my matches my opponent would throw a squire out, I'd definitely start using them. 6/6 on the second turn is a decent opening.

Kosma

Banned
Argent squire is the best turn 1 card imho, esp if you have something to buff it in turn 2.

Abusive sergeant, totem, wolves...

Card Boy

Banned
Put in some Blood Knights? If I knew ~100% of my matches my opponent would throw a squire out, I'd definitely start using them. 6/6 on the second turn is a decent opening.

They are 400 dust each and epics, not exact easy to get especially for the average user.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
They are 400 dust each and epics, not exact easy to get especially for the average user.

400 dust is not that hard either if you average a pack a day. A week's worth of play, assuming you don't rng a few epics/golds to speed up the dust. I think a lot of people purposely gimp themselves by not disenchanting everything they don't reasonably use. There's no point in having a collector's mentality with this game when you can instantly make any card.

Ikkarus

Argent Squire is great at the start of the game but rapidly loses it's appeal the more you play out the game, I imagine most people mulligan for it for that very reason.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Yo what? I just faced a Miracle Priest who played Shadow Word: Death on his own Sylvanas to steal my Concealed Auctioneer. That's fine and clever, but the Auctioneer then kept Stealth through my next turn. WTF is this shit. I played Conceal, which means that the Stealth should end on my next turn. The effect should still respect its original caster, not reset upon a change of control. That's some wonky shit.

@Minsc: I guess I'll throw out one Faceless Manipulator for the one Blood Knight I have at the moment.

Kosma

Banned
Blizzard should really consider offering some basic starter decks for a fee/gold.

Would be a good starting point for players that feel lost.

Alrus

Blizzard should really consider offering some basic starter decks for a fee/gold.

Would be a good starting point for players that feel lost.

All it takes is five minutes of search on google and they'll find plenty of websites with very helpful deck guides.

Tarazet

Warrior, which makes it pretty hard to efficiently deal with turn 1 Argent Squire since I pretty much never have something on turn 1 outside of Coin + Armorsmith. I always need to waste two cards on a Squire and pretty much lose my first two or three turns.

Armorsmith is a great counter to Argent Squire. At that point you've turned their potential 2-for-1 into a potential 1-for-3. You have to be patient with Control Warrior and realize not everything on the board is an immediate threat.

Kosma

Banned
Im not saying its not possible or anything, just suggesting this would be nice for new players.

Magic has nice decks you can buy to start out with.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Armorsmith is a great counter to Argent Squire. At that point you've turned their potential 2-for-1 into a potential 1-for-3. You have to be patient with Control Warrior and realize not everything on the board is an immediate threat.
Sure, and that's why I mentioned Coin + Armorsmith, but that requires you getting the Coin and an Armorsmith in your opening hand and it still doesn't make Argent Squire less annoying. ;-P

Tarazet

Playing Warlock and getting a Blood Imp and an Argent Squire in the opening hand or mulligan = DREAM COME TRUE.

The best start I ever got as a Warlock against a Druid..

Turn 1 Voidwalker
Turn 2 Demon Fire, blueberry is now a Tazdingo
Turn 3 Shattered Sun Cleric
Turn 4 Demon Fire + Faerie Dragon.. now have a 6/8 Voidwalker, a 3/2 and another 3/2 that can't be nuked.

Keeper of the Grove would have made me sad, but it didn't happen so he was toast.

Ikkarus

I have to say I'm having the enjoyment with my Warrior Control deck, so much synergy and cheap removal in their deck.

My favourite combo has to be putting down Brawl when you only have a Slyvanas on the board and they have 3+ minions on their side, such a win/win combo.

I had to save up so much dust though for those legendaries. :'(

I really enjoy Priest as well, it's just a shame they only start to really kick in from turn 5, at which point you're doing everything you can to survive and draw. Still, Thoughtsteal is pretty much the best card in the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Voidwalker cracks me up every time it gets played. Day9 made a joke about how it reminds him of his ex-girlfriend.. "Why do you call?"

And so now everytime I imagine a new scenario where the Voidwalker is fed up with the person who's calling him. Telemarketer. Inlaws. Whatever.

arimanius

Decided to try that aggro deck that was highlighted on hearthpwn as best as I could with some substitutes. Got all the way to rank 15 which is my highest but now I'm back all the way to 18. Feels bad man loll

scy

Played some games of Miracle Rogue and Zoo.

Man, the bottom of the ladder is a scary place. I got Turn 1 Soulfire'd more than once.

FinKL

As a newcomer, this game is crack. I started watching Trump streams and boy can the game end within a few turns when the right cards drop. Also I wish the game showed you how to use the starting class decks. I mean you go right into a game, I was getting wrecked as a Shaman because I thought to myself "Rockbiter Weapon/Windfury on a high cost minion will let me win the game!" Doesn't help if you can't keep minions out, which I realized after a few losses.

Sandwich

Neo Member
Playing ranked is turning into a real chore. It's not enjoyable at all for me any more.

I control everything and am close to victory and then they start to play those 3-4 legendaries/epics that just turns the game around in an instant and there's little I can do about it because their effects happen as they are played, not on their next turn.

Rogues play Jenkins, then draw him back, then play him again, then draw him back, then play him again. Or buff him to like 14 damage on the second go. Black knight that kills any taunt as a battlecry. The one that lowers my HP to 15, so playing perfectly didn't matter at all in the end. Ragnaros. Ysera.

It's like, I can play seemingly perfectly and get close to winning, but then it's just luck of the draw if the last turns end up as they hoped or not. And that sounds fine in theory right? But I don't enjoy a game where it comes down to luck in the end. There's too much RNG in Hearthstone for me to enjoy the ranked mode. And when their RNG nets them these powerful legendaries and my RNG can't, because I don't have those, then it gets a bit boring.

Arena is fun because it's equal and random but ranked is just 3-4 builds these days and the game devolves into "wonder which of the 4 classes I will play against and wonder who has the most luck with the draw. If I have the most luck, I will win. If he has the most luck, he will win". And I wonder why I bother playing game after game just to.. find out.

/end of pointless rant.

And just for the record, I'm not saying the game is bad or anything. I'm simply saying that I personally find the ranked mode at single digit ranks to be boring. The meta-game in ranked mode has turned it into something boring for me, that's all.

Hope they nerf something for miracle rogues.
Almost as unfun to play against as overall zoo.

Not sure which card though.
I know Gadgetzan is their main trick, but I feel that card is balanced ok.

Violet_0

Banned
I dunno man, but Brawl is a dead card in a lot of match-ups and when it isn't it can still spectacularly backfire. You could make an argument for running one in your deck (Though I have removed it from my deck entirely due to it backfiring too much), but two is just too much.

I disagree with you. I've lost way too many matches to a Brawl or Gorehowl. One should be enough but the card is way too strong to just ignore it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom