• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles X

Ok this is a lot of fun! I can't see where to buy more cards tho??

Edit - I'm still in tutorial with Jaina Proudmore, something to do with it?

Sandwich

Neo Member
All I see is a little person figure which opens my friends menu :S I will finish the tutorial and see if it comes up after that.

Hm, it looks like this:

hearthstone-menu.jpg

Perhaps its invisible until after the tutorial, as you say. I don't remember how it was for me when I did it.

scy

Good god every time I check this thread there is another person that whines about epics/legendaries or rng and is 100% sure they played everything right.

I can't remember the last time I thought that I played a game perfectly. There's usually something I can hindsight think over on whether or not I gave it enough thought.

Good god every time I check this forum there is another person that thinks the "thing he likes" is perfect and is 100% sure nothing about it is imbalanced or can be improved.

There's no doubt that there's things that are imbalanced or could be better. The issue is when the claims are basically "this game is purely pay-to-win" or "RNG determines everything" hyperbole and the entire "discussion" isn't even there.

I understand the need to vent about things (god knows I probably do it a ton to people in Mumble) but I just don't think it's good in the long run to think that getting better at the game is locked outside your control due to RNG or paywalls or whatever.

Twrs

Neo Member
Last 3 arena runs on my main account: 1-3, 2-3, 0-3. First time I ever got 0 wins.

Then I do 3 arena runs on my second account (I play on this when I have a 40g quest on my main that I can't reroll): 7-3, 7-3, 9-3. I do another arena on my main, and I go 2-3. This game is really frustrating some times.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Last 3 arena runs on my main account: 1-3, 2-3, 0-3. First time I ever got 0 wins.

Then I do 3 arena runs on my second account (I play on this when I have a 40g quest on my main that I can't reroll): 7-3, 7-3, 9-3. I do another arena on my main, and I go 2-3. This game is really frustrating some times.

I play well.. I don't play well.. fuck this game..?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
No he said it's frustrating? :)

Shouldn't he be frustrated with............. himself? :3gkjdflkgjfdlkgjio

Anyway, for anyone new, Reynad is streaming ranked:
http://www.twitch.tv/reynad27

He's talking a lot during playing explaining a lot of his moves/mistakes/thinking so it's informative just for that if you want to see how a pro player plays.

sibarraz

Banned
I like collecting the cards, since at the moment I want to had a good variety of them in case that some changes occur in the future.

Also I'm reaching the point where even the rare cards are repeating, so I think that soon I will had enough dust to arm a competitive deck, now I think that I will be fine at 20-17 rank since I still need to know some mechanics and situations before thinking of maybe putting some money

Coincidently, I was outside when I posted that lol

lol.

You reminded me that every guy with an snk reference is a bro for me

I can't remember the last time I thought that I played a game perfectly. There's usually something I can hindsight think over on whether or not I gave it enough thought.

Yeah I always try to reflect on why I lost and how differently I could have played it out. When I win I try to think about the significant moves I played to win and how I could have potentially lost.

sibarraz

Banned
Some things that I had learned this last weeks

1) The importance of the order that you play your cards, I had improved the efficency of my play with that.

2) Always try to left your opponent without minions, no matter how bad they could look at first. I had lost some matches for being too confident with some minions.

3) In the other hand, at tims is for the best to rush your damage to the other hero if you see that is viable to win quick.

I hope that with better cards I could reach higher ranks

I'm back for more judging. Please help me improve my deck :(

Tier 0: Innervate x 2

Tier 1:

Tier 2: Mark of the wild, power of the wild, wrath, acidic swamp ooze, kobold geomancer x 2

Tier 3: Healing touch, harvest golem, ironfur grizzly, shattered sun cleric

Tier 4: Swipe x 2, Defender of Argus, Keeper of the Grove x 2

Tier 5: Nourish, Starfall x 2, Azure Drake, Druid of the Claw x 2

Tier 6: Cairne Bloodhoof, Sunwalker

Tier 7: Ancient of Lore, Ancient of War

Tier 8: Ironbark Protector

Tier 9: Cenarius, Nozdormu

I'm feeling like I should get rid of defender of argus due to the fact that I have so many taunts and he usually is just a stalling measure. Also i'm not sure if nourish is good, sometimes it is amazing and really helps, but I feel like I can't string it together in a good turn with a good minion. I've gotten up to rank 16 but I feel like i'm just missing a few cards before I can make a good run. Any advice appreciated

Also yes, I wish Nozdormu was rag or ysera or mal but he is surprisingly affective and i'm probably not removing him for the time being.

Canon

Banned
Ranked has been easier than Casual so far. Got to rank 20 in a few hours. Lots of close games, though. By close I mean the next turn I would be dead and I had cards that just so happened to add up exactly to the opponent's health, out of pure luck.

Volimar

Reading the thread makes me want to play. Then I play, and I get depressed. Thanks a lot HearthGAF!!!

Is handlock worth playing if you don't have watchers? Or Alexstraza?

I have finally learned not to panic so much at early dmg. Have also learned not to just dump whatever I can afford into the field. Huuuuge difference now.

I have been messing around with a Pally control deck and it feels so good seeing Hunters and Locks out of cards midway thru match knowing I have some hurt still in my hands. Ysera (my only legendary) is a dream (pun intended) in this deck.

Sandwich

Neo Member
Quick question. I have an ipad 2 and hearthstone chugs really badly on it. Does the game run smoothly on newer generation ipad? Is the resolution better as well on retina-generation ipads?

I'm an expert

Quick question. I have an ipad 2 and hearthstone chugs really badly on it. Does the game run smoothly on newer generation ipad? Is the resolution better as well on retina-generation ipads?

are these serious questions =O

Violet_0

Banned
Reading the thread makes me want to play. Then I play, and I get depressed. Thanks a lot HearthGAF!!!

Is handlock worth playing if you don't have watchers? Or Alexstraza?

ancient watcher is stupidly good in handlock deck. Fucking shadowflame

alex is probably not top priority but I just lost another game because of her. When are they going to nerf warlocks (again) anyway?

I'm an expert

Reynad just played handlock for like 3 hours. No Alex, no Sylvanas. 2 frost elementals.

Yep.

splattered

Tried arena again today after finally leveling all classes to 10 ... Used priest and got destroyed by first two players that both used shaman and whatever fine no hard feelings... Then I went up against a paladin and felt that I finally could have the upper hand with 26 health until he dropped an 8 mana dragon that automatically lowered my health to 15. Uhhh what the fuck kind of bullshit card is that?! And it has like 8/8 and draws a card every time he attacks me? Talk about OP!

Shearie

I'm fairly new to the game and card games in general (this is my first) and I was wondering if anybody uses a deck with less than the maximum amount of cards in order to get a higher chance of getting the cards they want?

Is this Reynad a streamer? url?

http://www.twitch.tv/reynad27

I'm fairly new to the game and card games in general (this is my first) and I was wondering if anybody uses a deck with less than the maximum amount of cards in order to get a higher chance of getting the cards they want?

You can't make a deck with less than 30 cards in it. If you try to exit the deck building process when you have, say 25 cards, the game will fill out the five remaining slots automatically.

Decided that while the priest was fun, it wasn't competitive how I was using it, so I looked for something competitive..

Switched to a control pally and went from 20 to 13 in a couple of hours...I'm guessing I'll stall at rank 11 like I have the last two months, but this control pally deck is working really well at the moment. It's much more consistent that other decks I've tried...It can stop aggro which is a big deal, as it also has good later game minions and decent healing.

johnsmith

remember me
How many fucking blizzards can a single mage draft in arena. Jesus fucking christ. I fucking hate mages.

Also shaman are the worst. The overload mechanic just screws me over every time. I don't think I've ever managed more than 3 wins with them.

Violet_0

Banned
they should just ban Leeroy already

Decided that while the priest was fun, it wasn't competitive how I was using it, so I looked for something competitive..

Switched to a control pally and went from 20 to 13 in a couple of hours...I'm guessing I'll stall at rank 11 like I have the last two months, but this control pally deck is working really well at the moment. It's much more consistent that other decks I've tried...It can stop aggro which is a big deal, as it also has good later game minions and decent healing.

hate to burst your bubble but control paladin isn't really competitive in ranked either, at least not in the higher ranks

Bizazedo

He's the least energetic streamer I've ever seen.

I normally enjoy him, I just think he's getting some bad RNG (saw a guy play a wolf rider, tap to draw a card, mortal coil his own wolf rider, and the card he drew was another wolf rider...for the win over Reynad).

I'm an expert

He's using frost eles instead of alex and sylvanas? why?

He explained that he was lacking a strong 6 drop and it's a great card to stall if he needs one more turn to fish for a card. Also that too many people can play around Sylvanas and most games are too do or die by the time Alex can be played. By turn 9 he's either taunting giants to stay alive or going for lethal.

It saved his ass multiple times today.

I normally enjoy him, I just think he's getting some bad RNG (saw a guy play a wolf rider, tap to draw a card, mortal coil his own wolf rider, and the card he drew was another wolf rider...for the win over Reynad).

Happens to everyone. Even he's not immune. Though yeah it sucked. His off the head war is decent now. Want to see Greenskin value.

Permanently A

He explained that he was lacking a strong 6 drop and it's a great card to stall if he needs one more turn to fish for a card. Also that too many people can play around Sylvanas and most games are too do or die by the time Alex can be played. By turn 9 he's either taunting giants to stay alive or going for lethal.

It saved his ass multiple times today.

Happens to everyone. Even he's not immune. Though yeah it sucked. His off the head war is decent now. Want to see Greenskin value.

Interesting! Little new innovations like that really make the meta a fascinating thing.

I'm an expert

Interesting! Little new innovations like that really make the meta a fascinating thing.

You can see his Mtg experience shine through with his thought process on his card picks and plays. He makes cards people ignore shine, and actually explains why. He definitely gives up too quickly though when rng doesn't to his way. One clear time he had his finger on the concede button, came back, and won easily.

they should just ban Leeroy already

hate to burst your bubble but control paladin isn't really competitive in ranked either, at least not in the higher ranks

I'm just trying to beat my personal best of rank 11. The person who created the deck said they took it from 5 to legendary last season, but my sights aren't that high.

Bizazedo

Poor Paladins. He used Follow de Rules followed by Kodo to clear my board. Then he played Tirion his next turn and a token (had another token already). I had no minions.

So I brawled. His Token was the only one left, but he now had a 5/3 weapon. I then immediately played Harrison for the destroy weapon / 3 card draw.

He conceded immediately. Buff Pallies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom