• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
a priest-only streamer got to rank #3 in NA yesterday so they are not completely terrible. You just have to be really really good at this game!

Cystm

iPoRQNUtBgUD1.png

Let the hate flow through you.

FStop7

Banned
That looks like a deck where you'll spend most of your time staring at a hand full of spells while your face is pummeled.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That looks like a deck where you'll spend most of your time staring at a hand full of spells while your face is pummeled.

My favorite part is that the only thing available to activate the ancient watchers is two silences. At least put a sunfury in there, geez.

Yondy604

Banned
I simply cant win today, it's crazy.

Hand lock
Murlock
Zoo
Druid control
Druid Control/rush
Mage Control

I simply can't win, it's fucking crazy.

My mage secrets deck is doing pretty well. Mirror entity and counterspell are very good secrets imo, especially when I get to cast them for free due to kirin tor mage. They slow decks down, even miracle, to get a high value flamestrike or to use pyroblast as a finisher.

My best openers so far was a turn 2 doomsayer (killed 1 minion and stalled) then I played a mana wyrm, coin, kirin tor mage, mirror entity on turn 3. By turn 4 I had gotten a free harvest golem and 4 mana still for my water elemental.

Later I used AI to get me counterspell and countered his board sweeper.

Anyway:

2 mana wyrm
2 arcane explosion
2 frostbolt
1 doomsayer
2 loot hoarder
2 arcane intellect
2 counterspell
2 mirror entity
2 earthen ring farseer (using on water elemental is amazing, or face vs aggro)
2 kirin tor mage
2 fireball
2 ethereal arcanist
2 water elemental
2 azure drake (thinking about replacing 1 with thalnos bloodmage for a chance at early arcane explosion for 2 damage for zoolock)
2 flamestrike
1 pyroblast

0 legendary mage deck, pretty fun.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
I said I'd get to this and I had the time this morning for the Draft. Not sure when I'll get to the games but I'll do those in PMs later if you want me to and just to avoid cluttering the thread with probably a huge post since it'll be a similar turn-by-turn format since I apparently like doing it that way.

Thanks for all that feedback, scy. I know it takes a lot of time to write all that up. I really appreciate the help.

I'm really not super familiar with high level Rogue play. I usually play Warrior in ranked and my only exposure to Rogue is some casual matches and what I see others doing with it on the ladder. I was under the impression stuff like Cold Blood was part of the Rogue staple. I was picking some Fan of Knives to get some card draw. Same with Sprint. I've been watching some Hafu streaming lately to try to help my arena play and I've seen her emphasize going for card draw when it's available since you don't know what you'll get. I know a lot of my arena matches have fallen apart when I've burned through my cards and I'm just top decking everything so I've tried to be better about getting more draw into my arena decks.

That said, I've taken your pointers into consideration and done a lot of arena play the last few days and I seem to be doing a little better. I'm still not doing quite as well as I'd like, but my arena win average is roughly the same as global averages according to HearthStats. I think another part of my problem is playing really late and possibly making stupid mistakes because I'm tired. This became evident last night when I was playing a Mage who got Antonidas out and was pelting me and everything I could get on the board with fireballs. It wasn't until the turn before she had fatal I realized I had brawl in my hand the whole time and probably could have gotten rid of it. I've noticed my really bad runs usually seem to come late at night so I'm thinking I'm making a lot of stupid mistakes staying up late tired and playing. I've been recording my arena runs so I can go back and realize where I made bad plays so hopefully I can learn from them. Anyway, thanks for the advice there though. It really does help.

With my better Arena runs the last few days I'm actually starting to enjoy it more. Before it felt like a necessary evil and I probably lost some good arena experience when I would get fed up and just buy packs instead of arena passes with my gold. My best run is still just 9 wins and that came when I first started playing arena. I'm not sure why it seemed like I was doing better in the beginning than I am now, but oh well, I hope I'm on the road to recovery.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm determined to get a Paladin secret deck to work. People are so confused when a secret that isn't 'get down' is revealed.

Redemption is amazing if you have a lot of minions with Divine Shield or Deathrattles. Scarlet Crusader, Harvest Golem, Argent Commander, Cairne, Sylvanas, Tirion Fordring... oh yes. Soo good.

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it would also be funny if you went double secret and brought a Defender back to life, just so you could finally attack with it.

Triz

So I crafted a lore walker cho because I have all the must have legendaries and I had never seen him played. I stuck him in my shaman deck and have had good success so far. The pause from all players is worth the crafting. They just don't know how to react to it and getting the spell cards has been great.

Ennoia

Banned
The missing 5 is the 5 legendaries in the row above, though I still think it's fake.

edit: and even if real, the information is flowing from english -> chinese -> english via an illegal gold boosting site so misinformation is likely.

I am Chinese and I can confirm this freaking picture's full version is a god damn GOLD FARMER transaction propaganda poster.

No I won't post the full version here, it will got me banned for propagate gold farming.

How do you get different card backs? I would have really liked the pandaria one but missed it because I didn't play this on computer. What do you have to do to win those different colors?

New002

Just downloaded this. Played through the tutorial and unlocked two or three masters or whatever. I'm enjoying the game so far and am trying to decide if I want to stick with it or not, because if I do stick with it I know I'm going to want to go all out and I'll get sucked in @_@.

How do you get different card backs? I would have really liked the pandaria one but missed it because I didn't play this on computer. What do you have to do to win those different colors?

Pandaria back was a reward for hitting Rank 20 in the previous season (the month of April). If you get Rank 20 by the end of the month, you get this card back:

There's also a card back you can get by playing other people who are on the same network as you: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/fireside-gatherings/

br3wnor

Just downloaded this. Played through the tutorial and unlocked two or three masters or whatever. I'm enjoying the game so far and am trying to decide if I want to stick with it or not, because if I do stick with it I know I'm going to want to go all out and I'll get sucked in @_@.

Stick with it.

Even if you just play it casually, it's a blast. Best RNG online card game on the market, by far

This happened to me...

I avoided it from the very start, knowing that I'd probably get hooked, but then Blizz had to go and give a mount reward for playing a few games..

Heel

In a game where my opponent is hovering a card to play over the board and not getting timed out. He's emoting and everything. What the hell?

Sickbean

When you say you think I hate pretty much every deck in the current meta, do you mean that the current meta is primarily Zoolock, Handlock, ThoughtPriest, StallMage and Traphunter? Because in my experience, it really isn't. Oh yes, Zoolock and Handlock, but I think we can pretty much all agree here that Zoolock is a brain-dead deck. So let's assume that the current meta is Ramp Druid, Miracle Rogue, Control Warrior, Zoolock and Handlock. I 'hate' two out of the five decks in the 'meta', and one of those two is pretty universally seen as a not-fun deck. And again; it isn't even about the 'meta' for me or viability or strength or 'OP! OP!', the decks I listed are just no fun to play against, no more, no less. I don't mind Ramp Druid, I don't mind Control Warrior, I don't mind Miracle Rogue, I don't mind Aggro Hunter, I don't mind Aggro Paladin, I don't mind Tempo Rogue, I don't mind Token Druid, I don't mind Overload Shaman, I don't mind Control Paladin, I don't mind Burst Shaman, I don't mind Spellpower Mage, I don't mind Shadow Priest, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. I still lose to plenty of those decks, sometimes even get crushed, but they're still fun to play against because at their core, those decks are about playing the right card at the right time.

Your words, not mine. It technically doesn't take 'skill' to play a turn one Yeti, but it does require going second to get the Coin and getting both an Innervate an a Yeti in your starting hand, and sometimes you might want to do Coin + Wild Growth instead for long-term gain or keep your Innervate for something else (like the turn 4 AoW). There is a 'play' involved and a turn 1 Yeti isn't impossible to beat. Miracle Rogue is all about management; what cards do you use to deal with the opponent's threats? You want to deal with them as efficiently as possible, but at the same time want to keep certain cards in your hand for bigger threats or combo's, so again, there's definitely 'play' here. Warrior don't do shit if you don't play the cards right, even with a perfect starting hand, legendaries or not.

Three of the decks I listed are not prevalent in the meta and thus do not warrant constructing a deck for to specifically counter them, nor is it even possible to build a deck that counters those three specific decks and if it was that deck wouldn't be viable against much else. And again; this isn't about the meta or losing to these decks or encountering a bunch of them or saying that they're OP; all I'm saying is that they are severely annoying decks. Why you keep dragging in the 'meta' is a bit unclear to me.

There is a point in venting over these decks: venting. I find them annoying and get frustrated by them, so I vent my frustration. That's all there is to it. I'm not complaining that they're OP, I'm not claiming that they're a big part of the meta, I'm not claiming that I encounter them all the time, I'm not calling for a nerf. I'm just venting my frustration over what I think are boring and annoying decks to play against. That's all. You bring in all this 'meta' talk ('you just hate the meta','no use in complaining because they're moving out of the meta','you just need to play around the meta','the other decks in the meta are boring as well'), not me.

If it's so brain dead then how am I able to lose so often playing it eh???

Visceir

I like Injured Blademaster+Circle Of Healing start for priest. 4/7 for 3 mana. Even better if you can follow it up with Divine Spirit and Inner fire the next turn.

Also rather like Auchenai Soulpriest+Circle Of Healing area 4 area damage.

CoolOff

WTF?

I'm no arena master but that looks like a pretty good deck?

I never saw my SI Agent for example, and it doesn't really have a lot of removal. One Backstab, no Evisc, no Assassinate just don't work against Druids. Top three cards not showing are Kidnapper, Sunwalker, Sprint.

Tash

My mage secrets deck is doing pretty well. Mirror entity and counterspell are very good secrets imo, especially when I get to cast them for free due to kirin tor mage. They slow decks down, even miracle, to get a high value flamestrike or to use pyroblast as a finisher.

My best openers so far was a turn 2 doomsayer (killed 1 minion and stalled) then I played a mana wyrm, coin, kirin tor mage, mirror entity on turn 3. By turn 4 I had gotten a free harvest golem and 4 mana still for my water elemental.

Later I used AI to get me counterspell and countered his board sweeper.

Anyway:

2 mana wyrm
2 arcane explosion
2 frostbolt
1 doomsayer
2 loot hoarder
2 arcane intellect
2 counterspell
2 mirror entity
2 earthen ring farseer (using on water elemental is amazing, or face vs aggro)
2 kirin tor mage
2 fireball
2 ethereal arcanist
2 water elemental
2 azure drake (thinking about replacing 1 with thalnos bloodmage for a chance at early arcane explosion for 2 damage for zoolock)
2 flamestrike
1 pyroblast

0 legendary mage deck, pretty fun.

Are you playing on Euro Servers? Was playing a Mage a few days ago who pissed me off with an insane amount of secrets. Was a pretty close call until he ended my mage with a pyroblast -.-

Actually, just realized, wasn't you since the Mage I played against had 2 of each mage secrets. Was a freaking pain to play against -.-

Also, got totally destroyed at rank 14 by a Zoolock. I was dead by round 5 thanks to a horrible hand. First real experience against one of those guys..

Zeliard

What is it that triggers getting unlimited quest rerolls? I've played a couple times late at night and it's happened twice. Is it just something that happens at a certain point before the daily rerolls reset? Quite a useful bug if that's what it is.

Aylinato

What it is that triggers getting unlimited quest rerolls? I've played a couple times late at night and it's happened twice. Is it just something that happens at a certain point before the daily rerolls reset? Quite a useful bug if that's what it is.

It's never happened to me. So idk

MrDenny

What it is that triggers getting unlimited quest rerolls? I've played a couple times late at night and it's happened twice. Is it just something that happens at a certain point before the daily rerolls reset? Quite a useful bug if that's what it is.
I believe you can reroll quests infinitely between 1:00-1:59 am pacific time, has work for me every time so far.
At 2:00 am you get your new daily quest and can only reroll once.
Also the 100 gold quest has a cool time of about 4 days I think.

I've been winning a lot and having tons of fun with a Shaman deck I built, but damn Warlocks... I always feel like I need to start with some good spells or I'm screwed.

Zeliard

I believe you can reroll quests infinitely between 1:00-1:59 am pacific time, has work for me every time so far.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member

Yep, basically this. Except I think it's a two hour block. It's always between 1:00 am and 3:00 am Mountain time for me. You can reroll unlimited times between then. At 3:00 am you get the new quest for the day.

Twrs

Neo Member
What is it that triggers getting unlimited quest rerolls? I've played a couple times late at night and it's happened twice. Is it just something that happens at a certain point before the daily rerolls reset? Quite a useful bug if that's what it is.

I get unlimited resets everyday 1am-5am EST. As soon as 5am hits you get the new quest and one reset.

MrDenny

Yep, basically this. Except I think it's a two hour block. It's always between 1:00 am and 3:00 am Mountain time for me. You can reroll unlimited times between then. At 3:00 am you get the new quest for the day.

I get unlimited resets everyday 1am-5am EST. As soon as 5am hits you get the new quest and one reset.

So I'm assuming the infinite reset starts at 1:00 am no matter where you live in north america.
And then ends until the daily quest is initiated in your time zone 2:00am pst/3:00am cst/5:00am est

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
So I'm assuming the infinite reset starts at 1:00 am no matter where you live in north america.
And then ends until the daily quest is initiated in your time zone 2:00am pst/3:00am cst/5:00am est

That must be it. Weird. 1am your time zone and then it ends with the new quest at 2am pst where Blizzard's at.

Love playing Hungry Crab or Blood Knight.

They aren't very strong because you can't really use them very often, but if you can, they are quite fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom