• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont' know if you're serious or not, but those kinds of combos are terrible to go for. It's like those bad players who try to build up giant lightwells against you as a priest. Um, nice lightwell... here's a silence for that.

Well, the shadow forms would be used early game and mid game, to get you to double shadow form-form, so you could at the very least pull off the Veden+hero power at turn 9 (or 8 with coin, or 7 at coin with a pint-sized summoner in place the turn before).

IF that Veden were to survive, and you had a faceless manipulator, then you're pretty much guaranteed a win.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Well, the shadow forms would be used early game and mid game, to get you to double shadow form-form, so you could at the very least pull off the Veden+hero power at turn 9 (or 8 with coin, or 7 at coin with a pint-sized summoner in place the turn before).

IF that Veden were to survive, and you had a faceless manipulator, then you're pretty much guaranteed a win.

Shit like that happens all the time. I Sylvanas their Ysera, faceless it, drop my own.. I have 3 Ysera!! Didn't "plan" for it, but there ya go. I'm sure you'd get to pull that off once every 10 games. And each time would be awesome.

krossj

I just came up against a druid who played Innervate on the first turn and Alarm-o-bot for the next four turns (they had the mana card for the second turn). By turn five they had Ragnaros, Ancient of Lore and an Ironbark Protector on the board... I'm terrible at this game. On a side note I thought you could only have a max of two of any card in your deck? Does this not apply to Alarm-o-bot or am I just mistaken?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Alarm-o-bot goes back to their hand when it switches out for another card.

He's been playing the same Alarm-o-bot over and over again.

krossj

Alarm-o-bot goes back to their hand when it switches out for another card.

He's been playing the same Alarm-o-bot over and over again.

Oh right, I had nothing I could do about it as Ragnaros always targeted my minion... I thought I was getting better but holy shit I think I am just getting worse.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh right, I had nothing I could do about it as Ragnaros always targeted my minion... I thought I was getting better but holy shit I think I am just getting worse.

No, no, you got your face bashed in by a lucky gimmick. This is a fringe occurrence, don't worry about it.

chris-013

I just had a funny game (Priest vs Warlock) !

I copied 2 Faceless and 1 Argus with Thoughtsteal and Mind Vision early in the game.
Near the end he used Alexstrasza, I faceless it then killed their with Shadow Word: Death. Next turn he drop Ragnaros, his attack missed my Alexstrasza so I used 2xDivine spirit + Inner Fire on it... boom Alexstrasza with 32/32 :D

I'm convinced that playing Shaman is so awesome. I don't have any fancy tricks, I just ruin everyone else's fun by Earth Shock, Hex, always rolling 3 damage on Lightning Storm, etc. It is like Shaman are just meant to be spoil sports.

Special C

I pulled Grommash and Gorehowl in the same pack so decided to throw together a warrior deck. Any obvious improvements?

hNe3MXn.png

ZZMitch

I'm convinced that playing Shaman is so awesome. I don't have any fancy tricks, I just ruin everyone else's fun by Earth Shock, Hex, always rolling 3 damage on Lightning Storm, etc. It is like Shaman are just meant to be spoil sports.

When I first started playing Hearthstone I was so bad with Shaman. Now it is my favorite class. I am pretty convinced at this point that it is the premier control class. Answers everywhere!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I pulled Grommash and Gorehowl in the same pack so decided to throw together a warrior deck. Any obvious improvements?

http://i.imgur.com/hNe3MXn.png[/ghhjIMG][/QUOTE]

The deck you're going for would go better with two arcanites. Also I don't think you'll get far with out executes and one of the slams. You'll probably get more value from argents than spiteful..

I swear, 9/10 miracle rogues I faced today all have gadgetzan, prep, and conceal on turn 5 or 6. Then they proceed to draw 10-15 cards over the next couple turns, dropping a second auctioneer if necessary.

I swear, 9/10 miracle rogues I faced today all have gadgetzan, prep, and conceal on turn 5 or 6. Then they proceed to draw 10-15 cards over the next couple turns, dropping a second auctioneer if necessary.
Yeah, it's a stupid deck.

I just try to keep myself an aoe to kill that stealthed gadgetzan.
If RNG gives it to me early on, I get the leg up.
Although they usually spam Leeroy x 2-3 right after.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I made it to L9 -- I'm really damn proud. My deck is so swingy based on whether I get the coin or not though. If I get a Mana Wyrm out Turn 1, and then Turn 2 follow up with Coin, Kirin Tor Mage, and Spellbender/Counterspell Turn 2 it's damn near unstoppable. Last game I continued that setup with Counterspell Turn 3 and Ethereal Arcanist Turn 4. It was disgusting.

But at the same time especially without the Coin I sometimes just can't hold down the fort against super-fast decks.

Ashodin

I thought Zoo eats Paladin in most cases? I never play Pally except to roll through some quests so I have no firsthand experience.

If you play with mostly their spell damage stuff, you can blow through their low HP targets with ease, and set up a late-game win.

Alrus

I thought Zoo eats Paladin in most cases? I never play Pally except to roll through some quests so I have no firsthand experience.

Afaik, Zoo decks rely on tons of small health minions flooding the deck. Most can get taken out with the usual board clearing spells. If you manage to hold your own until late game, zoo decks are often helpless.

Not sure whats going on, but almost all of my casual matches are vs people with multiple legendary drops, and while I put up a good fight, Its just taking forever to get these 60gold quest done now.

Harrison Jones, Alexstrasza, Hogger, then Cenarius vs a druid I just played for example.

Maybe I'm just not used to it yet.. but I've been playing for a few months now and it feels like it spiked recently with the amount of legendary drops I've been running into.

Afaik, Zoo decks rely on tons of small health minions flooding the deck. Most can get taken out with the usual board clearing spells. If you manage to hold your own until late game, zoo decks are often helpless.
plus most paladin decks have tons of healing. so you actually need to do like 40-50 damage over the course of 10 turns.

Ri'Orius

Not sure whats going on, but almost all of my casual matches are vs people with multiple legendary drops, and while I put up a good fight, Its just taking forever to get these 60gold quest done now.

Harrison Jones, Alexstrasza, Hogger, then Cenarius vs a druid I just played for example.

Maybe I'm just not used to it yet.. but I've been playing for a few months now and it feels like it spiked recently with the amount of legendary drops I've been running into.

My understanding is that ranked is actually less ridiculous than casual. In ranked, you'll be put up against people with similar records, so you'll eventually balance out at a 50/50 record. In casual, you're put up against anyone playing casual, including the ridiculous Legend-level players who're trying out a new deck off-ladder.

Alrus

I must say, I still hate playing against Hunter even after the nerf. And I can't help but feel that Hunter's Mark is complete bullshit for a 0 cost card.

Haunted

When I first started playing Hearthstone I was so bad with Shaman. Now it is my favorite class. I am pretty convinced at this point that it is the premier control class. Answers everywhere!
my man

Once Paladin gets some hard removal it might become my favourite class, but I'm rocking Shaman for now.

Shaman > Paladin > Druid > filthy rush peasants

Water

About 2 weeks of Hearthstone played now. Today I concluded my 24th Arena run and finished 12-1, new record, my previous best was 10-3. Got 330g and a giant that is actually only my 4th epic card. Here's the imba noskill lucker deck.

This is our arena, scrub.
2x Backstab
1x Betrayal
2x Eviscerate
1x Shiv
1x Amani Berserker
1x Defias Ringleader
1x Mad Bomber
1x Youthful Brewmaster
1x Perdition's Blade
2x Imp Master
1x Mind Control Tech
1x Raid Leader
1x Shattered Sun Cleric
1x SI:7 Agent
1x Chillwind Yeti
1x Cult Master
1x Defender of Argus
1x Gnomish Inventor
1x Master of Disguise
1x Assassin's Blade
2x Assassinate
1x Azure Drake
1x Stampeding Kodo
1x Boulderfist Ogre
1x Reckless Rocketeer
1x Stormwind Champion

Jhriad

Here is a quick list of the Hearthstone Best Arena Class by Tier for the month of February:

Tier 1 – Paladin, Mage

Tier 2 – Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Druid

Tier 3 – Warlock, Warrior, Priest

Give Arena another shot and Tier 3 are the class choices I get. Joy.

Bizazedo

Just played a Zoo lock at Rank 11. I played an Abomination on Turn 4 w/coin when he had out a Voidwalker that I slammed to 1/1 earlier, an argent squire without her shield (1/1), and an Abusive Sergeant.

He soulfires the Abom instead of just running his creatures into it, losing a Doomguard in the process.

/baffled

johnsmith

remember me
Damn it. Drafted a near perfect arena priest deck, was sure I'd be able to do really good with it, but only got 5 wins. But the games I did win I I was healing and drawing like nobody's business. I passed on the one circle of healing I was offered though, and that was definitely a mistake.

How my arena seems to go:

Do you have a Ragnaros? Yes >> 6+ wins guaranteed. No>> Anything goes unless...
Does my opponent have a Ragnaros? Yes>> Sorry chump

Just played a Zoo lock at Rank 11. I played an Abomination on Turn 4 w/coin when he had out a Voidwalker that I slammed to 1/1 earlier, an argent squire without her shield (1/1), and an Abusive Sergeant.

He soulfires the Abom instead of just running his creatures into it, losing a Doomguard in the process.

/baffled

He has a chance to get Doomguard back, since he probably has 2 in his deck. Zoolocks want to have a lot of minions on the board to chip away at the opponent's health. Defender of Argus can turn them into taunts as well.

Who ended up winning the match?

scy

He has a chance to get Doomguard back, since he probably has 2 in his deck. Zoolocks want to have a lot of minions on the board to chip away at the opponent's health. Defender of Argus can turn them into taunts as well.

Who ended up winning the match?

Sure but ... Abomination kills them all either way. So both plays end up with an empty board but one involves losing a Soulfire and Doomguard.

Sure but ... Abomination kills them all either way. So both plays end up with an empty board but one involves losing a Soulfire and Doomguard.

If it was me, I'd use my minions to kills the Abomination, then play Doomguard onto an empty board and go 5 to the face. The opponent would have to deal with a 5/7 at the start of his turn.

Volimar

Holy cow! Just had an amazing run and now I'm rank 10! Woohoo!

Finally lost to a paladin deck from a player named Seraph. I was dead anyway, so summoned leeroy and his juggler took him out. Every time, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom