• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandwich

Neo Member
Yey, got to rank 5. I've had a winning streak ever since rank 8 with my paladin deck. But when I won the first game after reaching rank 5, I only got 1 star. Googled it and found that winning streaks aren't involved in rank 5 and below.

Oh well, that makes sense. I guess I'll just have to hunker down and work harder from now on :D

Haunted

Not sure if you guys have seen those but they are pretty spot on :p
(I apologize if it's old)

GoT hearthstone cards.
ha!

ykyDgfS.gif

Opiate

Speaking of miracle rogue, I had a turn 3 coin + prep + sap + backstasb + deadly poison + van cleef to produce a 12/12 on turn 3 a few days ago. That was fun.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Someone should make some cards of NeoGAFfers. Like this:

Bish
10 Mana
6 / 6
Battlecry: Destroy an enemy minion.

Ntkrnl
8 Mana
10 / 10
Charge. Dies at the end of your turn.

EDIT; Man, I hate to whine again, but it really does seem as if Rank 12 is a brick wall, at least for me. I finally dipped into Rank 11, and now I had a weird Zoolock rush me down who ran Bane of Doom, got a 6/6 from it and used Soul Siphon on turn 7 to kill my Acolyte, the only minion I had on the board at that time. After that I got burst down from 31 health in two turns vs. a Miracle Rogue despite being in control the entire game and having killed both his Gadgetzans and just now I lost to a Priest for the sole reason of him Thoughtstealing my Armorsmith and me not being able to deal with it due to him healing it all the time with a Northshire Clerick up. Whelp, I guess I'll just have to hit that brick wall harder. Maybe I'll eventually get through.

Szadek

Speaking of miracle rogue, I had a turn 3 coin + prep + sap + backstasb + deadly poison + van cleef to produce a 12/12 on turn 3 a few days ago. That was fun.
That's usually not recommended.If the other players has hard removal,or even silent you are in trouble.

Yeah, I don't think I'd ever play a huge Van Cleef without being able to protect it. You play your whole hand for a huge gamble. Granted, that is the whole point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's the dream.

You can't reach your dream if you don't believe.

FStop7

Banned
Coin + Deadly Poison + Bloodsail Raider + Prep + Cold Blood + Prep + Cold Blood = leave your opponent speechless on turn 3

Rogue is an awesome class when you're not just trying to hold on long enough to draw Auctioneer.

inky

Yeah it's definitely a gamble. I pulled it off in Arena vs. someone running a Paladin deck and he hadn't yet drawn anything that could neutralize it. Avast!

I hate people like you who do that shit :p

I think I just posted about the guy who double Blessing of Kings'd a Thrallmar Farseer and I couldn't kill it because he had a 3/3 taunt up and I only had a 2 dmg weapon =(

I'm still not over how bullshit that felt.

sibarraz

Banned
I need help to build a cheap rogue deck with edwin mcleef or whatever his name is

I already had him, 2 backstab, 2 si-7, and the other common rogue cards

Haly

I need help to build a cheap rogue deck with edwin mcleef or whatever his name is

I already had him, 2 backstab, 2 si-7, and the other common rogue cards

Here's a standard Miracle decklist.

Miracle_Rogue.jpg

You can make a lot of replacements with other cheaper/neutral cards:
Thalnos replaced with Kobold Geomancer or Novice Engineer
Leeroy replaced with Arcane Golem
Azure Drake replaced with some generic 4-5 drop

However, the things you absolutely can't do without are:
Gadgetzan Auctioneer
Preparation (at least 1)
Conceal
Shadowstep

Note that every substitution you make to a Miracle deck has a drastic effect on its viability. VanCleef is, for all intents and purposes, more easily substituted than Leeroy.

sibarraz

Banned
Here's a standard Miracle decklist.

Miracle_Rogue.jpg

You can make a lot of replacements with other cheaper/neutral cards:
Thalnos replaced with Kobold Geomancer or Novice Engineer
Leeroy replaced with Arcane Golem
Azure Drake replaced with some generic 4-5 drop

However, the things you absolutely can't do without are:
Gadgetzan Auctioneer
Preparation (at least 1)
Conceal
Shadowstep

Note that every substitution you make to a Miracle deck has a drastic effect on its viability. VanCleef is, for all intents and purposes, more easily substituted than Leeroy.

Well, thanks, I will see what can I do it with what I had in hand

Aylinato

Zoowarlock is fun. Going for the face from the first turn is more fun then trying to stay alive the entire game. I've already got to rank 10 twice now. Hehehe.

desku

Speaking of Miracle Rogue, is it worth even attempting to play it if you have everything apart from Van Cleef?

Or should I not bother?

Speaking of Miracle Rogue, is it worth even attempting to play it if you have everything apart from Van Cleef?

Or should I not bother?

I don't think you need VC. Most of the time I don't see him used. There are also different miracle builds, like at least 3 or maybe even 4 now. Some rely on assassin's blade, questing adventurer, van cleef, malygos, mana addict, etc.

FStop7

Banned
I often use Edwin as bait to get my opponent to spend his hard removals when in reality I'm planning to buff Auctioneer or the SI:7 Agents ( or Mana Addicts) into damage monsters.

That said, he's very useful in a variety of Rogue decks. Not just Miracle. Just remember the more you buff him the bigger a removal target he is and the more spells you'll have thrown down the toilet. I rarely take him higher than 6/6.

Haly

Or should I not bother?

Like I implied earlier, VanCleef is actually the most replaceable Legendary in Miracles. You can get very far with a VanCleefless Miracle Rogue deck.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member

Or should I not bother?
I think Questing Adventurer is actually better in Miracle Rogue. VanCleef can be combo'd like crazy for a massive early game minion, but that generally means playing out cards for just buffing up VanCleef, and that is a prime example of putting all your eggs in one basket and it will lose you some games. Questing Adventurer on the other hand does not require you to instantly play cards as you can just buff him over time by playing as you normally would. Turn 3 QE + Coin + Conceal = 4/4 minion. Play more cards to heal/buff him, then when you get your Gadgetzan and QE is still up, you've pretty much won the game.

Special C

What are the most expensive cards for Miracle Rogue other than Van Cleef? Are there decent Common/Rare substitutes for the Epics/Legendaries? My packs have not been kind to Rogue.

Haly

What are the most expensive cards for Miracle Rogue other than Van Cleef? Are there decent Common/Rare substitutes for the Epics/Legendaries? My packs have not been kind to Rogue.

Leeroy
Preparation
Gadgetzan Auctioneer
SI:7 Agent

inky

Oh, I see LiquidHearth put Rogue at #1 in their May power rankings.

Welp, sayonara Miracles.

Interesting that they put Warlock relatively low. A case of "good for leveling, not so good at the top?". Or is it Zoo/Lock fatigue together with Hunter nerf? I've definitely seen more Rogues overall even at my low rank, which usually means top streamers are doing good with them.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Leeroy really. Thalnos isn't essential. You could put in uh.. argents instead lol..

Haly

Interesting that they put Warlock relatively low. A case of "good for leveling, not so good at the top?"

The list was written before the UTH change, actually, so it might soon be outdated. Warlock's biggest enemy in Ladder was Hunter, because you really don't want to Lifetap against them, anymore than you want to summon totems against them.

chris-013

I have only played about 12 days so far but I really like the game. One probleme I have is the arena... I think I did 5 runs :

1st : 0-3 Rogue
2nd : 3-0 ! then 3-3... Druid
3rd : 0-3 Warrior 0 AOE, 0 Weapon :/
4th : 0-3 Priest
5th : 0-2 => 2-2 => 2-3 Rogue

It seems Mage is my worst matchup, I never win against them.

What's the best class to choose when you do an arena run ?

Edit :

Here is a quick list of the Hearthstone Best Arena Class by Tier for the month of February:

Tier 1 – Paladin, Mage

Tier 2 – Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Druid

Tier 3 – Warlock, Warrior, Priest

A few things to consider:

Paladin and Mage continue to lord over other classes in Arena play.
All Tier 2 classes are relatively equal in effectiveness, though they are ranked in order of most consistent to least.
Rogue and Hunter are both equally good, however, Hunter still requires some luck in card drafting to be great.
Warlock, Warrior, and Priest requires the most luck when drafting, which is why they are all tier 3 on this list. It is still very possible to get 12 wins with these classes, as it is with the other classes above it. Draft well, make the most efficient decisions with your cards, get lucky, and you will eventually get 12 wins with any class you play.
Ultimately, any of the classes can get 12 wins regardless of tier. Some will take more lucky drafts to get there than others. However, if you follow this tier guide and choose the better class for the current meta you will have more consistent results.

This information is based on my personal experience from playing, watching good streamers, and reading comments from the top players on the Hearthstone forums throughout each month. If you find yourself unable to figure out which hero to choose at the beginning of Arena, then you may want to consider the tier list above.

Damn I wasted so much free gold...

Haly

Paladin > Mage > Druid > Shaman > Rogue > Hunter

I'd avoid Rogue because it's hard to play. Some people like scy say it is easy but scy is too shady to be trusted.

FStop7

Banned

Most expensive: Leeroy, Bloodmage Thalnos, Edwin 1600 dust each

Preparation x2 at 400 each also kinda hurts but Prep is invaluable to the class so it's worth it

The Wild Pyro Burstdown variant only has one legendary (Leeroy)

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/51268-burstdown-wild-pyro-variant

Here is a budget Burstdown Miracle with zero legendaries:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/44557-budget-burstdown-miracle

Free_Gold is always on Twitch experimenting with new decks.

My Miracle rogue also contains 2 arcane golems. They are great cards even if you have Leeroy since they are more mana efficient, though slightly less damage. Great mid-game finishers.

Zoo lock is very common atm and kinda sucks cause the deck I feel like playing on ladder is not so hot vs them and I haven't figured out how I can do it without changing too much. Oh well, I win some of them though.

inky

The list was written before the UTH change, actually, so it might soon be outdated. Warlock's biggest enemy in Ladder was Hunter, because you really don't want to Lifetap against them, anymore than you want to summon totems against them.

Oh, that makes sense.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I have only played about 12 days so far but I really like the game. One probleme I have is the arena... I think I did 5 runs :

1st : 0-3 Rogue
2nd : 3-0 ! then 3-3... Druid
3rd : 0-3 Warrior 0 AOE, 0 Weapon :/
4th : 0-3 Priest
5th : 0-2 => 2-2 => 2-3 Rogue

It seems Mage is my worst matchup, I never win against them.

What's the best class to choose when you do an arena run ?

Edit :

Damn I wasted so much free gold...

I still think new players shouldn't jump into arena until they have two weeks of constructed under their belt for card knowledge. Or some decent stream watching. Trial by fire I guess.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Rare:
Gadgetzan Auctioneer x2 (No substitute)
SI:7 Agent x2 (No substitute)

Epic:
Preparation x2 (No substitute)

Legendary:
Leeroy Jenkins (Arcane Golem for a cheap high damage charge minion)
Bloodmage Thalnos (Kobold Geomancer if you want the spell damage, Loot Hoarder for the card deathrattle))

Haly

How to counter zoo as priest: Pray to the Light that you draw Auchenai + Circle of Healing

inky

I hope the control warrior is more numerous at higher ranks cause my druid deck is eating them.

Still painful having to eat losses from zoolock on the way up.

I think it is, and in the link above it is ranked high as power goes. Zoo is plentiful at lower ranks due to the low cost mainly. I actually tweaked my deck to have better odds in that matchup because you are going to get it all the time. This is what I've seen in the past few weeks according to HT:

T3HWi4Z.png

Granted, there's tons of Handlock, too, but I would say 3/4 of that number is Zoo.

Alrus

I'm getting so much mileage out of Raging Worgen+Cruel Taskmaster/Dark Iron Dwarf. I'm sure it's easily countered but at lower rank it won me a ton of games.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I really want a Prophet Velen.

Prophet Velen+Faceless manipulator+Shadow Formx2=

12 damage hero power for 2 mana.

I dont' know if you're serious or not, but those kinds of combos are terrible to go for. It's like those bad players who try to build up giant lightwells against you as a priest. Um, nice lightwell... here's a silence for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom