• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandwich

Neo Member
I'm so happy. It can actually happen! It can actually even happen to me!

I was playing my paladin against this rank 5 mage in ranked mode. I got a bunch of 5+ cost cards in my opening hand.

The mage starts with mana worm. I play a token minion because it's all I can do.
The mage throws out a Sorcerer's Apprentice and arcane missiles that kills my token.
I topdeck a knife juggler and I kinda have to place it out there because I got nothing else.
The mage throws out another Apprentice and then frostbolts my Knife Juggler.

Long story short: At turn 5 I had 4 health left and the mage had 30.

I won the fight! I had 16 health left at the end of the fight when the mage died :D

ShinNL

Okay, I just destroyed a Zoo deck with a stealing Priest deck. Then the Warlock apparently tries to create some sort of timer bug while pointing something. Nothing happens though and when it failed (he tried this two turns), he rage quitted (in a weird way too since I didn't get my win immediately, was stuck for a while). So pathetic if this happens to be a bug in the past and has since patched or something. Take your loss shitty lock clone of thousands other locks. It's much harder to play a 100% reactive Priest than to play a Zoo Warlock. Merku of EU (gonna name him to shame him).

And I'm pretty sure he tries to exploit something since his weird pointers was after I got a value Holy Nova.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
had what I thought was a good mage deck just got 1-3 in Arena. Probably my worst Arena run in a month.

But the pack made it all worth it
RRct0UX.jpg

Kosma

Banned
Priest plays Rag

I double faceless it and my rags kill his.

That should have been it, esp since i had another rag in the deck.

But he also still had a faceless and 2x mc.

:(

Didnt know people run with 2 mc

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Priest plays Rag

I double faceless it and my rags kill his.

That should have been it, esp since i had another rag in the deck.

But he also still had a faceless and 2x mc.

:(

Didnt know people run with 2 mc

See the last page. Only the worst of priests.

johnsmith

remember me
Okay, I just destroyed a Zoo deck with a stealing Priest deck. Then the Warlock apparently tries to create some sort of timer bug while pointing something. Nothing happens though and when it failed (he tried this two turns), he rage quitted (in a weird way too since I didn't get my win immediately, was stuck for a while). So pathetic if this happens to be a bug in the past and has since patched or something. Take your loss shitty lock clone of thousands other locks. It's much harder to play a 100% reactive Priest than to play a Zoo Warlock. Merku of EU (gonna name him to shame him).

And I'm pretty sure he tries to exploit something since his weird pointers was after I got a value Holy Nova.

Sounds like a server issue or disconnect bug. Especially if you are on EU as I've heard your servers are awful.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
There are few more glorious feelings in gaming than countering the premature "well played." Why do people even consider this against mages? Don't front fools; it's called Ice Block.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
There are few more glorious feelings in gaming than countering the premature "well played." Why do people even consider this against mages? Don't front fools; it's called Ice Block.

My fav card in game. So many rogues and locks shut down this week. I think they honestly forget since it's usually been up for a while. Smart players don't blow their load before procing it.

f0lken

How can you know why the other player quit? Maybe he just values his time...
I always quit when i see I have no chance of winning.

Yeah, if the match is over in the next turn I just let my opponent beat me, but if I see there's nothing I can do and still have plenty of life I just quit

I'm an expert

I always emote out a Well Played before I concede, just too let my opponent know I;'m not just rage quitting.,

I usually spam sorry to them when I think they should rage quit instead of taking this pyro to da face.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This stream has taught me that symmetrical card draw is tech against Miracle.

Nothing like overflowing their hand and potentially sniping key cards.

Brofist

How does Wild Pyromancer intereact with Unleash the Hounds? Does it kill all the dogs or proc before the dogs appear?

If there is a counter to secrets that would make them fairly useless. Gotta remember that they are spells but they don't do anything until activated on an opponent's turn. Why do secrets need to be counterable by a neutral when pretty much every spell in the game cannot be countered (except by counterspell, and flares countering every other secret than counterspell).

Already secrets can be played around to minimize their impact, or negate them entirely. I don't think they really need a hard counter. Although I could see some classes getting mechanics to counter them, like flare. But a neutral minion to throw in to any deck? Would make secrets pretty bad.

Also, unlike secrets, weapons can be used the round they are played reducing the impact of ooze to some degree.

I'm an expert

I play a mage secrets deck. It's a blast. I still think more secret options would be a plus. Doesn't need to be an ooze version, but something interesting. Maybe a weapon with low/no damage that clears a secret if it hits to the face.

inky

Last 2 arena runs have been good to me after a few bad ones: 7-3 and 10-3. For some reason I always get golden fucking commons as a reward tho. I want gold dammit!

And the pack, lame as always.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Last 2 arena runs have been good to me after a few bad ones: 7-3 and 10-3. For some reason I always get golden fucking commons as a reward tho. I want gold dammit!

And the pack, lame as always.

you reach a point where you start enjoying getting goldens and wish you hadn't DE-ed goldens in the pass. #regret

GeeDuhb

I don't think this is the case anymore, multiple times I've carried over 3 dailies to a 4th day, and then didn't get a new quest upon completing one of those dailies on the 4th day.

I asked this in the thread a few weeks ago and no one answered, but I definitely noticed that quests didn't pile up anymore. I didn't see any patch notes or info about it either,.
I understand they don't "owe" us free gold, but at least let people know. They probably didn't to avoid complaints which kinda sucks.

Yes, it did get changed, and it was stated (but not really explained) the patch notes:

Patch 5170 (April 9th said:
Completing a quest when there are three quests in the quest log will no longer immediately grant a new quest. [source]

Now with that said, I don't know exactly how it works, but they do still stack. I have noticed that if I have 3, don't play for 2 days, and then complete 2 quests, I get 2 more after the next quest roll. I don't recall if I have ever tried not playing for 3 days and completing all 3 quests to see if it stacks 3, but I know it definitely does 2.

Ah, that's what happened, thanks. I did get a new phone not that long ago. I'm guessing I need the serial number/restore code thing to fix it? I probably wrote it down somewhere, but that was years ago, not sure if I can find it.

This happened to me in the past as well (getting a new phone,) and I couldn't find my recovery code. I had to go through Blizzard support to get them to pull off the auth, which required sending in a scan of my ID to match the name on my account. They don't screw around with this stuff lol.

inky

you reach a point where you start enjoying getting goldens and wish you hadn't DE-ed goldens in the pass. #regret

Well, yes, I guess so. I'm not at that point tho. I don't mass DE every golden I get, but I have gotten rid of some (Ancient Mage and Windfury Harpy come to mind, but I keep others that don't have an immediate obvious use, like Spiteful Smith) to craft a couple of legendaries.

I'm still missing plenty (Alex, BK, Sylv, Cenarius most notably) plus a ton of Epics, so I'm not thinking about a golden collection yet. =/

Yes, it did get changed, and it was stated (but not really explained) the patch notes

Well, I stand corrected then.

A few weekends ago I went out of town and I left with 3 quests stacked up. When I got back I did play but didn't complete all three immediately, until after a couple of days I think (I did re-roll 2 of them during those days). When I completed them all, I didn't get a stack of new ones, just the 1 next day, so that is why I was under the impression it was over.

If they still give you ones I guess I should do it like you did, because I don't think I've ever got more than 1 a day since.

Just finished a 12-2 Arena run (second 12 win run ever!) and the resulting pack?

Windfury Harpy
Flare
Eye For An Eye
Dust Devil
Sorcerer's Apprentice

Probably the worst pack I've ever opened haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom