• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

Came across my first legend card back opponent while doing quests with my scrubby warlock deck and beat them. The tears were salty. Felt good.

I made a control Paladin. Only thing I'm missing is like a Cairne and maybe a second copy of an epic or two.

I then proceed to be matched vs. a Priest that thoughtsteals my Rag and a Sunwalker...

I swear this game is out to get me sometimes. But I might try the Paladin some more.

Have had really terrible luck the past few days though, deranking 4-5 ranks. Haven't had a winstreak in ages. Best matches I've had have been Hunter and Rogue aggro. Seeing a lot more Shamans than I used to as well. Zoo seems more 50/50 now, maybe 60/40. Generally loses to Druid, Priest, Warrior. Miracle Rogue has similar issues with heroes that mitigate damage. Haven't seen enough Paladins (and generally more aggro variety) to decide on that matchup.

zoukka

Z64YsDI.jpg

Priests are funny.

ZZMitch

The feeling when you Thoughtsteal an Explosive Trap and then your enemy throws 4 doggies and 2 Timber Wolves into it.

It feels so goooooood

Aylinato

The feeling when you Thoughtsteal an Explosive Trap and then your enemy throws 4 doggies and 2 Timber Wolves into it.

It feels so goooooood

That feeling when the hunter your facing plays lerroy against an explosive trap you played the turn before. >=)

As priest of course

I think I'm going to make a Druid deck of tauts and 4 attack minions. Sick of all this rush nonsense bullcrap dongpoop

manhack

Priest has been so underplayed. After the expansion I'm actually worried to see more of them in the ladder because I love playing the "unpopular" class so much.

frequency

The tournament is so hard to watch. They take like 20 thousand breaks. The ratio of actually Hearthstone playing to talking/break time is like 1:20000.

ShinNL

Blizzard is such a troll.

Make a new Shaman deck. Face Hunter 3 times in a row.

Only to be counter-rushed with the cheesiest Shaman deck ever, take that Blizzard!

Dust-Devils, Leeroy, Mana Addict, even Nightstalker. It got it all :D

(FYI, both Dust-Devil and Mana Addict can potentially turn 3 kill)

Dust-Devil combo:
T1: Dust-Devil, Coin, Dust-Devil
T2: Nothing
T3: Flametongue Totem or Rockbiter on one of the Dust-Devils

Mana Addict combo:
T1: Nothing
T2: Mana Addict
T3: Coin, Windfury, Rockbiter, Rockbiter

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
The tournament is so hard to watch. They take like 20 thousand breaks. The ratio of actually Hearthstone playing to talking/break time is like 1:20000.

Are we watching the same tournament? They play full 3 game matches non-stop, have no ads or commercials, have a guest commentator from the previous match every game, do an immediate winner interview after every match, and in between breaks they have interviews and player highlights. This is the best HS tournament I have ever seen. The only time they have extended breaks is when they finish a group, otherwise it's been non-stop games if you take out their obvious preparation times.

frequency

Are we watching the same tournament? They play full 3 game matches non-stop, have no ads or commercials, have a guest commentator from the previous match every game, do an immediate winner interview after every match, and in between breaks they have interviews and player highlights. This is the best HS tournament I have ever seen. The only time they have extended breaks is when they finish a group, otherwise it's been non-stop games if you take out their obvious preparation times.

Actually I think you're right. I came in at bad times over the last 2 days I guess. Like earlier I came in and saw 1 match and then they took a 2 hour break.

But this Gnimsh / Kaldis match up was just the games without really breaks between. And it looks like Amaz / Dandido is coming up right away after a short break?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
If you just came in at this Gnimsh game you missed 3 hours of non-stop games basically (the vods will be up tomorrow). Not to mention they also have the time of the next segment at the bottom at all times. So you know right now Amaz's game is coming up in 2 minutes. And again, no ads, no commercials, just an interview with one of the commentators. By the way Admirable and Chanman (this is the first time I've seen either) are fuckin garbage commentators that should be no where near someone like Artosis.

I'm an expert

Honestly it's hard for me to enjoy Artosis without Tasteless and Brood War. Some of these European players have been great at commentating. In the end though, Reynad is by far the best play by play guy.

johnsmith

remember me
Went from rank 14 to 10 so far with Kolento's charge druid deck. Really fun deck. I like it a lot. Thinking about maybe trying for legend again. I wish there was an actual reward though.

I'm an expert

Went from rank 14 to 10 so far with Kolento's charge druid deck. Really fun deck. I like it a lot. Thinking about maybe trying for legend again. I wish there was an actual reward though.

Anything before rank 5 is just casual. You might lose the spark when the real grind begins.

I'm an expert

Amaz plays non-stop priest against every class. He can technically beat any deck, even if his odds are 40/60 or 30/70 or whatever.

Kolento's (not really his but w/e, he popularized it in EU/NA) Druid build is all over 3->Legend at the moment, so it's pretty sure if you have a brain and can grind the games you can hit legend this season with it.

Amaz had hunter as his counter pick to Rogue and Priest isn't terrible MU vs. current druid builds for the reasons seen in the game-his threats are pretty versatile and quick to land, and he can keep himself healed out of combo range, effectively locking the cards dead in his opponent's hand.

I'm an expert

Gaara playing around coin+SI for the faerie.. yeah.. he's easily the best player on Tempo Storm.

Guess there is a first time for everything. Just had someone concede who though I had lethal when I did not. That's why you have to never give up, never surrender!

I'm an expert

Guess there is a first time for everything. Just had someone concede who though I had lethal when I did not. That's why you have to never give up, never surrender!

Sometimes if you watch the players' cards and what he plays/holds, you make the wrong read and play around it too much. If you watch the tournament today it pretty much happens every game. Frezzar just played around Gaara's combo and wasted Lore's draw for heal. Solidified his loss.

Sometimes if you watch the players' cards and what he plays/holds, you make the wrong read and play around it too much. If you watch the tournament today it pretty much happens every game. Frezzar just played around Gaara's combo and wasted Lore's draw for heal. Solidified his loss.

That is fair, and truth be told, he thought I had the druid Savage Force combo, and that takes a while to play out, so I don't blame him.

That last druid mirror was a textbook example of one player getting the answer to the all important question of "Who's The Beatdown?" incorrectly.

I'm an expert

This is the longest interview ever. And it has nothing to do with Hearthstone.

Lol.. dude.. there's still hours of matches yet and Gaara needs a break since he plays right away again.

Also if you're into classic e-sports then lil susie is a great interview.

frequency

yeah.. worst tournament ever........

I didn't say it was the worst. Just that it was a long interview that had nothing to do with Hearthstone. Why are you so antagonistic? Sorry that I don't love every aspect of the stream I guess...?

Anyway...
That was a crazy play by Amaz clearing the board.

I'm an expert

I am very sorry I was antagonistic. Please enjoy the stream. =)

Gaara wasting that earthshock on the golem.. ugh..

I haaaaaaaate it when I'm at 5 and my opponent plays 3 cards and then plays fireball. Just finish me...don't be a dick about it.

You'll probably just want to accept that is probably going to always happen. The rumor is that playing more cards nets you more exp. Sometimes I even do it to punish my opponent for not conceding, even though I already have max level with rogue... lol.

But I do it fast and whatever it is like an extra 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom