• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

old

Just drafted a mage arena deck. Was offered 8 mirror images. Almost considered just quitting the deck. Luck was not on my side. But now that I think about it 8 would keep the board so full of taunt it would have to piss people off.

JesseZao

I didn't realize they were playing on iPad either. That must be weird.

Yeah, targeting is functional, but it's different. It just pops the minions up after selecting the attacker or spell and they pop down after you tap the target. Not having the arrow is definitely a draw back as far as visual feedback is concerned.

They must think it's easier to setup spectating using ipads I guess.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
It's not like Daniel had any other play.. he's dead even if he just hero powers.

For some reason, whenever I watch ekop win, it is because he top decks a wombo combo lol

Plus 2x Savage roar isn't that rare to see in a druid token deck. I sometimes run it in ladder, but I prefer not to.

Violet_0

Banned
"mid-range" druid, which is pretty much the same as ramp but with Argent Commander instead of Ancients of War, runs two Force of Nature and Savage Roar

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Snapjaw never left midrange meta yo!

Just kill the auctioneer Reynad, ugh..

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Happens to me sometimes too.
Thinking "pff, whats the worst that could happen if I leave it alive. I kill him next Turn anyway"
and then I die to a ridiculously lucky chained together combo.
Yeah, but you're not Reynad. Rey should know by know that you kill an auctioneer as quickly as possible. Or, let's say Alarmabot. Or Mana Tide Totem. Or Demolisher. Etc. You do not leave these guys on the board, no matter how stupid those cards seem to you at that moment and regardless of if they are a direct threat or not. These are cards that can snowball out of control. Players playing at the level Rey is playing should know that whenever your opponent plays a snowball, you kill it before they can push it off the hill.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just drafted a mage arena deck. Was offered 8 mirror images. Almost considered just quitting the deck. Luck was not on my side. But now that I think about it 8 would keep the board so full of taunt it would have to piss people off.

Yeah but a single AOE takes them all out lol

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
You know what, talking about Gadgetzan; WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO NERF IT!?

I'm sick of being at 30 health and getting the opponent to 10 health, then LOL AUCTIONEER + CONCEAL, just sit there while I draw through half my deck in one turn so I can kill you next turn with insane burst damage that you can't do anything about.

YES I'M SALTY

Yes, I've asked for this before.

I'm also very much serious. It needs a nerf.

;-(

dk_

I'm sick of being at 30 health and getting the opponent to 10 health, then LOL AUCTIONEER + CONCEAL, just sit there while I draw through half my deck in one turn so I can kill you next turn with insane burst damage that you can't do anything about.

YES I'M SALTY

;-(
Save AoE for the auctioneer? Play taunts when you're in lethal Leeroy range.

I'm an expert

YES I'M SALTY

;-(

Just by watching Dreamhack you can see how dead the deck can be without the right draws. Prep or Shadowstep is the issue. Make them 1 mana, not 0.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Save AoE for the auctioneer? Play taunts when you're in lethal Leeroy range.
Name me guaranteed 4 damage AoE cards.
There's Flamestrike, bound to Mage, but that's at 7 Mana and thus probably too late.
Equality + Consecration? I hope you get both cards on curve for this 6 Mana combo play.
Spellpower + Hellfire backfires against your own board as well, as does Pyromancer + Equality.
Whirlwind / Swipe / Holy Nova / Starfall do fuck all.
Etc.

If you need to save AoE and put in specific cards to augment that AoE to be able to deal with a single enemy in a single deck, then something is very, very wrong.

And no, 'just play taunts' does not work, because SAP LOL and them having plenty damage spells and weapon power, likely with spellpower from Thalnos or a Drake. I run two Sunwalkers and two Sen'Jin Shieldmastas and Rogue don't give a fuck.

Minsc

Gold Member
And no, 'just play taunts' does not work, because SAP LOL and them having plenty damage spells and weapon power, likely with spellpower from Thalnos or a Drake. I run two Sunwalkers and two Sen'Jin Shieldmastas and Rogue don't give a fuck.

On this subject, I'd love for one of the Naxx neutrals to be expand on taunt, maybe:

(5) 4/5 Taunt, cannot be the target of spells or effects.
(4) 2/4 Taunt, deathrattle: Give a friendly minion taunt. or maybe
(4) 2/4 Taunt, deathrattle: Summon a 1/2 taunt minion.

The stats and mana cost can be adjusted a bit, but the point is a Taunt with a shroud effect making it unable to be targeted by sap/removal, etc would be great. As would a taunt that passed taunt to another minion when it dies.

Ashodin

On this subject, I'd love for one of the Naxx neutrals to be expand on taunt, maybe:

The stats and mana cost can be adjusted a bit, but the point is a Taunt with a shroud effect making it unable to be targeted by sap/removal, etc would be great. As would a taunt that passed taunt to another minion when it dies.

I'd put good money on a Deathrattle: Random (or Targeted) minion gains taunt.

I'm an expert

So you want Wall of Denial, Fog Bank, etc. It'd be fun if there were more frost like status effects. Mace stun!

scy

So you want Wall of Denial, Fog Bank, etc. It'd be fun if there were more frost like status effects. Mace stun!

CZlDugl.jpg

I'm an expert

Definitely need war weapon Stormherald.. if you hit a creature and it lives it's stunned the next turn. Yesssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom