• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hearing such things is making me so sad :( I dunno how much longer I can play my control paladin...

Tacitus_

I need to stop assuming a great deck has good chances at 7+ wins. It's just a fucking roll of the dice of who misses a 2-3 drop while opponent goes FACEBEASTMODE.

(still tilted as fuck)

*shrug*

I've won games where I've had to hero power twice to start the game. If you have enough removal it's doable. I've also lost games where I beastmoded the start after they started putting out their removals.

Trump also went 12 with an absolute shite deck that was picked by people in his twitch chat.

Violet_0

Banned
I have not seen any confirmation or images for this beauty!
if you're curious, here's the rest of the unconfirmed minions that were revealed with the leak (there are no pictures for most of them)
Maexxna: 2/8 beast for 5 mana. Destroy any minion damaged by this minion.
Loatheb: ?/? for ? mana. Cards with Battlecry cost 5 more.
Baron Rivendare: 1/7 for 4 mana. Your minions trigger their Deathrattles twice.
Feugen and Stalagg. Feugen: 4/7 for 5 mana. Deathrattle: If Stalagg also died this game, summon Thaddius. Stalagg: 7/4 for 5 mana. Deathrattle: If Feugen also died this game, summon Thaddius.
Kel'Thuzad: 6/8 for 8 mana. At the end of the turn, summon all friendly minions that died this turn.
2/8 minion for 3 mana. Has Taunt and a Deathrattle that gives your opponent a random minion from his deck.
2/1 spider for 2 mana that turns into two 1/1 spiders on death.
4/3 minion for 5 mana with Taunt that becomes a 1/1 minion with Taunt on death.

SOME of them will be... We know 14 of the cards that are for sure going to be playable (of 30).

We also know there are 15 bosses that each award 1 card, that you get 1 card for completing each wing (5 wings), and a challenge that awards a class specific card each (9 total). So we know how to get 29 cards, and there is supposed to be a 30th one.

Tacitus_

Has happened to me in other ways more times than I'd care to admit. Not that case specifically, but rogue combos in general.

Dude was a scrub in general. He used that 3/1 dagger to go for my face and then used eviscerate the next turn for face while I had established a dire wolf + minions on both sides.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm honestly just waiting for someone from EU GAF to find me on constructed and beat me. And then proceed on to posting about it (and how horrible I am) in this thread.

Just waiting for it.

Salex_

Soooo tired of this bullshit. Time to switch to Miracle Rouge.

Why bother using anything else? lol. Works perfectly fine vs the 2 popular Warlock decks and mirror matches are "Who can draw the combo first?".

frequency

I'll never know why people with fucking insane decks grind casual :/

Unfortunately, "casual" doesn't mean "casual" in Hearthstone. That mode is just for people to try out decks without having to lose ranks. I feel ranked mode is way easier until you get to about rank 10.

one of the new (not officially announced but pretty much confirmed, along with a few others) Naxx minions is a 2 mana 2/1 with deathrattle: summon two 1/1. Pretty much harvest golem's little brother

Puts defias ringleader to shame lol.

4/3 worth stats and split amongst 3 minions with no combo requirement is really good. I think it'll be better than ringleader which kinda sucks.

Just remembered, Shamans are getting Rebirth.

Leeroy > Ancestral Spirit x2 > Rebirth

24 terrible terrible damage from four Leeroys on the same turn. I have a deck I need to make now when Naxx releases, haha.

Raxus

Just remembered, Shamans are getting Rebirth.

Leeroy > Ancestral Spirit x2 > Rebirth

24 terrible terrible damage from four Leeroys on the same turn. I have a deck I need to make now when Naxx releases, haha.

Keep in mind when Naxx comes out everyone will run silence. EVERYONE.

ShinNL

This arena deck is insane :O (2x Abusive Sergeant not shown)

Edit: update: 9-3

YLwyHWD.jpg

Yoshichan

Earth Shock will be the MVP of my Shaman deck come Naxx. I will also consider finding room for Ironbeak Owls or Spellbreakers depending on how out of hand this deathrattle stuff becomes.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
If you always go 1-3 it may be a drafting or playstyle issue.

Xanathus

Welp, winstreaked my way from 15 to 9. I really should start playing around this time, there seems to be way easier matches for me as miracle. Kept meeting control paladins and control warriors and a couple of shamans.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I dunno how non-wc/wow people play this game. Half the enjoyment is from the familiar characters/spells/flavor.

I'm an expert

Haven't touched WoW ever, but I still know half of the characters from the original WC games. And some of them are pretty widely familiar like Leeroy.

Well, yeah, any WC experience is definitely enough to enjoy the references and feel.

zoukka

Besides the stuff is pretty "generic" fantasy stuff so I don't think any previous knowledge is required to enjoy the cards and cycles.

Yoshichan

I think I'm done for today? A good 12 hours.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I dunno how non-wc/wow people play this game. Half the enjoyment is from the familiar characters/spells/flavor.

Eh. A lot of neutral minions were essentially minor characters. Didn't even realize that Defender of Argus was a Dranaei until I looked it up, lol.

Yoshichan

What did you do with those hours? You were rank 16 a couple of hours ago >_>
Oh fuck no you didn't just say that

Please tell me you didn't just say that

JUST BECAUSE I'M NOT WILLING TO SOAK IN ON THE ZOO/HANDLOCK/AGGRO-BORING-ASS-TRAIN DOESN'T MEAN THAT I'M WASTING MY TIME.

Is it really a rare occurance to see someone go up and down in ranks (I went from 18 to 15, to 17, to 16 for 10 hours)? Or are you ONLY supposed to rank up when you play this fucking game?

zoukka

You don't have any backstory for other CCG cards either, I mean I look at HS cards and immediately I see the basic classes and races. Humies, Elves, Gnomes, Orcs, Blue Tentacle Faces...

JUST BECAUSE I'M NOT WILLING TO SOAK IN ON THE ZOO/HANDLOCK/AGGRO-BORING-ASS-TRAIN DOESN'T MEAN THAT I'M WASTING MY TIME.

Is it really a rare occurance to see someone go up and down in ranks (I went from 18 to 15, to 17, to 16 for 10 hours)? Or are you ONLY supposed to rank up when you play this fucking game?

He's just fucking with you. You don't even own all the key cards to the class you play so I wouldn't worry if you can't climb to the top immediately.

Yoshichan

Fuck it. I'm playing another 12 hours. Screw work.

I'm an expert

Bouncing around that volatilely in those ranks is indeed a waste of time. You should wait until later in the month.

Eh. A lot of neutral minions were essentially minor characters. Didn't even realize that Defender of Argus was a Dranaei until I looked it up, lol.

You didn't realize a defender of ARGUS wasn't an eredar? Do you even warcraft?

Tacitus_

Oh no, I was just wondering if you were playing seriously or just farting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom