• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
It's an f2p. They can't give you unlimited dailies. If you're that hardcore, go ahead and buy packs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's an f2p. They can't give you unlimited dailies. If you're that hardcore, go ahead and buy packs.
Well to be fair, it's almost always more worth to buy an arena pass and get a deck (and hopefully get more than 50 gold)... so just straight up buying packs is bad imo :p

Besides, I shouldn't spend gold! Naxx is around the corner.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I meant with real money since grinding gold is too slow for you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I meant with real money since grinding gold is too slow for you.
Oh. That's where I just draw the line. Never ever shall I give Blizzard the satisfaction of earning my hard, well earned real life moneyz.

Just waiting for my pay check

I'm an expert

If he's actually gonna pump that many hours in, might as well.

Yoshichan

el oh el. Yoshichan gonna drop the money hammer
no srs not gonna do that.

Gonna prove a point that I am GODLIKE by becoming the Dreamhack 201x champion while not have spent a single coin on this game.

TomServo

Love the current meta. If this game ever degenerates into a 12+ turn control shitshow that'll be a sad thing.

Playing tempo warrior againt control I've almost conceded long matches that I eventually won because they're so fucking boring.

Yoshichan

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEH.

25% chance of losing. And of course, I get "lucky".

edit: I'm an idiot. I realize now that I could've put out the Squire + coin to lower the chance of killing myself (to like 16%)... oisahfoisahfoisahfoisahfoisahfoihsaf

Y6CERLL.jpg

Razakin

I just love when matches just don't end and both sides are top decking and clearing each other's answers for control. Can't do anything but laugh.

Yoshichan

Dare I say it? So far having fun with my "aggro paladin" or whatever the heck I should call it.

With that being said, I'm done for today! Been playing way too long and I guess I have to get a few hours of sleep... see ya'll after work :) Been a great day forumin' it up with all of you!

I'm an expert

Realz is bad, Otter is bad, Forsen was NOT the one to run miracle with sinister first, Kolento doesn't talk enough. Tides and Strife are great. Bad list overall. I'd add Reynad and Hafu.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Best part is they didn't list those money hungry streamers like trump, Hafu, or reynad. Those streams are just reading off subs and donations. Shits tacky.

Best guys for learning are Lifecoach and HSDog. Both are very informative streams.

I'm an expert

Best part is they didn't list those money hungry streamers like trump, Hafu, or reynad. Those streams are just reading off subs and donations. Shits tacky.

Trump and Hafu are 100% money hungry. Reynad reads donations and shit but doesn't push that stuff at all. He pushes tempostorm.com way more. He's said plenty of times on stream he could make a ton of money on twitch but just doesn't have the discipline to.

You WOULD add Reynad.

Watch Reynad stream or cast. He explains every possible move and its pros and cons. His insight is insane and he articulates it well. For learning, he's excellent. As a player, he's not that great. Tides is easily better.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Trump and Hafu are 100% money hungry. Reynad reads donations and shit but doesn't push that stuff at all. He pushes tempostorm.com way more. He's said plenty of times on stream he could make a ton of money on twitch but just doesn't have the discipline to.

Watch Reynad stream or cast. He explains every possible move and its pros and cons. His insight is insane and he articulates it well. For learning, he's excellent. As a player, he's not that great. Tides is easily better.

I dislike his stream. It's obvious he does not enjoy playing and/or streaming. He's obligated to play for the money. He seems burned out and super salty.

And I'm with those guys, realz stream is good.

I'm an expert

I dislike his stream. It's obvious he does not enjoy playing and/or streaming. He's obligated to play for the money. He seems burned out and super salty.

I agree with that. Still, if you just listen to what he says and pay attention to the game, it's impossible to say you won't learn.

Oh so there's nothing wrong with Realz and his HS stream. Just bitterness from years passed.

Obviously I'm not insulting him on a personal level and this is all tongue in cheek (or maybe not obviously for some) but I definitely don't think Realz is that good of an HS player either. He's Gaara tier.

Violet_0

Banned
I'm repeating myself but I have no idea why the fuck I even bother to play druid without black knight and BGH. Double mountain giants every time turn 4 and 5 without fail. Or all these druid mirrors I lose automatically because of BK

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm repeating myself but I have no idea why the fuck I even bother to play druid without black knight and BGH. Double mountain giants every time turn 4 and 5 without fail. Or all these druid mirrors I lose automatically because of BK

I think hand lock is an even matchup for charge druid with BGB and double combo. I think having TBK as well makes it favorable.

johnsmith

remember me

I'm an expert

Kinda pointless since top players who qualified don't give a fuck anymore. Forsen's miracle run was.. interesting I guess.

I'm an expert

He was, he just couldn't hold it till the deadline on both. That's pretty hard.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm up against a control warrior.

He has a weaponsmith and an acolyte of pain on the board.

I have two sunwalkers and a redemption ready to go. One of the Sunwalkers is missing its divine shield and is at 4/1. The other is totally healthy, 4/5 with its shield.

The warrior plays brawl.

My 4/5 Sunwalker wins.

The 4/1 Sunwalker is revived and has it's divine shield back.

I haven't laughed that hard about Hearthstone in a very long time.

ZZMitch

Can anyone else here not change their quests?

I have not been able to reroll quests for two days now... there is no X to click.

Violet_0

Banned
I play Rag
he plays Rag - 33% to hit - kills my Rag
I copy his Rag - 50% to hit - misses
his turn - 25% to hit - kills my Rag again

fuck me

I play Rag
he plays Rag - 33% to hit - kills my Rag
I copy his Rag - 50% to hit - misses
his turn - 25% to hit - kills my Rag again

fuck me

I just ended up including a BGH to stop that non-sense. If I ever remove rag from my deck, I'll remove BGH as well. I just hate when my rag is faceless'd and I never have a good response to it when it kills my rag.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Broke my record and went 9 wins in the arena today. My last match was against a Druid who had 3 swipes. Plus my deck had cards like Azure Drake and Dark Iron Dwarf, so I didn't have really any minions who could tank the hits. =(

I just ended up including a BGH to stop that non-sense. If I ever remove rag from my deck, I'll remove BGH as well. I just hate when my rag is faceless'd and I never have a good response to it when it kills my rag.

Faceless into a Big Game Hunter is probably my favorite combo in the game. Eight times out of ten, I feel like someone is going to have something big, be it Rag or something else, and it feels so good to steal.

I miss having a Shadow Step though. Playing a Big Game Hunter and then bringing it back to the hand was probably my favorite move against a Handlock.

Yoshichan

G'morning ya'll! Dreamt of numbers, cards, backside of cards and frustrating fucking zoo decks.

Oh and it was a nighmare because I disenchanted everything I had :( woke up all sweaty.

Well today is a new day, and hopefully a better, more effiecient day than yesterday!

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
So how pissed do you think this Priest felt when he had 30 life and all I had on my board was a fire elemental... then next turn: Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Flametongue, Windfury, Leeroy. 36 damage in one turn. All I could say was I was sorry.

Also, I am sad to confirm that infinite quest reroll is dead as reported. Checked it for myself tonight. Like everyone else, couldn't even reroll at all. I guess they figured out how everyone was saving up so much gold for Naxx. Stealth NERF!

Yoshichan

Save up money for Naxx how exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom