• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh no, I was just wondering if you were playing seriously or just farting around.
Look at my previous 24051 rage posts in this thread. Do you think I'm that angry while not being serious? Of course I'm being serious. I'm ALWAYS serious when I play games.

ShinNL

Legendary Spam Ramp deck...

JmNEVqI.jpg

Oh Innervate Nourish, you so silly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm having flashbacks of the beta thread.

Except for the fact that the game wasn't completely imbalanced and bad back then. Today, everyone owns every card in the game - so you have no chance of actually winning consistently if you haven't played every day for the past 6 months.

That, my friend, is called shit game design - and this feature tends to exist in every Blizzard game lately.

iirate

I just want to say that if they don't make a DK class card and put it in Naxx as a class preview, they're missing a huge opportunity.

Violet_0

Banned
I'm pretty sure I just witnessed a very special hearthstone moment

the board state: one Chillwind Yeti (his), one Argent Crusader (mine)

his turn. What a great opportunity to play Mad Bomber, he thinks

unfortunately his Mad Bomber has slightly different ideas

well, fuck RNG. Mad Bomber 2, you fix this
"nope"
jcxpgqXji.png

I .. won that game

Its intentional. He quotes Karate Kid

okay this is pretty funny

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Except for the fact that the game wasn't completely imbalanced and bad back then. Today, everyone owns every card in the game - so you have no chance of actually winning consistently if you haven't played every day for the past 6 months.

That, my friend, is called shit game design - and this feature tends to exist in every Blizzard game lately.

Why does this sound so familiar..

frequency

The game is way more balanced now than it was back in beta. And there are a lot of really cheap decks you can be successful with now compared to back in beta. It's just that the player base is generally better at the game now than it was back then (thanks to streams and such teaching people how to play well) so it's harder.

Plus you came back right at the beginning of a season. You'll (relatively) easily get up to rank 4 if you play in a couple weeks.

Also the meta has changed a lot since you last played. Control Paladin has fallen out of favour. But the meta shifts a lot and it can change at any time. If you want to be successful quickly, you have to play to the meta, not stubbornly play the one deck you are familiar with.

Oh fuck no you didn't just say that

Please tell me you didn't just say that

JUST BECAUSE I'M NOT WILLING TO SOAK IN ON THE ZOO/HANDLOCK/AGGRO-BORING-ASS-TRAIN DOESN'T MEAN THAT I'M WASTING MY TIME.

Is it really a rare occurance to see someone go up and down in ranks (I went from 18 to 15, to 17, to 16 for 10 hours)? Or are you ONLY supposed to rank up when you play this fucking game?

Tbh I've never heard of anyone besides you losing a rank.

Yoshichan

Oh I'll switch it up sooner, rather than later. Gonna follow the meta like it's the new Messiah.
Tbh I've never heard of anyone besides you losing a rank.
edit: not worth getting a ban over this.

JesseZao

Then quit.

Yoshichan

So trying out with this and won against a priest... but I feel I was lucky since I was completely out of cards and was just waiting for dem top decks... how do I prevent myself from being out of cards all the time? Surely I shouldn't be dependent on Divine Favor this much?

L4CGXgL.png

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You should run two divine. You can run an acolyte if you want too.

Yoshichan

You should run two divine. You can run an acolyte if you want too.
Only have one divine :( Okay I took the one Argent Protector and switched him with the Acolyte...

Yoshichan

I switched some things up!

BYyb1w1.png

IM NOT YELLING MY CAPS IS STUCK LOL.. ITS ONLY 100 DUST. JUST MAKE IT.
FINE! I will spend my god damn hard earned dust on this gimmick card :(

I'm an expert

WHAT ARE YOU USING YOUR DUST FOR.. IF YOU HAVE DUST MAKE THE SHIT YOU NEED SO YOU CAN PLAY YOUR CONTROL.

Yoshichan

WHAT ARE YOU USING YOUR DUST FOR.. IF YOU HAVE DUST MAKE THE SHIT YOU NEED SO YOU CAN PLAY YOUR CONTROL.
OK FINE, I WILL!

Gosh!

Is it 100% super duper extremely safe to disenchant everything that's over 2x? I understand that you get x4 dust if it gets nerfed/buffed or whatever.

I'm an expert

LOL ILL RESTART SOON.. DUDE YOU CAN PLAY THE WILL IT BE NERFED GAME BUT THAT SHIT IS DUMB. PLAY THE GAME IN MISERY FOR MONTHS SO YOU CAN GET EXTRA DUST TO MAKE CARDS YOU NO LONGER WANT LOL.

JUST MAKE WHAT YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT. ENJOY THE GAME IN THE NOW. AND YES, GENERALLY SPEAKING, ANYTHING MORE THAN 2X IS DUST.

Yoshichan

:lol holy shit this is amazing

edit: also I just beat a druid with 30 health remaining. AGGRO THE DREAM

Oh I'll switch it up sooner, rather than later. Gonna follow the meta like it's the new Messiah.

edit: not worth getting a ban over this.

I'm really just joking man, sorry, I honestly thought the complete silliness of the statement would shine through. We all lose and gain ranks. I've never gone above rank 12 or so to be completely honest anyway.

I'm an expert

You'll lose just as helplessly too to certain decks, it's all janken.

Yoshichan

Aight so what else should I change here? I love the Demolisher so don't tell me to switch that!

iaDwI2L.png

Yoshichan

haha he hates the game because he won't make the cards he needs because he's forever waiting for balance patches to give him more dust than he would get right now. Amazing.
This is totally not the case... I never stated that I was waiting for balance patches for extra dust value.
I'm really just joking man, sorry, I honestly thought the complete silliness of the statement would shine through. We all lose and gain ranks. I've never gone above rank 12 or so to be completely honest anyway.
Nah man, I'm the one who should be sorry. I'm losing my sense of humor because of this game :(

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm 10-1 on ladder so far this season running Charge Druid. The only changes I made to the deck were subbing out Cairne and TBK for 2 sunfury protectors.

Haven't faced a zoo lock yet either surprisingly.

Yoshichan

I don't understand what you're saying here, then.
I was just asking if it's safe to click on "Disenchant Extra Cards". I've always been afraid of clicking that because I'm worried that it'll somehow glitch out and sell more than just the extra cards ._.

Yeah I have zero faith/trust in Blizzard.

I'm an expert

Drop the light's justice, too much durability that clogs your truesilver. Do another leper, and need abusives. The pyro is worthless without equality.

Yoshichan

Drop the light's justice, too much durability that clogs your truesilver. Do another leper, and need abusives.

How many abusives? I just bought another Leper (you owe me dust, dude). Removed Light's Justice.

I'm an expert

You didn't have two lepers.. man. Just focus on arena then. Get some cards..

I'm saying that because wasting dust on commons like that isn't worth it. You'll get 900 lepers from packs.

Yoshichan

You didn't have two lepers.. man. Just focus on arena then. Get some cards..
BRO. I'M TELLING YOU, IT'S BAD - FUCKING - LUCK. I've opened at least 150 decks and I had one Leper Gnome until just now (had to craft one).

Just my typical fucking Blizzard luck. "Oh let me just do Zul'Gurrub for my 9th month in a row to see if I get the Gurubashi Raptor mount!". Friend of mine? Gets it on the first try.

FUCK MY LUCK IN BLIZZARD GAMES.
. You'll get 900 lepers from packs.
Yes! Where are my 900 lepers after opening at least 150 decks! YES, GIMME ALL OF DEM.

I'm an expert

150 packs and only 2 legendaries as well? Hm.. yeah that is pretty awful.

Yoshichan

150 packs and only 2 legendaries as well? Hm.. yeah that is pretty awful.
Welcome to the world of me starting to realize that Blizzard is actually monitorizing every single move I make in their games - and they keep pushing buttons to fuck me over, like de-activating good loot in WoW or giving me shit cards from decks.

Yoshichan

Mother of God, even this asshole is telling me to add him to my deck :lol :lol :lol Wow, I just laughed for the first time in days!

RQWvcCQ.png

I'm an expert

Yeah I suggest just stopping and grinding gold till Naxx. Forget constructed.

Yoshichan

Been thinking about that as well, but there's only one real way of "farming" gold... and that is to just wait, patiently, for dailies to reset. And nobody got time for that shit.

Arena is completely out of question. Back in the GOOD'OL'DAYS, I actually got ~120 gold + deck per arena run. But two days ago, just after reset, I gave arena like 10 tries and the best run I had was 4-3. Needless to say, my head didn't feel very well after headbutting the wall on my right after the shitfest that was arena that day.

edit: are you supposed to have 1 or 2 abusive sergeants?

edit 2: waiting and grinding gold for Naxx will benefit me how, exactly btw? I mean, I'll still have the same shitty cards and whatnot.

I'm an expert

That's.. a lot of wasted gold. Well, you got packs. But no gnomes. Just grind casual. Mess around with decks. If you actually played 12 hours then you'd hit the 3 win cap anyway.

Quick access to Naxx cards will let you keep up with the new deck builds.

Yoshichan

That's.. a lot of wasted gold. Well, you got packs. But no gnomes. Just grind casual. Mess around with decks. If you actually played 12 hours then you'd hit the 3 win cap anyway.
3 win cap? You mean the 100 gold cap from winning games?

Yoshichan

Yeah I get that early on in the day. But it just sucks that gold farming is so... restricted. Wish I could like, gather up 40 quests and do them all at the same time. But I guess Blizzard's gotta cater to the casuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom