• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, you can't make competive decks without grinding/paying the key cards.

Miracle Rogue is pretty cheap for the power level you get.
I'm fine with grinding them... but this game just cock blocks me every single time.

Hey, want to earn decks? Go do arena! -> NU-UH! DON'T SPEND GOLD BECAUSE NAXX IS AROUND THE CORNER.

Hey, want to earn decks? Just buy them 100g each! -> NU-UH! STILL WAITING FOR NAXX!

Hey, want a good deck that'll get you to high ranks easily? -> HOPE YOU ENJOY PLAYING AGGRO-DECKS!

Hey, want to play a good control deck? -> HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE OCD BECAUSE YOU'RE ABOUT TO DISENCHANT EVERYTHING YOU'VE EARNED IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS!

Fun!

Tacitus_

How the heck do I play aggro paladin? What're the required cards? I don't have legendaries except Onyxia and Ysera...

Went to rank 10 last season (I only played practically for dailies) with this deck. Supposedly you can go up to legend with it but I don't care to grind constructed.

M7tMtRw.png

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah I'm glad I don't have ocd, I de all my legendaries and golds.

Have you actually been playing the last 6 months? Your collection would be pretty filled out by now. I usually trade in one deck for another if I'm low on dust. If you don't plan on spending money it's a fair option, no?

Tacitus_

I'm fine with grinding them... but this game just cock blocks me every single time.

Hey, want to earn decks? Go do arena! -> NU-UH! DON'T SPEND GOLD BECAUSE NAXX IS AROUND THE CORNER.

Hey, want to earn decks? Just buy them 100g each! -> NU-UH! STILL WAITING FOR NAXX!

Hey, want a good deck that'll get you to high ranks easily? -> HOPE YOU ENJOY PLAYING AGGRO-DECKS!

Hey, want to play a good control deck? -> HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE OCD BECAUSE YOU'RE ABOUT TO DISENCHANT EVERYTHING YOU'VE EARNED IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS!

Fun!

Have you tried Trumps F2P decks? They're very controlly and come in mage and shaman.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tacitus_: from that list, these are what I have:

oCddBvF.png

frequency

Those are unreasonable complaints.

You can't expect to be able to play whatever deck you want and be successful with it ignoring the meta. You also can't expect to be able to have whatever deck you like without the time or monetary investment. And then to expect to be able to get Naxx without paying anything on top of all that.

Yoshichan

So anyway, how do you play shit aggro? I tried a game out right now and it failed miserably. It's like... when the fuck am I supposed to know when to hit the board and the face? My deck is filled with shitty low mana cards so if I don't hit face enough and kill him, he'll stack up on heavy mana cards and taunts and shit.

zoukka

So anyway, how do you play shit aggro? I tried a game out right now and it failed miserably. It's like... when the fuck am I supposed to know when to hit the board and the face? My deck is filled with shitty low mana cards so if I don't hit face enough and kill him, he'll stack up on heavy mana cards and taunts and shit.

Generally speaking you have "facedecks" and "zoo's", facedecks always go to face unless trading gives great value and gas. Zoo's try to keep the board clean with buffing minions yet flood the board faster than the opponent.

Usually you need a specific removal or trick for big taunts, trading a bunch of minions for them is bad.

That "Well met" list looks like a facedeck, but it has some board clearing utility as well.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
if you're essentially starting out as a new player just watch some streams/videos and play casual to train with the deck. Knowing when to control board or go face is a sense you should have with any deck.

Yoshichan

if you're essentially starting out as a new player just watch some streams/videos and play casual to train with the deck. Knowing when to control board or go face is a sense you should have with any deck.
I'm not new.

I'm just new to aggro. Watched hundreds of hours of HS on Twitch but never watched anyone use aggro decks. And playing with aggro? Never thought I'd live to see the day.

I'm an expert

It sounds like you were gone for a few months and you're playing a brand new deck. If I threw miracle at you right now you'd be just as helpless. Go to tempostorm.com right now and on the front page is reynads video series on how to play zoo. Watch that.

Tacitus_

I'm not new.

I'm just new to aggro. Watched hundreds of hours of HS on Twitch but never watched anyone use aggro decks. And playing with aggro? Never thought I'd live to see the day.

Go for face when they have minions you can ignore / don't expect board wipes from them. I sucked at it first as well, but you get a feeling for it after a couple of games.
Go for minions when you know that they'll be trouble if they stay there - stuff like knife jugglers etc.

Yoshichan

Iot7JSu.png

How do I get these backs? Is it the Fireside thingy?

Yoshichan

Well I just demolished this "legendary" player.

Embarrassing.

Edit: And these?

5fCfemD.png

Yoshichan

I like aggro because of that. You either win big or you lose. Still takes some skill mind you - to know what to play around.
No, no. I actually played my "control paladin". I gave aggro two tries and now I'm back to my old deck :(

frequency

I find for the lower ranks with an aggro deck, you win over 50% of matches just by playing without thinking much and running everything into your opponents face (except for obvious threats). It's not until higher ranks that players seem to know how to better handle situations where they don't draw appropriate answers for your rush to stall their death until they do draw answers.

Beginning of season like this though, with the current meta, I actually think aggro isn't doing very well even at the lower ranks.

Except for Zoo. But I'm not really sure Zoo is categorized as aggro. More board control.

Salex_

Man...it gets frustrating playing against the same 3 decks 90% of the time. The other 10% are just variations of the autopilot rushdown. I just played a arrgo Mage lol. Got me down to 15 hp from monsters and I died to spells in turns 6+.

I remember someone saying the upcoming new cards would make rushdown decks even better? I really hope this isn't true.

EDIT: It' so funny watching a Warlock draw a card twice and I already know their entire deck.

Anustart

Ugh. How do people get anything above a rare in packs? I've opened probably 40 packs, it's always the fucking same. 4 cards, swoosh, 1, RRRRRRARE.

Yoshichan

Those were from March or April or something.

The card backs you missed were 'Pandaria' and 'Black Temple' assuming you got the rainbow one.
Ok so I've missed out a total of two card backs, right? The one you quoted and the green one (Black Temple)?

Yoshichan

Thanks. Will check it soon!

Crafting... a ... legendary.... 1600... dust... it's so fucking insane.

zoukka

Arena deck with a good curve, 2 claws, 2 swipe, Sunwalker, DoC, Yetis, Ogres and all around great cards is 0-2 losing to two facedecks because I don't draw taunts or my one heal.

Constructed is zoo.

Arena is zoo.

Fuck this game. Let's have a beer Yoshi.

Yoshichan

Totally. It's on me, man.

Yoshichan

Yep, and the Fireside one - but that is still available. Just need three computers on the same network.

Yeah gonna do Fireside next week.

Tacitus_

Arena deck with a good curve, 2 claws, 2 swipe, Sunwalker, DoC, Yetis, Ogres and all around great cards is 0-2 losing to two facedecks because I don't draw taunts or my one heal.

Constructed is zoo.

Arena is zoo.

Fuck this game. Let's have a beer Yoshi.

Well how was your early game? Can't really hope for late game in arenas if you can't surive the early game.

Awesome! We probably still won't see a lot of female competitors right away but this is definitely a step in the right direction to opening up e-sports. I believe being inclusive will have a positive effect long term for gender equality in e-sports and to truly legitimize it as a thing.

I'm really happy that "the internet" was loud enough for them to change their minds about this. Good job internet!

Maybe it can start with seeing Hafu at more things. She's one of the best players right now and one of the biggest personalities in the HS community but she's like never invited to any tournaments.

Yeah, I am happy to see this change as well.

zoukka

Well how was your early game? Can't really hope for late game in arenas if you can't surive the early game.

Well not enough obviously though I got bursted down pretty hard in the end and no taunts meant I had no say in things. Warlock and Hunter are kinda hard to beat without taunt or heal :(

Oh well it wasn't a 0-3 run at least doing much better now.

And yes Arena is 100% zoo rules and I always forget it and play the value game.

johnsmith

remember me
You always need to draft for the early game in arenas. Quality 2 drops win games. If you spend your turn 2 hero powering you already lost unless your opponent also does.

zoukka

You always need to draft for the early game in arenas. Quality 2 drops win games. If you spend your turn 2 hero powering you already lost unless your opponent also does.

Which is a clear indicative what's wrong about the game. We need stronger control cards. (for other classes than Mage obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom