• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

With Blizzard's history of card nerfs (poor Tinkmaster...), Leeroy nerf would be that he automatically charges at a random target when played.

(I'm not serious)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So here's my attempt to come up with the most ridiculous card I can but still attempt to make it kinda balanced.

etHRhZb.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sargeras should just be

Sargeras
10 cost
99 health 99 dmg
Can not be targeted at all

Battlecry: destroys everything. You win.

ShinNL

Mmmm, it's strange. I know what the current meta is and I have several decks, but I keep falling back to Control Paladin. It just seems to be the most fitting class for control playstyles, with true full board clears and powerful heals carrying you to late game.

My list:

2x Equality
2x Holy Light
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
1x Loot Hoarder
2x Wild Pyromancer
1x Sword of Justice
1x Acolyte of Pain
1x Aldor Peacekeeper
1x Earthen Farseer
2x Harvest Golem
2x Truesilver Champion
1x Blessing of Kings
2x Consecration
2x Hammer of Wrath
1x Spellbreaker
1x Azure Drake
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Sylvanas Windrunner
2x Guardian of Kings
1x Ragnaros the Firelord
1x Ysera

It's the only class that lets me force players into a board game. No false sense of security with taunts (using zero!), just heals and board control.

I win most games by playing it out. I don't actually try to reach for lethal by ignoring minions like most other decks.

I keep hearing that control paladin is falling out of fashion and everyone is going for some kind of aggro or combo. I find that strange since I'm holding up quite well with this deck. It's my goto deck for almost 2 seasons now.

How would you play it, can't get more than 10 mana

You put down two Pint Sized Summoners, then Faceless them both. Then you can play the card.

I think there should be a chance that a Leeroy play just straight up blows up in your face every once in awhile.
I understand your point, and I like the idea, but why have a legendary that has a good chance of just getting itself killed? Outside of Millhouse Manastorm, I can't really think of any other legendary that has a chance to blow up in your face right after using it.

Of course, other than Leeroy, I can't think of another card that a lot of decks hinge on.

Aylinato

I think there should be a unit that makes spells cost (1) more like mana wraith. I would so use them on rogue then stealth them forever muahhahaaahahahahahahaha

frequency

The whelps attacking randomly I think isn't very good anyway. Sometimes Leeroy is played and it doesn't end the game. I'd rather have the whelps then and decide what to do with them. Not have them by chance have attacked some random target on my opponents board for 1 damage, killing themselves.

I would just increase Leeroy cost by 1. Slows it down a little and delays the burst turn. Maybe increase his damage by 1 to offset a bit.

JesseZao

I think there should be a unit that makes spells cost (1) more like mana wraith. I would so use them on rogue then stealth them forever muahhahaaahahahahahahaha

Would be nice to counter innervate plays, too. I assume we'll see something like it eventually.

ZZMitch

Just got Harrison Jones in a pack :D

A good card to slot into certain decks when weapon classes get more popular.

edit: lol I just started a new arena run. In the first game the Priest I was playing did Elven Archer (1 to face) + coin and then ended his turn. On his second turn he healed me, removing the damage from the Elven Archer. Nicest opponent ever!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You can slot Harrison in now for rogue. I really wish I had one.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I wonder why every second or so opponent I play against has a golden hero ability

Not that hard to get if you've played at least 2 seasons. I switch too much but my rogue and war both have 100 wins on them each. Or they did the trick grinding it out around rank 20.

If they make it so you can't use spells on him, than he basically is just a fireball you can't play in many circumstances. That would just straight up kill him as a card.

I still think the best route to go is to make it so that the whelps randomly attack two targets the moment they go down. Currently the whelps are a complete non-factor 95% of the time Leeroy is played, all they do is force Leeroy to be used as a finisher. I think there should be a chance that a Leeroy play just straight up blows up in your face every once in awhile. It fits the card thematically and it would encourage players to have other minions on their side of the board before playing him, so that he can't swing a game so hard.

The whelps may not be a factor when leeroy is played as a finisher. But the whelps are always a factor that often cause leeroy to not be played or a big downside when it is played as a non-finisher.

Cipherr

I like this game but what the hell man. I play in the casual unranked mode and it keeps placing me against people with these legendaries in their decks with stupid health/damage values and incredible special effects, sometimes these cards have BOTH IIRC. Ridiculous. I cannot beat those decks with just the starter cards, and I don't really see how I can earn enough coins to buy decks to earn new cards either, unless I spend money. I suppose thats the point...

I'm an expert

I like this game but what the hell man. I play in the casual unranked mode and it keeps placing me against people with these legendaries in their decks with stupid health/damage values and incredible special effects, sometimes these cards have BOTH IIRC. Ridiculous. I cannot beat those decks with just the starter cards, and I don't really see how I can earn enough coins to buy decks to earn new cards either, unless I spend money. I suppose thats the point...

Casual doesn't mean beginner, though you WILL run up against other beginner decks there too. You do have a hidden mmr but who knows how that works..

Step one for cards/gold is to play the expert AI till you beat them all and you have each class at 10. This will give you around 6-700 gold.

Step two is to check out some of the f2p deck lists like Trump's. Those decks CAN beat legendary decks, but you need to know how to play them. You'll learn how to play them by playing endless games and inevitably getting beaten down like everyone does.

Step three is to check out arena but try to read some guides, watch some videos, watch some streams to understand how to play it. Getting at least 2-3 wins will break you even with 1 pack and some gold or dust. More than 4 wins you'll start seeing a worthwhile return.

Just grind like anyone. I didn't spend a dime in the beginning and just duked it out. Eventually the collection grows, but obviously slower if you're f2p.

Minsc

Gold Member
Turn 1 Mana Wyrm, Turn 2 Knife Juggler, Coin, Mirror Images.

MAKE IT STOP.

I played a game like this just now, only it was me doing the BS lol. Turn 2 KJ, they coined a SoJ to bring the KJ to 3/1, then turn 3 feral spirit (like they didn't know that was coming), followed by turn 4 FTT, and then turn 5 FTT #2 and a 8/2 Arcane Golem right in the middle of the two FTTs for a turn 5 victory.

Why play a 20 turn control game when you can just win it 5 turns (or 4 turns if you're looking at their turn count)?

Violet_0

Banned
played against a freeze mage, exhausted all the fireballs and frost bolts, healed up after Alex - then fucking Antonidas, two more fireballs and a pyroblast. Goddamnit

I'm an expert

played against a freeze mage, exhausted all the fireballs and frost bolts, healed up after Alex - then fucking Antonidas, two more fireballs and a pyroblast. Goddamnit

And he stalled you through all that? Props to him.

I'm an expert

Do you run voids in your handlock or is the card dead 99% of the time?

I'm an expert

well ... it was a freeze mage :(

I just came off of fighting 3 freeze mages. Just not sure how he got rid of all his burn AND stalled you but still managed to drop Antonidas and then get another turn to fireball and then another to pyro. Your draws had to have been terrible.

Violet_0

Banned
I just came off of fighting 3 freeze mages. Just not sure how he got rid of all his burn AND stalled you but still managed to drop Antonidas and then get another turn to fireball and then another to pyro. Your draws had to have been terrible.

I don't remember the exact details but I played as druid, had to use part of my (only) combo early to get rid of the Alex. He drew through his entire deck, so two ice blocks, ice barriers, flamestrikes, doomsayers ... really, the only surprise was Antonidas. After he had used both his fireballs and one frostbolt on my minions I was feeling relatively save and, oh well

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
The whelps attacking randomly I think isn't very good anyway. Sometimes Leeroy is played and it doesn't end the game. I'd rather have the whelps then and decide what to do with them. Not have them by chance have attacked some random target on my opponents board for 1 damage, killing themselves.

I would just increase Leeroy cost by 1. Slows it down a little and delays the burst turn. Maybe increase his damage by 1 to offset a bit.

I'd prefer they make Leeroy take one damage for each spell cast on him. The card itself is fine. It's when he gets stacked with multiple buffs he gets ridiculous. With one damage per spell he could only be buffed once with his two health. That seems reasonable.

I'd prefer they make Leeroy take one damage for each spell cast on him. The card itself is fine. It's when he gets stacked with multiple buffs he gets ridiculous. With one damage per spell he could only be buffed once with his two health. That seems reasonable.

Why would you ever run leeroy then? Why not just stack multiple buffs on arcane golem or wolfrider or even bluegill warrior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom