• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

I'd prefer they make Leeroy take one damage for each spell cast on him. The card itself is fine. It's when he gets stacked with multiple buffs he gets ridiculous. With one damage per spell he could only be buffed once with his two health. That seems reasonable.

Leeroy is reasonable already, because he has a downside big enough to make him almost unplayable on curve. Using him as anything but a finisher is a waste. He's so situational that you have to build the entire deck around him and plan the entire game to maximize his potential. That sounds to me like what a legendary card should be.

You put down two Pint Sized Summoners, then Faceless them both. Then you can play the card.

I understand your point, and I like the idea, but why have a legendary that has a good chance of just getting itself killed? Outside of Millhouse Manastorm, I can't really think of any other legendary that has a chance to blow up in your face right after using it.

Of course, other than Leeroy, I can't think of another card that a lot of decks hinge on.

I had a guy play a Tinkmaster Overspark when the only minion on the board was my Leper Gnome. He may have silenced the death rattle, but I got some really good value out of that 5/5 Devilsaur.

I had a guy play a Tinkmaster Overspark when the only minion on the board was my Leper Gnome. He may have silenced the death rattle, but I got some really good value out of that 5/5 Devilsaur.
Tinkmaster worked fine when used properly. He was great to deal with Sylvanas, Cairn, and other big minions where a 5/5 wasn't an upgrade. Don't think I've ever seen him since, but I do get your point.

You could also make a case with Gelbin but he is pretty much a joke card to begin with.

Mutombo

I got two legendaries yesterday; the Paladin Class one and Malygoss, the 4/12 with spell damage +5.

So how useful would that Malygos be be for Druid/Priest?

Priest would be a killer combination with the Legendary specific that doubles spell damage, and shadow form that makes you do damage instead of heal. Too dependent on draws though.

I think the card comes to late for the druid game, as you've probably already used up all your swipes and star falls.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Reynad made a druid Malygos deck. It was pretty good. I'm sure you can find it somewhere. Priest Maly is about mind blast finisher. Can also do rogue Maly.

Tacitus_

Leeroy is reasonable already, because he has a downside big enough to make him almost unplayable on curve. Using him as anything but a finisher is a waste. He's so situational that you have to build the entire deck around him and plan the entire game to maximize his potential. That sounds to me like what a legendary card should be.

They already nerfed OTKs and Leeroy is only a step down from that. If you can do 20+ dmg from your hand while the opponent has board control there's something wrong.

zoukka

Reynad made a druid Malygos deck. It was pretty good. I'm sure you can find it somewhere. Priest Maly is about mind blast finisher. Can also do rogue Maly.

Velen is already a better Malygos for Priest decks.

Pit Lord should do 3 damage to yourself instead of 5 and nobody would still play him...

frequency

Leeroy costing 1 more fixes a lot of the huge burst turns.

Right now he costs 4.

Leeroy + Shadowstep + Leeroy + Shadowstep + Leeroy
cost is
4 + 0 + 2 + 0 + 2 = 8

If he cost 5.
5 + 0 + 3 + 0 + 3 = 11

You can't cold blood it. To get him out 3 times in 1 turn, you need the coin.

Leeroy > Power Overwhelming > Faceless
4 + 1 + 5 = 10

But if Leeroy cost 5
5 + 1 + 5 = 11

Impossible to do on a single turn unless you have coin.

But Leeroy's damage is balanced. So you'd have to buff his damage up by 1 to keep him playable.

CoolOff

I sort of get that Miracle is "balanced", but playing against it when it gets Gadgetzan + Prep + Prep on turn 5 is just such bullshit. I'm sure there are other builds where the perfect draws are as powerful, but there's just something about Miracle that completely pisses me off.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Right now he costs 4.

cost is
4 + 0 + 2 + 0 + 2 = 8

If he cost 5.
5 + 0 + 3 + 0 + 3 = 11

4 + 1 + 5 = 10

But if Leeroy cost 5
5 + 1 + 5 = 11

But Leeroy's damage is balanced. So you'd have to buff his damage up by 1 to keep him playable.

You could still do Leeroy + Windfury + Rockbiter though.

rac

Banned
I sort of get that Miracle is "balanced", but playing against it when it gets Gadgetzan + Prep + Prep on turn 5 is just such bullshit. I'm sure there are other builds where the perfect draws are as powerful, but there's just something about Miracle that completely pisses me off.

It reminds me of playing against zero in marvel, just watch the movie.

edit: Also I'm not getting any quests.

Tarazet

It reminds me of playing against zero in marvel, just watch the movie.

edit: Also I'm not getting any quests.

The quest reset is happening later in the day now. I played in the morning and didn't get a new quest, then logged in at night and had one.

Tacitus_

Ahaha, shadowstepping coldlight oracles against freeze mage is hilarious. Made him burn pyro, leeroy(?), iceblock and frost nova :D

The quest reset is happening later in the day now. I played in the morning and didn't get a new quest, then logged in at night and had one.

Not only are quests happening later in the day, but the first quest isn't seemingly allowed to be mulliganed for a new one. I had to wait a day to mulligan a shitty quest for a less shitty quest yesterday, but now I picked up another shitty quest :(

So how useful would that Malygos be be for Druid/Priest?
I've seen some druid decks that'll use Malygos and double Moonfire for a 12 damage finisher. Since they're free, you can always pull it off. You probably don't see it much since Savage Force is more damage with less cards.
Ahaha, shadowstepping coldlight oracles against freeze mage is hilarious. Made him burn pyro, leeroy(?), iceblock and frost nova :D
Not sure if you run Saps but don't forget, if you sap and they have a full hand, it'll kill anything for only 2 mana. It's my favorite thing to do against Handlocks and other big hand decks.

Violet_0

Banned
Not only are quests happening later in the day, but the first quest isn't seemingly allowed to be mulliganed for a new one. I had to wait a day to mulligan a shitty quest for a less shitty quest yesterday, but now I picked up another shitty quest :(

apparently you can re-roll a quest 2-3 hours after you get it

Tacitus_

I
Not sure if you run Saps but don't forget, if you sap and they have a full hand, it'll kill anything for only 2 mana. It's my favorite thing to do against Handlocks and other big hand decks.

I do, but they never really played anything. Kept one in hand for possible doomsayer shenanigans.

Make Leeroy summon a Leeroy for everyone who is playing at that exact moment in time. That way everyone can use Leeroy on that turn regardless if it is their turn. If everyone can use Leeroy while everyone else uses Leeroy, then Leeroy is balanced, right?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Funny, but you bring up the real issue with all combos in this game - when it's not your turn you can't do anything. As someone said, you can have full board control, even a taunt, but if they have the right spell (and they probably do) they can clear it and still drop a lot of damage on you. This is the inherent flaw of Hearthstone's can go for face at any time characteristic.

They need just a few more mechanics, not necessarily interrupts or instants, but something akin to secrets that makes the other person have to be a BIT more careful than just counting till turn 9 ok force+savage.

Right now he costs 4.

cost is
4 + 0 + 2 + 0 + 2 = 8

If he cost 5.
5 + 0 + 3 + 0 + 3 = 11

4 + 1 + 5 = 10

But if Leeroy cost 5
5 + 1 + 5 = 11

For faceless combos people will just run arcane golem, bluegill warrior, or wolfrider.

Bluegill + 1 PO + faceless = 8 mana, 12 damage + soulfire 16

Add a second PO and it 20 damage before soulfire for 9 mana.

Ashodin

Everything in general will see less play as people shift to take advantage of the Deathrattle meta. Silence will be the counter, Priestmageddonnnnnnnnn

I'm an expert

Everything in general will see less play as people shift to take advantage of the Deathrattle meta. Silence will be the counter, Priestmageddonnnnnnnnn

You haven't seen the other class cards yet. Hunter could get a silence shot, war a pummel, rogue a kick/cheap/kidney, etc.

I'm an expert

I've gotten 6 legendaries in the last 40 decks. 2 of them were goldens/regulars I already have. Golden Leeroy I de'ed right away but now I got a regular Cairne after having golden Cairne for a while.. problem is I actually like my golden Cairne.. =(

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
First pick in the arena.

Ysera, Sylvanas, or Tirion.

That's a hell of a way to start a draft.

I'm an expert

We already saw all the class cards for Naxx. Each class is only getting 1 new card, all the others are neutral minions.

I didn't know that. Only one new card per class? If so some classes really got fucked lol.

Druid feels pretty much impossible to beat with Kitkatz' warrior. They can deal efficiently with all of my early threats, their midgame minions are way better, their card draw is twice as good, and their finisher combo is way more flexible and easy to use than mine.

On the other hand, my games vs handlock and freeze mage are pretty much free wins, and handlock is like 20% of my matches these days. I wonder how druids do against handlock.

I'm an expert

Druid feels pretty much impossible to beat with Kitkatz' warrior. They can deal efficiently with all of my early threats, their midgame minions are way better, their card draw is twice as good, and their finisher combo is way more flexible and easy to use than mine.

On the other hand, my games vs handlock and freeze mage are pretty much free wins, and handlock is like 20% of my matches these days. I wonder how druids do against handlock.

Has he updated his war? I run Tides' war and it does alright against druid. His estimate is about 60% against most classes except miracle and shaman, with rush decks being 40-50 depending on if you got axe or not.

I actually just crafted a handlock deck because I really wanted to play a meaty deck.

Rockyrock

woah, woah, woah.

I was just playing arena as a warrior. I had a gorehowl and on the second swing I went straight to the face and afterwards it just broke.

wtf, has this ever happened to anyone before?

Vio-Lence

Banned

its a bad matchup, when playing charge druid, control warrior feels like an auto win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom