• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he updated his war? I run Tides' war and it does alright against druid. His estimate is about 60% against most classes except miracle and shaman, with rush decks being 40-50 depending on if you got axe or not.

I actually just crafted a handlock deck because I really wanted to play a meaty deck.

I'm not sure what Kitkatz' deck was like before, but he did some videos with Chanman a few weeks ago with the deck I'm using, so it's recent enough.

I've seen Tides' warrior and I would like to try it but I don't have Ysera.
I do great with Kitkatz...except vs druid (and shaman but I never see shaman).
Here are my stats:
jlu34vQ.jpg

As you can see...I've got some druid problems.

I also made Kolento's handlock too but I have no idea how to play it and it's so unimpressive vs my deck so I haven't really tried.

its a bad matchup, when playing charge druid, control warrior feels like an auto win.

That's my feeling too.

I'm trying a combo warrior deck atm.

I am aiming to do one of these combos to finish my opponent off:

bloodsail raider (buffed by weapon so +2 to +5), charge, faceless
10 mana, up to 18 damage

0 mana molten giant, charge, faceless = 20 damage for 8 mana
8 mana, 20 damage

I'll probably need an owl for silence. Still working a lot of kinks out. I think the deathbiter will help once naxx is released.

Tarazet

I'm trying a combo warrior deck atm.

I am aiming to do one of these combos to finish my opponent off:

bloodsail raider (buffed by weapon so +2 to +5), charge, faceless
10 mana, up to 18 damage

0 mana molten giant, charge, faceless = 20 damage for 8 mana
8 mana, 20 damage

I'll probably need an owl for silence. Still working a lot of kinks out. I think the deathbiter will help once naxx is released.

Don't forget the damage of the weapon itself. So let's say you had a 7/1 Gorehowl in hand.. you would have two 11/3 Bloodsail Raiders with Charge, plus 7 from the weapon = 29 damage. I happen to have two Gorehowls so I would do that for Ooze insurance. :)

johnsmith

remember me
I fucking hate arena now. It's nothing but hit face, and I never have the tools necessary to punish them for playing so recklessly.

Repgnar

I've gotten down to 13 tonight using primarily Handlock. Really fun deck for me. Trying to figure out another deck or two I can play when I either start running into bad luck with Handlock or just want to play another deck. Thinking about the mid range druid decks i've seen around on streams with the Force of Nature/Savage roar combo or maybe something with druid. Want to stay away from Miracle Rogue and Zoolock for personal reasons but i'm pretty open. Are control paladins viable? Saw a streamer running one that looked like it just revolved around controlling the board and healing up whenever he had problems.

EDIT: Oh yea, watching tournament streams of this game is really fun. Getting to hear the caster's opinion on what's going to happen, then deciding for yourself, then finally seeing what the player does is entertaining(And I guess educational in a way) for me.

Don't forget the damage of the weapon itself. So let's say you had a 7/1 Gorehowl in hand.. you would have two 11/3 Bloodsail Raiders with Charge, plus 7 from the weapon = 29 damage. I happen to have two Gorehowls so I would do that for Ooze insurance. :)

True, gorehowl could help me deal with my taunt problem.

Zoo is so boring to face. It's the exact same deck over and over

Oh wow you have the same exact opposite deck that I have. First you're wrong that all zoo is the same, there are a lot of variations of it out there, which is what I hate. I wish it was just all the same.

I hate it when the meta changes. I like it to stay the same so that I know which deck is best and play it and win.

For instance, I'm ticked right now out Magic and how often they're releasing new sets. They come out like every few months and all these new decks pop up that you have be aware of and know how to face it with your current deck.

zoukka

Let the good times roll. Last three matches were against the same guy who also played a Rogue.

I now have 12 runs on Mage, Shaman, Paladin, Hunter and finally Rogue. Don't think I can ever get there with the other classes, maybe Druid some day.

And goddamn has Blizz nerfed the rewards for 12 runs. I remember when I got 2 packs and a golden rare or something like that. Nowadays it's a non-golden card and one pack...

Son1x

Let the good times roll. Last three matches were against the same guy who also played a Rogue.

I now have 12 runs on Mage, Shaman, Paladin, Hunter and finally Rogue. Don't think I can ever get there with the other classes, maybe Druid some day.

And goddamn has Blizz nerfed the rewards for 12 runs. I remember when I got 2 packs and a golden rare or something like that. Nowadays it's a non-golden card and one pack...

It wasn't nerfed, it just happens to be random. You always get a pack and some gold, the other 3 awards can be anything from gold, dust, a golden card or a pack.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Arena

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Golden Shaman is by far the best looking one... every single totem becomes gold and it's all so PURTYYYYYYYYY :_:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is EU Hearthstone lagging like a motherfucking piece of shit for anyone else?

ShinNL

So if theyŕe not changing Leeroy, does this mean I can make a Miracle Shaman in the future? With Ancestral Healing (0), Totemic Might (0), Farsight (can make spells cost 0), 5 types of 1 spell cards for Gadgetzan Cycling, and several combinations for a finisher with Leeroy:

Windfury + Rockbiter,
Rebirth + Ancestral Spirit

With plenty of support cards like Lava Burst and the giant SI:7 Agent: Fire Elemental.

Earth Shock will be the new Sap then.

With all these types of synergies, the deck would gain board control with Violet Teachers and Injured Blademaster and still have plenty of combinations left for a finisher. :eek:

I mean, at 8 mana, you can do Leeroy -> Rebirth -> Rebirth alone for triple Leeroy. If only one Rebirth is drawn, you can substitue it for Ancestral Spirit + Rebirth for a double Leeroy summon.

At 10 mana, you can do combine both double Rebirth and Ancestral Spirit for a quadruple Leeroy attack.

In all cases a Windfury also counts as 'another Leeroy'.

And if you Farsight one of the spells you can potentially do 5+ Leeroy attacks... D:

Useful cards:

Ancestral Healing
Totemic Might
Farsight
Lightning Bolt
Earth Shock
Forked Lightning
Rebirth
Ancestral Spirit
Farsight
Windfury
Rockbiter
Lava Burst

Gadgetzan
Violet Teacher
Injured Blademaster
Azure Drake
Fire Elemental
Loot Hoarder
Manatide Totem
Leeroy Jenkins
Cairne Bloodhoof
Bloodmage Thalnos
Coldlight Oracle

Depending on what works, you could go more miracle or more minion.

This is a version I'd like to try:

Spells: 17
2x Earth Shock
2x Lighting Bolt
2x Rockbiter
2x Earth Shock Frost Shock
2x Ancestral Healing
2x Ancestral Spirit
2x Farsight Totemic Might
2x Rebirth
1x Windfury

Minions: 13
2x Injured Blademaster
2x Azure Drake
2x Gadgetzan
1x Leeroy Jenkins
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Fire Elemental
2x Manatide Totem
1x Coldlight Oracle

Also, Rebirth can be used to debuff minions, so it might also help with untaunting enemy minions.

Edit: replacing Farsight with Totemic Might might be better for Gadgetzan Cycling purposes. They do the same thing essentially except one 3 mana on a certain turn.

Edit2: woops, I put in Earth Shock twice. Replaced with Frost Shock.

Edit3: doing some tests. Acolyte is pain is better than Manatide Totem. Lack of AoE is hurting, replaced Frost Shock with Forked Lightning. Might need Lightning Storm in here somewhere.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, Murlock vs Handlock is so lopsided. I just kill them before they can draw their cards. The only thing that could possibly ruin my day is a Hellfire.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Isn't this matchup heavily favoured for handlock? AoE into fat taunts.

Totally draw dependent (like any class lol). I just had a match where I rekt a zoo, and then the next match got rekt by an aggro mage. It's about not being afraid to tap and trying to stabilize around 5 hp to not die to soul fire. But yeah, if you don't get hellfire or a good shadowflame you're done.

ZealousD

Isn't this matchup heavily favoured for handlock? AoE into fat taunts.

Not in my experience. I can kill them by turn 5. Beating a murloc deck requires keeping murloc minions off the board at all costs. Handlock cannot do that. I have at least two turns to do setup and do whatever the hell I want.

Plus I don't run coldlight.

Holy fuck. Queuing up against nothing but warlocks. And they're about 50/50 zoo/hand so you can't even mulligan correctly.

I almost always mulligan as if they're Zoolock. If it is Zoo, then I'm OK, if it is Handlock, then I still at least have a chance of winning... But if I mulligan for Handlock, by the time I get what I need to deal with a Zoo it would be too late.

I wonder if Blizzard will ever readjust the epic class cards that never get used. Probably not because all classes are doing fine, but I think it would be nice to have more card variance for classes.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I wonder if Blizzard will ever readjust the epic class cards that never get used. Probably not because all classes are doing fine, but I think it would be nice to have more card variance for classes.

Every card game has "bad" cards that never get used. Definitely recommend reading the classic response from MaRo:

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr5

edit: just to add, even though they're not used doesn't mean they can't be. I lost to a shaman today who ran a double far sight deck. Yep.

LaneDS

Enjoyed that the rogue I was playing against let my Grommash sit for a turn, only to let me Faceless + Whirlwind next turn. After getting miracle'd plenty recently, that felt good.

ZealousD

Wow. I think I was up against the worst miracle rogue. Used sap on a loot hoarder. Then he had a 6/4 Van Cleef on the board, while I had a loot hoarder and a leper gnome, at which point he ran his Van Cleef into my leper gnome instead of my face and left my loot hoarder alone. Finished off where I had a knife juggler and he played leeroy (after burning both shadowsteps) on an empty board. And of course my knife juggler killed the leeroy, lol.

NBtoaster

I can probably get to a high rank but I only like using my own decks. Its boring using someone elses deck. Though my decks are built around cheesy combos and are sub optimal.

ZealousD

So, yeah, started noticing this as well, it's a very strange trend.

People keep telling me this is a thing, but I don't see it. I wish more people played recklessly because then it might be easier for me to win games. It's so easy for you to catch up if they are ignoring favorable trades.

My only guess is that you guys aren't getting the early drops you need and so you're starting off on the backfoot early. If you're ahead you don't necessarily need to make 1-for-1 trades when you can force your opponent to do that for you.

Majine

Banned
Okay, the Ice Block description needs to be fucking updated because it doesn't do what it say it does.

Secret: When your hero takes fatal damage, prevent it and become Immune this turn.

This match was coming down to the wire and I thought i'd finish in style, and Ysera's awakening, thinking that Iceblock will save me. Yet it ended in a draw.

I'm an expert

Okay, the Ice Block description needs to be fucking updated because it doesn't do what it say it does.

Secret: When your hero takes fatal damage, prevent it and become Immune this turn.

This match was coming down to the wire and I thought i'd finish in style, and Ysera's awakening, thinking that Iceblock will save me. Yet it ended in a draw.

That's not an iceblock issue, it's a secret issue. Secrets can't be triggered on your own turn.

Take notice of the secret on your hero when it's your turn, you'll see it's turned face down. Means it can't activate during your turn.

Has anyone here participated in any of the weekly Xfire-hosted tournaments? If so, how did it go? I'm considering trying my hand at the one coming up on the 12th. My major concern is I essentially only ever play Shaman, which means I have only a few days to practice and learn two other heroes/decks. Might try a Shockadin deck and then some sort of Ramp Druid to complement my Shaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom