• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Magic is old hat. They've beat it to death by releasing new clients every year.

Duels is an excellent game but they took too long to put in features that should have been there from the beginning.

JesseZao

Duels is an excellent game but they took too long to put in features that should have been there from the beginning.

I agree, but they should have embraced a single client and just kept releasing content for it. Having to buy a fresh client each year has kicked me out of their camp.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I agree, but they should have embraced a single client and just kept releasing content for it. Having to buy a fresh client each year has kicked me out of their camp.

Can't argue that. Same here.

Aylinato

I have 120 gold.

My malygos deck(which whenever I get ysera I'll add her too to fake out people.) is as follows

2 abusive sergeants
2 farsears
2 equality
1 pyro
1 blood knight
2 heals(for now)
2 truesilver
2 hammer of wraith
2 consecration
2 holy wrath(average card cost is 4 so that's what I assume it will hit at the least)
1faceless
2 bgh
1 malygos
2 5/6 heals
2 sub walkers

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yes first wing is free for the first month that it's out. Then you get the discount on the following 4 wings.

You don't get a discount on the other wings, you just don't have to pay for the first.

Iryx

Did Blizzard ever mention how many cards per wing there will be?

30 cards total from all five wings, but the amount of cards from each wing will most likely vary, with Construct Quarter likely having the most since it has 4 bosses and Frostwyrm Lair having the least, since it only has 2.

Hycran

Banned
I have 120 gold.

My malygos deck(which whenever I get ysera I'll add her too to fake out people.) is as follows

2 abusive sergeants
2 farsears
2 equality
1 pyro
1 blood knight
2 heals(for now)
2 truesilver
2 hammer of wraith
2 consecration
2 holy wrath(average card cost is 4 so that's what I assume it will hit at the least)
1faceless
2 bgh
1 malygos
2 5/6 heals
2 sub walkers

I would get rid of the Holy wrath and the hammers of wrath. Also only one bgh is necessary with that many board clears. Stick more minions in there imo

Boba2007

I don't think a better opening hand is possible.
iVpxjy2.png

The statement doesn't seem to be restrictive, he says it can be crafted with dusts, but not that they will be crafted with dusts, meaning there might be other ways to acquire them(achievements). It's also possible achievements simply reward dusts, which then let you buy golden versions of the cards, letting you complete achievements you want instead of specific ones for specific cards.

Thought they'd announce the release date at the same time as the pricing but seems not. Seems end of the month now when rumors said around the 15th a few weeks ago. Especially with the wings opening one per week, you'd think they would be able to release the first wing soonish, but don't see them releasing it without at least a full week(and probably 2) of announcement/hype/promotion.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Actually you do. It said if you buy them individually it's 6.99, 19.99 for all of them together.

It's $19.99 to buy 4 wings in a bundle, regardless of when you buy those 4 wings, that's what I was getting at. Those bundles aren't going away after the launch event.

Takuhi

The statement doesn't seem to be restrictive, he says it can be crafted with dusts, but not that they will be crafted with dusts, meaning there might be other ways to acquire them(achievements).

Here's how the devs announced it on the official boards. Everyone is rightly up in arms about it:

Acquiring golden cards from Heroic Mode bosses was actually something we had in-game during internal testing. We actually received a lot of negative feedback on this method of golden card acquisition. Like I mentioned, Heroic Mode bosses are not easy, and it felt really bad for people that felt like they could never get the golden versions of Naxxramas cards. We made this change to make things more accessible for everyone.

Seems pretty clear they cut it entirely, especially since their marketing is only mentioning a new card back (sigh) as a reward for Heroic mode. Completely bullshit reasoning, since they could easily do both.

JesseZao

Here's how the devs announced it on the official boards. Everyone is rightly up in arms about it:

Code:
Acquiring golden cards from Heroic Mode bosses was actually something we had in-game during internal testing. We actually received a lot of negative feedback on this method of golden card acquisition. Like I mentioned, Heroic Mode bosses are not easy, and it felt really bad for people that felt like they could never get the golden versions of Naxxramas cards. We made this change to make things more accessible for everyone

Seems pretty clear they cut it entirely, especially since their marketing is only mentioning a new card back (sigh) as a reward for Heroic mode. Completely bullshit reasoning, since they could easily do both.

I'd like to hear from a real person that they'd rather save 3200 dust, than beat a hard mode. Only a whale would prefer that.

Thanks hadn't seen the other quote. It does seem a bit weird they'd cut entirely the concept of getting the cards from achievements. So what do the achievements even do then? Gold? Dusts maybe? Cardbacks? That's a lot of cardbacks though.

That said I don't care too much as I don't care about golden cards in general, I like a few of them but I don't really play the game enough to have dusts to waste on crafting golden cards and I haven't played arena in a long time so I'm not getting a constant stream of them. So doesn't affect me too much, just seems weird.

Raxus

The negative feedback was probably from accounting...

Heh, 'likely' more like guaranteed. I am glad people are making a big stink about it on the forums. If Heroic modes are impossible then I'd rather wait for a patch than wait months to get enough dust to get one golden from the set.

For once I agree with all the crazies on the Blizzard forums losing their minds, dust only for the gold versions of these cards in just garbage.

Also, I'm not buying the heroic challenges being so impossible, there will be strategy videos on how to best beat them online the first week

rac

Banned
I just endured playing with the worst paladin deck ever all for the chance of getting 60 gold. It was so bad if you lost to this deck you should just give me your account.

JesseZao

The negative feedback was probably from accounting...

Probably the most likely scenario, ha.

For once I agree with all the crazies on the Blizzard forums losing their minds, dust only for the gold versions of these cards in just garbage.

Also, I'm not buying the heroic challenges being so impossible, there will be strategy videos on how to best beat them online the first week

Yeah, who do they think they're kidding. Are they trying to hide behind the D3, "we made it as difficult as possible, then doubled it" fiasco by saying we're looking out for you so that didn't happen again? Ridiculous.

Gold version costing dust doesn't really affect me since I don't really care about collecting gold versions.

Plus it is prob gonna be a while til they release the next batch of content anyway so something to work for.

Actually I think this whole gold card thing is being blown a little bit out of proportion. Naxx itself is like free for most players. Why should we also get all the gold cards for free? Just seems a bit too much based on the forum responses. We get 5 (or 6?) legendary cards, and 50ish non-legendary cards we know we don't have for the cost of like 20 packs.

I guess for the gold price we pay 28 packs to get 55ish cards. If I bought 28 packs right now I'd get like 95% duplicates just to dust. But on naxx every card I get is a new addition to my set.

While I don't think the gold cards should cost full price via crafting, I don't think we're being shafted in terms of value of buying into naxx with gold or cash.

If you've saved up 1400gold and naxx came out next week, you have 2 weeks before the first paid wing (including the rest of this week in that figure). Even if you only got 40g over 14 days, that is 560 gold. 3 wins per day over 14 days = 140 gold. So you earn 700 gold over 2 weeks, pretty much minimum but I guess you can technically earn less with some quests. You already had 2 wings worth of gold before these past 2 weeks, and you have an additional 2 weeks to get enough gold for the fifth wing.

That may sound like a lot, but it really isn't. That is like 3-6 wins a day on average.

Prodigal

Banned
I'm a relatively new player that generally runs a Priest control deck. Should I disenchant Illidan and Malygos? I already have Ragnaros, was maybe thinking of getting Leeroy or Velen.

I'm a relatively new player that generally runs a Priest control deck. Should I disenchant Illidan and Malygos? I already have Ragnaros, was maybe thinking of getting Leeroy or Velen.

I think priest is about to be very good post-naxxramas. But I don't think Leeroy will be a big component to their success.

I like velen personally. I haven't a ton of experience with priest but I enjoy using that card.

I would disenchant illidan, but maybe keep malygos. Malygos is one of those cards that doesn't necessarily fit into a ton of decks, but can be pretty good when you do have a deck he fits into.

Also, I recommend filling out your library of commons and rares before worrying about legendaries or even sometimes epics. Then again, there is really no really bad way of doing it imo.

Raxus

No.

Both can serve a purpose later on.

Malygos is pretty good now.

iirate

No.

Both can serve a purpose later on.

Malygos is pretty good now.

Absolutely. Illidan is a bad card right now, but there was a point(briefly, when the game was still being played on Cockatrice) where he was considered the most powerful legendary in the game. I doubt it'll happen again, but sometimes good cards just can't find a place in a particular meta, and other times bad cards shine because of the meta at the time.

Absolutely. Illidan is a bad card right now, but there was a point(briefly, when the game was still being played on Cockatrice) where he was considered the most powerful legendary in the game. I doubt it'll happen again, but sometimes good cards just can't find a place in a particular meta, and other times bad cards shine because of the meta at the time.

Original Illidan was crazy; 7 mana for a 7/7 that caused both players to discard 3 cards, then draw 3 cards.

Blah, I was thinking my SW death was a BGH and ancient of war was 5x more effective than it should have been. I feel like noob.

edit:

Good news is I still won but took probably an extra 5 turns because of that lol

edit2:
Mind controlled a malygos, next turn I smite for 7, mind blast for 10, and holyfire for 10, +4 from malygos that druid was dead even from 30hp.

I'm personally guessing next week.

That would be nice and follow somewhat of a pattern..

Wasn't it about a week between the announcement of IOS release overseas of HS and then the US release?

One week between "coming soon" and pricing details..

Now pricing details and saying the game is next..

Next week would fit nicely..It would obviously be Tuesday or bust, wouldn't it?

That would be nice and follow somewhat of a pattern..

Wasn't it about a week between the announcement of IOS release overseas of HS and then the US release?

One week between "coming soon" and pricing details..

Now pricing details and saying the game is next..

Next week would fit nicely..It would obviously be Tuesday or bust, wouldn't it?

I think more than once they have announced info to release it the next week. That is what I am basing my guess on. And someone mentioned 15th release as a rumor like over a week ago as well.

Nirvana

Just spent my first ton of money on this game - $150. I'm fairly happy with what I got, but this game nearly has as much buyer's remorse as Dota 2 hats. I didn't want to spend money, but it was too tempting...

I had to post here where people will understand me throwing my integrity away and paying2win (I still lose).

Playing Miracle Rogue at rank 25 is literally a case of 'I'm bad and I should feel bad'.

I hope you all understand the mixed emotions I have.

I'm having a lot more fun with the game since paying for it though...fucking Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom