• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repgnar

Good idea to hold onto 1600 dust for the release of Naxx? Not necessarily for Naxx cards(can you even craft them) but in case a new deck/meta thing pops up? Otherwise I want to craft Rag.

I love beating control warrior because there was a time where I just didn't understand how to beat them consistently. But now I just smash through them usually.

If they don't get fiery war axe turn 2 and I get a decent minion curve first 5 turns, my win feels like it is sealed already.

This last one even managed to harrison my deadly poisoned dagger. Then I played an azure drake to use backstab and dagger it. But I top decked thalnos and backstabbed the harrison to death lol. Next turn he was at 15 due to geddon, and while I had bgh, I also had 2 cold bloods and 8 damage on board, and top decked an eviscerate. I killed him down to -6 hp, I loved it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just did a double KO and it counted as a defeat. Same for my opponent, I hope?

Boba2007

I just had a very strange game with a druid. First of all I drew at least 8 extra cards the whole game with Circle of Healing + Northshire Cleric combo. I got near to fatigue and then.. I thoughtstole 2 legendaries, giving me 4 legendaries in my hand.

JzhH9n0.png

I used the Black Knight on then Senjin, then he played a Ancient of War. I decided the best (aka most fun) way to go would be to play my Sylvannus.. and then Shadow Word: Death her, stealing the tree.

But oh ya... he has the Black Knight. Oops.

Luckily that was all he had, and on my first turn of fatigue I killed him with the Velen + Mind Blast combo. Crazy game.

Have a the 1/1 - 3/1 and 3/3 shielded minions on deck, drop an argent defender to give a shield to a random silver hand, then drop the fucking blood knight for 15/15

get silenced right away... I still won, but seriously, let me have a little fun :(

Xyphie

Cheaper than I expected. Though it'd be around $25-30 total bundled or 1000 gold / wing. Saved up way more gold than I needed lol.

TomServo

I'll be paying $19.99. Still need a lot of cards, paying for Naxx in cash and spending gold on packs makes more sense for me.

$20 was as much as I would have spent.

GeoGonzo

Cheaper than I expected too.

Weird how heroic Naxxramas seems to reward just a card back, we still don't know how golden Naxx cards are gained.

Heel

Seems like they wanted a bit of incentive to spend real money, which makes sense.

$19.99 gets you 15 packs (1500 gold)
$19.99 gets you 4 Nax wings (2800 gold)
2800 gold gets you 28 packs

So it's a 13 pack premium to use your gold instead of spend money, if you want to look at it like that.

Zafir

Ergh. As someone who only started at the weekend, the pricing doesn't particularly make me jump for joy. I'm already behind on owning cards for decks and now I'm going to have trouble affording these wings too due to the slow gold gain. :(

Just paying money doesn't sit well with me either, since it's most likely going to be $24.99 = £24.99 which couldn't be further from the actual conversion rate.

I might just buy it with actual money. $20 isn't that bad (cheaper than I expected) and I've spent a bunch of gold recently on packs so I'm pretty low on gold at the moment - probably won't be able to save up 2800 before it releases. Would be the first time I've paid for anything since beta, on which I spent maybe $10 tops.

Strider

I might just buy it with actual money. $20 isn't that bad (cheaper than I expected) and I've spent a bunch of gold recently on packs so I'm pretty low on gold at the moment - probably won't be able to save up 2800 before it releases. Would be the first time I've paid for anything since beta, on which I spent maybe $10 tops.

Well they don't all release at once so you'll have plenty of time to save up gold especially since we don't have a release date yet. Plus there's always the option to just wait until you have the gold. It's not like you have to get it the exact day it releases.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I've been farming Gold for a month or so and i have near 3K.
We just need a release date now.

Kenaras

$5 per wing (when buying more than one) is less expensive than I expected. I've actually been looking for a reason to give Blizzard money for this game, so I'll probably spend 1400g plus $10 to unlock everything. (I've never felt packs or Arenas offered a good value for the money spent.)

Note than in terms of dollar-to-gold value, spending real money on Naxx is the most cost-effective option available. So anyone who is thinking about spending money on packs should use gold instead, and use their money for Naxx.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Good thing I didn't store up too much gold, then. Got 500 gold to spend on arenas now I guess.

Alright, time to start saving. Shouldn't be too hard to hit 700 per wing. When does the first (free) wing release... I guess they didn't mention that part still?

GeoGonzo

Ergh. As someone who only started at the weekend, the pricing doesn't particularly make me jump for joy. I'm already behind on owning cards for decks and now I'm going to have trouble affording these wings too due to the slow gold gain. :(

Just paying money doesn't sit well with me either, since it's most likely going to be $24.99 = £24.99 which couldn't be further from the actual conversion rate.

Surprise! It's £17,49. But since the first one is free you'd pay £13,99 ($19,99) for the other 4.

frequency

Finally a price released. I hope actual release isn't too far off.

I really wanted the 500g price. Luckily I have a little over 2800g saved up.

Water

It's slightly more expensive in real money than I would have thought... then again, possibly I have underestimated the longevity of the content in a single wing?

I predicted one thing right though - that Naxx will offer a better real money to gold conversion rate than the usual packs/arena. F2P games should have one "good deal" purchase to lure people to spend money in the first place, and this is it for Hearthstone. Since I'm not even close to having all the cards I want, makes sense for me to pay real money for Naxx too.

Nice non-pushy pricing in the sense that you can freely buy wings with gold and then choose to pay real money for the rest, and will not end up paying more money per wing than if you had bought all of them immediately. The exception is the EU "three wings" deal, where you pay a little bit more per wing, that's weird.

It was a rumor that Naxx would release on the 15th, right? Or did that just turn out to be a coincidence? Would be awesome to get it started next week.

Cheaper than I expected too.

Weird how heroic Naxxramas seems to reward just a card back, we still don't know how golden Naxx cards are gained.

I assume you just have to craft the golden versions of the cards.

Perhaps you can unpack golden Naxx cards from booster packs after the expansion as well?

JesseZao

Perhaps you can unpack golden Naxx cards from booster packs after the expansion as well?

I doubt any card from naxx will involve crafting. If anything, goldens will probably be unlocked by completing challenge or heroic modes.

GeoGonzo

That's the thing, I'm almost certain that they've already said that NO naxxramas card will ever be found in booster packs. AFAIK golden Naxx cards are still a mystery.

JesseZao's theory sounds reasonable, but that would mean that there's more to Naxx than just a few bossfights per wing.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
If we get to keep the first wing unlocked after playing it during the first month, I might just pay real money for the other four and spend my gold on packs and arena. It depends how substantial the content is though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok so first wing is gonna be free, right? And then if you pay 1 wing each, it's gonna be a total of 24 euro, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom