• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Two DQ's resulting in a loss and followed by playful sprites. Right after I play risk free and have made the most awesome deck in arena ever. 3 Unbounds and 4 lightning bolts. Fuck you blizzard and fuck your cheap ass servers.

I generally only concede when someone starts playing far more cards than they need to when they already have lethal out. I got distracted one time and quit the game from that menu instead of conceding and immediately laughed at the thought that my opponent probably thinks I ragequit.

People miss lethal sometimes though. So I guess I always hope they do.

Lyng

Two DQ's resulting in a loss and followed by playful sprites. Right after I play risk free and have made the most awesome deck in arena ever. 3 Unbounds and 4 lightning bolts. Fuck you blizzard and fuck your cheap ass servers.

So infuriating...There should be some way to get your gold back when stuff like that happens.

frequency

I miss lethal a lot...

I sometimes get so focused on trading minions (which is what I enjoy the most -- I should really try to play more Arena) that I just don't pay attention to my opponents health and my on board damage.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I miss lethal a lot...

I sometimes get so focused on trading minions (which is what I enjoy the most -- I should really try to play more Arena) that I just don't pay attention to my opponents health and my on board damage.
Good habit is to count dmg on board and in hand every turn.

suko_32

I was disenchanting some extra common/rares mindlessly yesterday and accidently disenchanted my extra legendary Harrison. Luckily I still have one and was thinking of doing it anyway...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I was disenchanting some extra common/rares mindlessly yesterday and accidently disenchanted my extra legendary Harrison. Luckily I still have one and was thinking of doing it anyway...

What were you gonna do with the extra Harrison anyway? He's not going to get nerfed.

suko_32

What were you gonna do with the extra Harrison anyway? He's not going to get nerfed.

Nothing, but I wasn't really in need for dust and I just got the extra a couple of days ago. I'm just glad I didn't dust a different legendary that I have a single copy of.

Alrus

Nothing, but I wasn't really in need for dust and I just got the extra a couple of days ago. I'm just glad I didn't dust a different legendary that I have a single copy of.

Can't you just get the card back if you notice it immediately anyway?

Nerubian Egg will allow Rogues to get a pretty decent board presence on turn 5 with an SI:7 Agent. Can see an outside chance of being played with a Fire Elemental as well. But those are both already mandatory cards for their classes.

I'm thinking Nerubian Egg plus Hellfire. Warlock can clear the board and play two 4/4s for 7 mana.

zoukka

You need to force the enemy to kill Nerubian Egg or to buff it and trade for it to have any good value. Abusive sergeant is the best synergy with dem eggs.

ZealousD

You need to force the enemy to kill Nerubian Egg or to buff it and trade for it to have any good value. Abusive sergeant is the best synergy with dem eggs.

Flametongue Totem is another option. Or you could go for taunts with Sunfury Protector or Defender of Argus.

Zoo could also use them for AOE insurance.

zoukka

Flametongue Totem is another option. Or you could go for taunts with Sunfury Protector or Defender of Argus.

Yeah zoo is the deck I see them as viable cards. Not elsewhere straight away, but it's impossible to see the coming meta yet.

ZealousD

Yeah zoo is the deck I see them as viable cards. Not elsewhere straight away, but it's impossible to see the coming meta yet.

I just imagined a Young Priestess buffing an egg out of AOE range. Got to be careful with that combo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ehOzIiA.jpg

Let the raging on iPad begin!!!

Paladin can do it as well to accompany pyromancer -> equality. No one likes 3 card combos though.

It doesn't have to be played as all 3 cards. You could do Nerubian Egg + Hellfire for five mana. Nerubian Egg + Power Overwhelming would work well, too. It could work with Bane of Doom, as well, but that's kind of expensive and probably less useful than just killing an enemy minion with BoD.

Flametongue would work well. I'd rather use Inner Rage or Cruel Task master than Sunfury or DoA.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
If you already run abusive, dark iron, shattered sun, and argus then you have 8 activators for the egg and probably don't need any more. I don't think zoo needs other cards to make the egg viable.

It also probably has a place in shamans who run flametongue and rockbiter and maybe argus. Especially since 2-4 damage AoE is what shamans fear most already when it comes to board control. But that assumes that flametongue is still 'in' after the new cards.

Violet_0

Banned
Would be sweet to have Naxx tomorrow. Having a friendly tournament this weekend and it would make it a bit more exciting.

if Naxx were to come out tomorrow surely they'd have announced it by now

I don't really mind anymore if it's released in like the last week of July or next month or whatever, got another card game to look forward to tomorrow

the nerubian egg will be pretty good in shaman I bet, with rockbiters and flametounge and rebirth

ShinNL

Freaking face players.

Rogue plays Azure Drake.
I play Sylvanas.
Rogue plays Argent Commander and goes for face.

I go "F you tacticless bitch" and kill the Azure Drake, Hammer of Wrath my own Sylvanas to steal a fresh Argent Commander and heal myself with Earthen Farseer.

The match continues that way btw: Another Argent Commander to my face and I just clear it with my minions and respond with Guardian of Kings.

This is why a heal deck rocks. Punishes face players so much harder than taunts ever will.

I've been tweaking my deck to perfection in the mean time. I noticed that Darkscale Healer heals too little and doesn't provide what I need at 5 mana, so I replaced it with Youthful Brewmaster since it can serve the same purpose but better (bouncing back either Earthen Farseer or Guardian of Kings). I noticed it synergizes extremely well with Aldor Peacekeeper as well. Definitely a keeper.

I also noticed that Dark Iron Dwarf is hard to get value of because usually my early game consists of summoning recruits twice, which are often killed or bullied by Shaman's value weapon. So I replaced it with Hammer of Wrath, which gives me the reach and cycling I need (can't ever have my clearing combos too early in my hand).

Tweaking is so much fun and man do I love to play Paladin. 100% my style.

Current Decklist:

2x Equality
2x Holy Light
2x Wild Pyromancer
2x Youthful Brewmaster
2x Earthen Farseer
2x Aldor Peacekeeper
2x Hammer of Wrath
2x Sword of Justice
2x Truesilver Champion
2x Concecration
2x Azure Drake
1x Captain Greenskin
1x Sylvanas Windrunner
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
2x Guardian of Kings
1x Ragnaros the Firelord
1x Tirion Fordring
1x Ysera

ZealousD

I'd tell you to insure it against accidental damage... but that would be insurance fraud.

"Yeah I'd like to file a claim? I dropped my iPad and it broke in half."

"It broke in half? From fall damage?"

"....yes."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Let's go

Both iPads are connected to the same Wifi... Why can't they find each other in "players near me"?

Lelex

Neo Member
Let's go

Both iPads are connected to the same Wifi... Why can't they find each other in "players near me"?

Try deleting the accounts from the friends lists of the others and then reopen Hearthstone. Seems a little contrived, but that's what fixed it for me!

centracore

Let's go

One thing my friends and I ran into while unlocking the Fireside Gathering card back was if the accounts are already on each other's friends list the players near me function won't work and as such you couldn't unlock the card back. If that's what you're running into just delete them all off each other's friends list and log off / log on and it should work.

Yoshichan

You can get the fireside backside in 5 mins with a program that emulates the network.
How long would that take me? And would I only be required to download it on my PC?

ZealousD

I've always wondered what the most fatigue damage you could take is. Need to build a healadin deck of some sort that could test the theory.

Yoshichan

One thing my friends and I ran into while unlocking the Fireside Gathering card back was if the accounts are already on each other's friends list the players near me function won't work and as such you couldn't unlock the card back. If that's what you're running into just delete them all off each other's friends list and log off / log on and it should work.

Just did this and didn't help.

Wait, my two other accounts have only unlocked Mage and a few other classes... is that affecting me somehow?

I've always wondered what the most fatigue damage you could take is. Need to build a healadin deck of some sort that could test the theory.

Your best bet would be Warrior since Paladin would be capped at 30 max health plus a few heals. I figure with a Warrior deck containing nothing but heals and armor cards, you could build up your armor very very high, especially if you're playing against a friend and you have Armorsmiths... maybe some Faceless Manipulators to clone your Armorsmiths. Face a Priest and play with Lorewalker Cho to make copies of Whirlwind and Circle of Heal and spam both to keep adding armor and then healing up your minions. Could get tons of armor that way and probably generate some massive fatigue situations.

Yeah, I think if you have 7 Armorsmiths on the board, then just spam Whirlwinds and Circles of Healing (each cast of Whirlwind giving you 49 armor), you can easily get into the thousands worth of Armor. To get 7 Armorsmiths, you cast two, then make two copies with Faceless Manipulator, then your opposing Priest Mind Controls your non-Armorsmith minions so you gain copies of Mind Control (you'll need two Lorewalker Cho on the field I think), then the Priest uses Faceless Manipulator twice on your Armorsmiths plus casts a third Faceless Manipulator or Armorsmith (which they'd have had to grab by Thoughtsteal), then you Mind Control his Armorsmiths to your side, leaving you with 7 Armorsmiths. Now, since he has two Lorewalker Cho in-play, you play Whirlwind a couple of times, the Priest then plays it plus Circle of Healing, and back and forth you go.

I guess the problem here, I just realized, is that the Priest will die well before you would... maybe you'd have to face a Warrior for this to work, but then without Circle of Healing you cannot Whirlwind as effectively.

frequency

You get a maximum of 49 turns. On the 50th turn, both players explode.

You can get higher Fatigue damage using 2 priests with Northshire Clerics and Faceless Manipulators and Circle of Healing (and getting lucky with Thoughtsteals) than you can by surviving 49 turns.

ZealousD

Your best bet would be Warrior since Paladin would be capped at 30 max health plus a few heals. I figure with a Warrior deck containing nothing but heals and armor cards, you could build up your armor very very high, especially if you're playing against a friend and you have Armorsmiths... maybe some Faceless Manipulators to clone your Armorsmiths. Face a Priest and play with Lorewalker Cho to make copies of Whirlwind and Circle of Heal and spam both to keep adding armor and then healing up your minions. Could get tons of armor that way and probably generate some massive fatigue situations.

Actually it would have to be a mirror match where both players are playing the same thing. Otherwise the other person dies first. So while using Cho and a priest might be good for breaking armor records, not a good option for fatigue. But I think you are right. Armor every turn and the put down 4 armorsmiths for each side, then 3 other 4hp+ minions per side and spam whirlwind? Maybe have Lorewalker Cho to have shield block passed back and forth? The main concern is the rest of your deck that can't fit. Gotta find a way to burn cards.

Actually it would have to be a mirror match where both players are playing the same thing. Otherwise the other person dies first. So while using Cho and a priest might be good for breaking armor records, not a good option for fatigue. But I think you are right. Armor every turn and the put down 4 armorsmiths for each side, then 3 other 4hp+ minions per side and spam whirlwind? Maybe have Lorewalker Cho to have shield block passed back and forth? The main concern is the rest of your deck that can't fit. Gotta find a way to burn cards.

What I wouldn't give for a "no rules" mode where I could mix and match cards from different classes, have more than 2 copies of cards, have more than 30 cards, etc. I remember making stupid house rules all the time when I played Magic and Pokemon. Never turned out as well as I had dreamed, bu tit was fun to try.

I'm sure I'm being far too hopeful for something like that to happen with HS.

ZealousD

You getYou can get higher Fatigue damage using 2 priests with Northshire Clerics and Faceless Manipulators and Circle of Healing (and getting lucky with Thoughtsteals) than you can by surviving 49 turns.

Why get lucky with thoughtsteals when you could Cho/Mind Vision?

Also how would you survive that long? Circle of Healing doesn't heal the priest.

ViviOggi

What I wouldn't give for a "no rules" mode where I could mix and match cards from different classes, have more than 2 copies of cards, have more than 30 cards, etc. I remember making stupid house rules all the time when I played Magic and Pokemon. Never turned out as well as I had dreamed, bu tit was fun to try.

I'm sure I'm being far too hopeful for something like that to happen with HS.

Coming together with spectator mode in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom