• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Two BGH will shut them right up. Execute and shield bash should take care of the rest.

BGH? It's a dead card against druids.

Faceless Manipulators are the shit that keeps me alive to a certain point. Then the double combo sweeps everything.

They need to nerf Druid unless Naxx somehow shifts the meta and Druid isn't favoured against 90% of the decks.

Raxus

BGH? It's a dead card against druids.

Faceless Manipulators are the shit that keeps me alive to a certain point. Then the double combo sweeps everything.
Gotta think outside the box. You can boost the 5 attack minions to 7 and shoot them down. The hardest creature to deal with effectively is the druid of the claw but druid is already an inefficient class and you have stronger draw power.

And then I see my opponent playing 6 turns while I can't do anything and then I get this sped up fuse so I can't do anything again...

WHAT THE FUCK

This happened to me last night, but I was the one able to play turns. I thought my opponent was just trolling me as they had greatly drummed me down within a few turns, only to be playing nothing. I was waiting for a killer combo strike from them around turn 8 as the mana climbed, but it never came - so I was left to finish them off and walk away with a cheap win.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!

ehOzIiA.jpg

Let the raging on iPad begin!!!

Return the screen guards. You don't need them at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Return the screen guards. You don't need them at all.
Bro :(... If it wasn't for them... yeah let's just say I've already tried your suggestion for my previous iPad and iPhone.

Yoshichan

One or two Argus' for control decks (mage/paladin)?

Nothing but Druids at high ranks. My control warrior am cry.

I switched to handlock specifically to counter druids. Druid has become the #1 class I faced this week. I am 9 and 0 vs druids in the past 5 days. Just keep dropping giants until they concede. Feels good.

zoukka

Gotta think outside the box. You can boost the 5 attack minions to 7 and shoot them down. The hardest creature to deal with effectively is the druid of the claw but druid is already an inefficient class and you have stronger draw power.

You are tripping man. But yeah I might try the BGH's. I really need all the removal available against druids. Leave one little shit on board and you are dead on turn 9.

Strider

Always two.

I can only speak for Paladin but that's not true. one is fine. I'm actually running zero right now in my control Paladin deck. I swapped an Argus out for a spellbreaker since I've been going up against a whole bunch of druid's and handlocks who love to Faceless Tirion. This way I have an extra silence for it if that happens.

ZZMitch

I switched to handlock specifically to counter druids. Druid has become the #1 class I faced this week. I am 9 and 0 vs druids in the past 5 days. Just keep dropping giants until they concede. Feels good.

I need to finish my handlock deck. Still missing a faceless and both mountain giants though. My secret/face hunter is horrible against most druid decks so I need to get handlock ready soon!

Willectro

Banned
Battle Net
0 Mana
Combo: Push release date back 1 week, then return this card to your hand.
You didn't think it was this week, did you?

5 win arena. 50 dust, 55 gold, and this pack.

Not even mad it's a 'bad' legendary since I was playing around with a spell rogue deck that could use this as a finisher. Still sad 10 months in I've yet to get a golden legendary though.

I'd say Malygos is one of the better "bad" legendaries, can make a lot of fun decks with it just to mess with people. Almost every classes gets a 0 or 1 cost nuke you can combo with it on turn 9-10 and that makes for very fun finishes, it's not really like the most efficient card you can put in your deck but it's not really a bad one either and it's even actually good in some decks(mostly rogue but moonfire druid deck is pretty hilarious too if you get the ramp/innervates to start moonfiring on turn 6 or whatever).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not even mad it's a 'bad' legendary since I was playing around with a spell rogue deck that could use this as a finisher. Still sad 10 months in I've yet to get a golden legendary though.

Golden legendaries are pretty rare. I've pulled 8 legendaries from packs and none of them were golden.

I'd say Malygos is one of the better "bad" legendaries, can make a lot of fun decks with it just to mess with people. Almost every classes gets a 0 or 1 cost nuke you can combo with it on turn 9-10 and that makes for very fun finishes, it's not really like the most efficient card you can put in your deck but it's not really a bad one either and it's even actually good in some decks(mostly rogue but moonfire druid deck is pretty hilarious too if you get the ramp/innervates to start moonfiring on turn 6 or whatever).

I once drafted Malygos in arena with like 3+ Moonfire. It was a blast. I think I won about 6 matches too so not bad considerinng how gimmicky I built the damn deck.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Golden legendaries are pretty rare. I've pulled 8 legendaries from packs and none of them were golden.

I've gotten two, Cairne and Leeroy AND their regular versions. Game loves to give me dust.

Salex_

Can I play against a different deck for once? Please? 7 zoolocks in a row so far...

EDIT: Looks like I got my wish. Now I'm playing against handlock. yay

The game is telling me to is an arrgo deck. I couldn't win in 4 turns and this is what happens.

T4 4/9 minion > got rid of it with silence +1 dmg
T5 Giant > got rid of it with a frog
controlled the board and lost it via AOE
fast forward to alexas bringing my hp down to 15 . Couldn't kill it in one turn so I put down a taunt.
Next turn 2 more giants with taunts on the board.GG.

If i used zoolock none of this would have happened.

zoukka

For two days now this game has lagged like a motherfucked for me... no other game does this.

And now my opponent had the same issue. He couldn't do anything. Why keep the game online if it's fucking broken?

Just got my first legendary: hogger.

Mostly playing an aggro hunter. Thoughts?

He's not appropriate for an aggro hunter, too slow. He's a silverhand knight who's squire has taunt for 1 extra mana. He's good in priest control decks and against priests in general, but most other match ups he's just removal bait, and expensive removal bait at that.

(edit) I just realized, since I got Onyxia and now Malygos today, I'm only a single dragon away from making my all dragon deck! Just need Nozdormu!

Alrus

For two days now this game has lagged like a motherfucked for me... no other game does this.

And now my opponent had the same issue. He couldn't do anything. Why keep the game online if it's fucking broken?

But it's not broken for 99% of the players though.

jkanownik

I had a game last night where my opponent gave me a GG because I had 8 life versus his 30 and it was his turn and I was exposed. He got me down to 2 life and dropped a Faceless to copy my Malygos. I had mirror entity active and ended up with 2 x Malygos. 20 damage Pyroblast + 2x Malygos + a Swamp Ooze = game over.

ShinNL

I had a game last night where my opponent gave me a GG because I had 8 life versus his 30 and it was his turn and I was exposed. He got me down to 2 life and dropped a Faceless to copy my Malygos. I had mirror entity active and ended up with 2 x Malygos. 20 damage Pyroblast + 2x Malygos + a Swamp Ooze = game over.
It's funny because Pyroblast is the most inefficient spell for double Malygos. There is actually no other spell that has a lower value increase than Pyroblast does.

JesseZao

He may have thought it was ice block and that you'd drop alex next turn. Since he couldn't kill you, that'd be a loss for him most likely.

Zemm

came back from a 6 month break, this game is awful for someone with just basic and some budget cards, everyone I've faced has some top cards and/or legendaries. I feel bad for people new to the game.

Minsc

Gold Member
came back from a 6 month break, this game is awful for someone with just basic and some budget cards, everyone I've faced has some top cards and/or legendaries. I feel bad for people new to the game.

If you're returning or new to the game you need to set your priorities properly. Figure out what you want out of the game.

Do you want to hit legendary in your first month of playing? Probably not going to happen, set yourself a more realistic goal, unless you have a ton of time to grind through the ladder, and plan on researching the various meta decks and can get enough dust to make one or two of the cheaper ones (zoo + something else).

If you're not going for legendary, you probably shouldn't be too upset with the matchups, just play a mix of casual and ranked until you reach rank 20 to get the month's card back, knowing you won't be advancing in ranked too much further. Remember casual aims to have you losing 50% of your matches, so even if you had every card in the game, you'd probably not be winning any more often. Throw in an Arena entry every couple days, but don't burn right through it. Maybe play 2-3 arena matches, and then the rest of your games do casual until your dailies are done (be sure respin for the 60 or 100 ones). Then move on to something else until the next day.

If you just put in an hour or so a day, you'll have more fun and eventually get to the point where you're far enough along to compete with many different decks and reach much higher up the ladder without much trouble or needing to rely on running a zoo deck.

Edit: Another thing to pay attention to when losing is when did you know how you'd lose the game? If it wasn't in advance of the card(s) being played that killed you, then you probably didn't play the game as well as you could have. Knowing what you're playing against before it is played is probably just as important as having the cards you need to win, because predictably playing right in to a trap or the other player's cards is something that can often be avoided or minimized. So basically, even if you lose a lot, there's still a ton of room for improvement and there's a lot you can take out of a loss in to the next match up against that deck type.

Zemm

I've reached rank 13 (now 14) with a budget/basic deck but I'm at a point where almost every deck has an alextraza, malygos, rag, even a couple of mountain giants and so on and that one card does turn the match on it's head almost every single time. I don't really care for ranks, just the grinding for decent coins is a bit annoying but I knew what I got into.

This priest deck got me to 15. I bet with a couple more epics, it could be something:

oSFRUJ4.png

There's a Mind Control at the bottom.

My favorite move in the entire game is using Shadow Madness to steal an opponent's minion for a turn, using that minion to my advantage, and then straight up stealing it for myself with one of the Brewmasters.

Second favorite move is making a copy of Velen and getting insane Holy Novas or Holy Fires off of it.

This deck used to have every silence in the game that priests can use, which was hilarious when it really paid off, but it was too inconsistent. I bet it'll be amazing when Naxx arrives. Silence + Brewmaster to get the silencer back is real fun.

ZealousD

This priest deck got me to 15. I bet with a couple more epics, it could be something:

http://i.imgur.com/oSFRUJ4.png

There's a Mind Control at the bottom.

My favorite move in the entire game is using Shadow Madness to steal an opponent's minion for a turn, using that minion to my advantage, and then straight up stealing it for myself with one of the Brewmasters.

Second favorite move is making a copy of Velen and getting insane Holy Novas or Holy Fires off of it.

This deck used to have every silence in the game that priests can use, which was hilarious when it really paid off, but it was too inconsistent. I bet it'll be amazing when Naxx arrives. Silence + Brewmaster to get the silencer back is real fun.

Eh I dunno man. I see a lot of issues with that deck. Some cards like a single Abomination and the Raging Worgen don't make much sense to me. Shieldbearers are really weak for priest unless you can hit it with Inner Fire. You have Inner fire but the only thing you're using it on are those shieldbearers. So you need the stars to align for those two cards to work. You have Divine Spirit but you have a lot of minions with weak HP levels. I think having Divine Spirit is generally a weak idea unless you have Light Spawns in the deck.

Eh I dunno man. I see a lot of issues with that deck. Some cards like a single Abomination and the Raging Worgen don't make much sense to me. Shieldbearers are really weak for priest unless you can hit it with Inner Fire. You have Inner fire but the only thing you're using it on are those shieldbearers. So you need the stars to align for those two cards to work. You have Divine Spirit but you have a lot of minions with weak HP levels. I think having Divine Spirit is generally a weak idea unless you have Light Spawns in the deck.
Thanks for the tips! Usually I end up with a 1/5 Cleric in the first couple of turns that can turn into 5/5 if I need it. I think I agree with you on the Divine Spirit, though somehow I've had a lot of games where I get to use it on Velen + make a copy of it.

The Abomination and Worgen together are a killer combo. It's saved my ass more times than I ever thought it would, but I bet that's just from low level opponents. Wish I had more card slots to get 2 of each in there, because adding more takes away from the rest of what the deck's trying. Nova's my only other way to clear the board.

ZealousD

The Abomination and Worgen together are killer combo. Wish I had more card slots to keep going with it.

You only have one of each though. So how often do you actually have an enraged Worgen you can use? Worgen makes more sense for mage decks because their hero power can activate the enrage.

Generally, you want to avoid getting "one of" anything unless its an expensive card. You want consistency in your decks so that you have a strategy each game.

Yeah, it's one of those combos you don't see that often, but works out really well.

I got you beat. Today someone played Alarm-o-Bot and Doomsayer. My turn, I left them alive. His turn, Doomsayer peocs first killing everything, but Alarm-o-Bot procs afterwards, bringing a minion from his hand into play. Strangely, the Alarm-o-Bot returns to his hand (doesn't die) and the minion swapped with AoB also doesn't die. On his turn he re-plays AoB... And it dies instantly the moment it hits the playing field.

"Oops."

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Had a guy with 5 mana play nothing and end his turn followed by an "oops " from him. I ended my turn without playing anything, got a well played from him. Felt good.

Still pounded his ass though.

LaneDS

Speaking of end of turn procs, is it random which end of turn proc goes off first when you have multiple minions that can do so?

Example: Raganros & Geddon, is Rag always going to fire before Geddon, or is it random?

Yeah, it's one of those combos you don't see that often, but works out really well.

I didn't know you could do that either, but Youthful Brewmaster + Shadow Madness = 6 mana to steal a 3 or less attack minion, then you have to pay its cost to put it back on the board. Shadow Madness is much more efficient if you use it to steal a low cost minion and then trade it with another low cost minion, or combine it with Holy Smite to trade up a little, bonus points if you steal a Loot Hoarder or a Harvest Golem.

You only have one of each though. So how often do you actually have an enraged Worgen you can use? Worgen makes more sense for mage decks because their hero power can activate the enrage.

I like Raging Worgens in a Warrior Deck. It combos well with Cruel Taskmaster and Inner Rage. I also put them in a Paladin deck with Scarlett Crusaders and Redemption. It's pretty fun to have a Raging Worgen come back from the dead, drop an Argent Protector on him, and have him wreck two enemies or throw a Blessing of Might on him for 14 face damage.

frequency

Over 19k people are watching trump watching Kolento play. I don't get it.

I like Trump but I find those streams ridiculous. He's done it a few times. People would watch Trump watching someone else play even while the person Trump is watching was actually streaming at the time.

It's really crazy. If Trump really wants to learn, he can do this on his own time rather than streaming it.

I would usually defend him but it's stunts like this that give me a glimpse of why people like Ek0p and Kripp don't respect Trump and find him to be greedy or whatever.

Yoshichan

Had a guy with 5 mana play nothing and end his turn followed by an "oops " from him. I ended my turn without playing anything, got a well played from him. Felt good.

Still pounded his ass though.

This is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom