• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

Why get lucky with thoughtsteals when you could Cho/Mind Vision?

Also how would you survive that long? Circle of Healing doesn't heal the priest.

You wouldn't be surviving for 49 turns. You would just set up 1 big turn after your draw deck is empty where you draw a lot of cards at once.

Taking +1 fatigue damage a turn for 49 turns won't get as much as drawing a ton of cards at once.

Here's an example: http://youtu.be/hVk_1iESKB8

You won't get anywhere near that by just surviving 49 turns (which you can do with Warriors).

Anyone care to recommend a good deck building website? I'm starting to get back into Hearthstone and I'm looking for the best source of reading. The most straight forward and simple reading possible.

Alrus

So is everyone in casual running legend level decks these days? It's getting hard getting wins with non perfect competitive decks :/

ViviOggi

So is everyone in casual running Rag these days? It's getting hard getting wins with non perfect competitive decks :/

Big_Game_Hunter%2873%29.png

I've got the beast in my sights.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You wouldn't be surviving for 49 turns. You would just set up 1 big turn after your draw deck is empty where you draw a lot of cards at once.

Taking +1 fatigue damage a turn for 49 turns won't get as much as drawing a ton of cards at once.

Here's an example:

You won't get anywhere near that by just surviving 49 turns (which you can do with Warriors).

Ah okay. I guess I figured the portraits would have exploded immediately after going below zero.

ViviOggi

I don't have that yet unfortunately :p

I would guess a lot of people playing casual are either testing (mostly net-)decks or doing dailies with classes they don't play much to preserve their rank. Anyone playing for a few months can have a handful of legendaries, and Rag is often the first choice due to his versatility.

But even without BGH a single Rag generally shouldn't ruin your day as long as you're careful with your removal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This game

Is fucking horrible

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
I generally only concede when someone starts playing far more cards than they need to when they already have lethal out. I got distracted one time and quit the game from that menu instead of conceding and immediately laughed at the thought that my opponent probably thinks I ragequit.

People miss lethal sometimes though. So I guess I always hope they do.

Yeah, if someone goes all out to show me how much they won by I try to concede before they get in the finishing blow to give them a fuck you since I don't have time for that shit.

You get a maximum of 49 turns. On the 50th turn, both players explode.

You can get higher Fatigue damage using 2 priests with Northshire Clerics and Faceless Manipulators and Circle of Healing (and getting lucky with Thoughtsteals) than you can by surviving 49 turns.

How did find that out?

Minsc

Gold Member
So will tomorrow be the big day?

I will disgusted and disappointed if I log on tomorrow and nothing...=/

If you want to play it safe don't expect it to be out tomorrow, or this month. Last we heard it wasn't even finished and that was only a few weeks ago, it'd still have to go through a bunch of QA once they do finish it.

Alrus

The lack of information and communication about Naxx's release is kinda weird. I don't usually follow Blizzard games so maybe it's par for the course for them, but why are they so reluctant to even share some kind of info about a release date (even vague stuff would be better than nothing) ? Especially when they know a lot of player are eagerly awaiting new content and cards.

The lack of information and communication about Naxx's release is kinda weird. I don't usually follow Blizzard games so maybe it's par for the course for them, but why are they so reluctant to even share some kind of info about a release date (even vague stuff would be better than nothing) ? Especially when they know a lot of player are eagerly awaiting new content and cards.

Everyone was always left guessing when WoW patches are coming too.

Because Blizzard is a slow dev, they are also known to delay things if last minute bugs show up. They used to be very open and frank about when they planned on releases and big patches and what happened is that they'd miss dates and people would freak out. They'd even say things like "We plan to have X out on date Y" or "There is a chance for delay"... but once a date is spoken people take it as fact.

They get far less hate just not saying anything, or only very vague statements versus making direct statements and failing to meet them.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
You can play a friendly match with a friend and try it out yourself. Both of you play Warriors and focus on getting Armour. On turn 50, the game just ends.

I'm sure there are probably videos of it on Youtube.

I wasn't questioning you I was just curious how you came to find that out. I thought maybe you just got really bored or something sometime?

So will tomorrow be the big day?

I will disgusted and disappointed if I log on tomorrow and nothing...=/

I'm not expecting to see it until the end of the month or the beginning of the next.

manhack

Even though priest are underpowered in general, damn do they have the ability to cause more rage quits than any other class. Just stole a druids ironbark, healing touch, swipe and nourish. Then proceeded to faceless his buffed up azure drake, drop a mountain giant and clear his board. once I dropped his Ironbark down he ragequit. Really wanted to swipe his face for 5 points...oh well.

ZealousD

So I haven't played in months but it seems Mages are still ridiculously overpowered? What's the counter for them?

Freeze Mage is very strong at the moment but nothing else really is. And Freeze Mage gets countered pretty hard by control warriors.

inky

If you want to play it safe don't expect it to be out tomorrow, or this month. Last we heard it wasn't even finished and that was only a few weeks ago, it'd still have to go through a bunch of QA once they do finish it.

And then it will be delayed. And then the servers won't hold. And then there'll be all day long maintenance, etc. etc.

And please don't make this thread about Yoshi's antics. We had enough of that in the D3 thread.

ZealousD

Having too much fun right now with a priest deck I made up. I'll have to post it later if I stick with it, but it is basically a handlock priest.

It is like this deck http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/58024-control-handlock-priest

but I have inner fire and divine spirit.

What exactly did you take out for the inner fire and divine spirit? I can see why having 16/16's might be exciting but that seems risky to me. You'd lose 3 cards if you got hit with hard removal.

kaskade

I'm more of casual player but I really enjoy it. Opened a decent amount of decks, never got a legendary. I got my girlfriend to start playing and the second deck she opens has a Ysera in it.

Tarazet

As soon as someone "well plays" me, and I have less than 10-15 health, I tend to concede before he even makes the first move.

Yeah.

Most of the time, folks tell me "well played" when they know they have no answer to what I have in play. If they say "well played" to start a finishing combo they get a threaten emote back. I don't take that shit. Just play your cards and then say "well played" as if you didn't just roflstomp me with the most perfect draw ever.

Tarazet

What exactly did you take out for the inner fire and divine spirit? I can see why having 16/16's might be exciting but that seems risky to me. You'd lose 3 cards if you got hit with hard removal.

Most classes have to throw everything to the wind to do that much damage. If you show me a deck that can routinely do 16 damage and keep its board intact the next turn to do it again, I'll show you a deck that will never lose.

manhack

Not shown is 1 Circle of Healing. yes this is technically an awful deck, but when it works it is beautiful.

PiFJo9g.png

johnsmith

remember me
400/500 towards a gold warlock. That's going to be my goal this month instead of ranking up.

What's the best handlock deck without Alexstraza or Jaraxus? Gonna learn that so I don't go mad while doing this. Finally crafted the last couple of cards I needed for it.

Razakin

Holy hell, what a game I had just now. Priest vs Priest, on turn 5 me and the opponent had our two clerics on the table, and other creatures. My turn comes, I draw Circle of Healing, notice that opponent has 7 cards on his hands. Decide to do small damage to my creatures and his, after that CoH, which causes tons of card drawing, on midst of the draw spam I draw another CoH, play that instantly causing even more drawing. My turn goes into timeout end while drawing cards for both sides, opponent discarding all those nice cards (two Holy Novas and so on).

Turn 6 comes for him, he plays Sunwalker. His library has 3 cards left, I have 5 or so. Doesn't attack me, I decide to clear the board a bit by managing to kill Sunwalker with Injured Blademaster and some other creature that I can't anymore remember. After that I decide to kill my clerics and Holy Nova him, killing his second Cleric and leaving one alive, mass drawing continues and he starts taking massive fatigue damage, was on 7-8 at the end.

Why there isn't a replay function for mad silly stuff like this. Priest vs Priest matches are fun.

zoukka

And I boot the game on my PC and the first ranked game is frozen...

And then I see my opponent playing 6 turns while I can't do anything and then I get this sped up fuse so I can't do anything again...

WHAT THE FUCK

ViviOggi

If they say "well played" to start a finishing combo they get a threaten emote back. I don't take that shit. Just play your cards and then say "well played" as if you didn't just roflstomp me with the most perfect draw ever.

Whoops
Whoops
Whoops

Sorry that happened.

No naxx this week, I see. Oh well, it makes me feel justified for buying 2,000gold worth of card packs last week. I'm already back up to 700 gold and I'll easily have enough to buy all of the wings with gold by the time they're actually released.

CoolOff

So, Reynads theory is that Dark Cultist is so overpowered that it'll make Priest one of the best classes overnight when Naxx hits. Thought?

I hadn't really thought of it, but turn 2 Ancient Watcher -> turn 3 Dark Cultist -> turn 4 taunt-giver is pretty disgusting.

Raxus

Ignoring all the potential combos for Dark Cultist, a turn 3 3/4 is pretty disgusting especially for a class with a heal attached to it. Expect the rage to be great with this one. Midrange priest is going to be pretty wicked.

4/8 yetis all day e'ry day

zoukka

Dark Cultist is a new Yeti for the 3 mana slot. It's actually slightly better than the Yeti since it has more utility. That's all you need to realise.

EDIT: Let me tell you a story of a Druid against who I had 2 Rags on table for 4 turns and he still won the game.

Balanced class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom