• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I've only really been casually playing this.. but assholes who can end the game with one move on the end delaying that move and playing out their turn and waiting to destroy you are just assholes.

If you have a 7/7 minion and I have 6 health.. just attack and end the game. I don't like conceding or having someone concede.. but just end the game. So stupid to delay the inevitable for both of us.

End of my rant.

NervousXtian

BTW, I've never played any actual competitive card games before.. just MtG casually with friends back in high school... way back when.

If someone did that back then we'd brawl in real life. Then again, back then we'd fight over anything.

Isn't that kind of thing frowned upon?

daemissary

I've complained about this in the past too. Response I was given then was some sort of urban legend that you get more experience the more cards you play or something. I agree though...super lame. Just end the game.

NervousXtian

Only bitching because I'm just ranking up Paladin with crap cards.. and it happened like 3 games in a row by three different people.

scy

To be fair, if it's about people taking forever before inevitably winning the game, I don't think that matters :x

I am getting really tired of waiting for an Android announcement. What is the user experience on older iPads? I am considering craigslisting a iPad 2 or something and trying to get a few pennies for my Asus T300 Transformer.

My hands are getting tired of holding the Surface Pro awkwardly for hours on end. Don't get it twisted, my Surface Pro is my favorite gadget, but it's just cumbersome for hours+Hearthstone sessions.

Alrus

To be fair, if it's about people taking forever before inevitably winning the game, I don't think that matters :x

Indeed, just making sure all the informations are given :) Just in case he decides to concede against every troll who goes to the rope on turn 1 :p

Jrmint

I am getting really tired of waiting for an Android announcement. What is the user experience on older iPads? I am considering craigslisting a iPad 2 or something and trying to get a few pennies for my Asus T300 Transformer.

My hands are getting tired of holding the Surface Pro awkwardly for hours on end. Don't get it twisted, my Surface Pro is my favorite gadget, but it's just cumbersome for hours+Hearthstone sessions.
I've heard people say it runs poorly on the old iPads.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
New Card: Loatheb (Legendary)
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/490179226201382912

Bs13aIsCIAArMiv.png

J0dy77

I have an iPad 3 and 4 and it works well on both. I've heard bad things about the 2 and wouldn't go there. I also wouldn't expect the game to run on the t300 when it eventually does come to Android.

scy

Pretty big fuck you to freeze mage and druid finishers as well. Cool card.

General pretty good anti-combo card. Just buys a turn against all of them. Especially since it's a Battlecry so it's not even like you can do anything to stop it.

On top of all that, a 5cc 5/5 fills the curve void nicely after the Sylvanas nerf.

scy

Probably depends on the order of play. Millhouse -> Loatheb will mean they're all reduced to 0 and then +5. The other way would probably be all gain +5 and then zero'd out.

Alternatively, it's a special case of some kind.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
So what happens when you play Milhouse and Loatheb on the same turn?
probably not answerable until someone just tries it. I could see it being dependant on order played, or I could see millhouse overriding the cost to 0 no matter what. Both seem like reasonable outcomes.

Xanathus

I can't see Miracle Rogue surviving after Naxx, it's pretty dead as it is with all the counter decks running around. Druid and Warlock will probably be the top ones especially since Druid gets a good removal that they desperately need.

scy

Don't forget to pair it with some brewmasters. Miracle Rogue, GO HOME!

That's assuming it lives to get bounced. And, well, your deck can afford a bounce gimmick.

Realistically, it won't kill Miracle Rogue all by itself. It'll strictly counter Gadgetzan -> Conceal setups since you can Loatheb as a response to it. It won't do anything to Gadgetzan + Prep cycling unless you play a blind Loatheb to stop it from happening. Which may be the case if it means getting a turn to do your own setup of some kind. This and all the other Miracle pressure, though...

I'm more wondering how many decks just won't run Loatheb. Like, he's just a generically good 5cc 5/5. Unless we see a rise in 5/X minions in the 3-5cc slot, that alone will sort of auto-slot him in many decks early on.

Sylvanas got nerfed?

Quite a long time ago (~January). She used to be a 5cc 5/5. Now she's a 6cc 5/5.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lol, 5/5 for 5 with Timewalk.

Okay Blizzard, okay.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Silence cards are gonna be so hot.

* Hugs Earth Shock *

Fersis

So youre gonna spend 6 Mana on an Earth Shock?
Lol, im talking about the Deathrattle cards and the active cards like Baron Rivendare.

Well in the case of Loatheb Silence does absolutely nothing considering the effect is a battlecry. Still silence is going to help against the other deathrattle stuff.
Yeah thats what im talking about.

Minsc

Gold Member
Miracle Rogue hard counter? Yes please!

The problem is with consistency, you have at least a 2x worse chance of getting the single Loatheb you need to counter Miracle Rogue as they have of getting an Auctioneer (and that's not even counting for all the card draw they have and you probably don't). Same for Freeze Mage, chances are higher they'll draw in to their combo before you find your single Loatheb. If he lands at card spots 15-30 in your deck you probably won't get to see him for that game in time.

Still, it's a nice 5-mana slot in being 5/5, much like Sylvanas, and I expect it to be incredibly popular, potentially even nerfed to 6-mana down the road same as Sylvanas.

Got my first salty post match friend request. Told me good luck winning against someone who is actually trying. Joke's on him though as I beat him with a themed deck with no intentions of winning.

scy

The problem is with consistency, you have at least a 2x worse chance of getting the single Loatheb you need to counter Miracle Rogue as they have of getting an Auctioneer (and that's not even counting for all the card draw they have and you probably don't). Same for Freeze Mage, chances are higher they'll draw in to their combo before you find your single Loatheb. If he lands at card spots 15-30 in your deck you probably won't get to see him for that game in time.

Still, it's a nice 5-mana slot in being 5/5, much like Sylvanas, and I expect it to be incredibly popular, potentially even nerfed to 6-mana down the road same as Sylvanas.

Realistically speaking, the best use of it will be in obvious cases (e.g., Loatheb after a Gadgetzan -> Conceal, though it already got some value that way) or just to buy a turn before lethal (e.g., preventing a 9 Mana FoN + Savage Roar) so you can get your own lethal out. It's great when it does it's thing but, yes, it does require actually having it. Still, it's nice to have a tech card vs spell decks like there is Harrison vs Weapons.

Besides that, it's just a good generic minion body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom