• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iryx

Last batch of cards

10563144_752593304783440_5955828534835827539_n.jpg

1910481_752593308116773_4057945073829577761_n.jpg

10568898_752593301450107_8173674314887638289_n.jpg

10505522_752593328116771_4510873950314407884_n.jpg

10500455_752593331450104_6724782029603121931_n.jpg

10527870_752593494783421_3138143976470377802_n.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I completely underestimated how far Blizzard are going with this update, good lord they are changing everything.

scy

Wailing Soul is potentially the missing link to some of these negative Deathrattle minions.

Weblord makes me laugh a lot. Like, a whole lot. A whole, whole lot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
KT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kosma

Banned
Wow Naxx is looking hot.

Almost didnt play at all last two months but ill def be back for this. Got 1100 gold saved up too ^^

The initial number was around 15, it ended up at 30.

People realize Ooze only makes a single copy of itself one time right? Or does summon actually imply the battle cry goes off additional times in future turns? That'd be pretty neat if so.

Dang. Thats... not too many.

Minsc

Gold Member
So 32 new cards all together.

I think going by the facebook page, there's 31 (rebirth is still listed there which is replaced by reincarnate), but technically only 30 are in Naxx as rewards as Thaddius isn't an obtainable card iirc. Or maybe he is? I don't know, it could work either way, since he's listed there, I just sorta assumed you summoned him via having the other two die, but maybe you can cast him from your deck too.

oupi

I think going by the facebook page, there's 31 (rebirth is still listed there which is replaced by reincarnate), but technically only 30 are in Naxx as rewards as Thaddius isn't an obtainable card iirc. Or maybe he is? I don't know, it could work either way, since he's listed there, I just sorta assumed you summoned him via having the other two die, but maybe you can cast him from your deck too.

I think you're right, I just quickly counted the cards.

I feel like this is really unreliable in Constructed, but great in Arena. It trades with (pretty much?) every 2-drop, and Warriors especially can really utilize the Whirlwind-effect late-game.

Why is that? 3/2s die to its death rattle. 2/3s don't kill it in one hit and if hit twice it dies to deathrattle. I basically look at it like a 2/3 taunt with a twist.

scy

Dang. Thats... not too many.

Considering no cards are rotated out (though maybe effectively removed due to better options), it's not that few. Also, this isn't a proper "expansion" and just a small addition of some cards. For those only following from release, it's fairly well timed I'd imagine.

For those of us from beta ... well.

Oh cool only knew that i needed 700 gold per wing. So do all wings open at the same time or is it week after week?

Also worth noting is the first week is free.

Meant unreliable against control-decks.

Eh, maybe. If it forces a control deck to use a removal on it, then I think it is good against control decks early on. And later it can protect your line up so it isn't entirely useless, but can backfire on you at the same time. I'd imagine some decks can afford to ignore it some, but then it could backfire on them since it is a taunt and will add extra protection to other minions on the board.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Overall I am very pleased with the new cards. They contain a bunch of new ideas/mechanics and don't just feel like more of the same.

Especially looking forward to trying out the practically of a reincarnate combo deck with 2x reincarnate, sylvanas, leeroy, fuegen, and stalagg as the power cards.

Sludge belcher looks really strong although kind of sad that it just completely obsoletes fen creeper.

I'm especially pleased with all the great 5 drops now. Fuegen, Stalagg, Loatheb, Spectral Knight, and Sludge Belcher. Azure Drake finally has competition.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Do we know anything about wing length? It would be nice if they are each as long as the tutorial with 5-6 battles each.
If it's like the WoW raid:
Spider Wing - 3 boss battles
Plague Wing - 3 boss battles
Military Wing - 3 boss battles
Constuct Wing - 4 boss battles
Frostwyrm - 2 boss battles (I'm guessing they'll add an extra one here)

Iryx

Do we know anything about wing length? It would be nice if they are each as long as the tutorial with 5-6 battles each.

Spider/Plague/Military Wing has 3 bosses, Construct Wing has 4 and Frostwyrm Lair has 2, every boss has one normal and one heroic mode deck, And 9 of the bosses has an additional class challenge against them.

So that is 39 total matches over all wings.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
39 total matches? HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

scy

Just looked at the class cards, and is it just me or is reincarnate the weakest of the bunch. Why use reincarnate when you have ancestral spirit?

It's a faster Ancestral Spirit, primarily there for abusing Deathrattles / Charge on demand. It also has offensive uses of stripping buffs from things your opponent has played.

Wailing soul counters the heck out of frost nova/blizzard stalling lol...

Yeah, one-sided silence is potentially massive, especially since it's tied to a minion body that isn't awful. Quite a potentially fun tech card.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Just looked at the class cards, and is it just me or is reincarnate the weakest of the bunch. Why use reincarnate when you have ancestral spirit?
reincarnate is waaaaaay better for the simple fact that you get to control when it goes off instead of your opponent and can't be countered by silence.

You can:
leeroy + 2x re for 18 damage burst
fuegen/stalagg + re for extra thaddius
Alakir + re for 12 damage burst
sylvanas + re to steal a minion and play sylvanas all in 1 turn
nerubien egg + re for a 2 mana 4/4
cairne + re for a 2 mana yeti
'silence' a giant that has been taunted via argus/sunfury
silence a twilight drake (since it will come back as 4/1)
deactivate an ancient watcher
unsilence and full heal any of your minions

Everything the card does it little situational/cute things but the list of cute things it does is quite long. It will also be a difficult card to read and play around because in each of the situations where its applicable it does something completely different. Anywhere from a silence, to a yeti, to 6 damage burst.

It's hard to say if it will actually perform well or not though because it is a combo piece but I am excited to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom