• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

hearthstone_screensho9kp36.png

Whoops

TimeKillr

Yeah so to reiterate - I one-shot all 3 bosses with a standard control Priest deck. Was pretty easy, honestly. Only Faerlina gave me some trouble but I did kill her due to stupid AI that denied itself lethal.

I'm gonna try the class challenges now, hopefully it's a bit harder!

OOh, this is interesting. My opening hand with Druid was Innvervate, Stoneskin Gargoyle and Echoing Ooze.. I guess they'll let you play with cards that haven't been released yet a bit.

luoapp

anyone play on iPad? Downloaded the update but shop is closed?

Update: shop is open but only has one option to buy the full adventure for 20?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Killed the first 2 bosses on the first try with my priest deck. Second boss has a very interesting power!

TimeKillr

Druid class challenge - DONE!

Heh, I got that Gargoyle on my opening hand, then got 2 Mark of the Wilds, a Power of the Wild and a Mark of Nature. By the end that thing was a 10/9 unkillable machine. Not to mention I got a Nerubian Egg and a Keeper of the Grove, so I keepered the Egg..

Too easy.

oupi

Some kind soul should paste the patch notes here :)

Patch Notes:

Curse of Naxxramas: A Hearthstone Adventure

Curse of Naxxramas offers a new single player campaign to play Hearthstone against challenging NPC adversaries. Curse of Naxxramas can be unlocked with gold or real money and can be accessed by players that have unlocked all 9 heroes.

Defeat 15 fearsome bosses to unlock a total of 30 new Hearthstone cards for your collection, including Legendary cards! Naxxramas cards can easily be searched for within My Collection using the search function.

An all-new interactive Naxxramas-themed game board awaits you within the Adventure! Discover the surprises that lurk inside the slime pools, the quivering masses of spider eggs (spoilers: It’s spiders), and more!

Surmount 9 diabolical Class Challenges that test your skills with each of the unique classes of Hearthstone!

Defeating all of the bosses within a wing unlocks the extremely challenging Heroic Mode of that wing. Defeating all of the bosses of Naxxramas on Heroic mode unlocks a new card back for your collection.

Five unique wings await those brave enough to venture into Naxxramas. The first wing, The Arachnid Quarter, will immediately be available to play for free for a limited time. The remaining four wings are immediately available for players to unlock with real money or gold, and will become accessible over a period of time once unlocked.
The Arachnid Quarter – A web choked maze filled with many-legged minions.
The Plague Quarter – Necromancers brew deadly plagues while a fungal monstrosity lies in wait.
The Military Quarter – Tireless undead knights perfect their deadly arts within these chambers.
The Construct Quarter –Abominations stitched together from the Scourge’s victims stomp through these slime soaked halls.
Frostwyrm Lair – Chilly abode of Sapphiron and the arch-lich Kel’thuzad himself. (A curse upon my air conditioning bill!)

General

Marking yourself as “Busy” within the Battle.net desktop app will suppress incoming chat messages and toasts for friend requests.
The Shop interface has been updated to include Curse of Naxxramas.
Cards available within each wing of Naxxramas will become available in the Arena when that wing becomes available to play.
The order in which Deathrattle abilities resolve has been updated to be more consistent.
Additional music tracks have been added.

Players that appear in “Players Near Me” now appear more prominently within the Friends List.

Overall organization of the Friends List has been improved. Sounds and graphics that occur when Mass Disenchanting now take less time to complete. Cards can now be searched for using the artist of the card art in the Collection Manager.

Card Changes

Eaglehorn Bow now reads “Whenever a friendly Secret is revealed, gain +1 Durability”.

Practice Mode

Practice Mode is now entered through the Solo Adventures button on the main menu.

The AI in Practice Mode is now better at Hearthstone.

Bug Fixes

Improved various tooltips.
Resolved various issues regarding audio, text, animation, and display.
Resolved various issues that could cause cards to get stuck on the battlefield.
Actions should now be accurately represented in the play history.
The red targeting cursor will now properly track where you mouse cursor is pointing for your opponent in Play and Arena Modes.
The turn timer in a Friendly Challenge now calculates time correctly.
All Soulbound Common cards can now be properly found when searching for “Common” in the Collection Manager.
Disenchanting will now properly update the amount of Arcane Dust you have.
The side of the board is no longer visible on the Arena screen in specific resolutions while in windowed mode.
The XP bar for max level heroes no longer appears empty.
You are now able to properly select a friend by clicking on their Play Mode medal.
An incorrect version of the Hero Power icon will no longer appear when switching between golden and non-golden heroes while the Choose Opponent menu is displayed.
The Friendly Challenge button will now properly appear next to friends who have recently logged in or have been added to your friends list.
The Shop window no longer incorrectly closes when clicking within the Shop UI.
The scroll bar will no longer jump to the top of the Friends list when moving the cursor over the Last Played area of the Friends list.
Clicking the End Turn button at the very start of your turn no longer prevents the End Turn button from flipping back.
Resolved an issue where conceding can cause the client to crash.
The resolution time of certain spells has been shortened.
Resolved an issue with Brawl where the last minion to enter the fray was always the victor of the ensuing battle.
Resolved various issues with the Sword of Justice.
Resolved an issue with Shield Slam where it was being unaffected by Spell Damage if the Hero had 0 Armor and now has Spell Damage sparklies.
A weapon that is equipped on your turn will no longer have the attack value appear on the sheathed weapon on some resolutions.

Mac

Improvements were made to stability.

Tooltip Improvements

Ancestral Spirit now reads "Give a minion: "Deathrattle: Resummon this minion"." (wording change)

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Maexxna defeated easily with priest (didn't lose any health ever). Not sure if it is a bug but she kept returning my defender of Argus to my hand so infinite taunts.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Maexxna defeated easily with priest (didn't lose any health ever). Not sure if it is a bug but she kept returning my defender of Argus to my hand so infinite taunts.

Took me 2 tries to kill her because my first match she put down 3 Emperor Cobras right near the beginning.

Xyphie

I finished normal modes + class challenges first try. Heroic seems quite a bit harder though, Anub'rekhan started at like 45 hp and has a summon 4/4 hero power for 2.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
This Druid challenge is hilarious. Stoneskin Gargoyle + double Mark of Nature + Mark of the Wild = 3/14 taunt that heals fully at the start of the turn. She's never going to have 14 damage on the board so I'm just chipping away 3 at a time to her face lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom