• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

For some one who only has 100g, how hard will it be for me to get enough gold to get the xpacks?

I play very little and I suck at the game....

Raxus

I would suggest learning the basics before diving into the expansion. The first wing will be given to you for free if you play it during the month of release.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh man. Just realized you can have some absolutely silly combos with mad scientist and redemption. Play redemption, then mad scientist. Mad scientist dies, is revived, and then redemption is put back in play. Mad scientist dies again, more redemption!

manhack

Oh man. Just realized you can have some absolutely silly combos with mad scientist and redemption. Play redemption, then mad scientist. Mad scientist dies, is revived, and then redemption is put back in play. Mad scientist dies again, more redemption!

I think it plays the actual secret card so you could really only do it twice.

Raxus

I have all the classes unlock..so expert opened.

Still just getting started. Have you customized a deck? Gotten a feel for favorable exchanges and when to swing for the face? Gotten a class you want to learn in depth? Once you vault over the major hurdles than you should be able to smoke most of the expert opponents most of the time.
Zombie_Chow.png

I wish more people talked about this card. They did so much to help priests early game.

scy

Well, if you do your dailies ... daily, you'll get around ~400g per week on average. So two weeks per wing assuming no gold income from Arenas.

I think it plays the actual secret card so you could really only do it twice.

Correct. It takes the card from your deck so think of Mad Scientist as a Loot Hoarder for Secrets only that also generates mana.

I wish more people talked about this card. They did so much to help priests early game.

I mean, we did :x It's also a generically good 1cc minion in that it survives every other 1cc barring Flame Imp and can trade with many 2cc minions. The Heal isn't relevant when they don't even have damage on them at this point too. It'll be interesting to see if it gets any long-term use outside of Auchenai Priest.

Alrus

I don't really see how that helps early game tbh. It needs Auchenai to be useful, so it's more of a midrange card.

Edit: Yeah didn't think of early trades, it's pretty good to clear out annoying stuff like 3/2s or 2/1s.

Rockyrock

Still just getting started. Have you customized a deck? Gotten a feel for favorable exchanges and when to swing for the face? Gotten a class you want to learn in depth? Once you vault over the major hurdles than you should be able to smoke most of the expert opponents most of the time.

There was a time where priest used to be one of the strongest classes. Then the MC nerf came and they began to fade away.

People wanted Priest to be strong again.

well careful what you wish for because Priest is the most frustrating class to play against.

Minsc

Gold Member
People on Blizzard's forums are saying the tweet announcing it releasing in ~5 hours is not official or confirmed.

Well, if you do your dailies ... daily, you'll get around ~400g per week on average. So two weeks per wing assuming no gold income from Arenas.

If you abuse the re-rolling of quests you should average much higher though, 100g quest twice a week (or can you get it three times a week) and five 60g ones, so that's 500 just from the quests alone, and another 100+ gold from the wins you need to finish the quests... not too bad.
Wish the infinite re-roll time wasn't when I'm asleep.

scy

I don't really see how that helps early game tbh. It needs Auchenai to be useful, so it's more of a midrange card.

Edit: Yeah didn't think of early trades, it's pretty good to clear out annoying stuff like 3/2s or 2/1s.

Yeah, it'll be a nice thing to take some heat off vs aggro and the better inherent late game anyway will mean the Auchenai setup isn't a big loss vs them. Well, "in theory" anyway.

There was a time where priest used to be one of the strongest classes. Then the MC nerf came and they began to fade away.

People wanted Priest to be strong again.

well careful what you wish for because Priest is the most frustrating class to play against.

Priest went away a few weeks before the MC nerf :x They were the top of the meta because the decks at the time were more late-game oriented since the aggro decks weren't really a thing then. It wasn't until after Mage popularity that we even started utilizing burst combos, for instance.

If you abuse the re-rolling of quests you should average much higher though, 100g quest twice a week (or can you get it three times a week) and five 60g ones, so that's 500 just from the quests alone, and another 100+ gold from the wins you need to finish the quests... not too bad.

True. ~400g is about what I'd expect on average assuming just 40g and 60g quests as given. Maybe a little less but probably still around the 350g mark.

Alrus

This makes me wish I started playing on NA :|

yeah it's really efficient for the mana and will fit well into decks that rely on establishing and maintaining board control.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

A 2-3 for one is already nuts, the deathrattle is the icing on the cake.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
wonder if there is any way to generate gold in the expansion

Alrus

yeah it's really efficient for the mana and will fit well into decks that rely on establishing and maintaining board control.

Though honestly, outside of priest it seems pretty terrible if you don't get it very early. It's kind of a dead card if you already established board control and the other player already recieved some face dmg.

TimeKillr

It's out!

For me, anyway!

Woohoo!

So yeah, the middle button in the main menu is now called "Solo adventures". When you get into it, it shows Practice Mode and Naxxramas.

I can confirm that the first 4 cards you get for clearing are
Haunted Creeper
Neru'bar Weblord
Nerubian Egg
Maexxna

I'm off to try it!

Xanathus

For some reason the first wing is still "closed" for me.

Yep, Naxx isn't actually playable right now because you have to "buy" it and the store is still down.
edit: oh wait I can buy it now, lol the choices are $0.00 and 700 gold, what happens if someone buys it with gold?

TimeKillr

Anub'Rehkan was surprinsingly easy.

As in I one-shot it, and it wasn't even a challenge. :(

Ah, Faerlina is much more difficult.

Anub'Rehkan is a Warlock, and Faerlina is a warrior that you *must* aggro down because her hero ability punishes you for having cards in your hand... I got destroyed on my first attempt lol

nm, I thought I was dead - I managed to destroy her because the absolutely stupid AI put a 5/8 that kills the minions on both sides of him when it dies, then proceeded to put 2 minions on each sides... I did a PW:D and it cleared her board, letting me win.

So far I'm 2 for 2, now it's Maexxna!

3 out of 3. Maexxna down. She's a Shaman, btw, and did a particularly nasty combo with Nerubian Eggs and Reincarnate. In a single turn, she placed down an Egg, reincarnated it TWICE then placed a second one. That was dicey but I had enough AoE to burn that shit down. Now I've unlocked the class challenges - it's Druid and Rogue first.

Though honestly, outside of priest it seems pretty terrible if you don't get it very early. It's kind of a dead card if you already established board control and the other player already recieved some face dmg.

that's more or less true for a lot of early game cards. like I just love when I top deck argent squire on turn 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom