• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
Well, beat the last guy on my first try. Much easier than Widow. This whole thing is really easy. =/

They did mention subsequent wings possibly having higher difficulty.

Any truth to the rumor that Heroic mode has a ban-list for certain cards? Saw it mentioned, and it'd make sense, especially since certain cards like Alexstrasza could trivialize the bosses with 50+ health.

Well, it is the first wing mind, so I'm not surprised it's easy. Don't forget that there are class challenges and heroic modes as well. Even if it's easy, that's a lot of game playing.

Also, I can't seem to do anything Naxx related right now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fucked up my day rythm because of this :( I just slept for like 5 hours and it's not 8:30pm... and I'm not gonna sleep for like 30 hours now (since Naxx, I'll play that till work - then come home and sleep).

FUCK.

TriGen

I beat all three Nax bosses (Shaman deck) and both class challenges on my first attempts. The Rouge challenge I came the closest to losing. I expect Heroic to be a different story, though.

Beat Normal mode without losing once as a Priest. Maexxna kept bouncing my Cabal Shadow Priest back to my hand... so I kept re-casting it and stealing minions.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yup. Until that's resolved, we're locked out I guess.

wheeee

it's because I made that Blizzard joke right? goddamnit guys

Same.

I feel so left out scy hold me.

Zafir

Anyone else having loads of lag with the client? I beat the three normal bosses with no issues, or freezing, so I moved onto the druid one and every turn it would lock up for a few seconds. Then at the end, it froze up after i beat her where it usually comes up with XP and crashed. Now I can't get back in. :I

Alrus

I think the EU servers are dead, got disconnected after beating Maexxna (Giving that hero power to an AI was not really clever, it kept sending back buffing minions so I ended up with a 6/8 Voidwalker and 3 other taunted minions...).

Anyway I hope the other wings are slightly more challening, Heroics seems kind of insane though.

Beat Normal mode without losing once as a Priest. Maexxna kept bouncing my Cabal Shadow Priest back to my hand... so I kept re-casting it and stealing minions.

Same, priest destroyed the last 2 people. I just constantly stole minions or whittled the bosses down with my hero power + minion that changes healing into damage.

Lots of charges would probably destroy Maexxna too

TimeKillr

Gah! I beat the Rogue class challenge only to get kicked out! I hope it still counts.

Also, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to have a Murloc Tidecaller in a rogue deck with NO OTHER MURLOCS. What the *HELL* is the point of that?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey guys, remember this?

People underestimate how good Blizzard "launch servers" are lately.

It's an old thing and people are still stuck in that world. The "older" games that launched (TBC, WotLK, SC2 and D3) were all complete disasters. However, SC2: HotS, Cata, MoP, D3: RoS and Hearthstone were all released without too many disconnects and whatnot.

Blizzard's fixed their shit.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

No.

Fuck Blizzard.

Mononoke

Banned
Got disconnected. Now the client won't load, it always times out. Strange enough, my buddy is in my room on his laptop and he can still play games. WTF

Xanathus

I believe freeze mage would beat all the heroic bosses if you get the right draws because one of the ways they up the difficulty is by giving them extra health, but Alexstraza trivializes that.

TimeKillr

Also, btw, I happen to have Total Dominance as a quest and I can confirm that winning *anything* in Naxx doesn't count towards it, sadly. :(

TimeKillr

I believe freeze mage would beat all the heroic bosses if you get the right draws because one of the ways they up the difficulty is by giving them extra health, but Alexstraza trivializes that.

It wouldn't work against Faerlina. Any slow deck will get *destroyed* by Heroic Faerlina, seriously. Every turn you'll get hit by SO MUCH damage that you'll just get completely annihilated.

Also that Maexxna card that costs 2 and destroys a minion? Bullshit. :)

Boba2007

Servers died at the worst time possible. Just when beat the first boss on expert...

rRBbyv9.png

Hopefully it still counts as a win.

TheContact

Not complaining but I did try to play just now and it says the store is closed and the wing is closed. Gonna try back later tonight hopefully then not so many people will be rushing in

Xanathus

It wouldn't work against Faerlina. Any slow deck will get *destroyed* by Heroic Faerlina, seriously. Every turn you'll get hit by SO MUCH damage that you'll just get completely annihilated.

Also that Maexxna card that costs 2 and destroys a minion? Bullshit. :)

Oh I didn't check out heroic Faerlina's hero power, zoo or cancer rogue or shockadin is needed for her then.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Servers must have getting hammered.

Too much hype

inky

My shammy deck did pretty well against the 3 first bosses on normal. I'm guessing that my Druid would've done even better. I would've loved to copy that King Krush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom