• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beat anub heroic on second try. First time around I wasn't taking it seriously. Second time I won by topdecking leeroy while having cold blood and eviscerate in hand lol

Also got a bit lucky with a free ragnaros from that taunt minion.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU SEEMS UP?! I'm in!

Dicer

Banned
Easy my ass. I can't even beat the first boss.

I admittedly haven't played in ages, so I am rusty...but this bitch is just straight up bullshit...can't stack cards, pulled a card (damage for each damaged minion ) even though my minions were destroyed at the time, I guess it still hits.

Guess I gotta go back and open more crap up or pay to win atm, kind of annoying to hear people just steamrolling it.

Oh well...

Cipherr

Wow, really? I beat the first 3 on my first try with Priest and just did the Druid one on my first try. Hopefully Heroic will be MUCH harder. The lag is SO bad (on NA) I am going to take a break I think.

I also play priest and I'm killing them easily, but I find it hilarious that on all the forums ppl are patting themselves on the back for dispatching the bosses on 'normal' so easily. The Normal mode of play mode was easy too. I would expect them to be somewhat of a challenge (at least enough to make you consider modifying your existing deck for success) on heroic.

scy

Yeah. I got in again finally but shit it's so laggy. Like each action takes 10+ seconds.

Yup. What should have been like ~5 minutes took 20 since each turn was 20 seconds of waiting for it to register an action.

I also play priest and I'm killing them easily, but I find it hilarious that on all the forums ppl are patting themselves on the back for dispatching the bosses on 'normal' so easily. The Normal mode of play mode was easy too. I would expect them to be somewhat of a challenge (at least enough to make you consider modifying your existing deck for success) on heroic.

It's more that they're balanced around being beatable with the basic set alone. The AI does dumb things so you can typically just beat them by virtue of them wasting their mana and cards. It's not even like many of them have super cards in Normal difficulty either.

Iryx

Beat Heroic Anub'Rekhan once I got a decnt draw with Fast druid, and heroic Faerlina was first try, and was pretty much hard countered by zoo.

Yup. What should have been like ~5 minutes took 20 since each turn was 20 seconds of waiting for it to register an action.

That is absolute garbage. It's only going to get worse later into the day, once people (including myself) get off work.

I think I'm going to stick with FF14 tonight (only 3 levels away from my first 50!) and try this tomorrow or whenever they fix the lag.

I like these class challenges since it lets you play with the new cards. It's already making me think of card combinations I wouldn't of before. I also find it hilarious to watch these bosses use so many different class cards for some reason.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THIS GAME

THIS GMAE!!!!!!!!!!!

Buttery smooth experience, no lag

Boba2007

The AI still isn't exactly the smartest... even on Expert...

RU0VEsa.png

This deck is really hilarious and awesome against Faerlina. I made it in 5 seconds so a bunch of changes could be made, but feel free to try it out and have fun!

I would probably switch the Slams out for Executes.

Phreaker

Guess I gotta go back and open more crap up or pay to win atm, kind of annoying to hear people just steamrolling it.

Oh well...

Sorry, didn't mean to be annoying. I was just surprised anyone was having difficulty. I just jumped in with my Priest deck that steals or copies lots of cards, maybe that's why I thought the first round was too easy? I'm sure I'll play it again with my other decks, maybe that will be a good challenge.

Tacitus_

It's more that they're balanced around being beatable with the basic set alone. The AI does dumb things so you can typically just beat them by virtue of them wasting their mana and cards. It's not even like many of them have super cards in Normal difficulty either.

Anub'Rekhan can fuck you up. He played a Shadowflame and two frostbolts on me and then a boss card that dealt 3 dmg to my minions and healed him for 3. Then again, I wasn't playing an endgame deck.

Oh and he started by coining that damn card that makes battlecries cost more.

scy

I like these class challenges since it lets you play with the new cards. It's already making me think of card combinations I wouldn't of before. I also find it hilarious to watch these bosses use so many different class cards for some reason.

Honestly, I feel like they should have just had the class pre-constructed decks to use for Naxx. Would have been a lot easier to deal with from the AI perspective if nothing else.

Just had Grand Widow kill herself. She's at five health with a Death Charger on the board. Then she plays Hellfire, GG.

Honestly, I feel like they should have just had the class pre-constructed decks to use for Naxx. Would have been a lot easier to deal with from the AI perspective if nothing else.

Do you mean the basic sets? I guess I'm confused but how would that make it better?

bBiFEMf.jpg

How did this happen you ask?

Two Nerubian Eggs, One Haunted Creeper (that got destroyed and played two 1/1 spiders), and One 2/1 Keeper of the Grove.

Poison Seeds and have two 4/4s and 5 2/2s, Power of the Wild next turn and win!

XD

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Holy shit Naxx is overtuned as hell.

The only deck of mine that stands a chance is my druid deck that I hit rank 10 with last season.

The only deck of mine that stands a chance is my druid deck that I hit rank 10 with last season.

I beat the first three with a standard Mage deck. That's just the basic cards alone. It's possible. Just gotta get good draws! Like usual... -.-

This scares me since I have yet to even break rank 12 and I've been playing actively since closed beta.

Kinda strange how impressions are all over the place.

"This is too easy, I beat all the bosses in less than an hour on my first attempts."

"This is too hard, I can't even beat the first boss."

Oh and guys, Boss 3 is VERY EASY when you use a Freeze Mage deck. Trust me.

Boss 2, just use Zoo Deck.

Boss 1, I used Tempo Rogue deck but feel free to use whatever.

Water

I beat the normal bosses with my high-level decks on EU, then when the lag started, logged on Asia and beat them with a F2P Shaman deck that I'm not sure even has rares beyond a single Feral Spirit. Didn't lose a single match against normals.

scy

Do you mean the basic sets? I guess I'm confused but how would that make it better?

The AI isn't really equipped to deal with every card possible so it tends to be really dumb things when given the choice. It seems programmed to overly devote resources to trying to control the board so it makes questionable plays like burning premium removal to kill X/1 or X/2s instead of developing. It almost always plays on the backfoot when given a relatively neutral board position. Limiting what the AI would have been up against would have just made it a lot simpler for the AI. Granted, it would also make the AI cheat a bit but it kind of needs the help anyway.

This scares me since I have yet to even break rank 12 and I've been playing actively since closed beta.

Honestly, I'm very confused as to how people are consistently losing.

ViviOggi

Kinda strange how impressions are all over the place.

"This is too easy, I beat all the bosses in less than an hour on my first attempts."

"This is too hard, I can't even beat the first boss."

I figure the latter are coming from people who rarely played or got drawn back by Naxx after taking a longer break, probably with a few bad hands mixed in.

Yoshichan

Maexxna on heroic ....WTF!!!

Hero power web trap cost 0 & has to be used each turn!?
Low mana cost deck wins this

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I figure the latter are coming from people who rarely played or got drawn back by Naxx after taking a longer break, probably with a few bad hands mixed in.

The thing is... in my opinion at least - Normal difficulty should be balanced around these kinds of players. The baseline difficulty should be able to be completed by a new player thats been playing for maybe a month or two and has maybe a handful of decent cards. Balancing it around the players who are able to throw together every kind of counter deck because they've been playing since launch is kind of shitty design from a long-term perspective. It can kind of make sense now at release but is just going to turn off new players in the long run who want to try it out after enjoying the game. Hell, As someone who plays this game casually at best I'm pretty turned off right now if this is what Naxx and future expansions are going to be like.

They have all of the extra difficulties to go crazy with OP cards and mechanics.

How do you beat Heroic Anub? Summoning a 4/4 minion every turn is ridiculous. Even if I have board clear, next turn she just summons another one. Goddamn this is difficult. Best deck to counter?

scy

On that note, I mulligan'd my starting hand Haunted Creeper, Stoneskin Gargoyle, Nerubian Egg into Haunted Creeper, Stoneskin Gargoyle, Nerubian Egg and drew Naturalize into the other Creeper.

It was good times.

The thing is... in my opinion at least - Normal difficulty should be balanced around these kinds of players.

And it is so I'm not sure what the point is. You can beat it with basic decks. You don't really need to build anything super special (or, if you do, just a relatively cheap Zoo-variant for the sake of making it fast and consistent) for them.

Zafir

The thing is... in my opinion at least - Normal difficulty should be balanced around these kinds of players. The baseline difficulty should be able to be completed by a new player thats been playing for maybe a month or two and has maybe a handful of decent cards. Balancing it around the players who are able to throw together every kind of counter deck because they've been playing since launch is kind of shitty design from a long-term perspective. It can kind of make sense now at release but is just going to turn off new players in the long run who want to try it out after enjoying the game. Hell, As someone who plays this game casually at best I'm pretty turned off right now if this is what Naxx and future expansions are going to be like.

They have all of the extra difficulties to go crazy with OP cards and mechanics.

Well, I started like two weeks ago and beat them all easily with a budget zoo deck. I'm not sure about other cheap decks because I haven't been able to get back onto EU since doing it.

I probably won't fair well in heroic since I can't make many decks, but I'm not too fussed about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom