• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boba2007

Somehow beat expert Maexxna first try. I just made a paladin deck with lots of good battlecry minions. I got to use my Earthen Ring Farseers every turn while his whole board was filled with 1 damage minions, so it balanced out. Defenders of Argus and Guadian of Kings made it so I could survive until I got lots of minions on the board.

Mind Control Tech is really fun against it since you can basically steal a minion every turn, but since they get shot back into your hand it'll start to burn cards.

Used black knight on that new 2/8 taunt. Got ragnaros in play for free. Super value black knight.

So far from killing that 2/8 taunt I have gotten a free Sylvannus and a free Rag. That thing really likes to pull legendaries.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Are people getting in? Been trying for 10mins and cant get past the title.

Card Boy

Banned
Wow okay, now Im 10 games in, never got the coin. WTF.

image.php

ViviOggi

And it is so I'm not sure what the point is. You can beat it with basic decks. You don't really need to build anything super special (or, if you do, just a relatively cheap Zoo-variant for the sake of making it fast and consistent) for them.

Exactly, the AI is so terrible and really big combos on their side are the exception so you can zerg your way through normal mode with any sound deck. You don't have to build specific counters except for maybe throwing together some cheap aggro deck for the second boss as she punishes expensive control decks.

The AI isn't really equipped to deal with every card possible so it tends to be really dumb things when given the choice. It seems programmed to overly devote resources to trying to control the board so it makes questionable plays like burning premium removal to kill X/1 or X/2s instead of developing. It almost always plays on the backfoot when given a relatively neutral board position. Limiting what the AI would have been up against would have just made it a lot simpler for the AI. Granted, it would also make the AI cheat a bit but it kind of needs the help anyway.

I see what you're saying. I agree with you in part because Heroic Mode just seems to be more health and stronger hero powers. Which I suppose is all they can really do.

Cipherr

Haven't you been reading the match loading screens? The coin is weighted.

Ive been just conceeding and restarting since the last post. 17 games no coin.

I didnt realize that the coin was weighted. I seriously havent seen that message. I was freaking out at the odds of 17 tries with no coin flip in my favor.

Oh well Ill play later got some work to do today.

ShinNL

People being condescending against people with valid points? Not a first time in this thread.

I beat all 3 on my first try with my usual Paladin deck but that's because I own Equality with Pyromancer, and I noticed the AI starts flipping out once you start playing Cairne, Sylvanas, Ysera etc.

Currently being lagblocked, EU door seems like a lottery now with a very small entering chance.

Minsc

Gold Member
Hey guys, we're launching Naxx today in Hearthstone, think you can spare us any extra servers for the added load?
How many servers do you have on Hearthstone again?
10? Last I checked something around there.
10! That's like 8 more than you need for that game, let's drop it down to 2, should be plenty.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
It wouldn't work against Faerlina. Any slow deck will get *destroyed* by Heroic Faerlina, seriously. Every turn you'll get hit by SO MUCH damage that you'll just get completely annihilated.

I have two 40g class quests I wanted to reroll tonight so I was picking from my class decks that weren't included in the quests. Picked Priest not really remembering what was in that deck. Ended up with a ton of draw and I was just like, "Fuuuu..." then the lag hit.

I wouldn't play arena right now unless you don't mind being DC'd from a match.

I thought Arena would maybe be safe from the lag. Maybe different servers handle it or something? I don't know. First match actually went fine. No lag. Second match was killing me. I had board control and tons of minions on board but barely had time to attack with them I was waiting so long between actions. Constantly fighting the timer. Almost lost because of it. No more for me today.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i am about to roid rage

i can feel my blood boiling right now

scy

I thought Arena would maybe be safe from the lag. Maybe different servers handle it or something? I don't know. First match actually went fine. No lag. Second match was killing me. I had board control and tons of minions on board but barely had time to attack with them I was waiting so long between actions. Constantly fighting the timer. Almost lost because of it. No more for me today.

Like, I made the joke and all about Naxx being unplayable but I didn't really take myself seriously about it.

welp

I was in and it booted me while I was in the first heroic battle.

disconnects

the strongest hero power

Emarv

Just finished everything but the Heroic challenges. Fun stuff.

Do you get the new card back after completing Heroic on the entire expansion or is there one per wing? I don't get it.

I managed to finish the three Arachnid Quarter and two class challenges in about an hour. Haven't tried the heroic mode yet. Overall a little disappointed with it. It's unlikely that I'll be willing to spend any real money on the remaining episodes. Maybe if I ever get enough gold saved up I'll buy them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emarv

So do you get anything for beating all the heroics of a wing?

The first 3 matches down of the entire set. That's it.

I honestly can see a lot of people waiting on the heroic set until closer to the end. By then, there will be lots of guides and netdecks made for each heroic boss that you can use.

Drake

This Grand Widow Faerlina hero power is complete and utter bull shit. it also doesn't help that I have shitty cards.

Beant

Beat all the class challenges and heroic bosses! Was really fun! Cant wait for next week!

Ill be happy to talk strats with anyone if they want.

Deck list for heroic mode:

Anub:
handlock (more text so it it isnt obvious)
Grand Widow:
zoo (more text so it isnt obvious it was zoo)
Maexxna:
freeze mage variant, one minion - alexstrasza

Xanathus

It's strange though because there's this spot on the Heroic menu to the right of the 3 bosses where it looks like there should be something for you to click on, I thought that would be filled in after I beat all 3.

Yoshichan

Aaaaaaand disconnected

Fuck you

It's strange though because there's this spot on the Heroic menu to the right of the 3 bosses where it looks like there should be something for you to click on, I thought that would be filled in after I beat all 3.

I would assume that's just open space since I think one wing has four bosses.

Yoshichan

IT'S UPPPPPPPP

edit: wait, what? Glitched out? I beat rogue and druid class challenge and the rest hasn't been unlocked yet... next week, two other classes or what?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would never lose against any deck if I was piloting these AI heroes.

Anub Heroic: Downed with Freeze Mage
Faerlina Heroic: Downed with Amaz Priest
Maexxna Heroic: Working on it right now

Xanathus

The funny part is it totally is really good yet she seems to prefer not using it :|

The funny part is that you should just use a zoo deck, preferably with doomguards and soul fires to empty your hand, and zoo deck is the cheapest deck there is.

Xanathus

IT'S UPPPPPPPP

edit: wait, what? Glitched out? I beat rogue and druid class challenge and the rest hasn't been unlocked yet... next week, two other classes or what?

There's only a limited amount of class challenges per wing, it would be a lot of work to make a challenge for every class for every wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom