• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

IT'S UPPPPPPPP

edit: wait, what? Glitched out? I beat rogue and druid class challenge and the rest hasn't been unlocked yet... next week, two other classes or what?

2/week with 1 week giving 3 I guess. Yeah, it'll be awhile before all the Naxx class cards are available :|

The funny part is that you should just use a zoo deck, preferably with doomguards and soul fires to empty your hand, and zoo deck is the cheapest deck there is.

Yeah, Zoo just makes Normal really simple since it hits the board faster than they're really equipped for and then they dedicate their resources poorly. Plus, it neuters the best part of Faerlina's deck outright.

I think Heroic Maexnna uses that 0 mana web thing at the start on every turn, so I think I'll make a deck of just charge creatures.

I tried. You still need a way to clear board cause she starts with 2 of those spiders and just plays more of them and other things like shade of naxx. Pretty tough fight.

Battlecry/charge is the way to go though. And spells of course.

RPGCrazied

Only had problems with Anub, but got passed the wing, with 3 new cards. No new card back though. I thought you got one for beating the wing, or I guess its only for heroic?

Had a bug where that minion that's supposed to kill the creatures on either side of it didn't trigger for the AI. Sucked cause it would've removed those dancing swords and given me a free card draw. Beat Heroic Faerlina anyway.

It's super lag city right now though. Will try Heroic Maexnna later.

Svafnir

I am confused.

I am somehow got this card into my deck.

52lz4Eu.jpg

ViviOggi

I tried. You still need a way to clear board cause she starts with 2 of those spiders and just plays more of them and other things like shade of naxx. Pretty tough fight.

Battlecry/charge is the way to go though. And spells of course.

This is what Amaz used to beat Heroic Maexnna, worked for me as well. Basically use your chargers/MCT every turn, try to get maximum value out of your Explosive Traps and trade if she has too much damage on board. I didn't even draw Unleash on my successful run.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I beat Maexxna Heroic by looping Alexstrasza.

Turns out she can't deal 15 damage in the late game, so I was free to build lethal in my hand while playing Alex every turn to stabilize.

owl, earthring farseer, mind control tech, + some chargers for the 3rd boss.

Need some how to kill like the 4 creatures that are bigger than 2 health. You will eventually get enough small stuff to play that it can't bounce everything.

Iryx

Finnaly managed to beat the login screen and got the chance to resume resume my heroic Meaxxne tries, beat it with a value paladin battlecry deck, ironbeak, aldor, kodo and guardian of kings carried me to victory.

JesseZao

Kinda wish they rethemed the class cards used by the bosses to something naxx related. I guess they didn't want to use possible future card names up by doing so. I could see deathcharger being our first peak at a dk card.

Heroic final bosses down. Alex op. Enragers plus priest for second and healing battlecry cards plus priest healing direct dmg ftw. Voodoo docs did work. Make the hero powers work for you, because the ai is dumb. 2nd seemed to hold back, but last boss just gave me back my 4 hp each turn.

Naxx was a fun diversion. Now to build a deck for ranked!

ViviOggi

Beat the lady with a random Zoo deck, Anub'Arak is giving me hell though (Heroic). Can't be bothered to craft the Freeze Mage epics I'm missing so I'll just check for alternative solutions tomorrow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unbelievable

Fuck this piece of shit game and the company that's running it

I'm out for a few days because I don't support this amateur shit handling of the servers. Servers run by Kickstarter projects are better than this.

ViviOggi

Unbelievable

I'm out for a few days because I don't support this amateur shit handling of the servers. Servers run by Kickstarter projects are better than this.
Cut them some slack it's basically an indie game

Ashodin

Unbelievable

fuck the difficulty on these challenges man

I think I have maexxna beat with a rogue deck I threw together.

Just beat him with MCT , earthen ring farseer, a few aoes, si7 agent, and some charges to clean up. 1 hard removal saved for big minions.

edit:

also elven archers were pretty helpful.

edit2:

So strange. When I asked zeriyah if you get 1 card back per heroic wing completed, he said yes. I didn't get anything for beating each heroic boss in arachnid though.

Alrus

If you manage to kill the four spiders early enough against maexxna (heroic), her board is flooded and she can't put any threatening minions up and it's just a matter of killing her and surviving the 6 hit to the face every turn.

So does Yoshichan have some sort of condition that makes him like he is or is it just some sort of internet "personality"?

Took a few tries but got through all the heroics.

Beat the first one with a Hunter deck with lots of removal. Beat the second one with Zoo, pretty easy. Third one was the hardest, put together a Paladin deck with healing, removal and Ze Rules. Basically I had to keep healing and survive until turn 6 when I could Pyro > Consecrate all the spiders on the board, then finally play the game. Quality cheap stuff like Novice Engineer, Ironbark Owl and Earthen Ring Farseer are great since they'll keep boucing them back to you. The 1/4 weapon was useful too to clean up loose ends.

If you manage to kill the four spiders early enough against maexxna (heroic), her board is flooded and she can't put any threatening minions up and it's just a matter of killing her and surviving the 6 hit to the face every turn.

So does Yoshichan have some sort of condition that makes him like he is or is it just some sort of internet "personality"?

I never knew of him before Hearthstone, but apparently he is like this with other (Blizzard-only?) games. He's entertaining although you cannot help but feel like he'll go on a shooting rampage some day. Keep your eyes peeled, Europeans.

I feel like Alexstraza will be super damn helpful for the Heroic challenges. Only tried a single challenge and lost, may have time tonight to try some more.

It was pretty easy for me. I played through the Arachnid Quarter without losing once on normal and I only lost once on the hero challenges playing as the Druid.

Going through it on Heroic now and just beat the first part. Barely won but my Warrior Control deck is getting me through just like it did on my normal playthrough.

blackflag

I think it's just an internet "personality"

Be glad you weren't around for Diablo 3 launch thread. Shit gets tiresome.

JesseZao

I never knew of him before Hearthstone, but apparently he is like this with other (Blizzard-only?) games. He's entertaining although you cannot help but feel like he'll go on a shooting rampage some day. Keep your eyes peeled, Europeans.

I feel like Alexstraza will be super damn helpful for the Heroic challenges. Only tried a single challenge and lost, may have time tonight to try some more.

He does seem to have a primal need for attention. I have a feeling you might be on to something about a rampage. If people just start ignoring him, will it be our fault if something happens?

inky

He's just a guy who loves the attention and floods the threads with posts about his intense love/hate relationship with Blizzard games. He plays for dozens of hours straight, acts like an addict who just got his best fix yet and then posts pictures of allegedly broken peripherals due to his rage when the flaws start to show up. He pretends he hates Blizzard games, that they are the worst company ever and goes on about how he's done forever with them, but he keeps coming back for more anyway.

Seriously, I know I'm contributing to this crap by posting this, but threads become unbearable when it happens for the hundredth time and I beg everyone to just not give him the attention.

Hmm you can kill your own egg with SI7 or Perdition if you run that so it shouldn't be too bad but yeah, can't force taunt it or buff it too much.

I really don't see the point of wasting damage on your own minion.

I mean, I do, but the gains seem very small to me. You basically got a worse version of ancient watcher since at least the turn you silence ancient watcher you can attack with it.

Kettch

Finished the Heroics up.

Freeze mage, trap hunter, freeze mage (with loot hoarder/acolyte taken out for cone of cold/chargers).

Another deck with the egg, this time a zoo, and he can barely make it relevant. I mean, it has been sitting there for 4 turns lol. Doesn't hurt that I had a weblord out I guess.

edit:
The turn I killed it I used it to kill off my weblord so I could play my azure drake without spending 2 extra mana. And then next turn leeroy'd without the problem as well.

That was a fun match.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Breezed through the normal versions. Don't think I'll play through the heroic stuff because nothing about playing against the AI is appealing here. The class challenges are moderately interesting but only because it's an excuse to play around with some of the new cards while having decks constructed to take advantage of them. This whole solo adventure thing seems like it was a really big waste of Blizzard's time though. It just isn't a fun way to unlock cards, but with how the dust system works I guess they need to set up special hoops for players to jump through when they're adding new things to the game.

Haunted

Breezed through the normal versions. Don't think I'll play through the heroic stuff because nothing about playing against the AI is appealing here. The class challenges are moderately interesting but only because it's an excuse to play around with some of the new cards while having decks constructed to take advantage of them. This whole solo adventure thing seems like it was a really big waste of Blizzard's time though. It just isn't a fun way to unlock cards, but with how the dust system works I guess they need to set up special hoops for players to jump through when they're adding new things to the game.
I'm sorry you feel that way, I'm having a blast fighting my way through these.

The challenges are ridiculous, I think it's crazy that people have already found ways to beat them (not looking any decks up, but nothing I tried really worked so far).

Dahbomb

Beat final boss with all Battlecry/Charge minions and board clears using a Hunter deck. King Crush, Stormpike Commando and Explosive Trap did a ton of work. I think the two Explosive Traps killed like 12-13 creatures altogether.

And the lag was pretty fucking stupid.

The final boss's hero ability still works on Faerie Dragon. I already tried that and it didn't work out.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Ok, now I'm really stopping. Lag let up so I finished up the Naxx normals and headed back to Arena. Then it came back with a vengeance and cost me a match. As my buddy, Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion, would say, "MISTAKE!"

Haunted

This is the laggiest fucking shit i've seen since vanilla WoW.
Yeah. :/

Not sure why they're refusing to spin up extra servers for such a launch, makes the experience worse for the players and generally causes a bad first impression.

I know it's not that easy, but if any company could afford to do it, it's Blizzard.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Every turn did take 5 minutes extra, but all heroics are done. Very fun and can't wait till next week... the lag shouldn't be this bad next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom