• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

hm looks like freeze mage is the way to go for heroic - as I predicted weeks ago :]

seems that way, just beat the anub on heroic with this shit first time. gotta make them mana wyrms do work

zOy1or6.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So the heroic reward is from beating every wing right?

Cipherr

Alex is huge on Anub rhekan, RIP to those of us new to the game that don't have that card. Bitch coins out a 4/4 on turn two every game and you are chasing from that point onward.

I can find peace with them making a challenge by breaking the 30hp rule, and even putting in wild cards and 2 mana 4/4's but do they have to NEVER let you get coin either? That just seems low....

ShinNL

Heroic quest:

Boss 1:
Easy with Healadin.

Boss 2:
Failing hard with Healadin, but my simple Warrior tempo deck beat her. Armorsmith is such powerful card against her. I noticed she stopped using her hero power once I put Grommash down. Hah!

Boss 3:
Finally beat Heroic with Leeroy + Farseer loop, after some epic topdeck praying to get the right rights to deal with the board (aka, making it a full board of 1 attack minions).

Ended up exactly at 1 hp with the final Leeroy strike, few!

Kinda hard without Alexstrasza.

Raxus

i cant even beat the first quest on normal :(

i dont have any legendary cards so i cant use these decks others are using :(

Zoolock works wonders on some of these decks. Charge hunter is great against Maexenna but you need quite a few rares to make it work. I don't know what is the best strat for heroic Anub. I just slowly beat him down with druid.

dorkimoe

Zoolock works wonders on some of these decks. Charge hunter is great against Maexenna but you need quite a few rares to make it work. I don't know what is the best strat for heroic Anub. I just slowly beat him down with druid.

I'm on normal :(

Raxus

I'm on normal :(

So it should be even easier :p.

I wish I had a better strat for Anub. I think Mage would probably be the deck to choose since it counters it pretty evenhandedly on the normal mode. The other cards made heroic easy and would probably make normal a joke.

Kinda shitty that there was no reward for beating Heroic.

Oh well... until next week I guess.
We WERE supposed to get golden versions of the cards but Blizzard accounting'players' complained.

dorkimoe

So it should be even easier :p.

I wish I had a better strat for Anub. I think Mage would probably be the deck to choose since it counters it pretty evenhandedly on the normal mode. The other cards made heroic easy and would probably make normal a joke.

doing mage now, he keeps throwing out locust swarm..pretty much anytime i get a heavy hitter on the board he counters it with something stupid

edit; I DID IT COACH! Hooray first one down on normal!

blackflag

Kinda shitty that there was no reward for beating Heroic.

Oh well... until next week I guess.

Seriously? not even after beating all of them? I just tried Anub heroic and didn't get shit. I figured maybe there's something after beating them all. If not, that's a terrible decision.

Rockyrock

Maexxna was being a little bitch so i had to create a custom deck.

Destroyed her on the second try

Never have I seen Voodoo Doctors so useful.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I read somewhere that you'll get a card back for beating every boss (all wings) on heroic.

This is Blizzard we're talking about; rewards for our time is pretty much guaranteed.

Oh its definitely doable. But potentially playing a single card that takes off 30 HP is a ..... fairly big utility. Most of the decks posted for dealing with her have legendaries in it.

But you have to wait til turn 9 to do that.

I beat anub before turn 9.

People post decks with legendary cards cause they have them, not cause they are necessarily required.

mercviper

Just finished the heroics. Maexxna and Anub'rekhan are so anti-zoo it's hilarious. Switched to my value paladin deck for Anub'rekhan and made a battlecry/charge hunter deck for Maexxna because of hero power. Didn't bother with too much board control in terms of spells for Maexxna, which worked out because the only creature in Maexxna's deck that's hard to get rid of is untargetable by spells anyway. And the rest of them don't have enough power to be a real threat.

Mononoke

Banned
This rogue class challenge is difficult as hell for me. I thought Maexxna was really easy (beat her on my first try, and beat her 4 other times now). But I'm having a lot of trouble playing against her with a pre-made deck. Her board control is absolutely insane, and she seems to be getting lucky hands every time (ie. getting cards that can split into 1/1 minions upon death). 5 turns in and she like 6 people on the board. It's insane! I've gotten really close to winning several times, and she ends up pulling out these kind of cards out of her ass to completely control the board again. It sucks, I have no card that can clear the board.

Yoshichan

Guys, I'm trying to buy the golden versions of the class cards (Poison Seeds and Anub'ar Ambusher) but can't find a way of doing this... anyone?

manhack

I'm thinking it will be interesting to beat some of the bosses using specific decks that might not be at an advantage rather than finding the optimal deck to beat the bosses...

The AI still isn't exactly the smartest... even on Expert...

This deck is really hilarious and awesome against Faerlina. I made it in 5 seconds so a bunch of changes could be made, but feel free to try it out and have fun!

I would probably switch the Slams out for Executes.

Is this a deck for heroic?

This rogue class challenge is difficult as hell for me. I thought Maexxna was really easy (beat her on my first try, and beat her 4 other times now). But I'm having a lot of trouble playing against her with a pre-made deck. Her board control is absolutely insane, and she seems to be getting lucky hands every time (ie. getting cards that can split into 1/1 minions upon death). 5 turns in and she like 6 people on the board. It's insane! I've gotten really close to winning several times, and she ends up pulling out these kind of cards out of her ass to completely control the board again. It sucks, I have no card that can clear the board.

tip:
focus on just filling the board primarily

Dahbomb

I got really lucky in the Rogue challenge. I Mind Control Teched the other guy's Sea Giant and placed a Taunt on him. The rest is history as he proceeded to run his shit into the Sea Giant.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finished up all the heroics. I made a freeze mage deck with healing for the last boss. Oh and MCT was huge, had 2 of them.

When you guys unlock the Ambusher, check out the card text.

Originally he was called, "Anub'ar Guy who bounces a guy back to your hand," but it lacked certain zing.

The one for Poison Seeds is alright too.

Edit: Oh, does anyone know how good the XP is for heroic bosses? Normal isn't worth anything but I haven't done heroic yet.

Minsc

Gold Member
Guys, I'm trying to buy the golden versions of the class cards (Poison Seeds and Anub'ar Ambusher) but can't find a way of doing this... anyone?

The cards tell you when you right click them in the crafting mode in "my collection" deck building screen... just be sure to tick 'show only golden cards' like normal for crafting golden cards. You can filter by the Naxx set with the tab towards the bottom-right of the screen.

Yoshichan

The cards tell you when you right click them in the crafting mode in "my collection" deck building screen... just be sure to tick 'show only golden cards' like normal for crafting golden cards. You can filter by the Naxx set with the tab towards the bottom-right of the screen.

Thanks a bunch man!

Been messing around with Nerubian egg, and managed to get the DREAM of Coin+Nerubian egg followed by crazed alchemist two times in a row. Sadly so far not getting the dream as warlock of Nerubian egg+Void Terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom