• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I made it to make her using the power a good thing.

I did a third test and lost. I think I need to change the War Axes to something better.

The deck definitely works better then an aggro deck. I had thought to use something fast so that I'd have no cards in hand, but they kept dealing with the minions and it was an uphill race.

Your deck puts up results though!

H4HsE3A.jpg

Great job! :)

EDIT: It did get a bit hairy near the end, but I didn't draw a single Armorsmith the whole game.

That 2/8 taunted is such a douche. Always putting put Abusive Sarge and Elvish Archer and never Arcane Golem or Leroy.

I killed two of those with a flamestrike in my freeze mage deck and one put out a giant and the other put out a Acolyte of Pain...VALUE!

Zafir

Wait... the X removes quests now and doesn't reroll? There goes a quest. X.x

Might be lag messing with it.. I guess...

Edit: Yeah it's the lag, the exact same quest has popped back up and no more X's.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait... the X removes quests now and doesn't reroll? There goes a quest. X.x

Might be lag messing with it.. I guess...

Lag. Relog.

inky

I really can't figure out Maexxna on Heroic. Should I focus on constantly clearing her minions? I just can't keep up.

My recommendation is to try to make it fill the board with only 1 attack minions. Easier said than done, but if you kill several creepers early on it will have no room to play bigger cards. Just don't kill those and eat the 7 damage every turn while trying to maximize your own damage.

This works to your advantage especially as a freeze Mage. Freeze spells like frost nova and secrets help you stall, cheap card draws like coldlight oracle are essential to get through your deck faster and your spells and some low cost chargers are used for damage. Flamestrike is a last resort to clear the board before lethal to avoid damage for one more turn.

hope this helps =)

Boba2007

The deck definitely works better then an aggro deck. I had thought to use something fast so that I'd have no cards in hand, but they kept dealing with the minions and it was an uphill race.

Your deck puts up results though!

Great job! :)

EDIT: It did get a bit hairy near the end, but I didn't draw a single Armorsmith the whole game.

Glad it worked out for you! I'm testing it more and it's starting to lose pretty badly (on one game I drew way too many cards... Don't play your Acolytes on turn 3!). I'm trying out some changes to the deck right now.

Lag seems to be okay now. Fun fun.

I wonder how many people on ladder are playing the zoo that Reynad is playing now. Time to find out.

edit: 4 games in a row and it's all the new zoo ㅋ

Rockk

to beat Maexxna on heroic you want to play hunter and mulligan for explosives trap, unleash the hounds, and tracking. after that key cards are the buzzard, dire wolf alpha, and timber wolf. from there it's pretty easy to keep a full board and just constantly clear whatever is played. Wasn't too hard. managed to beat it on my first try with a deck I threw together in a minute.

Cels

anub heroic - used a normal paladin deck, beat him on first attempt
faerlina heroic - used a ramp druid deck, beat her on first attempt
maexxna heroic - after i failed using my normal paladin deck i subbed in some extra battlecry healing (voodoo doctor, earthen ring) and added 2x owl and 2x humility in addition to aldor peacekeeper which was already in the deck. her hero power can help you stay alive if she bounces your battlecry healing. if she has 7 1-attack minions on the board, don't destroy them, she won't be able to summon anything else unless she trades them into you. if/when she does hopefully you have humility/aldor ready to minimize the threat from the new replacement minion. beat her in one try with the edited paladin deck

scy

This whole solo adventure thing seems like it was a really big waste of Blizzard's time though. It just isn't a fun way to unlock cards, but with how the dust system works I guess they need to set up special hoops for players to jump through when they're adding new things to the game.

Keep in mind that the Adventure Mode stuff is just for small mini-expansion sort of things. Full blown expansions will go through the normal route of having packs and so-on attached to them and not unlocked just through a PvE component.

I find this staggered release a bit awkward in terms of Ranked play, though. Find it weird the first week wasn't all the class cards (+ unlock a pre-made class deck instead of using your own) and then lead that into the PvE content. At least then every class would have their Naxx card available rather than some being forced to wait a month.

Emarv

anub heroic - used a normal paladin deck, beat him on first attempt
faerlina heroic - used a ramp druid deck, beat her on first attempt
maexxna heroic - after i failed using my normal paladin deck i subbed in some extra battlecry healing (voodoo doctor, earthen ring) and added 2x owl and 2x humility in addition to aldor peacekeeper which was already in the deck. her hero power can help you stay alive if she bounces your battlecry healing. if she has 7 1-attack minions on the board, don't destroy them, she won't be able to summon anything else unless she trades them into you. if/when she does hopefully you have humility/aldor ready to minimize the threat from the new replacement minion. beat her in one try with the edited paladin deck

What's your normal pally deck look like?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Done! Did heroic and class challenges three times, I think I'm done :D

First time with mage, then paladin and lastly priest although priest was hard as shit.

For those who want help on Maxxy, use a mid range shaman. Its super easy to keep her webbing totems and you throw them back out for great effect. First shotted it np.
Also first shotted heroic anub, that ramp druid do

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
This is the worst pve content ever. One shot everything.. just a waste of time. Give me the cards and be done with it.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I can't beat Maexxna! Anyone have any advice? I've only started playing like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

What class should I use? Deck recommendations?

This is the deck I used, I made it myself.

freezemagenaxxz3j9h.jpg

The MCTs were huge in the beginning because you would get back your MCT and whatever you stole from him.

Cels

What's your normal pally deck look like?

i modified it a bit but it looks like this right now:

ZrGpWqK.png

i just tried it again and it still works fine:

the basic idea is to get something out on the board and trade favorably with his 4/4 minions using kings. a ramp druid deck should be better at this concept if your goal is to just win, but i like playing paladin and it works well enough

there are definitely a lot of changes you can make with the deck to tailor it specifically against heroic anubrekhan, but i didn't really bother

Willectro

Banned
Is there no reward for completing heroic? I know there is supposed to be a card back for completing all the heroic wings, but I thought there would be something for completing the first heroic wing?

Mind posting the decklist please?

Assume it's something like this:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/64710-dreamhack-summer-2014-ro8-amaz-man-the-bat
Basically, lots of charge, lots of traps, some control.

I did Maexnna with Control Druid personally. Once you clear the initial mass of spiders with Swipe+Pyro or Starfall(probably want both Swipe and Starfall to make sure you clear everything), game is won if you have a keeper and a farseer in your hand. Just keep playing until you draw the other keeper and your druid of the claw on charge form, since Maexnna has no draw she can't really put anything on the board that can kill you before you kill it with Keepers nukes and Farseer will guaranteed you heal back up to full constantly while Cat form druids will take care of finishing the game. It's only rocky early on, you need to draw these removals.

I'd assume facerush paladin works well too.

Aylinato

I beat the spider with a non-charge deck. Mind control tech, the 1 heal dude, shaman totems, murloc that spawns a murloc which has 0 mana to play, the hunter thing, and some spells to deal with those giants

I did Maexxna with a warlock deck. Took three tries but that was mainly just waiting for the right draw. It was pretty much based around Hellfire, Leeroy, the healing minions, and that's it. There's a good chance she'll fill the board with the 1/2 minions, so when you Hellfire, it fills back up with 1/1s. Then you hope you get your healing cards. Playing Leeroy early works to fill the board up as well. I also used Jarraxxus but it wasn't needed. I would just advise that you use a cheap charge card so you can keep healing each turn.

I would say all that you really need are the Voodoo Doctors, Farseers, a cheap board clear, and a charge card. And luck on the starting hand / draws.

Double Edit: Since I changed my avatar, I feel like name changing but I have no idea what to switch it too.

biaxident

Cleared heroic bosses. Ramp druid likes other said just destroys anub. Zoo owned widow hard, only trouble I had was on Maexxna. Ended up going with a priest, the hero power plus voodoo doc/priestess of elune bought me plenty of time to chip away at the hp. I don't have a straza so I can't ez mode it, but it worked out fine. Ready for next set of bosses, and I really hope blizz doesn't take 8 months to release more cards. All blizz games lately you just wait for the next update before playing, they need to get more regular updates going.

LiveWire

So basically for Heroic--
Ramp Druid
for Anub,
Zoolock
for Grand Widow and
Aggro Hunter
for Maexxna? Beat all 3 bosses on my 2nd try. C'mon Blizz I thought this was supposed to be hard. ;P

The last one is especially bad
Huffer+ Abusive Sergeants vs a board full of 1/2s lulz

Celegus

Beat everything up until heroic Faerlina first try somehow. This one's gonna take some work! Too bad I don't have Alex, 45 health is so much to deal with especially with her bombardments during the first few turns.

Beat everything up until heroic Faerlina first try somehow. This one's gonna take some work! Too bad I don't have Alex, 45 health is so much to deal with especially with her bombardments during the first few turns.

Use a Zoo or Murloc deck. Her hero power becomes useless when you have no cards in your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom