• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
2 legendaries back to back. Captain Greenskin and a golden Millhouse Manastorm
wtzgU.gif

There is no way all the legendaries have the same chance of being drawn lol. Millhouse has got to be at least 3x more likely than the rest.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
There is no way all the legendaries have the same chance of being drawn lol. Millhouse has got to be at least 3x more likely than the rest.

I have no millhouse. (I am only missing 13)

my worst is probably nat pagle. I've drawn him at least 5 times. ironically none of which have been during his 1600 DE period.........

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Coming from the CCG side of things, Hearthstone feels, if anything, absurdly cheap. I have just about every card I could want for <$200. That's cheaper than even "living card games" like Netrunner and the price of a single Magic deck in Standard.

How in Netrunner could you not get every card you want for <$200? You can buy two core sets and every single data pack for that much. And to build a good deck you probably need half that.

Also Netrunner is way better than watered-down Magic /runs.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
How is any Golden Legendary a dissapointment? Can't you DE him for ANY Legendary you want.

why the hell would you DE a Golden leg? That's like DE'ing a unicorn. You vulgar heathen.

sadly I would also keep a shitty golden leg instead of DE'ing them... I mean I kept my golden Geddon. he's not exactly crap, but at the time there were probably half a dozen better legs I could have bought instead.

FStop7

Banned
why the hell would you DE a Golden leg? That's like DE'ing a unicorn. You vulgar heathen.

sadly I would also keep a shitty golden leg instead of DE'ing them... I mean I kept my golden Geddon. he's not exactly crap, but at the time there were probably half a dozen better legs I could have bought instead.

I DE'd golden Tink for 3200 dust. Fuck that guy, gimme da loot.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

*shrug* I don't have all the cards yet. I'd rather have Cairne and Rag than a golden Lorewalker Cho and Golden Deathwing.

Copenap

12-1 Arena run, get golden Naturalize as reward. Thanks Blizz.

In the pack I got Alexstraza though, only have so very few Legendaries so that's nice.

Card Boy

Banned
I don't understand how you guys are swimming in legendaries and dust. I probably have like 125ish matches and got fuck all in terms of cards. I'm still trying to make essential common cards.

Aylinato

I don't understand how you guys are swimming in legendaries and dust. I probably have like 125ish matches and got fuck all in terms of cards. I'm still trying to make essential common cards.

I have almost 390 wins and only have hogger. :(

Minsc

Gold Member

And this is why Loot Hoarder and Thalnos are dead draws / worse than Novice Engineer late game when you start top-decking. :)

Edit: Though I guess he probably should have pinged the Loot Hoarder himself when he saw I wasn't playing any creature for him to run it in to, now that I think about it more, so maybe not that misplaced in a Mage deck at least.

DukeSucks

I suck so bad at this, don't even understand it all, but can't stop playing. When ipad version comes out, my work productivity will suffer tremendously

When ipad version comes out, my work productivity will suffer tremendously

I hear ya. Till this game came out I never once thought about getting a tablet, but this would work so perfectly...

AND I could play PvZ 2...so yeah, once the IOS version comes out, I'm grabbing a pad.

P.S..that al'akir card looks pretty badass..Is that a neutral or class specific card? I don't seem to run into people playing it eventhough it looks like a great card...buff that mofo and you have a heavy hitter w/windfury on it..

kirblar

1300+ Arena wins helps. If you can consistently get to at least 5-6 wins packs are essentially 50g.

1300+ Arena wins helps. If you can consistently get to at least 5-6 wins packs are essentially 50g.

That's my problem. I'm absolutely awful at arena. I've gotten ranked as high as 12 and 3 stars with my paladin, and I've had moderate success with a zoo lock (roughly rank 15), but when it comes to arena I've never gotten more than 2 wins at a time..I end up playing a character I don't know and just get my ass beat....makes me not even want to play arena even though it's the best value.

Frenden

Banned
I made my first midrange bursty shaman deck. I pulled off the Leeroy Rockbiter Windfury dream my second game. And Al'Akir finished him off the turn after.

Feels good man.

That's my problem. I'm absolutely awful at arena. I've gotten ranked as high as 12 and 3 stars with my paladin, and I've had moderate success with a zoo lock (roughly rank 15), but when it comes to arena I've never gotten more than 2 wins at a time..I end up playing a character I don't know and just get my ass beat....makes me not even want to play arena even though it's the best value.

Have you ever watched someone like Trump on YouTube? He's worth a watch.

Or, have you ever recorded your own Arena runs/Arena deck building? If so, you could post your video here and get comments on how to improve.

Have you ever watched someone like Trump on YouTube? He's worth a watch.

Or, have you ever recorded your own Arena runs/Arena deck building? If so, you could post your video here and get comments on how to improve.

I haven't watched Trump do any arena runs and I probably should. I've never recorded a video for Youtube of any kind so I'm not even sure how I would do that...but that aside, I think I should watch Trump...certainly couldn't hurt.

Granted I've bought lots of packs of cards but I've yet to get the same Legendary.

I gotten from packs: Ysera, Malygos, Raganos, and Nat Pagle...

I've dusted some of them and now have: Cairn Bloodhoof, Rag, Leeroy, and Illidan

Frenden

Banned
I've spent about $200 and was lucky in getting at least three legendary cards per set of 40 packs with only two dupes (and one was gold and dusted for a needed card).

With my grinding added in, I need only Jaraxxus, Malygos, Millhouse, Tink, Tauren Chieftan, Onyxia, and Van Cleef.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I been playing hearthstone for 1 week now. I'm up to rank 14 on the ladder with my f2p mage deck. I had my most satisfying win to date today versus a control warrior. Dropped an acidic ooze to eat his gorehowl. Sheeped and mage powered Baron Geddon and Hellscream on respective turns. Ended up outlasting him until he had to forfeit the match because he was out of cards. Think I was down like 27 + 12 armor to like 12 or 14 before the come back.

bunbun777

Anyone know why since after beta I've been having this issue at the end of an arena match the game shuts down?

--and just got my first golden legendary-

not sure if I should keep the standard one, no reason to keep it but the collectability factor which is pretty strong for me....

How in Netrunner could you not get every card you want for <$200? You can buy two core sets and every single data pack for that much. And to build a good deck you probably need half that.

Also Netrunner is way better than watered-down Magic /runs.

Umm... 3x Core + every data pack (12 x $15) + Creation & Control = $330 and it goes up by $15ish every month...? Yes you need 3x core if you play Netrunner beyond a casual level because you need 3x Sansan, 3x Desperado, etc. Even if you do 2x Core it's still $290...

Also I like Netrunner a lot (which is why I have bought all of the above) but I'm incredibly tired of 'Fast Advance vs. Account Siphon: The Game' and I can't play at work or at 11pm in my pajamas. Generally if I get together with multiple people to play, we play Magic (EDH).

Hearthstone basically feels like Magic Sealed, which is fun enough to sustain a game for quite a while, especially given the alternative is the crap-tacular mess called MTGO.

Tarazet

I have over 1000 Constructed wins, spent $40 for boosters months ago, and still don't have all the commons. I just got my first Lightspawn yesterday.

Any priests out there that can help me with my deck? Made a shadow priest deck today and it got me to rank 15. I think it can use a bit of tuning up though. Just lost 3 straight to my friend who uses a control shaman, although they were a bit close.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Quest refresh bugged out again.

Settled on 2 "5 wins as shaman and x" and 1 "Total Dominance".

Arrrgh I just want to finish my dailies. I'm not trying to get to Legendary.

Stop throwing good decks my way.

ShinNL

Any priests out there that can help me with my deck? Made a shadow priest deck today and it got me to rank 15. I think it can use a bit of tuning up though. Just lost 3 straight to my friend who uses a control shaman, although they were a bit close.
Strange, everytime I experiment with double Shadowform, I always had to make my deck super low curve and aggressive, so you can guarantee board presence before you switch to Shadowform.

Your deck has a lot of 'slow' cards instead.

Instead of 1 for 1 cards like SW:pain, I much prefer 2x Shadow Madness just to reach that Faerie Dragon they just buffed with Shatter Sun Cleric.

I personally always run 2x SW:Death because of how mana efficient the card is. A good combo card with that is Dark Iron Dwarf.

If you plan to run BGH, I suggest running 1 faceless to increase it's value by much more. With 8 or more mana you can Faceless and then BGH.

I'm not very fond of the lower mana curve. For a Shadow Priest deck I prefer using things like Harvest Golem, Scarlet Crusader, Mogu'Shen, since you usually just want to steal stuff with Shadow Madness and Cabal Shadow Priest with your mana.

Strange, everytime I experiment with double Shadowform, I always had to make my deck super low curve and aggressive, so you can guarantee board presence before you switch to Shadowform.

Your deck has a lot of 'slow' cards instead.

Instead of 1 for 1 cards like SW:pain, I much prefer 2x Shadow Madness just to reach that Faerie Dragon they just buffed with Shatter Sun Cleric.

I personally always run 2x SW:Death because of how mana efficient the card is. A good combo card with that is Dark Iron Dwarf.

If you plan to run BGH, I suggest running 1 faceless to increase it's value by much more. With 8 or more mana you can Faceless and then BGH.

I'm not very fond of the lower mana curve. For a Shadow Priest deck I prefer using things like Harvest Golem, Scarlet Crusader, Mogu'Shen, since you usually just want to steal stuff with Shadow Madness and Cabal Shadow Priest with your mana.

Yeah, that deck is a mess. Thanks for the ideas! No idea how I got to 15 with it. I think I kinda just want to make it a slow burn while I do damage with shadow form and wait for Velen...But that probably won't work. I wanted to do that or just make an aggro priest deck with shadow form. Probably impossible to get aggro to work well with priest but whatever, I have more fun paying priest than the other classes.

Too bad they aren't that great at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom