• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoGonzo

Opened a Tinkmaster today. Since I had already disenchanted one on release day it means that I've made 3200 dust from disenchanting both of them... hellooo golden Ysera!

(Already have Tyrion, Rag, Cairne, Alex... I guess I'll craft Leeroy soon but I simply don't like rush decks so I'm still not sure)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Got a free Hearthstone card pack that I am not gonna use from Diablo III RoS. First gaffer to quote me gets it

Wichu

My younger brother's just started this game. It's funny watching him wreck people thanks to his experience with Magic - he got 12 wins on his second Arena attempt ever.

Also his friend disenchanted a golden Leeroy Jenkins "because he doesn't play aggro" :(

zoukka

Yay 12 run in arena after a 10 day break. The deck wasn't anything great, but 2 flametongue totems and 2 imp masters worked surprisingly well and often. I regret picking mountain giant, it's awful in arena.

Lumine

Hm, I thought pre-ordering Reaper of Souls gets you a free hearthstone pack? I bought it 2 days ago, activated it, got those angel wings in Diablo 3, but no hearthstone pack. Am I missing something here? Did I read it wrong or am I supposed to do something else as well?

Do any of ye stream or record videos? I watch trump often but would also find it interesting to watch some of ye guys.

With the ranked season, is your result the highest rank you achieved or is it simply the rank you finished on?

scy

Probably after I'm done with nothing but Reaper. I need someone to share my Ranked suffering.

Overlooked the "first" partof the post. Even better.

On my first arena I only got 2 wins, but I picked Rogue and from the tier list I found on the net that was a bad choice. Heh.

Rogue is probably one of the best Arena classes. Everyone forced into tempo or value type decks and Rogue excels at doing both of those better / faster.

Played 2 Druid rush decks in a row today. It was tricky to deal with but ultimately cool to even see. My only defence is probably true of any bad defence against a rush deck aka "I only need one more turn to squash this".

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Decided to play arena for the first time. Now 4-0 and I am scared lol.

Stressful stuff.

WTF, your first arena run is going to be a better run than my two dozen have been, LOL.

Congrats, wish I could pull that off.

snack

My younger brother's just started this game. It's funny watching him wreck people thanks to his experience with Magic - he got 12 wins on his second Arena attempt ever.

Also his friend disenchanted a golden Leeroy Jenkins "because he doesn't play aggro" :(

GOLD LEEROY? GODDAMN

FStop7

Banned
I just DE'd a golden Molten Giant. I just don't really care about gold cards unless an animation is especially cool. IE - golden Unleash the Hounds because of the snow swirling around them. Looks pretty rad.

FStop7

Banned
I tried playing Trump's most recent F2P Shaman deck last night. Just in Casual for now. It's pretty fun, it's a lot different than the super aggro Hunter deck I'd been using to rank up with. Shaman seems to be all about bleeding a little early on, riding out the rush, then just scaling up an overwhelming death ball of buffed minions.

Meanwhile, aggro Hunter is just hit the face, hit the face, hit the face. If I can get an opponent's face under 15 health before they can get me under 20 then I pretty much win every time.

snack

I tried playing Trump's most recent F2P Shaman deck last night. Just in Casual for now. It's pretty fun, it's a lot different than the super aggro Hunter deck I'd been using to rank up with. Shaman seems to be all about bleeding a little early on, riding out the rush, then just scaling up an overwhelming death ball of buffed minions.

Meanwhile, aggro Hunter is just hit the face, hit the face, hit the face. If I can get an opponent's face under 15 health before they can get me under 20 then I pretty much win every time.
Leeroy swag.

Just got THE BEAST today. I'll probably end up dusting it and I should be capable of getting a solid legendary.

I might want to try him in a rogue deck with conceal though. 9 punches are pretty tempting from a 6 drop.

Or a warrior deck with charge. It'd be like having grommash. Now if I only had a grommash to have 2 grommashes. And ysera and maybe 1 other bomb to make a different late game bomb warrior.

kirblar

The Beast is a good (but not great) card. Wouldn't recommend a D/E on it, simply because it's solid enough to use until you get better stuff.

mkenyon

Banned
Talk about the stars aligning:

VV5a0gV.png

Dropped down Cenarius to prevent the obvious setup for Flamestrike. Concede.

I used the google spreadsheet for my arena run last night and got 3 wins (1 better than I've ever done), but I'm just not good at arena, thus I don't think it's a good value for me.

Arena makes sense if you're good..if you aren't, you're just throwing 50g away...I'm sticking to the 100g packs and dailies from now on.

As soon as I hit 5 arena wins everyone becomes the luckiest people on earth. Probably a bunch of lottery winning millionaires with horseshoes in their asses.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Anyone ever manage to get multiple 100g quests with the infinite quest refresh bug? I got one fairly quickly, but tried over and over and could never get another one.

Also, what happened to all the mrrrgle and stall-lock decks? Haven't seen any for a while. Thank god. Those were the only decks I consistently had trouble with so I was finally able to break past rank 10.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyone ever manage to get multiple 100g quests with the infinite quest refresh bug? I got one fairly quickly, but tried over and over and could never get another one.

Nope, I get the impression that you can only have one of each quest up simultaneously.

I love that the game makes quick fixes when it fails to award you a win. I don't know if that's because someone's trying to glitch me out of a win, but whatever it is, the game knows.

Got awarded 4 stars when it missed a star in the previous game and I won the following game. It noted I had a winning streak going.. Now rank 12 and 1 star..Closing in on my all-time high of 12 and 3 stars.

ShinNL

Fuck yeah, nothing is better than beating a charge Hunter with a deck 100% made to beat a charge Hunter and suck against everything else.

Eaglehorn Bow + Traps doing 5 damage every turn? Yeah, no.

Shaman deck with Secretkeeper, Acidic Swamp Ooze, Raging Worgen (explosive trap this, bitch!) and no Hex (dead card vs charge Hunter).

What an anti-fun class that I just have to end up specializing in destroying each time I think the game might be playable. Might just gonna have a long break from Hearthstone.

jblank83

So my free Reaper of Souls packs came with golden UTH and Nat Pagle.

DE Nat Pagle should get me just enough to make Rag or Tirion or something. Thanks, RoS... =)

So my free Reaper of Souls packs came with golden UTH and Nat Pagle.

DE Nat Pagle should get me just enough to make Rag or Tirion or something. Thanks, RoS... =)

Is Tirion a good card to have? I never see it ranked highly among the legendaries but looking at the stats it seems like it'd be quite useful. I run an aggro Pally, so I'm not sure it'd fit into my build, but if it could, I'd love to try it. It looks badass, plus I never see anyone play it.

SteveWD40

Is Tirion a good card to have? I never see it ranked highly among the legendaries but looking at the stats it seems like it'd be quite useful. I run an aggro Pally, so I'm not sure it'd fit into my build, but if it could, I'd love to try it. It looks badass, plus I never see anyone play it.

I think so, it was my first leg so maybe I am sentimental. Even silenced it's a threat and the weapon is great. If they lack hard removal it trades very well.

DrAg0nBoY

I have a question, which was probably already answerd somewhere.

I am currently at rank 25 and am playing non ladder games. Why do I still get opponents who are cleary a higher rank, with legendaries and whatnot? I have won some non ladder games, true, but still.

I have a mage deck with which I win games and other decks which are made only for the daily quest and have now a hard time winning with these...

Minsc

Gold Member
I have a question, which was probably already answerd somewhere.

I am currently at rank 25 and am playing non ladder games. Why do I still get opponents who are cleary a higher rank, with legendaries and whatnot? I have won some non ladder games, true, but still.

I have a mage deck with which I win games and other decks which are made only for the daily quest and have now a hard time winning with these...

Ladder rank won't effect casual games, legendaries != better deck, for you to be playing them based on MMR if you'd not normally have equal scores, you have to be winning matches (shooting your MMR up) / or they have to be losing matches (bringing their MMR down). Or both. Then you run in to them, lose a bunch of games, and get easier opponents.

The game aims to make you lose half your matches one way or another in casual.

DrAg0nBoY

Oh I see. Thanks for that. I just thought that in non-ladder games you play people who are the same rank as you.

While I do know legenderies != a better deck, it just sucks to play against an opponent who has ragnaros and you have your basick Druid deck cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom