• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Has anyone seen Faerlina use her hero power when you play Grommash? I'm pretty sure she didn't use it on me when she had 1 mana left over and I still had a Black Knight in my hand (and lol, Black Knight vs that 2/8 taunt can summon some really juicy stuff!)

I believe she's coded to not use her hero power if you have a minion with the Enrage text on the board. However it looks like this doesn't apply to stuff like Gurubashi.

Xanathus

Y'know.... I'm feeling kinda disappointed at Naxx after all the hype and waiting. It basically only lasted for like an hour haha. I think I'd feel less meh about it if all the wings came out like every 2-3 days instead of having to wait one whole week between them.

G.ZZZ

Done all heroics on first try. Maexxna was the easiest one with a free paladin (fill her board with 1 attack power minion, then play guardian of king + vodoo witch doctor to stay always at 30, let her suicide herself by fatigue while u remain always at 30). Fraelina was pretty easy with a tempo warrior. Anub was done with a control pally, nothing too hard. All those decks have 0 draw and if you stall long enough you just win late.

Y'know.... I'm feeling kinda disappointed at Naxx after all the hype and waiting. It basically only lasted for like an hour haha. I think I'd feel less meh about it if all the wings came out like every 2-3 days instead of having to wait one whole week between them.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed. These boss battles are just a semi distraction in order to unlock what will only be a handful of new cards. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to finally get some new cards, but the way they are being put out (AI boss battles) seems like a giant waste of time and resources to me.

Flayer

The Paladin secrets were so much stronger when they activated on your own turn. Eye for an Eye was playable in that you could hit something with your Truesilver and the damage of that minion would also damage the enemy hero.

BearPawB

Banned
Idk.

As someone who isn't that great at hearthstone/just got back into it Naxx has been a ton of fun and it is only the first wing.

The first series of bosses were fairly standard. But the heroic ones gave me a big challenge (Jaraxxus is my only real legendary).

Maexxna was fun due to the way her hero power worked to help you win. Got her to deal 6 dmg a turn. Heal it up, and use hunter hero power to slowly whittle it down.

Boss 2 was super easy. just used my regular warlock deck to bea tit.

Anub was the biggest hassle for me. I tried dozens of decks and nothing work until i randomly tried a priest (still level 10). Ended up getting a lifewell buffed to high hell and won the game easily

It was a nice break to go up against something new and challenging.

Beat all the content, heroics were a pain in the ass only due to them being complete gimmick fights that force you to make a specific type of deck in order to possibly do it.

That and not getting fucked over by RNG. The amount of times I conceded on turn 1 is staggering.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Into what deck would you put the new druid card? I play mostly druid and in my ramp/malygod/watcher decks I cant see why id put it in.

zoukka

Into what deck would you put the new druid card? I play mostly druid and in my ramp/malygod/watcher decks I cant see why id put it in.

I had happy thoughts of a deathrattle Druid deck with Poison Seeds! Sprinkle that shit with Force of Natures :)

(but at work atm)

dk_

"Defeating all bosses in Heroic mode will earn the player a new card back " (according to Wiki)

I guess that means not the first three, but all.

kazabi

I made this warrior deck that beats heroic Maexxna easily:
TQ8dVzb.png

I would probably put in a second Sea Giants instead of Leeroy if I would have had two of them.

Copenap

I could swear I just saw a Sylvanas deathrattle trigger first before the new Spider card summoned the 1/1 Spiders eventhough Sylvanas was played last or in other words, deathrattle still broken.

zoukka

I am somewhat worried about the production values of HS. The trailer, the menus, the cards are all amazing, but the length of the Wings is so short and I wonder how fucking long will it take for them to create a real expansion... two years?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I am somewhat worried about the production values of HS. The trailer, the menus, the cards are all amazing, but the length of the Wings is so short and I wonder how fucking long will it take for them to create a real expansion... two years?
The first wing is most definately feels underwhelming.

Minsc

Gold Member

Yeah, with quite a few people finishing it in like 30-60 minutes (guess they didn't hit those lag spikes - single matches were taking me 30 minutes yesterday), it's not quite even the couple of hours of content I expected. I've been reading a lot of people not even dying once on all the heroic fights either (but I sorta wonder if these people stack their games - restart everything that isn't an ideal opening hand).

For the expansion, they're off the hook until like September now... Naxx will last until halfway through August, then focus will be on the end of August's Ranked Season, and come September people will probably be looking for news.

Logically, I think next bit of news will probably be the Android / iPhone ports, which maybe they'd have playable at BlizzCon in November... which would also be a good time to spill a little info about the first expansion, I could see a 2015 release as pretty likely for it if they hold off on giving any info until BlizzCon about it. If the expansion isn't released until sometime 2015, it'd make sense to have a 2nd PVE Adventure out before the expansion / after the other platforms are released.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

We can't possibly tie golden cards to heroic.. it's so hard.
<tons of in game warnings about heroic>

<everyone breezes through heroic>

Flayer

Almost everyone who posts about Hearthstone online likely breezes through heroic because they are well aware of everything about Hearthstone and have played a lot. For your average schmoe who casually plays a few games a week and might be tempted to spend some extra time with the game due to Naxxramas, those Heroic fights are probably incredibly hard. These are your average Hearthstone casuals (the majority) who would view hitting rank 15 as a great achievement.

For us, the hardcore players (by casual definition), the excitement is more about the new cards than the solo content.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Almost everyone who posts about Hearthstone online likely breezes through heroic because they are well aware of everything about Hearthstone and have played a lot. For your average schmoe who casually plays a few games a week and might be tempted to spend some extra time with the game due to Naxxramas, those Heroic fights are probably incredibly hard. These are your average Hearthstone casuals (the majority) who would view hitting rank 15 as a great achievement.

For us, the hardcore players (by casual definition), the excitement is more about the new cards than the solo content.

Except we have to wait like everyone else for the new cards locked behind shit pve content, even though we suffer the most from the stagnation of the game. Casuals don't care that we've been playing the same decks for months, they can't even build them. You can give casuals their pve content and cute card backs, but new card releases should be expedited for those of us who actually play the game seriously.

CoolOff

I think next bit of news will probably be the Android / iPhone ports, which maybe they'd have playable at BlizzCon in November... which would also be a good time to spill a little info about the first expansion, I could see a 2015 release as pretty likely for it if they hold off on giving any info until BlizzCon about it. If the expansion isn't released until sometime 2015, it'd make sense to have a 2nd PVE Adventure out before the expansion / after the other platforms are released.

My feeling is that we'll see quite a few small PvE-expansions before we see a really big one, now that they have the roll-out process set.

Tarazet

I believe she's coded to not use her hero power if you have a minion with the Enrage text on the board. However it looks like this doesn't apply to stuff like Gurubashi.

Also, Faerlina will be happy to use her hero power with Acolytes of Pain on the board.

pillowpants

Neo Member
Can someone please give me some tips on how to defeat the Grand Widow? I've tried about 10 times now with different classes with no luck. Normal difficulty, yes I know I suck. I'm a casual player and barely have any dust to craft cards (maybe one). I keep getting stuck with 4 cost cards in the beginning and her hero power just overwhelms me. Thanks.

ViviOggi

Can someone please give me some tips on how to defeat the Grand Widow? I've tried about 10 times now with different classes with no luck. Normal difficulty, yes I know I suck. I'm a casual player and barely have any dust to craft cards (maybe one). I keep getting stuck with 4 cost cards in the beginning and her hero power just overwhelms me. Thanks.

Well, this should immediately tell you that your curve is too high for this enemy. Just fill a deck with cheap, high-quality (stats-, not dust-wise) minions and you're good to go. Warlock would be the obvious choice but for normal any class should suffice.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning! I dreamt of the new oozes...

Anyone got a link to the new music? Please?

edit: Also, anyone wanna Mumble it up with me? I was thinking it'd be fun to play Hearthstone while talking to fellow GAFers?

edit 2: wait, the regular GAF Mumble that I have saved doesn't work... hmm?

For the normals on my US account that's like 3days old I used a warlock aggro deck with a bunch of basic cards, deck list since I'm too lazy to upload the picture:
2x Soulfire, Mortal Coil, Power Overwhelming, Elven Archer, Voidwalker, Voodoo Doctor, Acidic Swamp Ooze, Bloodfen Raptor, Bluegill Warrior, Shattered Sun Cleric, Wolfrider, Senjin Shieldmasta
1x Abusive Sergeant, Ironbeak Owl, Drain Life, Shadow bolt, Earthen Ring Farseer, Raid Leader

The 1x are either because they're not basic cards so I only have one or because I have better stuff/they're not very good(Raid Leader for example). Just replace what you're missing with whatever's the same price.

Celegus

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed. These boss battles are just a semi distraction in order to unlock what will only be a handful of new cards. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to finally get some new cards, but the way they are being put out (AI boss battles) seems like a giant waste of time and resources to me.

It'd be nice if there was a reason to replay the battles after you clear them for the first time. I figured there would at least be a way to earn some gold, but there's really just no point once you unlock the cards (which took all of 15 minutes).

frequency

Normal mode and challenges were really easy. First try for them. Heroic is harder though.

I'm a bit disappointed in the content. There isn't all that much and having to wait another week for the next set is making me sad. They said there would be replayability. There is none. There is literally no reason to play these more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom