• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Well, it was a comment in the context of using it together with Auctioneer and Malygos in my Spell Druid deck. Something to the tune of Auctioneer not being useful because Druids have the worst 0 mana spells (he wasn't referring to moon-fire). I take it he probably meant in the context for using them to draw, but even then I still would disagree obviously.

The only real context I can think of would be that Innervate is a bad standalone card to start a draw engine.

But, y'know, so is Prep as the only spell in your hand. In many ways, Innervate is a worse Prep for Miracle draw setups. Which is fair, though largely in part due to the worse spell lineup for Druid. But Innervate is about getting card advantage through accelerating a threat into play turns ahead of the curve so it forces a bad response or gets value through attacks which gives the Malygod Druid setup a better creature game. It's why that deck existed :(

slayn

needs to show more effort.
man this first wing is bullshit, they use so many cheap cards.

beat the first guy but the second one...

don't have a legendary deck, just decks from casual play for the last 6 to 8 weeks?
Any aggro deck that dumps its hand will destroy them. I don't think you even need a good zoo deck. Just play warlock/paladin and fill your deck with 1-3 mana creatures. Whatever cards you own that are cheap just put them in the deck and slap them on the board.

funkypie

Banned
Any aggro deck that dumps its hand will destroy them. I don't think you even need a good zoo deck. Just play warlock/paladin and fill your deck with 1-3 mana creatures. Whatever cards you own that are cheap just put them in the deck and slap them on the board.

well i'm trying to zoo it now but I mainly play priest, mage and druid.

inky

The only real context I can think of would be that Innervate is a bad standalone card to start a draw engine.

But, y'know, so is Prep as the only spell in your hand. In many ways, Innervate is a worse Prep for Miracle draw setups. Which is fair, though largely in part due to the worse spell lineup for Druid. But Innervate is about getting card advantage through accelerating a threat into play turns ahead of the curve so it forces a bad response or gets value through attacks which gives the Malygod Druid setup a better creature game. It's why that deck existed :(

Yup, I think he never played the deck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyone should try a Druid Malygos deck. Its just so much fun.

Raxus

Rain of Fire is actually one of the more managable abilities. Maexenna on the other hand? That is straight up bullshit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I know it's just luck of the draw, but it feels amazingly accurate.
I'm pretty sure it's not random. The AI is an AI and it knows what to do.

ViviOggi

Rain of Fire is actually one of the more managable abilities. Maexenna on the other hand? That is straight up bullshit.

The trick is to use it to your advantage with chargers and/or battlecries, many GAFfers here used healers and taunt givers while I beat her with Amaz's Hunter deck. Survive until she's left with no hand+board and you can tick her down with anything as she lacks any kind of card draw.

Bizazedo

Them slowly leaking cards out over the oncoming weeks is going to cause crazy spikes in the meta. The new cards help Zoo out a lot, but stuff like the Belcher or other anti zerg stuff isn't out yet.

Oof.

G.ZZZ

Handlock has already been meganerfed with druids having a huge card against them now (Poison seeds) and the websomething being absurd against drakes, Arguses and Defenders.

Zoo is a good deck but it's extremely dependant on the meta. Control paladin for example kill it 7/10.

I'm gonna do a disruption deck, 2 mana wraith 2 webspinners, 1 loatheb, you can't play anything
hush.gif

I tried the weblords earlier, then I found out it actually works on both you and your opponent(it says so I just somehow assumed it was only for the opponent). Wasn't happy that I blocked myself from playing for a turn by playing a crappy 1/4. In the end it turned out alright since the guy ended up trading 2cards and an entire turn to remove it but that was a bit of a surprise.

And yeah don't like the whole 1week per wing stuff in terms of card release. Makes sense and all that you can't get the cards without the wing released but it's very uneven what you get every week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This hunter just activated Explosive Traps against my two Nerubian Eggs...

Whryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yoshichan

I am lonely :( I don't know why Mumble doesn't work... I want to speak to people ;_;

Yoshichan

Hm. Have you tried updating the Mumble client?

Also, we have a group of Hearthstone GAF on one of the Mumbles?
I uninstalled it and it still doesn't work :(
Go out :b
Argh! You speak as if Hearthstone is all I do!

Today, I've worked, socialized, done errands and now I just want to chill, play some video games and talk to nerds on Mumble!

Minsc

Gold Member
And yeah don't like the whole 1week per wing stuff in terms of card release. Makes sense and all that you can't get the cards without the wing released but it's very uneven what you get every week.

It'd actually be kinda fun if they had the resources to just do a PVE wing every week of the year with even just 4 cards per wing/week. At least that'd mean we'd be getting ~200 new cards a year anyway (in the case of a real expansion missing a year). And they'd have a long term financial boost, as most players probably couldn't keep up the 700g per week indefinitely.

As it stands on the iOS Top Grossing charts (in the US), Hearthstone has gone from 29th place the day before Naxx to 11th place now, and that's just from releasing the free wing, when the paid wings come out, the increase should be much larger.

I kinda like how it makes everyone try out the new cards temporarily, even if most of them don't last in the long term.

Yoshichan

Can anyone from EU see if GAF Mumble works for you?

Alrus

Yeah I'm just going to make a Token Druid and not bother to try anything else. The meta will be only druids for a week or more anyway.

Zemm

The turnaround from someone like reynad or kolento streaming and the succesful decks they use being popular on ladder is about 8 minutes. It's insane.

Yoshichan

GAF 1 is down but GAF 2 works ok

quote to see the info

Yay! Thank you :D
Edit: can you quote me GAF 1 as well? I might have the wrong one for some reason...

Tried to make a Shaman deck around Nerubian Egg and Ancestral Spirit. Matched up against a zoolock and it went something like this:

Turn 1: Argent Squire
Turn 2: Nerubian Egg
Turn 3: Harvest Golem
Turn 4: Flametongue Totem + Ancestral Spirit

It pretty much snowballed after that with the lock having to blow everything to try (and fail) to take control. I got lucky with a perfect starting hand so definitely not viable, but it was still awesome to see.

It'd actually be kinda fun if they had the resources to just do a PVE wing every week of the year with even just 4 cards per wing/week. At least that'd mean we'd be getting ~200 new cards a year anyway (in the case of a real expansion missing a year). And they'd have a long term financial boost, as most players probably couldn't keep up the 700g per week indefinitely.

As it stands on the iOS Top Grossing charts (in the US), Hearthstone has gone from 29th place the day before Naxx to 11th place now, and that's just from releasing the free wing, when the paid wings come out, the increase should be much larger.

I kinda like how it makes everyone try out the new cards temporarily, even if most of them don't last in the long term.

Yeah it'd be fun but let's be realistic, the next set of cards is probably not even this year, or christmas at best. They're releasing over 5weeks so people don't say they've beaten the whole thing they took like a year to make in a single day and I guess so it gives them an additional month in the "how long since last content patch" count.

I like what they did and it's pretty fun and I hope I'm wrong but if anything wow taught me, it's that Blizzard is really really slow at releasing new stuff. Think this last expansion they're going over a year between the last raid and the next expansion or something, that's like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom