• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat all the card-giving content, so no Heroic for me for now. Had no trouble with the first two, Maexxna wrecked my Priest and Ramp Druid decks, switched to Zoo and won on Turn 5. Challenges were good fun as well.

Xanathus

Found a pretty good use for Nerubian Egg in arena, I had a Cultmaster on board and pinged my egg 2 times to activate it. So basically I spent 4 mana to get a 4/4 and a card, not a bad deal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Friendslist work for anyone else? (EU)

Acidote

Well, I thought the heroic mode was meant to suppose a challenge. I guess they changed their minds somewhere along the development. Although now there's no way I'll believe their reasoning behind golden cards.

It works for me Yoshi.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It works for me Yoshi.
Odd. It's just been completely empty for me but it shows that my friends are online. Anyone else?

Yoshichan

You did click the "Friends" tab/arrow, right? By default it should have the actual list hidden I believe.

If you already did that, dunno then.
Wow.

Wow.

Thank you.

Permanently A

Do you guys have tips for getting to legend? I've hit rank 5 before last season but I couldn't climb, I just won one and lost one over and over.

Yoshichan

Priest can be insane sometimes... just got a 20/20 Yeti on turn 5.

Yoshichan

Yo dawg, I heard you like Northshire Clerics

RjmYmVX.jpg

Yoshichan

Speaking of Eaglehorn, if it got changed, how come we're not getting full disenchant value from it like usual?

Blizzard's stupid response was "it wasn't much of a change".

Which is, again, very stupid.

ViviOggi

Anyone played Arena post-Naxx and gotten unusually high amounts of dust? I rarely get any but the two runs I finished today gave me a lot (top two are today's). That's a tiny sample size so I'm wondering if anyone else noticed something. I wouldn't be surprised if they altered the chance to get a dust pack instead of one containing gold to make paying real money for Naxx more attractive.

Yoshichan

:( This druid I just fought put up Argus and it glitched. He would've had lethal if it didn't glitch, and lost because of it...

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I don't know about this. I'm still missing lots of epics and rares so I need to buy packs for cards and dust, blowing 700 gold on like 45 minutes of content (non heroic) and six cards seems a bit much to me. I've got 700 now for the next wing but my gold would essentially be locked up for the next couple months. Tell me what to do.

Ultrabum

I don't know about this. I'm still missing lots of epics and rares so I need to buy packs for cards and dust, blowing 700 gold on like 45 minutes of content (non heroic) and six cards seems a bit much to me. I've got 700 now for the next wing but my gold would essentially be locked up for the next couple months. Tell me what to do.

Naxx cards seem pretty strong, just saying. I'd wait it out and see if your favorite deck needs them, and then drop the gold.

Yoshichan

Sell something you own (video games/blu-rays?) for $20 and buy the entire thing without spending gold. Spend the gold on arena or decks.

ViviOggi

If spending money is an option you definitely get the better deal buying Naxx and spending the gold on packs (or Arenas if you're consistent enough). Or you could look over the rewards for each wing and skip the ones you think you can do without for now.

johnsmith

remember me

Win 30 games a day for that 100 extra daily gold.

TP17

Just played through normal mode with a Hunter deck and won pretty easily, before beating the class challenges first attempt too. Expecting it to step up when I try heroic later.

Funny/face palm moment when I completely forgot about the hero power of the 2nd boss and did the starving buzzard/unleash combo and had 9 cards in hand.

I think I understand the strength of the new rogue card anubar ambusher.

I was just using it to put a lot of pressure vs a priest (he used his first shadowword death on a 5/3 bloodsail raider). I didn't play any other minions and just kept hitting with a poisoned dagger. I even assassinated his first taunt. By turn 6 he was already down to 13-15 hp when he used auchenai + circle + hero power to finally clear my ambusher.

Behind the scenes I already accumulated another ambusher and a yeti and even a si7 agent I chose not to play because I felt the 5 damage per turn was enough pressure and playing more minions just walks into aoes or the deathrattle of ambusher. So I had an easy answer to the 3/1 and hit face with dagger to keep putting pressure after my ambusher died.

In short (TLDR): Ambusher is pretty solid as a single minion drop.

Other strengths have been buffing him with cold blood. Already had someone silence him to take him out which meant the deathrattle didn't impact me at all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If it didn't have the Deathrattle, you wouldn't have worried as much about overextending and would've applied even more pressure to close out the game before the Priest could stabilize.

Its Deathrattle works both ways, by making it a less attractive target to kill on an empty field and making you less likely to press an advantage in case it backfires.

It seems like the reconnect feature is working better now. I dc'd mid match without even noticing it and it reconnected me in a matter of seconds... then I had to replay my turn lol. But it worked!

Also at the end of the match I dc'd but it claimed my game was recorded. When I reconnected it revealed I had gained stars and completed 2 quests so yeah, maybe this game is shaping up better.

If it didn't have the Deathrattle, you wouldn't have worried as much about overextending and would've applied even more pressure to close out the game before the Priest could stabilize.

Its Deathrattle works both ways, by making it a less attractive target to kill on an empty field and making you less likely to press an advantage in case it backfires.

Yep, the price of 1 attack.... then again I tend to be taking too much risk by over-extending, especially in a match that I often lose only when I over-extend anyway.

The downside being that it is harder to use my mana efficiently each turn while not making myself vulnerable to the deathrattle. Which is why on turn 5 I used assassinate rather than just using the ambusher and my weapon to take the senjin out. The assassinate was also extra justified because the priest coined powerword shield on it which would have made it absord 8 damage rather than just 5.

Overall, it just seems much more situational than Yeti, such that it doesn't seem worth the +1 attack. It's the sort of card you have to build your deck around but doesn't really reward you enough for doing so.

Card Boy

Banned
Half Nax cards are so OP, people where basically beta feedbacking them whilst they where getting revealed and still Blizzard did nothing to balance them.

I think I understand the strength of the new rogue card anubar ambusher.

While not as technical or in depth, the few times I've used him, I've had a Farseer or an Agent on the board, and I've gotten multiple uses on their extra effects. The real question is if that those are more useful than having them on the board. Best case in that respect would be if they had already traded with something else so they'd get 'healed.'

I'll probably stick with him regardless because it adds some more thinking and effects in any rogue deck.

Edit: I'll also add, I'm looking forward to using him as a shadow step for Leeroy or something similar, but that is pretty situational.

I made this shaman deck today and this druid used poison seeds which actually increased my deadliness more than reducing it lol. He silenced my harvest golem over that new spider that spawns 2x 1/1s. Then used poison seeds and I dealt like 29 damage with blood fury and axe.

bloodfury.png

While not as technical or in depth, the few times I've used him, I've had a Farseer or an Agent on the board, and I've gotten multiple uses on their extra effects. The real question is if that those are more useful than having them on the board. Best case in that respect would be if they had already traded with something else so they'd get 'healed.'

I'll probably stick with him regardless because it adds some more thinking and effects in any rogue deck.

I actually do think he fits in more decks than I originally thought. Even in miracle because you aren't playing many minions you can drop him on an empty board more often than not.

Yoshichan

Level 59 paladin :D

Golden Stormwind Champion looks delicious... ALMOST kinda wanna use it now :(

Swapped out my single Earthen Ring Farseer for a single Anub'ar Weblord; the ERF was generally yo help me stabilize against aggro and occasionally be 3 direct damage if I had an Auchenai in-play... But now I think the Weblord does more for me vs. aggro. Seems like it is slowing down Zoo a tiny bit... Just enough for me to win a bit more. Zoo is still crazy vs. Priest but the Weblord is a start. I want to find space for a second one.

TomServo

Got to rank 5. As a casual player, I'm not going to push to legendary, so rank 5 feels like the ceiling for me.

I guess I just beat Hearthstone :p

Cipherr

Is this true:

So, Faerlina's power on heroic mode is pretty scary. If you've played against her, you know this.

Thing is, she quits using it if you drop a Nerubian Egg on the field! She's somehow so terrified of that 0/2 becoming a 4/4 that she'll just simply cast minions from there on out.

If you're like me and love control decks, simply throw some in your deck and try to mulligan into one. Stick it on the board and you can play the rest of the match like a fairly normal game, against an opponent with tons of life and pretty powerful cards.

I'm gonna be a little salty if all the 'tricks' come to light after I suffered my way through those guys.
MucuZlJ.png

Slacker

I'm gonna be a little salty if all the 'tricks' come to light after I suffered my way through those guys.
MucuZlJ.png

That's the challenge of the game to me. I took me about 20 tries with and about 10 differently tweaked decks to beat Maexx, but I beat her without checking for any tips online. Much more satisfying that way.

Of course, there are tricks for all of them. ;) Now that I know how to beat Maexx I can beat her reliably.

Now if I could just get beyond level 15...

Yoshichan

5600 gold... I for some reason feel that it's more worth it to wait until all of Naxx is released and then buy packs/do arena.

When opening decks, can you get golden version of Naxx cards or are they ONLY buyable with dust?

Yoshichan

How much did I fuck this warrior up by putting two Nerub'ar Weblords on turn 1 and 2? He didn't do shit for 5 turns and I'm wondering if that's because of those Weblords...

How many warrior cards have battlecry early on?
They're only craftable.
Thanks.

lmao.... knife juggler hits my nerubian egg twice in a 1/16 chance of happening.

How much did I fuck this warrior up by putting two Nerub'ar Weblords on turn 1 and 2? He didn't do shit for 5 turns and I'm wondering if that's because of those Weblords...

How many warrior cards have battlecry early on?

Thanks.

2 weblords on field vs aggro lock is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom