• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaxident

Watching TidesofTime twitch stream right now and he is freaking wasted. Has about 8 more hours to go on a 24 hour stream. Hell be lucky to live 2...

Was watching reynads stream and apparently tides passed out on stream. His viewers were wanting reynad to go to his house and everything, was he just flat out drinking for 16 hours?

Fox1304

Is that normal that I rolled over all the bosses on first try ? I'm quite a casual player, never bought packs, have only one epic, never got a legendary, but all went down on the first try.
Not bragging, just surprised and disappointed that they were so easy ( I know I know there is still heroic ).

zoukka

Is that normal that I rolled over all the bosses on first try ? I'm quite a casual player, never bought packs, have only one epic, never got a legendary, but all went down on the first try.
Not bragging, just surprised and disappointed that they were so easy ( I know I know there is still heroic ).

If you happen to roll with correct decks the normal bosses are pretty easy. I tried Handlock against the second boss and it was hilarious (heroic though).

Fox1304

If you happen to roll with correct decks the normal bosses are pretty easy. I tried Handlock against the second boss and it was hilarious (heroic though).
Did all of them with my standard hunt deck.
Couldn't even tell you what kind of deck it is :D

zoukka

Goddamn zoo decks have gotten so much more staying power with Creeper and Eggs. We need some serious deathrattle hate cards...

wow the druid class challenge is pretty hard, unless I'm just awful at this. She always has a turn 1 play and I can never catch up

EDIT: Nevermind I drew well and rekt her on turn 7

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
100g daily reward :3 Oh how I love when this shows up!

Beat all the class challenges and heroic bosses! Was really fun! Cant wait for next week!

Ill be happy to talk strats with anyone if they want.

Deck list for heroic mode:

Anub:
handlock (more text so it it isnt obvious)
Grand Widow:
zoo (more text so it isnt obvious it was zoo)
Maexxna:
freeze mage variant, one minion - alexstrasza

You sir know how spoilers work. Really appreciate that.

Actually, I take that back, the massive tide of zoolocks playing nerubians and spiders is making it really easy to win with crusher shaman

Dropping an earth elemental and then casting ancestral spirit on it against a zoolock is probably the most delicious thing you can do in hearthstone. Just watching them fumble through their cards trying to figure out the most optimal way to remove it (hint: not doomguard), or sometimes they don't realize it will resurrect so they'll kill it and become confused when they can't attack my face. So good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Actually, I take that back, the massive tide of zoolocks playing nerubians and spiders is making it really easy to win with crusher shaman

Dropping an earth elemental and then casting ancestral spirit on it against a zoolock is probably the most delicious thing you can do in hearthstone. Just watching them fumble through their cards trying to figure out the most optimal way to remove it (hint: not doomguard), or sometimes they don't realize it will resurrect so they'll kill it and become confused when they can't attack my face. So good.
I need to try this... Mind sharing your deck?

I need to try this... Mind sharing your deck?
It's this one:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/68166-crusher-shaman-legendary

Instead of using "traditional" shaman value cards like flametongue, rockbiter, and doomhammer, it works on the synergy between ancestral spirit/ancestral healing/injured blademaster/earth elemental to constantly have high health taunt minions on the board. Because you have no healing and no burst, and the combos are less effective against polymorphs and sap, it loses really badly to freeze mage and has a hard time with miracle, but it stops all kinds of aggro cold.

I imagine a deck with more burst and comeback potential would be more consistent for climbing ranks, but the zoolock salt from playing this deck is more than worth it.

Tacitus_

Heh, demolished Anub with a midrange hunter. I noticed how he preferred to go for face so I put up a hyena and ran doggies to his stuff and blammo, a 15 attack hyena that did a number on his face.

Yoshichan

NAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Alrus

I feel like every starting hand, save 2x Doomguard and 2x Soulfire, is the dream hand for Zoo.

I hate getting soulfire or Doomguard in my starting/early hand. It just increases the risk of drawing a second one. Also, any starting hand with an ineffective curve is pretty awful, means you will have a slow start and thus run the risk of going into late game, which usually mean running out of steam for you. So plenty of awful hands besides 2 doomguard 2 soulfire.

Yoshichan

HOLY SHIT GO ULTRABUM! WATCHING YOU BRO!!!

Yoshichan

ViviOggi

Where the fuck are my saps gshhathf

I have 2 saps, they were both in my last 5 cards for Pete's sake. RNGG.

ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ
`ヽ`、`、ヽヽヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`
、ヽ、ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ヽ`、
`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽヽヽ
、ヽヽ`ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ

Yoshichan

SO MAD! Wanted you to beat Kripp!

Tarazet

I beat her on Heroic with Handlock. I just took the hero power damage to the face until I was able to drop Molten Giants, taunt them up and then she had nothing.

So the first Nax cards only made Zoo that much better. Hope we get the anti zoo cards fast.

Right now if i don't get lightning storm's or Senjin before turn 4, its pretty much over. Even if i get Earth Elemental at turn 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom